Discovery Gaming Community
For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. (/showthread.php?tid=140294)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Langolier - 06-13-2016

I followed the advice in another thread on the forums (somewhere). I created a seperate user account on my pc to play the SP campaign, which by the way, only works in Disco 4.84. After that version the campaign is disabled and only open SP is available.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Kamida Assembly - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 02:49 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: It crashes when i try to make a new game. But its weird, the game keeps running, but for some reason it closes completely.

Maybe because i think you can't play SP on Discovery.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 02:55 PM)Mark.Zuric Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 02:49 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: It crashes when i try to make a new game. But its weird, the game keeps running, but for some reason it closes completely.

Maybe because i think you can't play SP on Discovery.

Im refering to vanilla freelancer.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Langolier - 06-13-2016

Probably need to reinstall then.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Kamida Assembly - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 02:49 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: Im refering to vanilla freelancer.

I think you shoud re-install freelancer and install everything again.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 02:52 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: Maybe something messed with the vanilla game...If this is happening on the vanilla game, all I can say is try installing it on a flash drive.

I have tried to download it again, but when i try to open the installer, it asks me if i want to uninstall.

(06-13-2016, 03:02 PM)Mark.Zuric Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 02:49 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: Im refering to vanilla freelancer.

I think you shoud re-install freelancer and install everything again.

Do you know if there is any problem with Discovery after reinstalling?

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - TheSauron - 06-13-2016

As far as I'm aware the save files are being deleted every time you launch Discovery. Not sure why, though. If you want to keep vanilla FL saves, you'll need to copy them to a different folder before launching Disco.

Edited because it made no sense.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Cardinal - 06-13-2016

Did you follow the installation instructions? It said that you needed a clean install of vanilla FL before you installed Disco.

(06-13-2016, 03:10 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: Did you follow the installation instructions? It said that you needed a clean install of vanilla FL before you installed Disco.

Oh really? Welp, it appears i skipped that part. My bad.