Discovery Gaming Community
For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. (/showthread.php?tid=140294)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Kamida Assembly - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 03:07 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: Do you know if there is any problem with Discovery after reinstalling?

You have to re-install everything even Discovery but save your ID's of ships.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Cardinal - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 03:12 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 03:10 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: Did you follow the installation instructions? It said that you needed a clean install of vanilla FL before you installed Disco.

Oh really? Welp, it appears i skipped that part. My bad.

Yeeeep, that would be an issue.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 03:39 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 03:12 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 03:10 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: Did you follow the installation instructions? It said that you needed a clean install of vanilla FL before you installed Disco.

Oh really? Welp, it appears i skipped that part. My bad.

Yeeeep, that would be an issue.

Nothing worked, i have reinstalled both freelancer and discovery, and freelancer (original) still gives me crash on new game.

I think its due to discovery, it must have some sort of conflict.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Cardinal - 06-13-2016

Hmm...never experienced this myself at all. I guess your computer refuses to do what you want it to do. Must be High noon.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Kamida Assembly - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 03:57 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: Nothing worked, i have reinstalled both freelancer and discovery, and freelancer (original) still gives me crash on new game.
Ohh i think you can"t play SP mate, i can't play on my PC thet too with Discovery mode.

Some people can play vanilla and some can't. The choice relies on your computer.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Stefz - 06-13-2016

Had the same problem. In the setup screen, did you choose "reinstall" or "uninstall"?

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Laz - 06-13-2016

Delete Restart.fl from your save game folder if you haven't already.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 04:33 PM)Stefz Wrote: Had the same problem. In the setup screen, did you choose "reinstall" or "uninstall"?

I had to uninstall first then i reinstalled again.

(06-13-2016, 04:48 PM)Laz Wrote: Delete Restart.fl from your save game folder if you haven't already.

Oh, that ended up fixing it, thanks! Weird that a single file doesnt allow you to play it.