Discovery Gaming Community
Agiera Dark Matter Survey - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Agiera Dark Matter Survey (/showthread.php?tid=140439)

Agiera Dark Matter Survey - casualty - 06-22-2016

[Image: jdQYvPx.png]

To: Ageira Innovations Executive Leadership

Gentlemen,

I assume you are aware about the recent Sirius-wide cataclysmic events that, according to reports, originated deep in the Omicron systems, but affected other, even distant systems. That dark matter storm raises a question one more time: could such surges be predicted and how we can make profit of it?

I contacted Ageira Science Department at Planet Denver. After several discussions with Dr. Fairchild, the head of Dark Matter laboratory, and her crew, we drafted a research plan that might yield some short-term profit and long-term strategic advantages to our corporation. Dr. Fairchild kindly suggested that I present the plan, although she has all the credits for its preparation. I included descriptions of research activities provided by Dr. Fairchild along with my own assessment of business opportunities connected to it.

Survey Systems
There are several systems across Sirius that present special interest for Ageira Science Department and Dark Matter Lab. Some of them are listed below.

Alberta
[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/7p1Sh0il.png?1[/img]This system, though remote and lacking a decent infrastructure, holds important resources and draws attention of all major Liberty corporations. Universal Shipment, Deep Space Engineering and Ageira have assets in Alberta. It is also a source of valuable resource -- platinum ore, the only source of raw ore in Liberty.

The dark matter storm that approaches the system threatens all assets situated there. The bad thing is nobody knows exactly how much time left before the disaster strikes, and how severe the fallout might be.

Ageira Science Department proposes a global survey of the dark matter storm approaching Alberta system to determine the speed of its advancement and the level of potential threat it poses to all assets in the system.

I envision this mission as a joint effort by all interested parties. Ageira shall play the role of thought leader and provide scientific resources, while other corporations are invited to invest funds and materials in the preparation for the mission and building required vessels and facilities. The contract must state that all the assets created for the mission will remain property of Ageira after the effort is finished.

Texas
Clouds of dark matter in Texas are unique in a sense that they are artificial creation of the Dallas Project went wrong. They are also seem to be more dangerous than any other such cloud known to us. Nevertheless, as we know, there is a lot of activity going in those clouds, including, but not limited to the efforts of DSE and ALG to clean up the debris remnants from the incident.

The recent jam of the New York jump gate in Texas demonstrates the gaps in the evaluation of impact of the clouds present in the system.

Survey mission in Texas will have to confirm and specify the results of previous surveys. If possible, probes should go deeper inside the clouds than before and chart the grey areas within.

This mission is a subject for joint effort with DSE engineering department. Its results should be used in planning of DSE decontamination effort in Texas, as well as planning of maintenance of transport infrastructure across the system.

Kepler/Galileo
Being engulfed in dark matter storms in the past, these systems represent the aftermath of such cataclysmic event and give us a chance to study the long-term effects of it. Dark Matter Lab is interested in samples from the fragments of clouds that fill those two systems for comparison analysis with samples from other systems.

Additionally, there are remnants of trade lanes in Kepler that were destroyed by the storm. These must be inspected and analyzed with proper sampling and manual examination.

Finally, contacts should be made to Ames Research station in Kepler regarding results and the state of art of their research. They could provide some invaluable lengthy observations, however inferior their quality could be compared to Ageira.

Munich
[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/VTXUGzZl.png?1[/img]System of Munich is perhaps the most interesting to survey, as the disaster caused by a dark matter storm is unfolding there as we speak. There is a unique opportunity to study the immediate effect of different aspects of the storm on a biosphere of an inhabitable planet, on active jump gate and trade lanes, and on other artificial objects that were exposed to a dark matter at its extreme.

Survey in Munich system will be a complicated effort, as it has to be approved by Rheinland government upfront. On the other hand, if they are interested in the results, they can sponsor expenses and even provide material support to the survey mission. Anyways, diplomatic efforts will be required to start this project.

Virginia
This system is under Liberty Navy control, and the Dark Matter Lab is informed about their own line of research of the anomaly in the system (Newport Anomaly, to be precise). We should propose the Liberty Navy command to exchange the research data and samples, and request access to the Newport Anomaly itself.

Economic Effect Of Dark Matter Survey
So, what we are going to do about all the stuff that we collect and study in this survey? What the potential benefit for Ageira in the long term?

Dr. Fairchild presented me an idea that is brewing in the Dark Matter Lab for quite some time now. She couldn’t explain it in details to me, since I lack necessary expertise to fully understand it. However, in simple terms, the Lab is actively working on a technology that allows to condense the dark matter onto material objects as a nano-film. Such a film is proven to change the properties of materials covered by it dramatically. The exact details vary from one material to another, and it’s a huge field for theoretical research as well as practical experimentation. However, it would be undoubted breakthrough of the century if Dark Matter Lab could master the production-ready methods to produce dark matter enhanced materials. It is difficult to estimate profits from this kind of technology, should we patent it and start producing at our facilities, but it obviously will be comparable to benefits from such technology as jump gates or superconductors.

The proposed survey is extremely important for the aforementioned work of the Dark Matter Lab as a source of unique field data on the subject.
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]