Discovery Gaming Community
The.Shovel | SpecOps ID, Freelancer IFF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Special Roleplay Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+----- Forum: Approved Special Roleplay Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+----- Thread: The.Shovel | SpecOps ID, Freelancer IFF (/showthread.php?tid=140527)

The.Shovel | SpecOps ID, Freelancer IFF - eigos - 06-22-2016

1. Forum name of the owner:

eigos

2. What exactly are you requesting?

1.) Special Operative ID, 100% powercore on an Outcast Destroyer for civilian and outcast tech. The ID rules would be a copy of the Freelancer ID with "Allowed ships: Outcast Destroyer" and used with the Freelancer IFF.

2.) Engine animation changed to Edge Worlds (like the pirate transport), illustrated here.
Reason for change - ship needs to look older, like the 4.84 destroyer model. Reference in here, post #5.

3. Exact name, identification and affiliation of the character:

Sudrossu [would like to rename it to The.Shovel either with your help or myself after the request is done]
Outcast Destroyer
Outcast ID & IFF

Money to be taken out of this ship and renaming fee also.

4. Why is this request necessary for the continuation of this character's roleplay?

Getting that SRP ID with Freelancer IFF is the only way for my character to actually start his journey trough Sirius. The treatment I'd get, wearing the default Outcast credentials, would stop me from making any kind of character progression, due to the inRP bias and preexisting faction diplomacies. And it is also in contradiction with my story - after activating the reserve civilian transponder during the fight in Gallia, the ship in essence shows up as a neutral entity with no info on it whatsoever. In my latest story post, I explain how the transponder gets worked on by a shady guy, turning it into a freelancer IFF. This would allow me to conduct actual in-game RP with the ship, with the respective consequences - I will make friends, enemies and keep neutral relations with others. The story is just beginning and I am really needing the means for me to continue it.

5. What short-term and long-term goals are you planing to achieve on this character?

Short Term: Get the transponder fixed (it's done inRP-wise), start flying the ship and charting any systems that I can; Meeting different factions (and freelancers) on the way, interacting with them; Find work trough the communication channels and establish a reputation among the guys willing to hire me.

Long Term: Exploring the effects of choosing sides between factions; Furthering my character's knowledge and finding a greater goal to pursue; Use the ship as both a mobile home and a workhorse for self-sustainment;

6. Provide links to the relevant forum roleplay.

A.) Operation: Sombra Asunto
B.) [Classified] Personnel Database
C.) K's Personal Log

7. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.

A.) Main backstory for the mission in Lorraine, where my character played a role in the Outcast struggle for power in Gallic space. All the dates, base information, faction lore and discovery progress was taken into account while writing this. My idea was to tell the story as a dialogue with some narrative lines, a lot of pictures and straight-to-the-point style.

B.) This is a database, existing in the Outcast register for personnel. It only shows the short ID Cards, not the text below - that is just for the narrative of the story. It helps peer into the biography of some important characters and it may get updates from time to time, depending on the RP needs.

C.) A personal captain's log, used by the main character to write about his most notable adventures in the aftermath of the mission in Gallia. It's intended to become a reference point for character development.

8. How long has this character been building its backstory?

I started writing the script in mid-may of this year and the character was created end of may.
I cannot brag about a long presence of the character in question. However I, myself, have been in this community (on and off during the years) from way back 2005. What I can promise is this - I am going to do as much as I can, to create some epic moments of roleplay for everyone who wants it.
In the end, this is the reason most of us are here - to get that immersion and thrill out of a cool encounter or forum session.

9. If you feel that you would like to provide us with character references, specify whom.

The only references I have (if we can call them that) is the feedback on my RP story (I asked them specifically for it) by two people:

Doc Holliday
King Boo

I am absolutely aware that the non-lobbying rule applies here, so I am not expecting a guaranteed approval.
However, I always hope for the best and I'm happy with how the story turned out.
A big thank you to both Doc and King, for taking the time to read some of my story and write an inspiring feedback for me.
Thanks guys!

RE: The.Shovel | SpecOps ID, Freelancer IFF - Tunicle - 07-12-2016

Approved