Discovery Gaming Community
[WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing (/showthread.php?tid=140668)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Sombs - 06-29-2016

REWARD: 1.000.000.000 Credits for the final model

Hello! I'm looking for someone who could help me in case of modelling. For a unique ship based on the Core Mako Battleship, I need someone to edit the model to change a few parts. In the first post, I'll update all the sketches I have so far on the "it should look like this"-list.

[Image: makobig_by_rhulaner-da7koj6.gif]

into this

[Image: apahantamk2_by_rhulaner-da85ag7.png]

My long-term goal is to make my Mako into this altered version. Since it's a long-term goal, it can take months, if not even years, as I don't intent to leave soon. The model needs to be edited as well as the textures. About the textures: I can edit them, however I need their raw-files to do that.

Actually, here are some more visual infos:

[Image: pda08_by_rhulaner-da8ye1b.png]

RED
The engine section needs to be replaced mostly. The Mako uses 6 engine "tubes", the Mako MKII should use 5 of them. 4 smaller ones around the big one in the center of it. The engine tubes themselves should be long and bulky and elliptic-edgy like those of the Mako. However, they should be covered by the typical Zoner-ish scale-like armor plates.

It's very like I showed it in the orthogonal-ish pictures and less like the 3D-sketches I made. Although the Backview-Sketch shows the engine alignment very well.

PURPLE
This terrible fin. Nothing makes a Mako captain more angry than catching small asteroids with this weird fin. It's that unfortunately shaped, the Mako stops once a stone is there. I need to get rid of it. Instead, the Mako should get not only two wings down there diagonally, but also change the mini-arm-like (showed partially in the cyan field) to horizontal wings. The orthogonal sketches are very much like how I want them.

Also, there are those connections down there, linking the back and the head of the ship with each other. Make two of them and put them left and right down there, just behind the diagonal wings. Make sure they leave enough space for a snub to enter the hangar.

CYAN
The Observation deck. Very much like I drew it on the orthogonal sketches and the 3D-sketches. Ever seen Stargate Universe? I want the observation deck like this. The glass can be made in black-ish color, half transparent or opaque, whatever you find easier, as it isn't very important to show "there is a room with wide windows there". The dark hull patterns from the head are to be connected with the back of the ship.

ORANGE
The mouth. It's ew. I want it to look a bit more like wingey, so put there slightly diagonal wings down there. Make sure there is a small flat spot between the wings, as I'd wish to put a Battleship Missile Turret there. However, no need to give that place a texture like there was a slot, as I don't know if the slot will be approved. Would be cool, though.

The length and the form of the wings are more like the side-view orthogonal pic shows, but the 3D-view shows very well how the angle should be.

GREEN
The hangar. The Mako has one, obviously, but it's terrible inaccessable by snubs - we even had problems to put @Foxgloves Switchblade there. So make it bigger and place it at the bottom somewhere. If not at the neck, then down at the belly. The hangar should be at least 1.5 times bigger. However, no need for an open hangar like the Bretonian Warships have. Just a well placed frame would be enough with the fitting texture.

Weapon layout: Nothing changes here so far, just an additional Heavy BS Weapon slot for the missile launcher at the "mouth".

A usual Mako has 2 Heavy Slots (at those eye-balls), 5 primaries and 7 secondary slots as well as one CM-slot for the cloaking device.

Special: I want burning points like most snubs have. If the Mako MKII gets damaged, there should be set points where fire and smoke particles will leave the model. A purple fire particle spawner a the engines would be cool, to show how engine plasma leaks the engine part. I know those points have to be set in a model. Or correct me if I'm wrong.

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Sombs - 06-29-2016

Bump!

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Piombo65 - 06-30-2016

Can you make a Orthogonal projection?

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Sombs - 06-30-2016

Just as a sketch on paper. Would that be enough?

(06-30-2016, 06:28 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Just as a sketch on paper. Would that be enough?

Ok

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Sombs - 06-30-2016

Give me some hours, I'll try my best. Big Grin

(06-30-2016, 06:34 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Give me some hours, I'll try my best. Big Grin

Ok, meanhwille I try to use Blender...

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Sombs - 07-01-2016

[Image: apahanta_by_rhulaner-da8goxn.png]
[Image: apahantab_by_rhulaner-da8go2l.png]

Here, I tried my best on somewhat usable views of what I want. However, my eyes aren't accurate as well as those drawings. The prioritized reference is still the white shiny Mako with it's length and color shematics. I'll go on provide more scetches, but that will take more time. However, this is a long-term thing, so no need to rush anything.

Paperwork: 1 2 3 (observation deck)

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Piombo65 - 07-01-2016

Ehm... I mean a Orthogonal projection where there is the ship saw in front, Top and back. like this

Edit:
Or This
Or this, that is a part of Orthogonal projection (Missing Back)

However for now they go well your designs

RE: [WANTED] Unique Mako Editing - Sombs - 07-01-2016

Still working on it, especially with the bottom part since I want the new Mako have a "real" hangar, not the small thing hidden in a merely accessable area for snubs. Can't promise to get them ready today or tomorrow, but at least next week.