Discovery Gaming Community
Goodnight, sweet prince. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Goodnight, sweet prince. (/showthread.php?tid=140703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Goodnight, sweet prince. - Luke. - 06-29-2016

I mean, you just banned a good portion of your most active members of the community. I'm not sure how not giving them even a slither of a final chance to explain themselves was fair in any way, but there are currently about 20 people sat in the TS server, all contemplating why, when they're still fairly well liked by the community, they're getting banned because of some upheaval by the admins which have so vaguely explained why they've been thrown from the ship indefinitely.

I don't know about you, but one way to increase the prosperity of a community is certainly not to go full dictator on the forum. It looks more like an assertion of authority rather than a reasonable vote. Nothing will be gained from your decision and you've probably just killed the aforementioned activity that drove the most active factions on the server. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with you and it really shows that you haven't thought about this as much as you think. If you're banning these guys, from what I saw and heard recently I'd strongly suggest you expand that list. There are much worse here and you might as well keep digging now.

But hey what do I know, I don't play anymore. Almost as if there was a reason for that as well.

All you guys have ever been over recent months or even a year or so, are just tyrants going to extreme measures to censor any kind of discussion in this community. Some people do have a thick skin and can take being insulted a little for whatever they've done. Not everyone is getting butthurt by a few shitty comments towards them, or because of a bad encounter. It's honestly a little sickening watching a now very unique community, saving a game that's teetering on the edge of extinction, is tarnished by you. Not the players. You. It's just awful now and Disco is no fun to play because everyone's wondering when they're going to be banned out of the blue, sanctioned etc etc. Especially now you've once again sent this place further down the toilet.

That'll do me anyway. Deleting posts is apparently your only way of getting a point across.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - Euca - 06-30-2016

Unlocked due to a lack of inappropriate content.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - Alex. - 06-30-2016

(06-29-2016, 11:19 PM)Luke. Wrote: I mean, you just banned a good portion of your most active members of the community. I'm not sure how not giving them even a slither of a final chance to explain themselves was fair in any way, but there are currently about 20 people sat in the TS server, all contemplating why, when they're still fairly well liked by the community, they're getting banned because of some upheaval by the admins which have so vaguely explained why they've been thrown from the ship indefinitely.

I don't know about you, but one way to increase the prosperity of a community is certainly not to go full dictator on the forum. It looks more like an assertion of authority rather than a reasonable vote. Nothing will be gained from your decision and you've probably just killed the aforementioned activity that drove the most active factions on the server. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with you and it really shows that you haven't thought about this as much as you think. If you're banning these guys, from what I saw and heard recently I'd strongly suggest you expand that list. There are much worse here and you might as well keep digging now.

But hey what do I know, I don't play anymore. Almost as if there was a reason for that as well.

All you guys have ever been over recent months or even a year or so, are just tyrants going to extreme measures to censor any kind of discussion in this community. Some people do have a thick skin and can take being insulted a little for whatever they've done. Not everyone is getting butthurt by a few ***** comments towards them, or because of a bad encounter. It's honestly a little sickening watching a now very unique community, saving a game that's teetering on the edge of extinction, is tarnished by you. Not the players. You. It's just awful now and Disco is no fun to play because everyone's wondering when they're going to be banned out of the blue, sanctioned etc etc. Especially now you've once again sent this place further down the toilet.

That'll do me anyway. Deleting posts is apparently your only way of getting a point across.

I agree with everything you wrote. This whole thing reflects incredibly poorly upon the entire team. While some of those bans may be justified, I have no reason to believe at least one of them is.

(06-30-2016, 02:37 AM)Wulverine Wrote: Unlocked due to a lack of inappropriate content.

Who locked this thread before you corrected it, and why? There should've been a post but I don't see one.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - Euca - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 04:54 AM)Alex. Wrote: Who locked this thread before you corrected it, and why? There should've been a post but I don't see one.

I have no idea why the thread was locked to be honest, and as to why there was no post totally stumps me. All that matters is that the thread is unlocked now.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - Xenon - 06-30-2016

(06-29-2016, 11:19 PM)Luke. Wrote: I mean, you just banned a good portion of your most active members of the community.

Aye, very active metagamers and trouble makers for years, we should unban them and let them destroy the server more and more
When people will seriously look for the server sake and admire it more than satisfying a friend or friends by a post
Don't be annoyed from my words, but you trying to defend a famous trouble makers who cause tens of players to leave this server.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - nOmnomnOm - 06-30-2016

Stop throwing around the word "metagaming" if you dont know what it means.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - Venkman - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 06:27 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Stop throwing around the word "metagaming" if you dont know what it means.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - Xenon - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 06:27 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Stop throwing around the word "metagaming" if you dont know what it means.

Metagaming is moving information from a character to another outside of role play which means that some people do move information about game play from a character to another via teamspeak, skype etc.. and not from the game, resulting in harassing others by many ways .. one of these ways is to keep switching chars and hunt the same person just because your friend on teamspeak told you about some info or you know it from another character you play ...

I just have a question for you @nOmnomnOm .. how did you knew that i didn't know what metagaming means? .. you look little bad now because i do know what it means
Just curious, are you gonna tell me next ""don't try to make yourself look adult or great etc.. etc.. """ like before? ...
I hold good respect for you so don't break it mate... and always think before typing because once the other side read it .. then the only thing you will have to do to correct it is to say sorry
and you did that before ... anyway, have good time

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - PKPower - 06-30-2016

I was going to make a post about this sooner or later. First thing I'm going to say is that I see why the people who were banned, were chosen to be punished. While most of them were bitter, I don't see why they were banned, but I guess the admin team saw some justification.

This is just my way of expressing my sadness and saying goodbye. I had a lot of enjoyable encounters with many of the banned people and even though the ones in question are not going to see this I especially want to thank Karst for teaching me so much about Disco and Lyth for the engaging Discussions about the future of the Omicrons.

Between all the bad things those people did, the good they did can't be replaced.

Drive into the sunset and roll the credits.

RE: Goodnight, sweet prince. - eigos - 06-30-2016

(06-30-2016, 07:39 AM)PKPower Wrote: Between all the bad things those people did, the good they did can't be replaced.

Drive into the sunset and roll the credits.

That's very dramatic. Who was banned again? I don't see anything recent in the sanctions thread.