Discovery Gaming Community
Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith (/showthread.php?tid=140846)

Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-04-2016

[Image: CrRLiti.png]

The Eidolon Wraith - An experimental Battlecruiser which houses the most valuable knowledge and people within Battlegroup Auxesia, as well as a set of Gammuian AI units. Considered one of the most secured vessels in the small fleet, it's no surprise that many would find comfort within its dark hallways. The various floors and sections are divided by security checkpoints, guarded by men, women, or machines under the Auxesian banner. Much goes on within each section, which is kept secure inside the fleet. From medical appointments with Michael Glass, training sessions or simulations, meetings on the bridge, to just relaxing in the canteen or ones quarters. The day to day life of the fleet occurs within the Wraith's halls, and these are those stories.

[Image: sB9ez7I.png]

Hangars & Canteen

Being the entrance and close resting point for weary patrols, the hangars are well secured by automated turrets and frequent combination patrols of drones or soldiers in C-1 combat armor. The pair of hangar bays possess an auto-rotate system to store spare craft to allocate additional space for future landings. The hangars possessed the entry airlock, and a maintenance airlock to the side of the hangar doors. Like most, there were refueling stations and nanobot bays for immediate refuel and repair tasks, to allow vessels to quickly relaunch and resume their duties. The dark walls were lined with sensors, turrets and cameras, monitoring the general activity within both bays.

Further in, beyond the secure doors and patrols, up a staircase and down the hall, a large cafeteria sat waiting for the hungry to arrive. Various round tables filled the room to the wall, where an open window manned by a drone would serve food. A doorway which lead to the kitchen remained visible and guarded by a turret which dangled from the ceiling, scanning the room slowly. Slightly lighter than the rest of the vessel, the canteen sees frequent traffic, being the closest open room where a pilot could go to rest their feet.

[Image: YEOZTJP.png]

Residential Section & Keepers Chamber

The housing zones for those who live aboard the Wraith. The residential section is filled with apartments, each with individual bathrooms and kitchens. The largest being the Keepers quarters. Each room belonging to an individual ranking above Guardian, those within Auxesia can sometimes be found here resting their head or relaxing in solitude. The life of every member while off duty can be lived in their rooms. Most rooms share a similar dimension - An entrance with a closet, a main room with a couch and bunk. A bathroom with a full shower, and a kitchen.

The Keepers Chamber is what can only be described as a meeting room, housing a large table and a relaxing, dark environment. A window faces out into the void. Access is restricted to the Keeper and Curator. Only those with expressed permission can pass the security doors. Attempts to enter would easily be nullified by the automated defenses and security personnel stationed outside.

[Image: iY3p1hl.png]

Training rooms, Med-bay, C&S Suite, Maintenance & Bridge

One of the more secure zones of the Wraith. The training rooms house gymnasiums, firing ranges and a track for those who enjoy running. Various pieces of exercise equipment, punching bags, and weights to keep in shape and improve ones physical condition. One of the larger rooms, it sees frequent use by everyone.

The standard med-bay is operated by automated doctors and drones. Used to patch up those in the fleet quickly and keep tabs on their health, it'll see traffic every so often after a skirmish or accident. Over a dozen beds lining either side of the wall, with medical equipment, scanners, and the necessary tools for staff to ensure the survival and repair of any injuries.

The Communications and Sensor Suite houses the primary comms relay and sensor array. For long range transmission management and general scanning services. The system is entirely automated by the Artificial Intelligence units ERI and ERIDIAN. Manual access is available with expressed permission from the Keeper. A single console awaits those who enter this relatively small room.

The maintenance section is a selection of shafts for drones or people to access key components of the vessel for repair duties. Relatively small access points are concealed throughout the vessel, they rarely see any traffic beyond repair drones, or a select few seeking to hide away from even the cameras.

The Bridge is rather lacking in the terms of human traffic or otherwise. Often occupied by the Keeper or Curator, the entry door is heavily guarded and rather large. Opening to a walk way which lead to a staircase. On either side, various seats and workstations can be seen lining either side. Atop the staircase sat a desk, which faced outwards towards the windows, as a circular platform guarded by railings occupied the elevated space.

[Image: fpRNAaY.png]

Keepers Quarters, Gunnery Stations & Workshops

As people venture further within the vessel, security begins to increase, giving way to the Keeper's personal quarters. A rather large, singular bedroom apartment, with a training area that had been remodeled into a second bedroom. The main room was occupied by two couches and a chair, surrounding an end table. A doorway lead to the kitchen. Behind the couches and to the left of the entrance hall, another door would lead to the main bedroom. A double bed rested in the center, with a closet to the left, and wardrobe to the right. A door to the bathroom awaited on the left, with a full shower. Back within the main room, an average-sized dining table waited to be used, with a window to the rear of a row of chairs. The Keeper, Curator and another are often found here.

The Gunnery stations house the consoles which operate each turret manually, though they're often kept automated by the AI. In some cases, Auxesians will often find their way past the checkpoints to conduct target practice with the tertiary batteries. The row of consoles lined either side of the walls. One for each individual weapon. Automated turrets lined the ceilings, per the usual security measures.

The workshops house stations for manufacturing small scale objects and projects, or medium sized suits of combat armor, such as the C-1 and other variants. Tables, shelves, and a small seating area would fill the few rooms. One of the more frequented workshops is often used to modify personal firearms, and will occasionally be used as a personal workspace for the Curator. A single desk seems to have been relocated from the City Ship Sovereign, and placed here. A high-back leather chair and holographic display console had joined its transition.

[Image: i895eII.png]

Zeta Section, The Vault & The AI Core

The intertwining corridors of Zeta section are the most secured parts of the Eidolon Wraith. It's near impossible to infiltrate, as it houses a large portion of the illusive Zodiac Exigency Tactical Arbiter (ZETA) Squadron, as well as the entirety of the rare Davara Squadron. The tight security checkpoints, needed clearance from the Keeper or Curator, and photonic resonance barriers guarding every entry point is to ensure the utmost secrecy of their many projects and various cataloged technology. In addition, Zeta Section is gifted with its own Medical bay, which is home to Chief Medical Officer Michael Glass. Those within the fleet are often found seeking him out for counselling sessions or medical advice, and most times he welcomes them into his office. Zeta section is also home to the holographic combat training simulation room, in which the elite and privileged within Auxesia can be found honing their skills on the field, in various simulated environments.

The Vault houses the most secretive and secure bits and pieces of technology or artifacts recovered in the field. No one can enter except the Curator or Keeper. An overwhelming amount of security ensures that even prying eyes are kept at bay. Beyond the vault lies the elevator to the irradiated vessel core, which only the Keeper herself can access at any time. The automated defenses would rip anyone apart who lacked the necessary clearance that attempted to exit the elevator when it opened, making it the single most deadly portion of the vessel.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-04-2016

[Image: i895eII.png]

Shattered mind

Having been practically born and raised in a tube on the ship, Tacitus knows his way over to Doctor Glass' labs and walked there rather quickly, more so just wanting to finish whatever he needed to do as soon as possible. He hurried his way through the halls of Zeta section, passing the various checkpoints with ease. As he rounded a corner, he came to the entrance of the med-bay. He stepped inside and took a brief look around. Being reserved for specific cases, the med-bay was empty. The usual drones idled in their recharge bays at the far wall.
[Image: uHcEDYI.jpg]
Tacitus walked forwards through the rows of beds towards a door on the left. Once at the door, he could see Glass on the other side, he raised his hand and knocked twice firmly. Taking his helmet off. Michael was sat at a desk in a high-back chair, his hand planted under his chin as he read through his console. He shifted his eyes towards the door. "Come in." He said, raising his voice so it would be heard. Tacitus took a step inside, giving Glass a polite smile and a nod, shutting the door behind him again. "I hope I'm not disturbing you, Doctor." His PDA buzzed almost immediately after that. "Sorry...I accidentally set it on the hourly alarm mode..." He manages to turn that off and puts his PDA back into his pocket. His expression seems a little contemplative and torn between two emotions currently. "Take a seat." Glass said, gesturing towards a couch opposite his desk.

Tacitus slowly took a few steps towards the couch and sat down, doing his best to make himself seem comfortable. Michael, carefully observing his every move, leaned forward on his desk and locked his hands together. "So." He said. Tacitus set his helmet down on the empty cushion of the couch beside him, looking back up at Glass. "I've got some questions to ask you, if you don't mind." Said Glass with a slight hint of a smile. "Not at all." Responded Tacitus, managing a smile even though the situation didn't really warrant one from him. He leans back a little, resting himself against the cushion of the couch behind him and trying to relax. Michael nods. "I understand you've entered a personal relationship." He stated plainly. He continued to watch the tank-breed's expression carefully. "In a way...yes." Responded Tacitus, contemplating that exact wording. "Inge was already here earlier. It's not like I don't know." Retorted Glass. "I didn't assume you didn't know." Tacitus shrugs slightly. Michael nodded. "In your own words, describe the level of involvement in this relationship."Asked Michael. He had opened his console to document his responses."We...spend time together every so often and don't really call it a 'relationship'. She looks at this as a different kind of friendship where I care more deeply about her emotions and want to help her on a more personal level." Said Tacitus, That seemed like the only appropriate thing to say in regards to this.

Michael leant back into his chair. "And your personal feelings for her, can you describe them?" He asked. "I care about her rather deeply." Tacitus says slowly and quietly, not giving that answer much thought. "Can you elaborate on the level of care?" Continued Michael. "I like seeing her happy. Keeping her mind off things that might be bothering her and comforting her when her nightmares frighten her." Responded Tacitus. "And you've become physically involved, correct?" Asked Michael, raising a brow towards Tacitus. "Correct." Tacitus replied somewhat awkwardly. His mind wanders off momentarily, but he brings his focus back to the room and on what Glass might ask him. Michael leans forward. "In your own words, evaluate your feelings and emotional strengths for one another." "We both have jobs that can be very stressful, at the end of the day our strength is the fact that we help one another get past those obstacles. We act as an escape for each other, we don't pass judgement or act hostile." Tacitus says contemplatively. Michael nods. "Evaluate her strengths and weaknesses in your own words." He said, typing down notes on his console.He contemplates that for a several moments, unsure of exactly what to say. "She's thoughtful, kind, compassionate and everything you would want the person you get intimately involved with to be. Her only current weakness and thing that's holding her down is her inability to move past certain things, or rather her difficulty with them, they prevent her from being happy in certain situations." Answered Tacitus. "And if you could describe those situations and what difficulties she has?" Asked Michael.

"I don't think she's over this 'Noah' person yet. Whatever happened between them has done some significant damage...enough to cause continual nightmares. Though justified she's sometimes also overly cautious." Replied Tacitus. Michael nodded. "I see. Do you know the extent of her relationship with Noah?" He asked. "Supposedly...Noah was someone she got involved with in addition to her actual boyfriend. However things with Noah don't seem to have ended well. She told me he got her pregnant and she had to abort the child. And that eventually Noah threw her away and left her to deal with the consequences alone." His hands start to clench the armor plating that makes up his knee-guards. Michael notices Tacitus' reaction and shifts his eyes downwards. "I see that upsets you." He said, typing down additional notes. "Yes it does..." mutters Tacitus, trying to compose himself and flush the anger coursing through his mind. His hands ease up immediately as he formulates that answer. "Having developed affection and a sense of caring for her, hearing someone had done her wrong and hurt her angers me, I'm not entirely sure why. But I assume it's a protective instinct." Stated Tacitus. Michael's demeanor changed ever so slightly as he evaluated the man's posture and tone. "Instinct or not, you need to understand and teach yourself that the past cannot be changed, and ideally aid those who seek to redeem themselves, like Noah has been attempting. Allowing anger to dominate your actions leads to more harm for those you care for. Compassion and understanding will prevail." Michael noted calmly. It was clear that, much like before, there were issues conflicting with Tacitus' programming.

"I don't think my views on him can ever change." Stated Tacitus. His posture seemed to have shifted into a more defensive stance, yet his tone remained neutral. "What you think contributes to unwillingness to attempt. Without trying, it cannot be done. As painful as the situation was for Inge, she has been attempting to work around it and trust Noah as a friend again. Going against this puts more stress on the situation." Retorted Glass as he continued to type out his notes. "You're right..." Tacitus mutters as his programming sees the logic in that counter-argument, automatically beating down his reckless distaste for Noah on the matter. "While I have had limited interactions Noah, I can see his efforts to do his best in light of what is often called 'The greater good'. Many of the people in Auxesia have sought to redeem themselves for their past. Denying them a second chance goes against your fellow pilots and compatriots, as we have all been given one." Stated Michael plainly.

A sudden change in attitude happened. Something inside Tacitus, besides his programming manages to bypass the whole situation. Causing him to chuckle in what seems like mockery at that. "Greater good..." He shakes his head, chuckling softly again. The tone in which he spoke seemed vaguely familiar. "Let's be frank..." Tacitus' tone was rather cold and deliberately seemed rude. "He was with a woman, got bored and then switched over. Dropping the person he already persuaded into being with him like last week's trash."He said coldly. "The pursuit of the 'greater good' in this case, is nothing but a coping mechanism so he feels less like the pile of crap he is about it. It's not sincere, it's just convenience." He continued with his new, hostile demeanor. "You're ignoring the fact that Inge was with someone else and pursued this relationship on her own." Retorted Michael, noting the change. He sifted through the medical files of his parents to confirm his findings, reading a note on Disassociative Identity Disorder to himself. "Nobody does anything without mutual incentive, Doctor." Responded Tacitus, shifting around slightly on the spot. "Both parties knew it was wrong, yet continued. There is no innocence in this matter, just overreactions." Said Michael.

Tacitus' facial expression completely changes, it was light and somewhat content before, but has now taken on a more cold and serious look. "Regardless, she trusted him. He decided he wanted to pursue 'a-another p-person'." His last few words were in blatant mockery of the person he ended up with. Tacitus' programming kicks in, struggling to restrain whatever it was that so desperately wanted to break out and manipulate the way he acted and even spoke. It produced a dull ache in the side of his head, he raised his hand as it grew more severe, rubbing his temple as the feeling faded and his tone and features came back to normal. Michael jotted down a final addendum to his notes. "Interesting." He said, examining Tacitus' sudden change. "What do you mean?" Tacitus asks in his usual calm tone. Michael stands up and grabs his cane. "I believe that's all we have time for." "Right..." Tacitus says, grabbing his helmet and leaving in an apparent daze, just wanting to leave as quickly as possible.

Elsewhere aboard the Wraith, Joshua Hunt, Sapphire Raven and Aria were sat in their quarters, enjoying some down-time. The three were stood in the main room around the couches of the Keepers Quarters, talking with eachother in a playful manner. A sudden beep from Hunt's communicator interrupted their conversation. "Oh well. " Raven walks to the living room, turning around, leaning back on the back of the sofa, looking at Hunt. "Your thing bleeped by the way. " She mentioned. Hunt followed her out from the bedroom and approached the datapad on the coffee table. "I heard." He replied. "I think your secret monogamous girlfriend is texting you. " Teased Raven, as a grin grew on her face. "Pffft." Hunt picks up his communicator. A message from Tacitus was visible on the screen, reading 'Met with Glass, something's going wrong, I need to talk to you. - T'. His expression changed slightly to a more serious one as he read the unusual message.

[TEXT>Tacitus]::"Oh. That's not good. It can't wait, can it?"::
[TEXT>Hunt]::"I'm not sure what it is, but it scares me."::
[TEXT>Tacitus]::"Remain calm for now. Change into some casual wear. I'll tell you where to meet."::

Raven looked over at Hunt, turning her head slightly in curiosity, wondering what he's doing that caused a change in him. "What? What is it?" She asked. "Tacitus went to speak to Glass. He needs to speak to me because something is wrong. He doesn't know what, but he's afraid." Replied Hunt. He set his datapad down and looked over at Raven. "Can you get in touch with Michael and see what might've happened? I'll go try to meet up with Tacitus." He said. "I was going to suggest that I could come along with you. Second opinions and all. " Responded Raven. "Good idea. Message Glass along the way, then, and uh... I'm going to bring my armor, just in case." Said Hunt. "I'll uh. Well. I'm already in my robe anyway. " Stated Raven. "Right." Hunt walked back into the bedroom to equip his armor. beginning the usual sequence to open the powered exosuit and stepping into the frame. Meanwhile, Aria looked over at Raven. "Should I come too?" She asked curiously. "Up to Hunt. But I think you should, you're his sister after all. " Replied Raven.

Elsewhere aboard the Wraith, in the confusion Tacitus' mind is currently dealing with, he can't seem to properly navigate back to his room to change. It's like he's running around a maze, unable to truly find his destination. It seems to annoy him and provoke the part of him his programming is desperately restraining. "Greater good..." He whispers to himself and starts chuckling in mockery again. He stands there, completely stiff and idle in his posture. It's eerily imposing. His programming although fighting desperately is only causing further friction, despite his own conscious efforts, he can't choose how he's going to act or even what he might say in this state. It's sickening but also intoxicating, like there's an overwhelming drug washing itself over his mind and coursing through his veins.

Hunt walked out of the bedroom in his S-1 armor, lacking his robe to go with it. "Go get your stuff." He said, looking towards Aria. She nods and walks to her bed area by the door, dawning her helmet and belt. "Do you really think it's necessary? Though, eh, better safe than sorry. " Said Raven, examining the two. "Remember last time." Retorted Hunt. She gets up from leaning on the sofa, walking to the door slowly. "Eh. Can't say I do. Oh. Wait. The bastard bent my bars. " Said Raven in response. "He bent the railing... And your hand." Continued Hunt. "Grr. Okay. Oh. That too. " She chuckles. "I have a few surprises up my sleeve anyway. " Said Raven. "But, to be sure this time... " she hurries over to the closet, grabbing out an energy shield, wearing it around her arm, deactivated for now. It's just a hunk of metal. "Okay. " she hops over to the door. "Let's go. Wait. Did he say where?" Asked Raven. "No. ERI, can you track his position?" Said Hunt, looking up slightly. <:: Tacitus is detected in the mid-corridors, Zeta section. :: > Responded the Artificial Intelligence. "Could be good to catch him doing whatever he's doing. " Mentioned Raven. "Right. Thank you." Hunt gestures to the two women. The trio vacate their quarters.

Tacitus manages to keep himself still, out of fear of what his body and mind might do in this state. His tone and facial expression are no longer what they usually are, and seem out of his own control. Letting go and just letting it be seems to feel better than trying to fight this feeling back. Fighting causes a maddening headache, whereas just giving in seems to calm him. His helmet twitches as he himself has a slight shiver. Several halls away, walking down the corridor with the other two, looking down at her armband, "Hmm... two corridors over... " Said Raven. As the trio traversed the hall-ways, closing on Tacitus' position, Hunt removed a stun pistol from his belt and disabled the safety. Turning through the halls, only one away, Hunt stopped abruptly. "Right. Stay behind me." Hunt rolled his neck slightly, then tapped the side of his helmet. He proceeded ahead of the two women behind him and turned the corner to face Tacitus. "Tacitus." Hunt said sternly

"Hi, Dad." He says in a voice and tone that seemed rather conflicted and disturbing. "Uh. Hi. What's going on?" Replied Hunt cautiously. Hunt slowly drew his stun pistol from his belt, and kept it at his side. Tacitus turns around, every single muscle tensed like he's in a combat situation. His hands clench and then relax themselves, his gaze shuffling between Hunt and the hallway. "You know..." Tacitus says, pondering his own words. "I never pegged Glass for a comedian." A slight chuckle reverberating through his helmet. "He's got a sense of humor, believe it or not. Talk to me. What's going on?" Replied Hunt. "The funny bit is that Noah supposedly works for..." Tacitus starts chuckling again, almost unable to stop before he manages to squeeze the words out. "Greater good." He even makes the air quotes. "We all do. The betterment of humanity." Retorted Hunt, watching his body language. "He just wants to feel better about abandoning people for his new l-l-l-lover." Tacitus stutters on purpose in mockery of this new person. "He wouldn't have left Inge in the field if he didn't care for her." Replied Hunt.

The alternate and usually dormant personality starts to influence Tacitus' programming, rather than the other way around now. "I gave it some thought, tried to think about what it was he did that was so bad it gives her nightmares to this day." He shrugs slightly. "I'm not sure though." He said plainly. Hunt observed the change of tone and posture carefully. Around the corner, Raven tightened her grip on the energy shield, bending her knees slightly in preparation to jump out when called. "Tacitus, standard directive - Disarm and submit." Stated Hunt sternly. Tacitus' head flinches to the left and the right. His programming obeying but no longer able to influence whatever's going on in his head. "Why's that, don't trust me anymore?" He asked mockingly. "I trust you, but I don't trust the situation." Replied Hunt, tightening his grip on his pistol. Tacitus' body tenses up as his anticipation of what Hunt might do remains in a state of calculations. "Where's Mom?" He asks with a hint of strain in his voice. "Please disarm yourself, Tacitus. That's all I need for safety in this situation. That way no one gets hurt. Alright?" Hunt said calmly, unwilling to give ground or change the subject. "Is that for the greater good as well?" Tacitus asks with that same worrying chuckle. "Am I going to have to start praising Noah for the saint he is as well?"

"That's for the general well being of everyone here. Risking an injury is unnecessary." Replied Hunt, keeping his calm tone. "Tacitus. Disarm yourself." He rolls his neck slightly. "Are you going to point a gun at me if I don't? Just like last time, Dad?" A hint of strain in Tacitus' voice again as his programming struggles but is ultimately forced down by his submission to this secondary personality. Around the corner, both Raven and Aria clench their eyes shut in anticipation for Hunt's surprise. "Your choice."
[Image: omzliIU.jpg]
As he spoke, a bright, blinding flash emitted from either side of Hunt's helmet, as well as a sharp, high-pitched ring. A blinding effect emitted and dulled all visual and auditory senses for several seconds. Hunt snapped up his arm and dropped slightly, firing several bursts of stun rounds at Tacitus. Tacitus' vision fades and his chuckle turns into an audible grunt and muffled screams as he's forced to his knees from the shocking of the rounds. He starts panting like a distressed animal, the shocks still passing through his armor. Hunt moved forward and kicked Tacitus' equipment away. He placed a boot on his back and forced him to the ground with his metallic legs. He locked his hands behind his back with photon handcuffs. Despite the occasional zap, Tacitus keeps laughing.

Tacitus' armor groans as he struggles to lift himself back up, forcing himself against the pressure of the boot on his back. "Don't fight it. It's a bionic leg. It won't budge." Stated Hunt, who kept his pistol aimed at Tacitus. Raven and Aria walked out of the corner, coming down the corridor, walking up to Tacitus. Raven kneels down to him, looking at him. "Tacitus... out of all of them, you were the sweetest one. " She said calmly. Tacitus bends a knee under his torso, using his own foot to push back against the weight keeping him down. Kicking the floor and pushing back like he's trying to fight for his life. Raven steps back slightly, retaining some distance. Hunt put additional force on his back, pushing him down again. His armor could be seen bending under the pressure of Hunt's metallic leg. "Don't fight it. I /will/ stun you again." He said sternly. Tacitus groans and lets out a muffled scream again, straining himself and the armor. Hunt fires another burst of stun rounds at Tacitus. "Tacitus. Please. Let's not fight. Let's be reasonable - oh for god sake. " Said Raven, shaking her head at Hunt. Tacitus screams out aloud again, his body twitching violently from the second shot. "Breathe, Tacitus. It's for your own good." Said Hunt, calming his tone. Tacitus' panting and pained sighs are almost completely muffled by his helmet, his body grows slightly limp. No longer able to fight back having been weakened by the many shocks. "Raven, can you call some drones to help me move him?" Asked Hunt. "Already did, but just to make sure..." Raven typed into her wrist-mounted device, sending out a call for some drones.

The drones would arrive to the scene. Hunt stepped back as they approached. They hoisted Tacitus to his feet and restrained him. Raven sighs sorrowfully, looking at Tacitus. "Tass... Why the aggression?" She asked. Tacitus lets out another pained sigh as his back makes a clicking noise from being able to stretch back to normalcy. Raven stands up with him, looking at him in the 'face' of his helmet. The drones kept Tacitus restrained. Hunt walked around and joined Raven at her side. Tacitus' head dangles for a moment, his submission to the secondary personality turning into disagreement. Letting his programming control the blend again. Raven walks up to him, taking off his helmet, grabbing it by both of the sides, releasing it from him. She drops it on the floor. Raven stares at him in the face, taking a step back. Tacitus appeared distraught, like he's run a marathon and fought over an army prior to this little conflict. Without the helmet, his pained sighs and breathing are clearly audible. Raven gives a slow blink to him, looking curious, yet, somewhat upset. "So....sorry..." Tacitus manages to whisper in between the pain.

"Is this truly you speaking, or the programming?" Said Raven. "Me..." The strain in Tacitus' voice is still there, but it's from the pain now. "And how can I be sure? You think I'm a joke. You think Auxesia is a joke, you think your comrades are a joke. " Continued Raven. Tacitus' programming balances out his mental activity, preventing malicious overpowering of either personality from occurring. Raven folds her arms. "No..." Tacitus mutters, his eyes beginning to water. "No? Then why did you say it, hm? Why do you think working for the betterment of everyone else is dumb, hm? Do you think I'm not worthy of retribution?" She asked, seemingly interrogating him. "I don't know....why I was saying those...things." Tacitus' legs quiver, no longer strong enough to support him. "Do you think I should be executed for killing hundreds of thousands of people?" She said. Raven reached into her robe and removed a rather suspicious looking pistol. She places it in his hands, and gestures for one of the drones to aim his arm at her. "If you think it's dumb, if you think doing it for the greater good, to find retribution and to find a chance to redeem one-self is dumb. Pull the trigger. Raven stands in front of it. "You're capable of making your own opinions and choices. " She said plainly. "No..." Tacitus mutters again. "No? Is that why Glass was funny, huh? And here I thought, that... maybe... maybe one day, you'd flourish enough. So far that I may even consider you family. " She said, continuing to push him.

"I didn't want....to say those things....I don't know why I did..." Tacitus mutters out. "You knew why you did. " Retorted Raven, crossing her arms again. "I'm afraid...please..." His eyes close themselves, those tears being held back leaking out. "That isn't who I am..." Said Tacitus. "If it wasn't you, then, too bad. You still did it. It's still you. " Pushed Raven. "Please stop..." Those tears start to stream down more frequently from Tacitus' face. "I'm sorry..." His eyes manage to open themselves again, flushed full of the water behind them and reddening. "Why are you sorry?" She asked. "For letting it...control how I acted..." He muttered out in response. "Letting 'it'? Letting what?" She asked again, tilting her head slightly. "I don't know what it is...my programming fights it and gives me headaches...giving in took the pain away but made me feel cold..." Tacitus' shivering slowly stops and his legs start to support his weight again. "So, you're saying that your programming made you completely betray us, hm?" Said Raven. "No..." He shakes his head, trying to blink away the tears. Raven sighs. "Me, you and Hunt are going to have to speak together."

The drones carried Tacitus towards the Zeta Section Med-bay, placing him in an isolation room. Raven and Hunt observed briefly for a moment, discussing a means to approach this. After several moments of chastising for toying with nature, the two entered the room to speak to Tacitus. They had released his handcuffs and removed his armor. Further into the evening, he was released to his quarters, where he still battles his own mind. Meanwhile, Hunt and Raven had playfully rushed to their quarters for the rest of the evening.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-05-2016

[Image: fpRNAaY.png]

Partners in Programming

Elhertani jogs along the plating of the observation deck with all the comfort of a rolling tank. She never liked observation decks - even though the glass was a mirage and the windows were fiction she detested even the idea of being shielded from the vacuum by a glass gauze. Jogging was a triviality, a residue element of person-hood. Little point in exercising her legs when her muscles could sit a thousand years in vacuum and still be perfectly serviceable after a few meteorite strikes. She was on lap seventy five now, and whilst the remains of her ventricles still throbbed and her
[Image: VTsMsd0.jpg]
blood plasma still burned inside her, she showed no signs of slowing down. "Tacitus, close up, thanks." She said as she ran past. "What?" He asked while she jogged past, lowering himself into a controlled sprint to keep up and hear her answer. The stars whisked passed the Eidolon in a synthetic parabola of speed. They were supposed to change rapidity based on the velocity vector - Elhertani knew it was a crock of crap. Stars don't look like that at subliminal velocities. "You've seen the keeper anywhere? I've had mail sitting in her inbox for the last ten hours. Damn woman hasn't followed my advice to get a secretarial AI." Jested Elhertani. "She just went back to her room." Tacitus' voice was a little uneven due to the fact he was running while answering that. "How do you know my name?" It was the only obvious query he had at this point.

Nesrin grinned, swerving to avoid steamrolling the better half of Saracen wing huddled together amongst the star loungers. "That would be the obvious query wouldn't it. I make a habit of reading everyone's open bios. Yours was tough to check-lock and all I could grab out of it was a callsign. I figured anyone whose identity is critical enough to dapple with black ink was sufficiently close to H' and R' to give me an excuse as to why they don't read their mail." Replied Elhertani. "I'm not sure how I feel about that....but I'll relay the fact you want your messages checked." Tacitus slipped through the pilots of the Saracen wing, quickly pushing himself forward and back into a jog to keep up with her. Nesrin nods affirmation, breathing stertorously through her nose, legs propelling her over the ceramic tiles. "Thank you soldier...." She swerved narrowly, nearly upending a floor plate out of it's fixtures as she ground to the stop, steel toes locking to the panels like breaks to a wheel. It's noticed she's not wearing any shoes. "Wait. That's MWS armour, right?" Queried Elhertani. Noticing her sudden stop, Tacitus jams his feet down, his boots magnetize and bring him to a halt about five inches from her wherein he nearly trips but manages to fumble out of her way onto his feet properly. "Right...magnetized boots and ceramic tiles...bad. Noted for future reference." He mutters before pondering her question.

"Yeah, woah, steady." A tungsten hand locks around your shoulder, suspending you on your feet. "MWS armour - C1 variant, correct? Not often you see someone test cruising that outside of the AGW suite. You mind coming with me for a while?" Asked Elhertani. "It's built on the same frame but employs different materials and a different exterior design pattern." Tacitus glances at the arm she has on his shoulder and then back at her, he can't help but notice she seems 'different' from 'regular' people and continues pondering the situation and her second request.
[Image: 1t2Oy5V.png]
Elhertani grimaces, releasing her grip slightly awkwardly, her hand clasping behind her with a noticeable jar, like a body builder struggling with a can of pickles. "Sorry. I'm used to smaller interior environments than this one. Trip hazards tend to kill people." She paused briefly, taking another look at Tacitus. "I can see that. Yeah. Plasteel nano-lattices. Non-thermic situational hard-fields. I bet if I threw a rock at you it'd hit the ground as sludge." She angles her head, staring at him as a farmer would a prize cow. "It'd only be a quick trip to the armoury. Pick up cannon, shoot cannon, hand back over said cannon, go about your business. Please." She noted. "Alright then, lead the way." Tacitus felt a little...scrutinized, but it didn't feel bad, only slightly awkward. While walking with her he would pull up her files and read what he could in regards to who she was, which only ended up leaving him with more questions than answers.

Despite how friendly she seemed, Tacitus was reluctant to ask her anything out of the concern she might see them as personal questions. "What's your name?" He asked for the sake of formality and introductions rather than just blatantly pulling that from her files. "Take this lift." Elhertani punched in a series of floor numbers that seemed to defy reason as the mag tube slewed through the ship, pushing them against the floor in spiteful defiance of the inertial dampeners. "Didn't I inform you already? Frick's sake, sorry. Nesrin Khan, guardian status but with a few special privileges like the one I'm about to show you. I've got a few pointless middle names but they're dead air." She replied with a formal undertone. "Derek, Sentinel. I work under direct instruction from the Keeper and the Curator." Tacitus offered her a handshake by stretching his arm out slowly before he would consider getting into the lift. Elhertani's demeanor switches faster than she would have if she was whacked with a cattle prod. "Sir." She salutes, fist-to-chest, before returning the shake. "Callsign Erinyes for all that counts. Whoever thought of that one clearly has a sense of ironic humor." She jokingly said. "I'd assumed you were one of the deck five marines, Sir. Apologies for breaking chain of command and ordering you around." Tacitus chuckled to himself under his helmet. "That's fine. Easy to mistake a person hidden inside a combat suit for one of the regulars." He took one slow step into the lift, clasping his hands behind his back. Although not visible behind his tinted visor, he would occasionally glance at her, remaining quite curious about this whole situation.

The android seals the lift doors as soon Tacticus steps inside, nearly clamping the tube around his calves. From the slight depression indented into the hand scanner it's a wonder if it's ever going to work for anyone else, ever again. "With your permission, sir, I'd still request your aid. I need someone other than me to test out an anti-infantry cannon. My psyche profile doesn't permit me to carry live arms on the Wraith." She said plainly. "Which kinda' fubars everything when you're head of weapons RnD. You see the problem, Sir. Plus, the system is kinda' designed to work with the C1, and you're model is as close as I'm going to get. Call it opportunism." She smiles, cheeks askew, with all the hale eyes of a human desperate struggling to give the illusion that they actually like people. "Understood, I'll help you out." Tacitus said in a firm tone, not wanting to bother her too much with chatter but she seemed comfortable with talking to him at least. He would wait for this lift to reach its destination patiently. He briefly turned his helmet towards her and let his visor run a quick scan. Revealing she had more prosthetic material on her body than there was actual flesh, unlike the regular person however he didn't find this unsettling, neither did he decide to comment on it. But it explained a few things and lead him to the assumption that she might have been a sentient machine of sorts, but once re-reading her file he concluded she was a person with sentient artificial intelligence inside her.

Nesrin bridled slightly at the prospect of being scanned, her tampered nervous system spitting cortisol. She breathed, steadily, locking her fingers together behind her back. "I'm radiologically sensitive, Sentinel. Scans tend to... agitate, the... host. The being I'm a carrier for." She grimaced obliquely. "Gammuian paranoia." Mentioned Elhertani, slightly unnerved. "I'd appreciate if you warn me before hitting me with anything more intense than LIDAR, Derek." The lift slewed to a stop that would have fused bone together if not for the field dampening. "We're here. Come this way sir." Gestured Elhertani, disabling the door's magnetic locks. "I'm...extremely sorry, I didn't...realize." He muttered in an uneven tone, slightly agitated with himself for doing that now. "It's my fault, I should have warned you. My file isn't exactly transparent either and I should have assumed you would have run one. Don't let it trouble you." The cyborg stepped into the matte gunmetal hall that lead to the armoury and range, deep within the bowels of the ship. The chrome artistry and blue and white light strips that defined much of Auxesia's interior design did not exist here - just functional, blast resistant polymer walls, and empty surface volume. "Step inside." Tacitus gives her a nod and does as she asks, stepping inside where she wanted him to go albeit slowly, scanning the area since it appeared so different from the rest of the ship. "So this is where...all the shooting happens?" He asks in a quiet tone, still looking around. "Close to it. Just behind here."

At the end of the corridor lies a heavy, mottled security door comprised of four, interlocking tungsten steel plates. The kind of metal you'd clad a rocket engine bell with, covered with Widmanstätten patterns of fortified structural alloy. It'd take a mid-sized artillery piece a week to blast through all that structural mass. Nasrin pressed her hand against the biometric scanner, and you wonder how it operates in the absence of flesh. You assume there's a transceiver of some kind between her palm and the mechanism. The door slides apart without so much as a hiss of a seam.
[Image: ewZsC22.jpg]
Inside, lay a grey chamber, the size of a small warehouse. You wonder how much of the Eidolon's interior volume it spans - certainly enough to make for a respectable range. Bizarrely, the walls give off slight EM emissives, as if a supercomputer rack was concealed behind the blackened plates. "Impressive..." Tacitus whispers to himself as he walks in just behind her, taking it his surroundings and preparing himself for weapons testing. "This is our range. It spans the majority of the armoury and its associated machine shop. We can test everything up to fighter ordinance in here, and when it's not being used as a range, we can reconfigure the entire room's structure to simulate any CQB environment imaginable, in any conditions possible." Nesrin took a moment to pause and look around, pointing out objects of interest. "We can simulate wind, weather, feature convincing holograms to provide the illusion of being planetside, and holo-androids that will knock you on your ass given the chance. The closest you can come to a ground war without being at any risk to your own life or the lives of others." Tacitus doesn't reply to that, but notes down the location mentally so he can come here in the future to work on his weaponry efficiency.

"we're volume limited of course, so no tank battles inside the Eidolon." Elhertani smiles weakly. A machine's approximation of a joke. "Fair enough." Tacitus agrees albeit with a small muffled chuckle. Nesrin's eyes widen enough that the LEDs become visible. She'd not used to people laughing with her. The perception passes as quickly as it came. "Oh Christ, I don't think I ever answered your question properly why I needed specifically you. Wait a mo'." Said Elhertani. "Sure." Tacitus responded, almost enthusiastically, standing firm and resolute, waiting patiently. He observes Nesrin opening a trap door in the floor that would have been invisible to observation otherwise. He realizes that probably the entirety of the walls and ceiling are comprised of equivalent reconfigurable panels - this room was probably designed for zero-gee ops once. Inside, lies a gun rack. "Here. Take this." She offers out a weapon. Tacitus takes a few steps towards her and takes what she's asking him to, looking over it carefully.
[Image: c1MoR3Y.png]
"This is tinier than I expected." If she could see his face she would know he was grinning as he gripped it firmly in his hands. "Yeah. It's not huge. Singularity power pack in the buttstock so it won't run out of power, ever. It's a Quark-gluon plasma gun with no frills, using a magnetic bottle to project the plasma in the required direction instead of causing the atmospheric air to explode. Absolutely no thermal change until the pulse impacts the target. When it does impact, well, we're talking four trillion kelvin. Atomic particles don't survive well under that much thermal energy. This is the no frills, no stock prototype model. Great for drilling a very small, precise hole in body armour and vaporizing the person behind the armour. On the plus side, if you get shot by it, it's self-cauterizing. Design of yours truly." Elhertani performs a joke of a bow.

"What do you want me to shoot?" Tacitus asks, familiarizing himself with the weight and feel of the weapon, taking the information she told him into account to further utilize the weapon to the fullest efficiency it could possibly go. "Nothing yet. Hold on. You see anything going on in your armour HUD? If it hasn't calibrated yet, give it a few more seconds. There's a reason why this hand cannon doesn't have iron sights." Inquired Elhertani. Tacitus suit's systems automatically enabled a small crosshair on the H.U.D allowing him to track where his weapon was pointed. "Yep, I've got the sights virtually simulated." He replied. "That's not the impressive part. Hold on, I'm going to dial in some targets. Better yet, I'll show you how to do it yourself so you can come here whenever. Here." Khan takes a few steps over. "Permission to call you 'Nessa' from now on?" Tacitus asks abruptly, practicing his movements with the gun, suddenly snapping his arms up and aiming at imaginary targets. "There's a spot for it. Usually I don't use the terminal since I'm neurally interfaced.... wait... Nessa?" Nesrin hesitates, and does something remarkably normal. She bites her cheek. The fact she's doing it with ceramic clad tungsten teeth doesn't spoil the image even slightly. "Sure. Feel down to this spot on the floor for me. Where my hand is." Tacitus crouches down, at first his hand brushes on top of hers before falling onto the surface of the flooring just next to it, feeling about like she asked. "There. You've got it. Alright. Don't press, don't try to pull the tiles up. Just think about picking something up, but don't actually do it. It'll help make the neural connection. Try not to jump when you pull an access terminal the size of a small car out of the ground, EDI will think you want the gravity lowered and you'll brain the ceiling. I did the first time." Mentioned Elhertani.

Tacitus takes a breath and thinks about picking up a computer. For some reason that was the only thing he could think of in the moment. "Thinking about it..." He whispered while holding the thought so that she knew he was ready. Under Tacitus' be-suited hand, the grey tiles of the floor peel back against each other, folding back into seeming oblivion as a large data access terminal, unremarkable except for its entrance, pushed itself up against Tacitus' palm, rising up to sit against the ground, comfortably close. "Nice. I had problems on my first try." Nesrin grinned, flicking tabs on the display's touchscreen, before deftly bringing one to the front between two fingers. "I seem to luck out with my first attempts at things..." He mutters implying something he probably wouldn't want to explain. Somehow, without her moving in any way to affirm, it's noted she's listening. Of course she's listening. She probably logs every sound in the room. "Here you go. Simply select the range and tap in anything you want to shoot. Targets, drones, representations of people you have a vengeful streak for if you're so inclined - anything on the neural net, we can do here. That's the simple way of describing what we have here, but given time, you'll be able to create whatever environment you want here. All I need is the telemetry data from the gun. Safety is ambidextrous, standard positioning. Sorry if the grip is a little crap - it won't charge if I pick it up or even detach itself from the gun rack. Fail safes and all." Elhertani winces, cold in self-address.

"Best part is the gun will start self-correcting if what you're looking at through your visor and what your eyes are focused on are consistent and match, which means you can effectively curve the projectiles given sufficient practice and steady eyes. It's not foolproof, weirds some people out and can be turned off. But it works." Said Nesrin. Tacitus does as instructed and eventually a simulated version of those men from Cambridge appear down-range. Not moving yet because they haven't fully buffered in, but when they do, their holographic bodies charge down range. Nesrin steps back. The intangible feel of static between Tacitus' helmet and hair and the amber lights on your suit indicating the forcefield that had snapped on between you and her. "People. Interesting choice, Derek." She sounds demurring in a sense. "Friends of yours?" She asked. "They wish." His hand snaps up, firing four consecutive shots, all aimed at the genitals of the targets, who buckle over in intense but simulated pain and then vanish in a flash of corrupted code. She grins mirthlessly. "What is it with guys and shooting nuts?" She lets out a brief chuckle. "These ones in particular deserve it. Were you informed of what happened on Camrbidge?" Asked Tacitus. Nesrin shook her head. "Lots of things happen on Cambridge. That means no." She replied. "You seem trusted enough, so I'll share." He keeps the weapon at his side while walking back over to her. "It leaves a bad taste in my mouth to discuss the whole event, but in summary, both Aria and the Keeper were sexually abused by men on Cambridge." Tacitus explained, his tone somewhat going grim.

Nesrin's eyes greyed over, The cyborg's hands clawing the air beside her, mouth without a line. "What did you just say?" She said sternly. "Our squadron was assigned to extracting the Keeper and Keating during the aftermath, all of them are dead thanks to Keating, the two that tried to pursue us I killed personally. While Artemis mopped up those in a land vehicle." Explained Tacitus. Nesrin stared into the blackness of the far expanse. She could have been looking out to the end of the universe. "No survivors?" She inquired coldly. Tacitus gives her a reassuring pat on her metallic shoulder to both calm her down as well as bring her back to reality. "None that I know of." Nesrin turns at him like a trodden snake. You can see an edge of teeth. "What idiot was running their security detail?" She croaked, hollow eyed. It might have gone entirely unnoticed during their time together, but there was a blade sheathed on Tacitus' shoulder. "I'm not sure on those details, my assignment was simple. Land at the drop-site, extract them and I did just that." He explained. "Who tipped you off?" Asked Nesrin. "The Curator deployed us." Replied Tacitus. He shuffled momentarily on the spot, clearly uncomfortable on the subject of what occurred. "Why were they alone?" Queried Nesrin. "I don't know..." He says softly but also in contemplation, wondering whether telling her this is even wise, it's visibly upsetting her. Tacitus wiggles the gun in her field of view to get her attention back on the subject at hand. "The weapon is perfect, aside from the grip."

Nesrin shakes herself. A physical, furious jolt as a few hundred thousand servos lock and unlock as one. "Yeah, I keep forgetting most people have shorter fingers. It's modular so replace it with whatever you want. Slide it, and it'll come off, but not if you're holding the grip or have it holstered so it won't come apart on you. It's imprinted to your suit so it's technically yours now unless you or somebody with the relevant access keys resets it - so keep it, Derek. It's yours. I've already gathered all the ballistic data I needed." She said plainly. "Don't even know what I look like and you're giving me gifts. I'll add charming as one of your traits to my observational analysis of you." He utters a small laugh and presses the weapon into a free holster of his. She squeezes her eyelids together, as if trying to crush out the pressure in her mind. "Raped. Allah be kind to them. Somebody must have sent them." Stated Nesrin. "They were just the regular vagrants. But I'll look into it a little more if I can." Assured Tacitus, trying to avoid escalating the situation. Nesrin narrows here eyes. "You really believe that? Really? Who ever heard of a gangbang in Cambridge?" Said Nesrin with a mocking undertone. "I know how you feel and I feel the same right now, but to be like this in the open only makes it tougher for them to move past the trauma. I /will/ look into the matter, you have my word." Responded Tacitus. Nesrin cut him off with a wave of a steel hand. "Hold on. It's easy to give somebody words. People do it all the time. If you really are going to investigate this, I'm joining you." She stated sternly.

Tacitus tilts his head at her slightly, pondering her reasoning behind her words. "They saved my life, Derek. More than that, they saved me from myself. I have a future because of them. And possibly, so does the rest of the bloody sector." Preached Elhertani. "Understood..." Tacitus raised his hand so that she didn't need to justify her reasons any further. "Warning. If you deny me this, I'll work on it independently... right. You're with me. Good." Replied Nesrin, calming down slightly. "I will allow for your cooperation with me on this, we share anything we find but under no circumstances bring this up to the Keeper or Aria. Discuss the results with the Curator. I don't want to traumatize anyone further. Since this isn't a squad assignment but one taken out of personal motivation, the rest of the squadron won't be assisting without clear reason, just you and me for now." Explained Tacitus. Nesrin nods. "Deal. I'm ex-BAF, Derek. I know how to respect chain of command. I'll almost certainly have a better command of Bretonian space than you - I even still have some friends in the Armed Forces. More critically, My God, I'm a head case. Give me a reason to protect my Keeper and to get out of this steel tube? It's fricking Christmas." Nesrin said, clenching her fist behind her back. "Your enthusiasm and skill is noted and respected." Responded Tacitus. "When do we start?" Asked Nesrin. "I'll contact you twenty-four hours from now once I've made proper arrangements and dealt with a few things. We start then, no deviating and investigating alone." Explained Tacitus, adopting a somewhat commanding tone. Nesrin snorts. "I know you don't trust me yet, Derek, but we almost got there. I'm the least likely person to gossip on the entire ship. And professionally; yes Sir." Replied Elhertani.

"Do you have evidence that I have distrust for you? If I did this entire conversation would never have happened." Elaborated Tacitus. "Good case. Apologies Sir, the last entity that confided in me transformed me into a walking server bank. You might understand my problem." Responded Nesrin. "I trust you and according to the popular phrasing people use I also 'have your back' in matters that require it." Said Tacitus. "Negative. I have yours. Rank considered." Retorted Nesrin. "I'd much prefer the consideration of a friend in this case. Rank when officially needed." Finished Tacitus. They would talk some more but only briefly before returning to their own personal business aboard the ship. Tacitus would leave early in the morning, his destination not really clear at the time of departure or announced, but his return was inevitable.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-08-2016

[Image: sB9ez7I.png]

The Morning After

Last night, as he heard the faint whisper call out to him from the hangar, Hunt left the quarters in a hurry. He worked his way through the halls and down the various staircases, passing the security along the way. He arrived at the hangar and approached the Prosecutor which had recently arrived. He let out a sigh, and climbed on board, unsure of what he would find. He worked his way to the pilot's seat, finding Raven curled up and sound asleep. He smiled slightly, and picked her up, placing a hand on her back to support her up. Hunt navigated his way out of the small fighter with her in his arms, carefully lowering himself down to the floor of the hangar. He began the trip back to their quarters, up the stairs, past security, and through the dimly lit halls of the Wraith. Arriving finally, he pushed open the door and carried Raven through the entrance hall to the main room. He turned and proceeded straight to the bedroom. He set her down on the bed and tucked her in. Hunt leaned over and kissed her cheek. "You too." He said softly, in response to her words when she arrived. He walked around to the opposite side and crawled into bed, snuggling up with her, placing an arm around her waist.

Nesrin grimaced. She'd received a text ping, but never read the message. One of the inherent difficulties of using quantum data communication in the intranet was the tendency for said data to go randomly missing. Viva relativistic computers. :: [Text Khan -> Hunt: You sent me a message ping, Sir?] :: Having spent the last seven hours resting, Hunt awoke to his communicator beeping from the end table to his side. His eyes opened and he gave off a stretch, exhaling as he did. He rubbed his face and sat up, reaching over lazily for the device. :: [Text Hunt -> Khan: Yeah, I was responding to your message from a few days ago. You mentioned you needed me or the Keeper, I believe.] :: Hunt finished typing his response and hit send. Meanwhile, within his quarters, Tacitus began to type furiously away at his datapad. [Text Tacitus - >Nesrin]::"Got any old friends or willing parties we can exploit for leads in our investigation?":: He pressed send and paced around his room, eager to hear from his new found friend. Another ping, and another - catching Nesrin right in the middle of one of the toughest ordinance manufacturing predicaments ever seen outside the houses. Ruefully, she flashed down the template for the micro-supercollider press into a secondary tab on her PDA. Who needs an armory officer anyway? Screw 'em. Derek or Hunt. Rank or responsibility?

:: [Text Khan -> Hunt: Yes Sir - concerns a project I've had for upgrading our infantry combat capabilities. Due to the lack of general communication from HC I've taken the liberty of proceeding with the initial phases myself using the in-armory nano press to run a few concept models, although it's getting to the point I'll need administrative oversight, especially since Glass won't let me test my own ordinance myself. Not since the incident. ] :: Nesrin made her choice on who to respond to, typing into her PDA rapidly. :: [Text Hunt -> Khan: Right. We'll schedule something tomorrow. I'll be sure to bring Raven along for it.] :: Hunt sighed and flopped back down to his pillow, sprawling out ever so slightly on the bed, doing his best to avoid waking up Raven. Meanwhile, Tacitus quietly slipped into his third suit which had recently finished being calibrated, it was sleek and black. Meant purely for reconnaissance. Not as heavily armored but dangerously efficient if combat didn't happen to be the sole focus. Elsewhere, Noah Xonnel followed his usual type of procedure over the day, spending most of his time training in one of the rooms for it. At this time, he was improving on his martial arts skill and concentration, using either the punching bag or nothing around him to practice. "Another twenty-four hours. Blasé." Khan ground her teeth. At least he entrusted her to do her job.

:: [Text Khan -> Hunt: I'm in the armory now working on the Mk 2 model. Essentially the concept was a modular infantry combat system to augment the modular warfare system. Integrated HUD-to-barrel targeting feedback, neural-metric operation designed to prevent the gun from firing in the hands of a non-registered operator, the fundamental essentials. We need to start in-housing some of munitions manufacturing. Initially I was going to go for a second generation tachyon blaster or a railgun concept, but eventually decided on a gluon plasma model using compact singularity cores. Absolutely lethal in combat and highly environment resistant, but a pain to produce - I won't bore you with the physics, but it'll put our infantry weapons at least twelve years ahead of anything the Order or the Core are fielding. I've already got Tacitus field testing one of the three initial prototypes. ] :: Khan typed out, sending another message to Hunt. Her eagerness to see her work put to the test was rather prudent in her attitude. Tacitus checked the gun Nesrin recently 'gifted' to him. He had it submitted to one of the weaponry workshops for a full case refit, making using the rifle much more comfortable and ergonomic for his own preferences. He even had them etch in her name on the side, since she was the one that gave it to him. With one firm arm movement, he raised it over his head and clamped it down on his back, the unit and his suit sealing together magnetically until he wanted it released for use later on.

:: [Text Khan -> Hunt: Slight problem is that the manufacturing is a pain, and our current nano-press is antiquated. That means another job for logistics if I get the go-ahead. Expect a comprehensive report with test simulation data in the next ten hours. Enjoy your sleep cycle, Sir.] :: Nesrin sent another message, realizing the time difference. Hunt groaned as his communicator beeped once more. He brought it up to his face to read the most recent message. He let out a sigh, reading through the massive wall he had received from Nesrin. Despite being rather impressed, his fatigue was getting the best of him. He typed in a response, hoping to end the conversation. :: [Text Hunt -> Nesrin: Give me an hour or two.] :: He set his communicator back on the end table and rolled over to Raven once more, wrapping an arm around her. He sighed contently and attempted to nap for a while longer. Nesrin rolled her bio-mechanical eyes. "Human problems, geesh." She said to herself. Nesrin was halfway through yelling at a hapless logistics officer for not ordering enough nanobots when the communicator cracked on her again. God damn it - this is why civilized cyborgs use internal comms. "Oh crap. Derek, right, right." She muttered to herself, bringing her PDA up to read the messages. [TEXT Tacitus -> Nesrin] ::"I'll get started myself and let you know what I find then.":: Tacitus had finished sending the most recent message. He left his room and walked his way down to one of the hangar decks, getting his Manta prepped for launch and setting his destination for Cambridge.

:: [Text Khan -> Tacitus] "Sorry for the belated response Sir, I keep forgetting about diurnalism". :: Khan typed, continuing her stride through the corridors. [TEXT Tacitus -> Nesrin]::"Focus on what you're working on, I'll handle it.":: Responded Tacitus, seemingly wanting to work alone. Nesrin slammed herself into the wall of the lift in a human reenactment of the wreck of the old Ninety-Seven. :: [Text Nesrin -> Tacitus]:: "It's manufacturing admin, Sir. It's not my specialty and it will keep.":: Nesrin lied in her message. ::"This is.":: Tacitus climbed a ladder up to the cockpit of his Manta and tossed himself into the pilot seat. The glass slowly slid back into place and pressurized the interior cabin, protecting him from the void of space and the ship automatically initiated a start-up sequence, checking all the bits of equipment before even attempting to fire up the engines. "God will not save you, deck officer Halsey, if there isn't at least one fighter on the deck with full fuel cells", Nesrin's mind flared as she sprung out of the lift, sprinting on all fours. The twin engines of his Manta slowly flickered to life and then immediately broke down, requiring a full restart of the engine unit. "Move!" The cyborg screamed, nearly beheading the head of Hussar squadron as she punched override codes into the hangar's pressure doors.

:: [Text Nesrin -> Tacitus] :: "Sir, kill your engines now or you're going to depressurize half of deck fifteen. I'm not playing around." :: Nesrin furiously typed as fast as her mechanical hands would allow. Tacitus immediately hit the emergency landing button, cutting his engine restart and setting the craft into a lower power state. [TEXT Tacitus -> Nesrin]::"You either have impeccably bad timing or a complete disregard for allied personnel safety.":: Responded Tacitus to the rather rapid message. Tacitus is acutely conscious of the small, gunmetal silver figure pulling maintenance feed lines out of Saracen One. [TEXT Nesrin -> Tacitus] :: "Or a complete faith in the acuity of your reflexes. Besides, I've had an entire week of people expecting me to operate according to their timelines. No more. You're going to wait on me." :: Responded Nesrin. :: "Stop trying to get rid of me in the guise of being polite. I know where you are, there's a tracker in the gun.":: Tacitus paused, letting out a long sigh as he debated his actions. He picked up his communicator and typed a response. [TEXT>Nesrin]::"Fair enough, Nessa. Get in your fighter and let's move.":: Nesrin grinned and popped the cockpit hatch, flicking the Guardian's fusion core from passive to active mode. "Mmh. Delicious hydrogen fuel." She jested to herself.

Deciding text messages at this point weren't particularly efficient, Tacitus tuned his comm's into the frequency of the ship she was hopping into and used it to directly relayed whatever he muttered into the communications module. "You read me? I'm on FTL com link seven seven bravo lima. If I depressurize and die out there because I didn't have time to grab a flight suit, it's in the cockpit voice recorder now." Stated Nesrin. "I read you, you'll be fine just...try not to die before we actually finish this investigation. I need your help on this." Replied Tacitus through the two-way communications link. "Roger - thanks for the admission. You've got a destination in mind, T'?" Asked Nesrin, flipping on various controls in the BDR-804. "Cambridge, the location of the incident. I managed to snatch the exact spot from the a media outlet that kept running the story. Until the situation prompts otherwise, we leave no liabilities alive. If the individuals we exploit for information uphold a connection to the respective offenders, bury them." Replied Tacitus with a slightly cold undertone. "Didn't think Hunt would be particularly confessional, understandable enough. And roger - you don't need to worry about any underlying moral compass here. Somebody tried to make a hit on my Keeper. That's cause to pull." Said Nesrin. "Copy that, firing up engines and launching now."

The bays in front of his Manta opened briefly, as an intense blue light roared out from the rear of his ship, hurling the entire vessel out of the tiny exit, which closed as soon as he had departed. "Wilco, switching OMS to 0.02 percent thrust, gravity dampening to full. Following you out the bay." Said Nesrin. The micro-thruster pods in the wings of Elhertani's guardian thrashed heat distortions in the rarefied atmospheric gas around her, releasing halos of spooling nitrogen that crackled white against the force fields. "Main engine start." The two primary engines in the titanium bird's silver tail flashed white for a glimmer of a second as Elhertani and her vessel screamed out of the bay into the still quiet of interplanetary space.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-09-2016

It costs an arm and a leg...

After resting a while longer, Hunt awoke again and yawned. He turned his head and looked at Raven, a small smile growing on his face. He kept his arm around her, taking a brief look around the room. Slowly waking up, Raven groaned out in question. "Urhh?" She pushed herself up from the bed, and looks around at the scenario, "Oh. " She said softly. "Hey..." Hunt smiled at her, sitting up slightly. Raven turns to look at him. "Uh, hi. " She replied. "Sleep well?" Asked Hunt. "Uhhhh... Moderately. Still get those Omicron dreams. " Raven begins to get out of bed. "Don't worry about it though. I have things to do. " She said, standing up and stretching. "Right. Need me for uh, anything today?" Hunt crawled out of bed and stretched. "Who'd you go to talk to last night?" Asked Hunt. He approached his wardrobe, which had a rack of equipment beside it, as well as his S-1 Combat Armor stood with the frame open and waiting. "I'm surprised myself but, William Foulke requested to see me last night, and he decided to return." Replied Raven, as she began to secure her robe. "Oh. Wasn't he on Nauru?" Asked Hunt, recalling the time he nearly coordinated a rescue attempt, many months ago. "Was, then more or less flipped me off and ran further into the Omicrons." Answered Raven. "Why the change in attitude, then?" Hunt asked as he sifted through his equipment by his wardrobe. "Guilt caused his anger." Stated Raven. "I requested him to see Glass as soon as possible though. He lost a leg and an arm loitering on uncharted planets." She continued. Raven picked up her communicator and looked over at Hunt. Hunt typed in the sequence for his armor, and stepped into the frame. The suit began to close, sealing around his body. He left his helmet open, and returned to sifting through his equipment.

"I see. That'd explain the beep from your communicator earlier." Hunt strapped on his cloak, leaving the hood down. He turned and walked over to Raven. "My beep?" Asked Raven, tilting her head slightly. "Your communicator beeped." Answered Hunt. "Oh right, I sent out two messages." Said Raven. "I don't remember a second beep. I fell asleep after Nesrin stopped messaging me." He shrugged, and leaned over. He gave her a brief kiss. "Duty calls. So where am I needed today?" Inquired Hunt, rolling his shoulders in his armor slightly. "Well. I'll see if Foulke is up firstly. " She writes in her datapad to Foulke's address.[TEXT Raven -> Foulke: Hey. I'm ready to show you the way to the appointment whenever you're ready. The Wraith is moored to the gate already, so, I'll be loitering around the entrance. ] "Well, Hunt, I'll be hanging around the mooring bridge." Said Raven. She gave hi a brief hug, and leaves the room, headed for the entrance of the vessel's mooring collar. She leans against the wall, waiting, noticing the occasional workers waddling by, doing their job. She sighed. Pike had arrived, joining her as she waited to assist where necessary. He leaned against the wall opposite of her, staring down the mooring bridge and waiting ever so patiently for Foulke to arrive.

In the lonely room aboard the city ship which had been given to William Foulke for his stay, the silence of the air was broken by a flurry of blankets being thrown across the room. Foulke propped himself up with his arm and looked around, eyes wide open with panic and distress. That state of emergency soon faded as he remember where he was, and his eyes relaxed. Looking down, he could see the countless scars all over him, now accompanied by two new stubs where his left leg and right arm used to be. With a heavy sigh, he dragged himself over to a cane by his bedside and began the process of preparing himself for the day. After about an hour of getting ready, he departed his quarters to seek out the Eidolon, arriving at the arrival gate Raven had designated. With each step, he had trouble maintaining his balance. Before even rounding the corner, he slipped on his cane and collapsed to the ground. Foulke doubted if he could ever get used to life like this. Hearing the impact, Raven runs around the corner, crouching down, helping him up by supporting him, eventually securing support by his shoulder, "Are you okay?" she asks with concern. Stumbling about for some time, Foulke latches on to Raven for support, clumsily getting back up onto his cane. He sighs and shrugs, giving her a bit of a pained look. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, it's just... Feels like they're still there sometimes. Makes it hard to move and get up properly." Replied Foulke. Pike approached the pair on the walk-way, in a suit of black armor with a blue visor. He extended an arm out, lowering his rifle to allow it to hang on the strap. "I'll take over, Keeper." Said Pike. "No-noonono, it's fine, Pike." Raven carries on, supporting him.

Meanwhile, Miranda sits in the medical room of the Eidolon, refusing to leave Foulkes side, she had transferred into the Wraith. She made a promise to Foulke, to never let him go again. She rubbed her shoulder anxiously in the medical bay, scrutinously observing every detail of the room, training her ears for sounds down the hallway while waiting for the expected Foulke and medical chief. Maybe she herself needed some checking up. Raven assists Foulke in his pilgrimage to the medical bay, occasionally passing a few crew members,
she orders one of them to open up the way for him, supporting him through. She guides him to a nearby bed, helping him sit. "I cannot fathom how it feels. " she takes a step back, typing a message to Glass, inviting him over. Pike had followed them through the halls, standing by if needed. Eventually reaching the med-bay, he set himself up by the door, leaning on the wall. Meanwhile, Glass received the message and grabbed his cane. He left his office and hurried his way to the med-bay. Passing through the doors, he looked around. "Good evening." He said calmly. "Right, right... I don't know how much use I'll be in this state. Try not to waste too many of the expensive parts on me," Foulke joked, grunting as he made his way to the med-bay. Foulke smiled at Miranda, though in his smile was a nervous twitch. He found it difficult to even look at her, knowing what she had been through because of him. "Well, let's get this checked out." He said.

"Well, it's the compatibility check to see if your body even rejects the implants. And a general check-up. " Said Raven, staring over at Michael. Michael gestured to a nearby bed and leaned his weight on his cane, alleviating any discomfort. Miranda sits away from the scene in front of her, sitting on a bench at the end of the room. She winces leaning forwards out of instinct, a totally involuntary action. She cringes and stops herself, looking at Raven and Michael nervously. "Sh-Should I just sit?" She asked, uncertain if she was welcome or not. Michael nods. "For now. Once his scan is under-way, I can take a look at you if you require." He said, looking over his shoulder. Raven steps over to the wall, leaning against it. She watches over the procedure, then looks at Miranda, "Are you okay?" She asked with sincerity. Miranda sits back slightly, looking between both the people over Foulke "I'm... I'm fine... just worried right now... I suppose after these last weeks I may need some evaluation..." She said in response. As Foulke lay across the bed, the machinery folded down over-top and began to scan his body for any damage, alterations, inconsistencies, and incompatibilities. Michael powered on the monitor of the scanner as it collected its results, and turned to approach Miranda. Miranda steps back slightly but tightens up, standing in front of Glass rubbing an arm anxiously. Foulke closed his eyes and breathed in slowly as the scanner did its work. Uncomfortable under the lights, he winced as the machine whirred and toiled to assess his condition. He bit his lip ever so slightly.

[Image: 53UT60z.jpg]
Glass took a look at Miranda. "You needn't fear." He said with a slight smile. "Simply choose a bed, and I'll prepare a scanner." He gestured around the room at the various empty beds. Miranda nods, taking a glance around the room "Sorry Glass, people know I'm usually more composed than this... just... all that's happened in the past day has shaken me up, its the whole reason im still here." She sighs, shaking her head and walking towards one of the beds, taking a seat on the side before leaning down taking a deep breath. Glass turned and followed her over. "Composure and uncertainty often conflict. Recent events can cause such." Glass briefly typed into the bed's console. Like the other bed, the scanner folded down and began to work, scanning Miranda's body. "It'll take a few minutes, so try to relax." Said Michael. "I'm going to investigate your friend." He turned and approached the other bed. The scanner came to a halt by the head of the bed, and the screen flashed. An informative 'beep' was emitted from the machinery, signaling its completion. Glass approached the console and began to read. "Let's take a look, shall we?" He said with an undertone of enthusiasm. The machine began to list off various items it detected. Glass, using his finger, scrolled through the list. "Beyond the obvious physical limb loss, you're severely scarred. There is some minor nerve-end damage, yet nothing that isn't livable. Preliminary blood scans suggest no infection or alterations, and nothing that would indicate complications of a bionic replacement of both limbs. A sample would be required to further investigate that." Glass noted to Foulke, and Raven. "In addition, you're somewhat low on iron, and should probably get some rest." He finished, uploading the scans to his personal console. "Now then." Glass walked to the edge of the bed. "I assume you're looking for standard replacements? No augments?" He asked.

Raven inspects Foulke's reaction, then looks at Glass, "Well, it's good to know there was nothing else. " Being unsure if her comment was out of place, she checks people for reactions briefly. Foulke shuddered at the mention of scarring. He looked up at Glass, taking in the information delicately and processing it for a moment. Distracted by thoughts of Miranda, he spaced out for a brief moment, before nodding his head in agreement with the good doctor's words. "Right, yeah. Anything to get better, I guess. And will she be alright?" he asked, pointing to Nagase. Michael nodded at his question. "She's simply undergoing a general examination. Nothing to be concerned about." He replied. "As for your bionics, do you want anything special?" He asked. Raven took her datapad out of her robe and began to take notes. Foulke scratched his stub slightly, thinking about the question. "Well, I have to ask, what kind of options would I be looking it in regards to that?" Michael crossed his arms. "Well, the obvious option is concealment. A silicon-based simulated skin layer. That's already planned. What can be done for your leg isn't as exponential as what can be done with your arm, but the most common addition is a built-in shock absorption system for high falls, if you don't mind landing on one leg." Glass chuckled lightly. "As for your arm, a concealed weapon of some sort, be it blade or firearm - the latter of which wouldn't be as efficient as a standard sidearm, but works if you're disarmed. In addition, a powered-servos for increased impact. Essentially increasing the force arm can deal, beyond its already mechanical capabilities." Finished Michael.

"Well, I gotta hand it to you, doctor. Those seem to be good for me. Quite liking the sound of something to bolster my capabilities in close range. I can investigate that avenue for improvement. I appreciate the false skin, as well. Might make the transition easier..." Jested Foulke. Raven blinks at him. "Wow. And I thought I was brutal with Stone's joke. " She said in response. Michael nodded. "Your arm and leg would be virtually indistinguishable from your natural skin, beyond temperature. I take it you'd prefer a blade of sorts?" He asked. "Blade works, yeah. Maybe something that can dispatch people easily, like a taser of some sort." Responded Foulke, pondering on the topic. Glass stroked his chin briefly. "I have something in mind. Give me a moment to reach one of the workshops." Glass nodded to the Keeper. "I trust you can handle any questions while I'm gone?" Asked Michael. "Uh... y-yeah. " Raven finishes noting down on the datapad, putting it in her pocket. "I'm taking a page from the Curator's leg designs for mister Foulke. The arm is something I already have in stock, but it requires some finishing touches." Said Michael. Raven simply nods in response. "Of course," Michael turned to Foulke. "You realize with this modification, you won't be able to have a simulated skin layer on your forearm or hand." He noted. Foulke nods at Glass. "I can always wear a glove or long sleeves. It's all good." He replied. He nods at Glass. "I can always wear a glove or long sleeves. It's all good."

"Before I forget." Glass walks over to Miranda's bed console and examines the results. Joking, "Forgetting on the job? Tsssssssssssk. Bad Glass." Raven smirks. Glass chuckles. "Amusing." Miranda blows a piece of hair out of her eye, surprised at the length from how short and choppy she keeps her hair, thinking to herself. Glass examined the screen. "Well, miss Nagase. You've got some slight increase in your blood pressure, due to stress. That should subside with time. Otherwise, you're healthy." Glass smiled. Miranda rolled her eyes, getting up and dusting her shoulder off "Good to hear, its felt worse than that at times... I'm honestly surprised I don't have some form of depression." She stands up, a hand on her hip looking over at Glass and Raven. "I cannot dictate mental health without a session in my office." Retorted Glass. "If you require an evaluation, contact me and I will schedule you in for a visit." Glass turned to leave, yet stopped in his tracks. "Before I forget - Keeper. You've yet to schedule the two notes I mentioned in my message." He mentioned. Ravn blinks in response. "Uh?" Michael chuckled lightly. "Another session in my office, as well as a general scan for your health. It's been a while since... Well, your last check-up." Glass noted. "In the meantime, I'll return in ten minutes." Glass turned to leave. "Oh. " Raven readjusts her robe. "Uh. After this then." She replied. Michael walked out of the med-bay and headed down the hall.

Miranda stands looking between the two, dismissing Glass with a thought in her head, slightly curious of what was going on, but nonetheless shoving it aside and walking towards Foulke, smiling when making eye contact. Raven loiters in the room, awaiting for him to return with the designs. She looks towards the Foulke and Miranda, inspecting them briefly. Foulke lies back, supporting himself with one arm. "What happened, Raven? We were nothing but a ragtag group of pilots asking for handouts from the Hellfire Legion. And now all this..." He asked. Raven sighed. "As I said, time went on, we merged with what little we have with the Initiative, and started to build up over time." She paused. "Things change, Foulke." She folds her arms, leaning back against the wall. Miranda rolls her eyes Ironically, still standing near Foulke "You don't say..." She said sarcastically. "No, I did just say it." The sarcasm flies over Raven's head. "Wow." Miranda blinks. "Even the Keepers lost her sense of humor." She said. "Oh... Uh. I guess it's just that time of the day. " Raven shrugs, retaining their posture against the wall. Miranda nods, looking down. "2218 hours back on Los Angeles right now..." She said quietly. "You've changed, you know that?" Foulke says, tilting his head. "Both of you. Or maybe I don't remember right." "Time moves on, people change, for the better... or for the worse. " Raven reflects his words upon herself, wondering about her choices.

[Image: Gq8JM68.jpg]
After a ten minute interlude, Michael returned with two drones carrying a long crate. He passed through the doors into the med-bay and pointed towards Foulke's bedside. The drones moved forward and set the crate down. One of the drones gave an affirmative 'beep' and left, the other had entered stand-by. Michael strolled over to the bed. "Now then. Your arm isn't exactly complete, as you mentioned a 'taser of sorts'. My initial thought was to electrify the existing bladed arm, which runs on a folding system. A six-inch blade folds out from under your forearm, which can be used while punching, though - and I'm certain the Keeper would agree - developing a technique would be the prudent course of action." He finished. Michael gestured to the drone. The drone crouched down and opened the crate, revealing a gray, metallic leg, and metallic-while arm. "We can have them installed overnight, but the skin-layer would require application tomorrow after some general testing." Michael noted, and raised a finger. "Don't expect to be at a hundred percent immediately." He said. Michael gestured to the drone, which picked up the mechanical arm. It held it out length-wise, and tapped a button on the top of the forearm. As it did, a compartment popped out of the bottom, and a six inch, one-sided blade extended outwards towards the hand. "As I had described, there is your example." Michael noted. Foulke eyed the limbs with keen interest. He hadn't known much about prosthetic technology beyond what Stone had before him. These new advances seemed to exist solely in the realm of fiction. "So assuming I go under today for this operation, how long would it take me to be able to at least perform necessary daily functions? Not combat activities, but stuff like walking and opening doors and pouring liquid." He asked. Michael pondered for a moment. "Six hours after some time walking and working with your arm, to allow your nervous system and muscles to adapt." Responded Michael. Raven gets out her datapad again, silently mumbling, "Replacements for the auxiliary supply - robotics to... " muttering as she writes it in. Miranda simply looks at both the prosthetics, standing roughly a foot behind Glass, she peeks over his shoulder to eye the case and drone "Its a pretty err... neat setup..." She looks towards Glass and the case with a curious eye "Do you... do stuff like that without the prosthesis part?" She asked inquisitively. Michael turned to Miranda. "Which 'stuff' are you asking about?" He replied.

"Just... a weapon... I haven't got anything special to keep on me, maybe you've got something with a little more punch than a blaster?" Asked Miranda. Michael shook his head. "You'll want to speak to either the Curator or Nesrin when she returns." He said in response. Miranda twists her head, eventually sighing and waving it off. "Eh, I'll talk to them about it then." She said. Foulke looked over at Glass. "Will the strength and enhanced reflexes and all the other super soldier stuff be hard to adapt to? I mean, I doubt my arm was ever that powerful," he muses, rubbing the stub on his right shoulder, then falling back lightly onto the table, forgetting his lack of support. "If you're referring to Stone, that was Canaan technology." Raven mutters as she looks down on the datapad. "Just noting. " She said. "Not as difficult as you might think." said Michael." You just need to be aware of your own capabilities. Hence the testing." He turned to Raven. "Do you know if the Curator is on board?" He asked. "Uh." Raven continued to stare at her datapad. After a brief pause, Raven replied. "Yes. He's on-board." she kept her eyes fixed to the datapad. It's noticeable she didn't even write into the datapad whilst glancing in to it, "I already called him over. " She said. Michael nodded to Miranda. "He can sort out your weaponry needs." Said Glass. Miranda nods, putting a smile on her face "Good, glad to get the trash Navy pistol I've been using for two years onto the wall, hey, this is Auxesia after all." She smiles slightly, looking at Glass and Raven. Foulke looked up at the ceiling. "Alright, well I'm ready for it whenever. Just... Well, hopefully I'll be under for it." He said. Michael turned to Foulke. "Of course. This isn't a torture room, it's a medical bay." He chuckled.

[Image: TVPB01H.jpg]
After several minutes, an armored figure in a cloak entered the med-bay. His voice was modulated beyond recognition. He approached Raven and Miranda. "Keeper." He said. "Hi. " Replied Raven. She continues to look down at the datapad, not showing much interest to him. They continue to lean against the wall, awaiting for Glass to finish. The hooded figure turned to Miranda. "You needed something, Nagase?" He said. Miranda nods, looking at the figure and maintaining the composed image she had hardly held the last day "Yes, I uh, wanted to inquire about a weapon, something a step up from some old blaster." She said. "Liberty standard issue not good enough for you anymore?," Foulke said half-jokingly. Miranda shrugs. "After two years of no maintenance. I believe the old girls' failed me." she shoots Foulke a look with a smirk "Don't think you're the only one getting a new toy." She said jokingly, changing her tone. "I miss the equipment we got in the LSF. Felt like every single item, from uniforms to firearms, was top-of-the-line. Not sure about you Navy flyers, but that's how it was for us agents." The Curator remained silent for a time. His cloak began to shuffle as his arms moved around. Eventually, his hand extended a holster, with a silver pistol held in its place. "The Security Force might have technology, but they lack ingenuity and originality." He said. Miranda looks down at the pistol in the Curators hand, eyeing the weapon "So what makes this so... original?" She asked. "Hand built. Particle Accelerator. Custom Heat Sync. I've yet to name it, and to use it. It's yours." He offered it to her. Miranda's eyes raise, taking the pistol and holding it in her left hand. A hefty build, but nonetheless sleek and light in her hand. She tests her aim at the wall, before relaxing and holding the pistol near her side. "Well, its magnificent... suppose I'll have to name it myself... I'll find out at some point." She said.

[Image: qErx7Fh.jpg]
Foulke trailed off from the conversation, and looked out at the hallway where Raven was seated. He seemed deep in thought, and his eyes glazed over as he was consumed by his own introspection. He wondered if the woman spent more time on her datapad than she did talking to anyone else. In his mind, it spoke volumes about someone he had known for less than a year, despite the year feeling like a lifetime. The Curator nodded. "If there is nothing else, I'll be letting Glass finish up." He said, looking around. Miranda nods, unholstering her old weapon, a grey, long pistol with the Liberty Navy motto engraved on its grip. She chucks the pistol towards Foulke. "There you go, that's our 'top of the line'." She said. The Curator turned and walked out of the med-bay. He spotted Raven in the hall, and approached her. Raven keeps her eyes glued to the screen. Occasionally, she would tap the screen, being blank and repetitive in movement. After a brief, unspoken conversation, The Curator headed off down the hall. Raven raises her head up to the ceiling, inhaling and exhaling deeply. Meanwhile, Foulke, even in his daze, instinctively reached out for the pistol, grabbing it midair and placing it down beside him. He nodded at Miranda, giving a weak smile. For a brief moment, his eyes betrayed a sense of dread he had been hiding since he arrived. He turned away nervously and examined his friend's old firearm. Michael clasped his hands together. "Now, where were we?" He asked. He turned and approached Foulke's bed. "Whenever you're ready, you'll be sedated. I'm sure Miranda will remain nearby for the procedure, which is handled by the drones." He nodded to the mechanical beings in the room. "During this, I'll be in the office here, as I need to speak with the Keeper. Should anything occur, I am automatically informed." He said in conclusion.

Michael grabbed his cane and walked to the door. He peered out into the hall and looked around. "Keeper." He said. Raven kept her eyes fixed to the ceiling, still lost in thought, processing some memory of hers, indulged into that reality, than reality's reality. She kept her eyes fixed to the ceiling, still lost in thought, processing some memory of hers, indulged into that reality, than reality's reality. Miranda smiles quietly to herself until hearing the procedure, she steps back slightly squeamishly "Remain nearby? Yeah, I'll be here for Foulke. This won't be uhh... painful for him right?" She asked. Michael peered back into the room. "He will be sedated. He won't feel a thing." He smiled, then looked back into the hall. "Raven." He said. "Good, last thing I want is to chew my nails off hearing him scream the whole night..." Muttered Miranda. Michael stepped out into the hall and approached Raven. "Keeper." He said. Foulke rested on his back, twirling around the gun in one hand and looking at the famous motto in the light of the medbay. He sighed, and put the gun down, closing his eyes. Michael shrugged, and returned to the med-bay. "Are you prepared, Foulke?" He asked. Foulke raised his head, and nodded silently. After a moment, he spoke. "Yeah. Let's do it." He said. Miranda pulls out a personal device, sitting in a bench near Foulke eyeing him and Glass "I'll just be over here, I'll watch him, make sure everything goes well." Remaining zoned out, Raven appeared to be listening to someone or something. She immediately hops up, holding the datapad, going around the corner of the hallway out of sight, "Who are you?" can be briefly heard before dissipating within the distance. Michael approached the bed and typed into the console. "Very well. Simply relax, and allow the machinery to do its work." He said calmly. As he typed, various arms unfolded from the scanning machine at the head of the bed. The drones approached as well, attaching sensors and an IV to the crippled man. A needle from the machine inserted its self into the IV bag, and began to trickle down through the tube into his veins. After a minute, Foulke would slip out of consciousness. The drones would prep the prosthetic limbs by the bed, and a holographic privacy curtain closed for the duration of the procedure. Michael allowed the machinery to work. He turned and nodded to Miranda. "I'll return shortly." Miranda nodded, taking a seat and observing the machinery work the prosthetics onto Foulke, a process that would take the entirety of the night. Meanwhile, Michael left the Med-bay, and went down the hall to locate Raven. "Keeper?" He called out, wandering the corridors of the Eidolon Wraith.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-13-2016

Nightmares and Guests

[Image: jquCade.jpg]
Hunt awoke rather suddenly and looked around the second his eyes had shot open. Realizing where he was, he sighed and looked over at Raven, whom was sound asleep to his right. He gave a faint smile and sat up to stretch. Eventually, he crawled out of bed and tucked Raven back in. He walked to his wardrobe to prep some clothing for the day. Grabbing a small bundle, he headed into the bathroom to shower and shave. In the far room, Miranda had fallen asleep on Foulke, sleeping through the events of earlier. She suddenly stretches awake, eyes wide open, noticing Foulke was absent from the bed. She scratches her shuffled hair, and gets up, walking around and picking her various clothes up off the floor. She goes to the bathroom, gently smoothing down her hair and then getting dressed in the bathroom. She steps out of her room, walking down the hallway. She sent a neural net message, letting it stand. [Text-> O'Brien: "Where are you at? I woke up and noticed you had left"] Emerging from the bathroom after a short while, Hunt had dawned a suit and adjusted his coat. His hair still being ever so slightly damp, he approached the bed and sat down on the edge by his partner, and slowly began to rub her side as she rested. Elsewhere in the ship, Michael Glass sat in his quarters staring at the wall, with a less-than-pleased look on his face. His leg was propped up in a cast, and the chair he sat in was designed for medical patients. The bitter emotions of his physical condition swam through his mind, but he continued to drown them out with thoughts of his future projects.

As if reading her thoughts, Foulke punched an apology message into his PDA. [Text-> Jackson: "Sorry, Cathy. Nesrin was having a seizure and I had to go help. Gonna go see Glass now." ] He walked back to the med-bay, and took a seat outside of Glass's office. He removed his worn LSF helmet, then pulled out his datapad and tapped on the keys a message to Glass. [ Text-> Glass: "Hey Doc. If it's not too much trouble, when can we continue the session?"]

Sapphire moaned in her bed. Being completely still within their slumber, they began dreaming of the moment a superior mind node had shown them the interiors of a Nomad city. Her mind recreating the moment, floating weightlessly in the blue organic city. The dream was very vibrant and strong. Suddenly, she saw the glow of the giant reactor chamber that powered something terrible, before briefly being dragged to the city. Suddenly, billions of Nomads surround her, breaking the uniform nature of the ant colony. They point at her and fire their Torpedoes at the same time. She feels like she's burning alive in reality, suddenly shooting awake. She immediately gets out of bed, groaning and whimpering in pain, her heart rate increased. Their words would burn once more in her mind. She immediately sprinted towards the bridge. Hunt, seeing her run out, he stood and chased after her to the bridge, grabbing a robe from the closet.

In his study, Michael heard his communicator beep. He slowly turned his head to look at it. He reached over to type with one hand. [Text-> Foulke: "I was rendered immobile due to an incident involving a flight of stairs."] He typed, giving his leg an experimental twitch. Meanwhile, Miranda smiles, looking at her datapad and tapping back a response to Foulke. [ Text-> O'Brien: "OK, good luck, hope you enjoyed last night"]. She puts the datapad in her pocket, heading towards the canteen for something to wake her up. Foulke read the text from Glass and couldn't help but bang his head lightly on the metal wall behind him three times. He groaned in frustration, taking a deep breath and then reading the next text. He put the pad away and began walking towards the canteen, waving to the sleeping Tacitus and Nesrin. Meanwhile, Sapphire runs up to her master console, quickly checking the scanners, there being a brief distortion in the readings less than a minute ago. "Damn. " she silently mumbled. Hunt walked up to her, catching up on the bridge. "Hey." He said, and offered out the robe. She was stark naked on the command deck as the VIs hummed around her. She moves past him, looking out of the window. "What's wrong?" Hunt walked over and stood beside her, staring out as well. She turns around, pushing him towards her console, pointing at the radar, pointing out at the distorted information. An EM disturbance. "Didn't you hear it?" She questioned, blank-eyed. Sapphire ignored Hunt. She lets go of her hands, walking to the front of the bridge, staring out again, "They were here.” "Oh." Hunt turned and walked over to the front with her. He wrapped the robe over her shirtless torso, letting it rest on her shoulders. "I see. What's the plan, then?" "What do you mean, what's the plan?" Taking the night robe, she puts it on, wrapping it around herself, shivering. She could have raised the thermostat with the whisper of a thought. "Well, if they were here, what's the plan of action? Reaction? What's on your mind?" Hunt wrapped an arm around her waist. "I came here seconds too late. It's gone.” Raven rasped. "What if they come after me in Kusari?" Raven blurts out in a panic, a worn hand pressed against her abdomen. She suddenly slaps herself across the face harshly, "No. Shut up.” "You'll be safe there. That building is a fortress. Especially the top floor." Hunt steps behind her and hugs her. He begins to sway with her slightly, squeezing her forearms. Raven nodded. ”I know, I know. I'm just being illogical. " sighing calmly. He rests his hands on her abdomen and continues. "It'll be alright."She squints up her face, inhaling, hissing in pain, "Ow... I really hit my jaw hard on the way out. Ooof." Sapphire turns around and hugs Hunt tightly. "Sorry." Hunt kept her close. "It's okay. I can understand your concern." He returns the hug. Raven nodded. ”Sorry… For waking up like that, heh. Breakfast?" "Sure." He smiled. Raven laughed. She looked almost happy. ”Let's go then. " she locks her arm around his sides, leaning in to him slightly. Letting out a small yawn, "Woke up too quickly, heh." They proceed to walk out of the bridge.

As he is walking the highways, Foulke suddenly stops in his tracks, hearing a distinct ringing in his ears. “Frick, not again..," he exclaimed, running towards the bathroom. Miranda rounds the corner towards the canteen, stepping into the large room and walking up, getting her usual cup of black coffee, taking a whiff of the strong brew before heading to a table and sitting down, flicking through the news in between sips of coffee. Foulke cries through the bathroom. " I'm not there right, I'm not there..," he repeated to himself as he sat in a stall, sobbing slightly. The mental sounds of gunfire and explosions seemed to grow louder and louder, and he could almost hear the pleas of his old friends crying out for help as they were blown away. He could not shake the feeling of anxiety and guilt that accompanied his episodes. "I just have to ride it out..." Miranda sits in the canteen, flicking through the news on her datapad, after finishing her coffee, she gets up, throwing the cup down. She looks at the dog tags hanging from her neck peculiarly... she felt off inside. Foulke. Foulke got up from the stall and turned on the sink. He splashed water in his face, hoping it would help him. His right hand grabbed on to the metal basin and bent the material. He did not know his own strength yet. Venus walked into the canteen, wearing black daily clothes, a simple shirt with fatigues. She looked around the place and got herself some coffee before finding herself an empty table. Miranda shakes her head, thinking she just has some morning pain or soreness, still clutching the dog-tags, she walks back to where she left her datapad on a table, picking it up and giving it an empty look. Foulke rushed out of the bathroom, a bit more calm than before. He paced around in the hallway for a bit, steadying his breathing, the panic attack in its final throws. "It's okay... Just like the techniques back in the training regimen."

[Image: 22fj1tS.jpg]
Venus looked at the woman with her dog tags for moment, before focusing on her own coffee and appearing to be scrolling through some information on her PDA. Miranda grimaces, putting the feeling aside, but still needing to do something to get the creepy feeling off her mind. She begins quickly walking towards the exit, glancing over at the woman sitting drinking a cup of coffee. She shrugs in her head, still needing to introduce herself to all the... new faces of the Battlegroup for her. She puts a smile on, walking up near the woman sitting at the table. "Uh, hi, I believe we've not met yet" Foulke walks into the canteen, rushing past people and moving immediately to stand in line. Fidgeting, he tapped his foot repeatedly as he stood there, opening and closing his eyes abruptly at irregular intervals. Raven peered at Hunt. ”Do you want to get a cooked breakfast from the canteen?" she asks him, as they slowly loiter down the corridor. He shrugged. "Might as well." Raven smiled. "Oh good. I'm too tired to cook anyway. " she chuckled. She had a beautiful laugh. "Sorry, was occupied." Venus replied, standing up from her seat and holding out her hand just in time after closing her PDA, squinting up at Miranda. "Venus is the name." Miranda wipes the nervous smile off her face, relaxing a bit, shaking Venus's hand. ”A pleasure, I'm Miranda... lot of fresh faces around since I've come back”. Venus nodded "Hm... yes, I take it you are a regular then?" She asked in return after shaking the woman's hand. Miranda nods, taking a seat opposite Venus "Yes, I've been in the Battlegroup quite a well, just been on... medical leave the past several weeks. I've recently come back the last weeks... things seem to have just really built up in that time.” Venus smiled quietly. "I've been around for a while but worked behind the scenes. Zeta section with all its security clearances and so on but they eased up on it, so here I am." Miranda nods, fiddling with the tags around her neck "I've just been working convoys recently... just doing my job as a Templar back in the battlegroup.”

Raven rounded on Hunt as they walked towards the Canteen doors, "What are you going to get?" she looks towards Hunt briefly, as she reaches her hands out for the doors along with him, pushing it forwards. "Depends on what there is." He held the door open for her. "Eggs, maybe." She walked in, giggling, "Just eggs? Wow - you'd practically be committing genocide in front of me. " "Pffft." He chuckles. "What about you?" He walks in behind her. "What're you going to get?" They both step towards the queue, "Well. I could get a full Bretonian breakfast. Maybe.” Raven shrugs. "Might as well. I guess I'll join you for one." He wraps an arm around her waist and stands with her. Venus nodded at Miranda. ”I see, I'm a pilot for one of our fast response teams." Venus replied while observing how the woman fiddled with the tags. "Not everyone wears those, although there was someone else earlier who had similar ones." Raven looked around the canteen, seeing the various types of people around, "Wow, there's quite a few people here. " she muttered. Scanning to see if she recognizes anyone, she looks around the room, patiently waiting in queue. Venus looked up for a moment as the Keeper and Hunt entered the canteen as well, she gave the two a simple nod before looking at Miranda again. Raven responds with a wave. Miranda stops fiddling with the dog tags, looking at Venus surprised "Oh... sorry, I shouldn't be fiddling with them anyways. The one you probably saw with the other set was Guardian Foulke.”

Venus smiled into her coffee. "Correct, he called in an emergency earlier today." she noted. Miranda tilts her head. "An emergency call? I didnt he- er, I didn't see anything, I was probably asleep. What happened?" "Nesrin, the tall woman, she had some sort of seizure. He was the first one to respond to her aid. Although he appeared to be so fast that he forgot to get dressed." she chuckled. Miranda turns slightly red, looking down again with a guilty half-smile on her face "Jeez, I hope shes uh, alright…” "She's being looked after in the medical bay. She should be okay, probably a nightmare or maybe a glitch in her soft or hardware." Venus replied with a rather casual smile before sipping her coffee. Miranda nods, her face still red but calming down "Yeah, Good to hear, I'm sure she'll be fine, glad Foulke got to her in time before something worse happened.” Venus emptied her cup of coffee and nodded. "You mentioned a medical leave, everything back in order now again with yourself?" Miranda sighed. "Yes, some mental problems, everything is all in order now, no need to worry.” "Very well. Good to have you back at least even when I don't actually know you. I am confident you're capable." she replied a little formal in her voice but a kind smile still followed. She smiles, chuckling lightly to herself "Thank you Venus, good to know this Battlegroup is just as caring as when I had to leave.”

Hunt rubbed Raven's hip briefly. "Would it bug you if I got a few people together for a party for you, before you go?" He said quietly. She looks towards Hunt, "Can be a hang out than a party, eh. That almost sounds like you're happy to get rid of me, heheh. " they move toward to the serving area, she looks towards one of the servers. "Keeper. " they nod. "Good day. " she clears the throat. "A Bretonian breakfast please. No mushroom, no black pudding. " "Coming up. " She awaits with the tray on the side-counter, looking towards Hunt with a smile. "It's nice to see all these faces who are so committed." Venus agreed. "Most are new for me as well, at least most of the regulars are new for me as I rarely come out here." She eventually got up from her seat. Thanking Miranda for the conversation even when it was brief, it had field nice and natural to her as she wasn't exactly used to being public herself. She excused herself as she had other duties to look after in the Zeta section of the vessel and after a brief handshake she left the canteen. After ordering their meals and taking their trays, Hunt and Raven found a seat in the canteen and began to enjoy their food. Briefly looking down at her datapad, Raven places it back in her pocket, eating her food happily. "Oooohhhh this is soo good. " At the serving desk, Foulke grabbed a small coffee from the counter, moving to sit down alone at another table nearby to Raven and Hunt. He didn't know if his presence would cause more trouble in his current state, so he attempted to distract himself with his datapad.

Hunt was enjoying his food. He looked over at Raven. "So, how do you plan to announce it?" "Huh? Announce wha?" she wolves down on her food. "Your departure?" He lowered his voice slightly. "You're going on maternity leave." "Ohhh. " - she bites into a tomato. Hunt smiled at her enjoyment and continued to eat his meal. William couldn't help but move himself a little closer to the conversation, sliding himself in the seat. He tried to appear nonchalant, and even though it would be considered rude, the conversations of others would at least help keep him distracted. Raven looks up at Hunt again, "I don't know. Do we tell others?" Hunt prompted her. "I mean, it's kind of a big deal that you're going somewhere. Maybe personal reasons? Nothing specific." Raven inclined her head. "But I'll be gone for a year, and well - it can't be kept a secret?" she scoops some beans up with her fork. Hunt opened his palms. ”In the end, it's up to you what to announce. I suppose in this case you're right. I think they'll notice once you return that you have an infant." He takes a bite of his food. "So how do you want to proceed?" "I don't know. " she impales the sausage, biting it. "I guess we be honest?" Foulke's eyes snapped open a bit at the conversation, especially at the mention of infant. He couldn't help but look at the two for a moment, but then turned away rapidly. Raven briefly goes quieter, "Well... announce that it's a maternity leave?" Hunt nods. "Mhm. Will it be you or I who announces it?" Raven looked at him. "It'd be a bit wrong if you said it.” "Fair point." He acquiesced. "How far into detail do you plan to go?" He asked. Raven tucked into her food. "I can just say I'm going on maternity leave temporarily. Nothing more? That you'll be in charge, but ultimately, I plan to return.” "Right." "Just simple things. " - she chops up some of the bacon. "That'll do, then." Hunt takes a bite of his bacon slice. Noah Xonnel had already gotten back from his previous excursion out into space. Relaxing on his bed instead of meditating as usual, he looked at the ceiling, thinking about what happened this day. Foulke leaned a little bit more, this time teetering a little precariously. He placed his coffee cup on the ground in the event of needing a cover for looking so stupid, leaning like that.

Raven shrugged. ”I’m just a little afraid, I guess. But hopefully the converter chip will workout. " Hunt rubbed her shoulder. "Well, I'll be flying with you to drop off the relay so we can at least keep in touch. And I'll be coming out to visit as often as possible. I'll definitely be there for when he's born." Raven nodded. "I'm still slightly confused on a few aspects. I'll be on the planet when it happens right?" She asked. "Well, Glass suggested returning to the Wraith when its nearly time. We can relocate it to Honshu for that brief period, so he can help out." ”How do we know when it's time? I read it briefly, as it were twins, something about hormones and it being more likely to be early." She said, feeling the life inside her. "Contractions will start. We need to start monitoring for signs when it's within that 'early' period of time, to be safe." He continued. ”Worst case, we can invest in some equipment for a private medical room in the tower, and have Michael go there." Raven squinted at him, squeezing his fingers. "How long are the signs though? The distance of the Wraith from the Independent Worlds is - eh - far from Honshu.” Hunt bit into his sausage. “Well, when is the early timezone? When it's more likely, I mean." "I don't know. I can't predict the future. " she eats some of the egg. Hunt nodded. "I guess we'll go with the medical room idea, then." Raven looked at him. ”I don't mean to offend, but we don't have to rely on Glass. He's already managing medical as it is, we can always ask some of the other staff to be present. " Hunt shrugged. ”We can. I'm merely going off of his suggestions." Hunt took another bite of his food, then took a brief look around the room. He noticed Foulke and his weird posture. "Uh. You okay, Foulke?"

Foulke reached down to pick up his coffee, smiling at the pair. "Hey guys. Just picking up my coffee. Was lucky it landed upright." Hunt blinked at Foulke. "Ah. Right." He didn’t look any more convinced than the Keeper did. "I didn't hear the noise?" She quizzed. "Me neither." Hunt paused. Foulke struggled to blag his way out "You guys seemed really deep in conversation or something I wouldn't be surprised. Was kinda quiet, since the top didn't come off," he said, point to the paper cup. "I don't even lose focus on my surroundings." Raven dissented. Foulke, robbed of a verbal protest, chose a physical one. He raised an eyebrow at the line, shrugged and went back to sipping his coffee. "Right..." Hunt looked back over at Raven. "Any plans for today?" Hunt finished up his food and wiped his mouth with a napkin, picking up his tray and standing. He walked over to the disposal chute and dumped the unnecessary garbage off. He carried the tray to the sink and left it. Hunt turned and walked back to the table, sitting down again. She continued to eat, "Well." - only reaching half way. "Well?" "Let me finish. " she continues to eat. Foulke looks down at his datapad, looking to text Raven, but realizes he doesn't have her contact info. “Frick, it'd be really awkward if I asked now after that leanfest," he mumbled to himself. Raven picks up the last piece of the sausage, eating it, "awright. " - as she munches on it. "I'll take care of your tray." Hunt responds. "Oh. Uh. Thanks. " "So. Plans for today?" He asked. "Well. I have a private meeting in about twenty, I gotta fly over, so. " She stands up. "Alright. Keep me updated if need be. I'll be around." Hunt stands and steps around the table. He gives her a brief hug and kiss. "Take care." "Yeah-" she embraces it, returning the kiss, "I'll be fine. Don't burn the place down. " She walks out in a haste, knowing they're late already.

"Crap, I really need that info," Foulke said under his breath. He walked around, looking for someone who could help him. Hunt left the canteen and headed for the quarters, where he would put on his armor and assume the identity of the Curator. After pulling up his hood, he left and begun pacing the corridors, monitoring the neural net on his HUD. Rounding the corner, he spotted Foulke looking around, appearing a little clueless. Hunt stepped over and spoke through his modulator. "Guardian Foulke." Slightly startled by the sudden appearance of the armored figure, Foulke turned around and gave a light salute. "Curator. Just wondering how to get the Keeper's text address." Said Foulke. "For what purpose?" Hunt shifted his arms about under his robe. "Just want to talk with her, y'know? We were good friends before, it'd be nice to continue that," he said, trying to shoot his cup into the trash can ten feet away from him. He failed. Hunt watched the cup miss the bin. He turned his gaze back to Foulke. "Very well. One moment." He brought up his wrist-mounted console and typed away. [TEXT>Foulke: CONTACT RECEIVED.] Foulke nodded in appreciation, looking at his datapad. He quickly paced over to the trash bin, grabbed the cup, tried to throw it in from much closer, and still failed. He sighed sadly, before picking up the cup and placing down gently inside. He wished there was a basketball court on the ship. "Thanks. I appreciate it." The Curator nodded silently and continued his rounds through the corridors. Foulke waited for the Curator to disappear, before pulling out his datapad, typing out a message to Raven. [TEXT->Raven: "Tell me if and when we can meet. Have some stuff to talk about."] He put away the pad, leaving for an observation deck where he would stare out into space, waiting for a response. He didn’t have to wait long for Raven’s response. [TEXT>Foulke: " Sure. I'll meet up after I'm done with my meeting. "]

Hunt left the bridge not long after and hurried through the halls to the mooring bridge, awaiting Raven's arrival. Attending to himself as usual, Foulke polished the retractable blade that came out of his arm. As he worked on it, a multitude of possible modifications entered his mind. Ranged weaponry, non-lethal and lethal options, non-combat attachments... The possibilities were endless. His leg would be more useful if he had lost the left one as well. But that thought was a chilling one to ponder. "Hope she comes back soon. Sucks having to wait.". Loitering near the mooring bridge of the Wraith, Raven waits on the Barrier gate end for Tantalus. Hunt was waiting on the opposite end in his armor, stood in the center of the walk-way. The gray hull of an alien looking Nephthys heavy fighter guides in near the mooring bridge of the Wraith, its pilot looking around at the interior of the wraith from within. Everything looks relaxed from within, security clearances are checked up. The doors open up for the entrance, inviting him in. Noticeably, it was another chamber within, the second set of doors were open too. Almost like a blast door. Raven waited by the entrance, leaning against the wall, silently muttering, "D-dear... lord... " - she grasps her chest. Foulke stepped out of his room, freshly cleaned and dressed in his off-duty sleepwear. Seeing the hallways deserted as usual, he went over to the nearest rec room, crashing a couch and looking up at the ceiling. There was nothing much to do tonight. Tantalus steps towards Raven, dressed in casual clothing despite flying all day across the Sirius sector. He gives a quick smile at Raven, before rapidly fading. "Theres got to be someone you go to when you feel like this right?" He asked. "Y-y-yeaah. T-.. " grasping it harder, "Gettin'.. tight.. Cur - ... " She snaps her fingers, shaking, breathing painfully, but it gradually slows and quietens down. "ERI, s-show him to g-... " - suddenly collapsing, finding difficulty to breathe. A pair of android units walk along together, one of them rushes over, picking up Raven - carrying her off to the medbay in a hurry, the other one, dressed in a robe, approaches Tantalus. :: <Robotic sigh> Sorry about that. I can show you the way to your rooms. We were informed of an arriving guest. I assume you're them? <More excitedly> Who are you? We rarely get guests :: Seeing the drone carry off Raven, Hunt followed it to the med-bay, speeding up to a full sprint.

Tantalus raises an eye, beginning to speak up but sighing hopelessly while Raven is carted away. He moves his attention to the Android "It's, fine... I am the guest as well. One of Ravens old friends, on assignment and I asked her for a place to stay whilst I'm here" :: Ah. I see. :: The humanoid shaped robot lends out a hand, offering a shake. :: I'm Venator Ipaxator. :: Tantalus extends his hand out as well, firmly shaking the hand of the Android "Tantalus, a pleasure to meet you. Do you think perhaps you can show me to my room? As well as the ships amenities." Arriving at the medical bay, Hunt pointed to the nearest bed. "There." He said to the drone. He hurried around the room, collecting various instruments, containers and an IV rack. He returned to the bed and set them up. Foulke sat up from his lazy position and elected to watch people pass by in the hallways outside. He put on his trusty earbuds and set his datapad to play one of his favorite albums. It was all about the simple pleasures in life, really.

Meanwhile, the other droid places Raven down on the bed, commanding the other medical drones. They briefly inspect her struggling to breathe. ":: Hm. Clot. ::" The other medical units coordinate, ":: Checking. Area appears swollen, clot traveled up - possibly towards heart. Applying solution. ::" - They go to inject a blue fluid in to her vein. The android that brought her in backs off, " :: Apologies, Curator. :: "

Meanwhile, Ipaxator nods, " :: A pleasure to meet you too. And of course. This way. ::" they walk ahead down the corridors. After five minutes of walking, occasionally passing by people who were walking by, not really bothered by their presence, they finally reach a corridor. ":: Room A-10. ::" ":: It contains the basic - well - functions of a bedroom. Toilet, small kitchen area, and a living room - heat controls, neuralscreen and neuralnet connectivity - though do note external communications are currently disabled for keeping stealth. If you require to send out a message - ask the Keeper. Should you need assistance with something, simply go up to the console by the door to send out any internal queries. ::" The genderless entity turns to look at him, " :: Any queries? :: " Tantalus looks into the room, whistling to himself, turning back to the Android "I suppose just one thing, any recreation rooms on this ship?" Elsewhere, Hunt turned to the drone. "It's alright. Clear it, and prep some life-support with the obvious added safeguards, as well as get some anticoagulants ready if necessary. It'll help clear any remaining traces of a thrombus." ":: The real question is, if you have any clearance. ::" they note in a joking manner. There was an awkward silence. They come to a realization, ":: Oh. I lack the ability to wink- without my neural visor. Apologies. ::" ":: But yes - yes there are. ::" Tantalus chuckles awkwardly, briefly digging his datapad out to check the time "Well, take me to it I suppose, I've got time to kill before I like to sleep." Hunt paced around to the side of the bed to allow the drones to work, doing his best to stay out of their way and advise where possible.

":: Of course, I'll also direct you to the cantina and the lounge. ::" They take Tantalus a guided tour throughout the guest level, it seemed relatively simple in terms of direction. Though, it was notable the Cantina wasn't really busy at this hour, and the common lounge was moderately busy, a person would wave out and greet the two entering as they were around on a tour, finally coming to another room, which was more of a general bar area, it was kind of busy. People playing snooker, or enjoying a general chat, or enjoying another sort of game. They would direct him to the end of the corridor. ":: Well. That concludes the tour. Then again. ::" - they point up to the wall, signs being placed up. ":: If you get lost, heh. ":: ":: Oh right, the games room. I apologize, I forgot to show you. ::” Their communicator bleeps, ":: Hmm. It appears I'm required somewhere. I apologize again. ::"

Tantalus nods, looking around the room, kind of nervous in his blatant Order uniform. He looks at the Android "Thank you again, I can find my way back to my room" he waves the Android off looking around at the activity in the room ":: Of course. If you need help - don't be afraid to query. ::" Foulke cocked his head to look at the two arriving individuals, raising his eyebrows at the Order operative now manifested before him. He took off his earbuds and stretched his synthetic arm. "Well, that's not very common aboard this ship." Tantalus watches the Android leave before cocking his head towards the source of the sound, looking at the man sitting on the couch "Well, you can say this place is full of uncommon occurrences”.

Meanwhile, in the med-bay, the medical drones work around to deal with the issue, :: Blood levels stabilizing, heart rate returning to levels. Advising patient to stay admitted for minimum four hours for observation. :: Hunt nods. "Understood. Excellent work. I'll be remaining here for that duration." Back in the recreation room, Foulke scoffed, taking in the man from head to toe. "I have, well, several questions. The most pressing being: Who are you?" Tantalus sighs, putting a hand on his forehead briefly "Straight to introductions? Well, I'm Tantalus, agent of The Order”. A message is sent to Foulke's communicator, an automated announcement. It is a read only message; "We have a guest on the ship. Please treat them politely. Remember the code for guests. Don't be bitter, be better. Keep the environment happy and snappy. - Keeper Raven. " Foulke backtracked like a hunter in reverse. "I mean you just came in wearing an immaculate Order outfit and seem to be living with us for a while. You can understand the curiosity, man," he said, reaching for his communicator and stifling a laugh. "Didn't know she was sending out office posters..." Tacitus nods, reaching around the back of his neck to stretch "Of course, Don't expect me to stay longer than a week however. So maybe I ought to learn some names in that time, who may you be?" "William Foulke. Guardian, former Sentinel. I'll be reinstated some day, I guess. Just a little bit of mixups with the chain of command." he said. He waved to one of the couches in front of him, gesturing for Tantalus to sit. Tantalus nods acknowledging Foulke, taking his gesture and walking over to the couch, taking a seat and a deep breath "Hmm, after crossing the sector in a whole day, man this is relaxing." "You're telling me, guy. Usually we crash in the canteen because it's so close to the hangar, but couches are better, all the way," he said, slouching a bit in his seat. "So, why are you here, anyways? And if you say classified, give me one of the explanations where you tell me everything except what you're doing, so I at least have some context."

Hunt pulled over a stool to sit by Raven's bed, watching her through his helmet. Raven slowly opens her eyes, dumbly looking at Hunt, breathing tiredly with curiosity. She tries to raise herself. Hunt stood up slightly and helped her sit up. He supported her with his arm and gently grabbed her hand. The mask of his helmet folded open to reveal his face. Raven looks uncertain, looking at Hunt, "I...I feel so weak. D-damn... " She rubs Hunt’s hand weakly. "It's alright, dearest." Hunt stroked the top of her hand with his thumb. "You're safe. It was probably stress related, from all of your nightmares." He smiled at her. Raven looked down with a tint of sadness, "Or my pregnancy, or... the... same issue with mother." Hunt’s eyes followed hers. "That's why we have all of these measures in place to make sure you're okay." He looked back up at her. "You will be okay. Take some of the medical drones with you to Honshu, just to be safe, alright?" Raven, resuming strength to talk more, smiles. "Of course. " Silently cursing - getting up slowly, "I promised to meet Foulke. "

Elsewhere, Aria was walking through the halls in some casual clothes - a blue v-neck shirt, jeans and a jacket. Noticing the collection of people in the recreation room, she decided to investigate. Aria walked in and approached the two on the couches. "Uh. Hello." She said quietly. Tantalus looks at Foulke, briefly digging in his pocket "Assignment into Liberty, standard faire of some Liberty Navy personnel having no idea what to do. Reports say they're running around in the first stages of infection. Incubus is probably gonna fully envelop within a week and they'll run towards Rheinland or the 'Crons." Foulke saluted lightly at Aria with his right arm, before adjusting his tank top slightly and made room on the couch. "Yo, you're the one who kept me from doing that one thing last night," he piped up, smiling like an idiot. "Never caught your name." He turned back to Tantalus, shaking his head. "You kidding me? Another infectee in Liberty? They never stop coming, like, ever." Aria looked over at Foulke and nodded. "Yes. That was me." She walks over and sits on the couch, crossing her legs. "I'm Aria." She smiled lightly. "It's nice to meet you William. Who is this?" Aria turned to look at Tantalus, becoming uncomfortable at the sight of the Order uniform. Tantalus nods a hello toward the cyborg, looking back to Foulke "Well as long as liberty keeps being an idiot and thinking they're the Masters of fighting the K'hara, then they'll probably keep coming." Tantalus looks up from his grumble towards Aria, eyes widening at the greeting "Oh, name is Tantalus, I'm an old friend of Raven... she offered me a place here while I'm on assignment" "I see... It's nice to meet you, too." She shifted about in her seat slightly and gave a small smile. It was noted the young woman bared a remarkable resemblance to Raven. "Likewise." Tantalus cracks a smile at Aria and returns to his conversation with Foulke. Foulke stared at Tantalus for a second, forcing a smile at the comment regarding Liberty. 'I can't be an asshole. I've got orders. Don't. Fall for it,' he thought to himself. After a moment, he forgot the slight. He leaned in, and looked at Aria with a stone cold face, and then back at Tantalus. "Don't worry, Aria. He tries anything, I'll throw him out of the goddamn airlock myself," he stoically stated. He kept this look of seriousness for a moment before chuckling again and breaking into a smile. "Nah, I'm just messing with you." Aria smirked at the comment. "Funny. I think he'd have a hard time if he tried anything, though. I can kick pretty hard." She sat up, adopting a slightly confident posture. Tantalus chuckles, looking at Foulke and smiling nervously after the rather... tense moment. "Good to know I'm staying with very... capable people... regardless Foulke, it's my job. I do what I do to stop the K'Hara" Aria looked over to Tantalus. "We have to be capable. We can't afford not to be."

"I may not agree with the Order for personal reasons, but I can respect commitment to kicking alien bastards' asses like that," he added. Tantalus nods "The Order can say the same for Auxesia, although I'm not really like the rest of the fleet. I've been acquainted with Raven since her days in the Core. And I see this Battlegroup in a different light than some." Aria sighed. "If only your friends were as rational as you." "My only vendetta is against the demons and anyone who supports them, not the fellow man who they want to kill." Back in the med-bay, Hunt gently pressed Raven's shoulder. "They want you to stay for four hours. I can have him come visit you if you want." "Damn it." She picks up her datapad, texting Foulke. [TEXT>Foulke: "Uh. Slightly inconvenient heart-failure/something is stopping me from visiting you. But you can visit me in medical. I can't leave. "]

"Still, can't say you guys have always respected boundaries well, knowing your methods," Foulke said, checking his communicator. He tapped a few buttons to send a text, then put away the communicator. [ TEXT ->Raven: "It's all good. Currently hazing our Order guest." ] He snickered to himself. Raven drops her expression to a frown. [TEXT>Foulke: "Hey. Come on. He's not an /Order Guest/ - he's Tantalus. He's a person too. Don't identify people by their badges. "] Foulke pulled out the communicator again, this time keeping it out. [TEXT->Raven: "A person, you say? I've never heard of the concept before. Sounds ridiculous to think that could be a thing." ] Tantalus frowns slightly, fiddling a small cartridge between his fingers "Can't say we have, the Overwatch has done what they deemed necessary... that's how we've worked for 24 years, and that's why people think we're terrorists..."

[TEXT>Foulke: " ... " ]

[TEXT>Foulke: " Anyway. If you want to talk, I'm in medical for four hours minimum. " ]

Foulke took the message as an excuse. ”People don't like being lorded over by an entity that exists out in the edges of known space, waiting to strike out whomever they declare to be enemies of humanity. Without consulting or advising any of the proper authorities first. The idea of that secret police constantly assessing the population and playing the role of judge, jury, and executioner is what makes people nervous about you. Why they think you're terrorists. Because you guys do kind of take a dump over every legal institution," he explained, standing up and moving near the doorway, still checking his communicator. Tantalus shrugs, smirking calmly to himself "I won't deny your argument Mr. Foulke, but just remember how Sirius would be had the Order not been here 22 years ago, during the first Nomad War."

"[TEXT->Raven: "I'll be over now. Tantalus is getting pretty acclimated." ]

"He coming?" Hunt looked at Raven.

"Mhm. " she leaves the datapad to the side of the bed, being easily in view. She slides down in the bed slightly, pulling the covers up over her, keeping warm.

Hunt typed into his console and closed up his helmet, concealing his identity again.

"Well remember that Rheinland once tried to declare war on the entire Sector because of the Nomads, Liberty banned two future Lone Star Medal holders from her space, and fighter squadrons could destroy cruisers right inside Manhattan airspace. Things change, Tantalus," he concluded, moving into the hall way and waving goodbye. "I'm late for a very important date though, and although I'm enjoying our current conversation, I gotta jet. Hope you sleep well, Mr. T," he said, walking towards the medbay.

Aria waved farewell to Foulke as he left. "Well, uhm... Yeah."

Tantalus half smiles, watching Foulke leave, still fiddling with the small cartridge in his hand "Be seeing you Foulke." Tantalus watches him leave. Foulke arrived at the med-bay after a few minutes, still in his tank top and shorts. He knocks on the side of the door, slipping in. He tried to hide his concern with a smile, but the disguise was rather thin. "Sorry about the informal getup. I would have brought flowers, but we're kind of on a spaceship."

The Curator looked over as Foulke entered the room. He nodded silently. Raven looks around herself, noticing the IV rack and various equipment then returns their view towards Foulke, "Yeah, sorry, dying wasn't part of informal meetup plan either." She winks. Foulke steps in slowly, moving with far greater grace than before with his cybernetic components. He grabs a seat and sits down in front of Raven, glancing at the masked man for a brief moment. "Kinda wondering why he's here, though." "Are you implying I have no friends? Shame on you. " Raven shakes her head, "No, terrible humor aside, he was visiting me too." The Curator nods. "It's also my duty to ensure the Keeper's personal security." Raven rounds on Foulke. "Do you want to talk about something in private?" She asked. "This place is kind of a fortress, it's a little far-fetched to assume she needs he extra muscle.” Foulke squints at the Curator. “But if it's just a visit, I understand. What I want to talk about is... Well, it's kinda private, especially for you, so I'll leave it up to you," he says, scratching his ear. "I can leave if necessary." The Curator looked to Raven. "Well, you might as well, since it's a private matter." She said. "Very well. I'll be in the hall." Hunt stood and looked at them both. He gave a brief nod and left the room. He stood outside the medical bay and waited. Foulke watches him leave, before turning back to Raven for a moment and then getting up, beginning to pace around the room in his usual habit. "I've gotta ask one thing before I go on about the thing I was gonna say... Your name isn't really Sapphire Raven, right? I mean no offense, but it did always sound kinda ridiculous to me, and some people did say it even sounded a little... Racy," he said half-jokingly, attempting to calm his own nerves.

She blinks at him. "It is. And isn't. It's translated from Saffir Rabe. Although the family name is Raven. Same words, different language." She turns her head slightly, "I don't get what you mean by racy. " Foulke shrugged. "Well, just like... Never mind, not important. What I meant to ask was, ah..," he says, pacing around a bit. "I overheard you with Hunt a couple of times before, and um..." Raven blinks quickly, keeping neutral. "Let me tell you a secret. " she indicates him to come closer with her hand. Foulke leaned in. "About a child, going to Honshu, and before in the training room, a name.." he stammered out a bit, before getting closer to Raven and sitting back in the chair. She leans forward in response. "I saw you spying on us. Naughty. " she grins. He shrugs, looking down. "Well, you know I'm keen to be in the loop," he said, chuckling weakly. "Sorry about that." "You shouldn't be apologizing, we should be. For doing a terrible job at keeping it a secret. I'm not mad at you. I'm only going to be mad if you spread the word. " "But alas. It is true. " Affirmed Raven. "I've kept secrets before. I was a freakin' secret agent before, you know," he joked. "And I'm guessing Hunt's...?"

"It was two. "

"Two...?" Foulke whispers, somewhat confused for a moment. His face goes a bit dark for a moment, realizing what that might have meant. "Unfortunately, I... was an idiot at one point. I got shot. One died. " She looks down a bit, briefly sighing, "But life goes on." Said Raven. 'She's good at keeping her composure around me.' Foulke thinks to himself. "I'm sorry, that's..." he says, quiet for a moment. Raven shrugs, accepting that life isn't all glitter and sunshine. "The bigger question; why am I telling you this? Well - I'm announcing my leave soon. So I may as well. " Foulke looks up, disbelieving for a moment. "Leaving? I'm guessing to Honshu, right? Maternity leave?" He asked. "Yes." Replied Raven. "Oh, I thought for a second... Never mind," he sighs, relieved. He glances around the room, noting how different it was from so many months ago. "Things really have changed." he admitted, with a crushing weight on his heart brought on by how out of place he felt. "It has... Can I ask you something?" Foulke looks back at Raven. "Anything." "Are you fitting in well?" She asked. "To tell you the truth, no, not really. Only around Catherine, because of our history. All these single-name soldiers carrying themselves like spec-ops that just arrived here out of the blue, the new technology everywhere, the Initiative people, and this general Big Brother-y vibe... I really do feel like un étranger dans une terre étrange: A stranger in a strange land." he explained, looking exhaustedly sullen. "Didn't know I could feel like a relic at 28." Said Foulke. "Oh... I'm sorry. Davara Squadron is really - eh... hard to tolerate sometimes. They're not the primary people who make up the Wraith though, fortunately. " Responded Raven. "Why are they like that? They just don't strike me right." Asked Foulke. "Part of their special training to avoid emotional bondages. " "Oh, we've got special training regimens now?" he asks sarcastically, looking down. "I'm probably not helping matters right now, am I? You're trying to recover and I'm here busting your balls about things you probably wouldn't tell me anyways."

"Don't worry. You're being honest, I like that at least. " Said Raven. "Lying isn't one of my strong suits, as evidenced in the past. Honestly, it feels good to know I can still be safely honest with two people on this ship. Less than before, but..," Foulke says, trailing off. "I suppose it'll just take time. They're not bad people, honestly, just misunderstood. " Said Raven. "That's every person ever born, Bird. I just hope I can get around to it. Me and Cathy are kind of holding our own a bit against a bunch of strangers. Paranoia left over from the desertion, I guess." Raven sighed slightly. "Well. Eh... Would it help if I hanged out too or...? I don't know. " She said. "That depends entirely on you. You're the leader, and you've got things to do, and... Well, a baby to take care of now. Crap, shouldn't have brought it up." Raven shrugged. "Well. Eh. You act if I don't have time." Foulke looks around. "Yeah. Yeah, that'd be good, I guess," he admits. "I'm kind of surprised Hunt isn't here beside you right now, though. I heard that your tumble was a bit heavy." Raven raises a brow. "Hm? My tumble?" She asked. “The heart thingy. The reason you're in this medbay right now." Said Foulke. "Oh. Quite. I could have died if it was any later. " "Where is he right now, if you don't mind me asking? I just think it's odd that the scary intimidating armored dude is here, but he isn't, given this new context." Foulke asked. "He went to bring something from my quarters."

Following an unspoken conversation in his mind, Hunt jogged off down the hall to the quarters. Once he had arrived, he quickly exited his armor and grabbed Raven's diary. He set it down on the bed and grabbed his datapad, yanking a small chip out of it. He walked to his armor and plugged the chip into the wrist-mounted console. The armor sealed up on its own and began to move around.

:[" About time. "]:

"Don't be an ass. You're filling in for me. Just sit there and be quiet."

:[" Ugh. Fine, but I want my own terminal. "]:

"We'll sort that out later. Go stand outside the general med-bay."

Hunt grabbed the diary and walked out of the quarters, as his armor followed him out the door. Reaching the entrance to the med-bay, the suit stopped and went silent, standing guard like before. Hunt entered the med-bay and approached Raven's bedside, offering her the book. "Sorry that took so long." Raven looks over at Hunt. "Hey... It's okay. " she smiles warmly. "Well, congratulations Hunt. I suspected before, but I wasn't expecting it to be revealed like this, by a dying woman at her bedside." Foulke quipped, hoping to not get punched in the face. "I mean it could've been announced in way worse conditions. It wasn't likely to remain a secret forever." Hunt shrugged. "Not really, considering, y'know." he replied, using his hands to gesture at a large dome over his belly. "Well, what would've happened if she disappeared unannounced for a year, then came back with a child in her arms? I think it would've been pretty obvious where she was." Said Hunt. "The point was to not let the information leak outside of our group. You can imagine how many awful people are out there." Continued Raven. "Fair enough... Fair enough," Foulke said, getting up slowly and walking over to the door. He looked at it for a moment, and turned back to the three figures in the room. "Maybe one day I'll feel like I'm in the loop. Probably upon reinstatement, or hopefully promotion. Knowing the way this place functioned back in the day, I'm probably oblivious to a lot of shady things." Hunt crossed his arms. ”Well, it was kind of necessary. Safety first. No offense intended to you or anything, but it really is something that could be easily exposed and abused if the information fell into the wrong hands. It wasn't something we were willing to risk. It's at the point where it can't be hidden physically anymore, so..." Hunt took Raven's hand and stroked it with his thumb. "We have to protect what we value most." He smiled slightly at Raven. "I can empathize, Hunt. I truly can. I guess I was more referring to other things. Doesn't matter, though." Foulke evaded. "Look, I can imagine it's a little difficult coming back to so many changes. It's not easy. There's still a lot going on that you haven't even seen yet. When I have the time, I'd gladly give you a quick run-through of everything, if Raven agrees." Hunt looked at her. "Well, of course. "

"Well, that's... Thanks," he replies, nodding. "Well... I don't want to keep you from getting rest and spending time together. I won't tell anyone, not even Cathy," Replied Foulke. "Thank you." Said Raven. "Appreciate it." Hunt nods.

"Thanks for trusting me, Raven. And you too, Hunt." he concludes quietly, leaving the room and walking back to the living quarters.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 07-15-2016

Doubtful Leave

[Image: e773477385.png]
Foulke reclined in his cot, holding a small photo in his hand of his former Navy squadron members. He sighed deeply, turning his head for a moment to look at an unmarked, unopened bottle in his duffle bag. Raven makes her way to Foulke's quarters, knocking on the door.She awaits at the door, holding her hands, looking down, patiently waiting for Foulke to answer it. Miranda continues walking, soon getting near Foulkes quarters. She spots Raven, raising an eyebrow and continuing to walk forward casually, tapping her shoulder "Here to see him for something?" She asked. "Yes." Foulke staggers over to the door, the bottle in his hand, still unopened. He opens it up, and looks at her, still holding the photo. "Here to scold me for a joke?" He asked. "Nope, not really." Raven looks up at him. Miranda looks over at Foulke, sighing at the bottle in his hand, then back to Raven "Do I want to know? Because I kind of do." She said. "What you did was actually fine, it was just the possibility of him accidentally setting something alight from the shock." Said Raven plainly. "There's still a reason you came down here, though. What is it?" Foulke grunts, crashing into his bed. Miranda peeks over the taller Ravens shoulder, giving a scolding but also worried look toward Foulke."Well, just don't be a dick about peoples origins, I mean, you wouldn't like it if I, " Raven starts to talk in a terrible Texas cowboy accent, "Cally'ed yerr' a Libaturd' mistuh." - swinging her folded arm in a stereotypical manner. Returning to her normal accent, "Or mocked your accent." She finished. Miranda raises an eyebrow, putting a hand on Ravens shoulder, getting closer to her ear "Pardon my interruption of sorts, but the hell happened?" Asked Nagase. Incensed, Foulke switches to his native accent, looking at Raven dead in the eye. "This is my fackin' native accent, I just fackin' hide it becahze it's naht fackin' prahpuh t' fackin' talk like a fackin' fish fac'tree workah." Blurted out Foulke.

"He gave someone a scare who was smoking in the hangar-" Raven turns around to Foulke again, "Uh-huh. Well, do try your best to avoid conflict. I've only stood down for five minutes and something happened already." She said, crossing her arms. Miranda's eyes widen, her mouth forming an 'oh' look. She looks towards Foulke, her scolding look returning. "I was just making a goddamn joke. If you paid any attention, you'd know that's one of the only things keeping me sane," Foulke rants, pacing around and growing a bit frantic. "Right, sorry, but I heard it from the other side of the ship. Not to mention, cigarette. Safety hazard. He could have dropped it on a fuel tank or something. It's okay to make a joke, but - it looked like you two were about to break out to a fight." Said Raven. "Thank you. And no, the Order guy wouldn't ever goad me. It's not worth it to fight someone over that. I'd hope he was more mature." Responded Foulke. "He was probably having a moment to himself, hence the smoking and stargazing, being very uh - prone to reaction." Said Raven. "Like that matters.." Foulke scoffed, opening up the bottle and pondering it for a moment. Miranda steps back from the conversation, figuring it would be best for Raven to leave before she talked to Foulke. "What? Why wouldn't that matter? You wouldn't make a prank on someone who wasn't in a great mood. That could only aggravate them further." Said Raven. "He's an outsider who could be planning something, he's with the Order. I don't trust him for one minute." Replied Foulke, taking a swig from the bottle. Sighing, "Planning what? And I could have done the same with you, and anyone else, be constantly paranoid. Of course, I have to keep some level of guard but not let my paranoia get the best of me. That wouldn't make me any better than Golanski." Said Raven. "We're being watched by everyone, and that man still wears the goddamn all-seeing eye on his uniform. That's not paranoia, that's caution. He could be gathering Intel as we speak on our location, our specs, or crew, or whatever. Just like the LSF would." Foulke takes another swig.

"Too bad he can't get accurate data. Signal dampers, the guest level intentionally hinders scans. Besides, The Order has already been on the Eidolon before, I was captured once before after all." Retorted Raven."But now? That guy is probably trying to update information or something, with all this new crap about Initiative and Zeta Section. All this new garbage and..," he stammers, shaking his head. "And could be that now's the time to strike, since he probably heard the PA of you leaving." Said Foulke. "What." Raven laughs. "Ohhh Tanty wouldn't do that. Besides, he doesn't even know if he can't - you know - learn about it. Unless one of you twits had some loose pair of lips." Said Raven. "Tanty? That's what you call him, ah? What a goddamn piece of work. This whole operation, I..," he speaks before taking another swig. His New Bostonian accent surfaces a bit more as he drinks. Whatever is in the bottle must be strong. "He's here to investigate an infestee. Funnily enough, I saw an infested agent trying to sneak around earlier today." Said Raven in response. "Why can't we handle it, why does he need to be involved?" Asked Foulke. "Why can't we handle it? Well - gee - we lack intel and materials for specialized operations, and we're focusing on Ataraxia at the moment. The Order were formed to go against the Nomads, however hilarious that may be. Why stop him?" Said Raven. "Because they take a dump all over anything that they think might stand in their way, and mess up everything around them. Believe me." he says in a mixture of sorrow and anger, taking an especially large drink from the bottle. "Riii-iight. Well. I believe you. But should we really mark everyone as evil because of what clothing they wear?" Asked Raven. "You take things with a blank slate every time, and you'll find that someone will slip through the cracks. Profiling exists for a reason." Retorted Foulke.

"Mmm." Raven adjusted her stance slightly. "Don't mock me with those sounds.." Foulke muttered, drinking more. "What? I'm just affirming you." She sighed. "Foulke, drinking away your issues won't solve it..." she looks at him with concern, blinking. "No, but it keeps them at bay. Helps me cope because apparently no one will notice otherwise. Or understand," says Foulke, a tinge of guilt dripping from his voice. "Well, talking helps, I hear." Responded Raven. Miranda stands behind Raven, gulping heavily at Foulkes last statement. "Talking about what? More than a decade of nightmares and feeling like I'm always holding my dead friends in my arms while gunfire whizzes around me? Or that I'm back being bent over and punished as a child like I'm some kind of dog, and watching my twin get the same for looking like me? Or maybe when I'm getting mind-raped by a bunch of alien trying to kill me and my friends? Or maybe when the country I fought for for seven years decides I'm just a mind to probe for information. Hell, maybe I could talk about it with the LSF when they round up me and Cathy, just before they're about to shoot us in the head! Or screw it, having to shoot those kids back on Leeds a while back "for my country." Talking'll really goddamn help then, wouldn't it!? Especially since you're leaving and putting that one in charge, leaving me and Cathy alone to fend for ourselves, huh? Talking would really help, hm!?" Foulke rambles, gasping for air at the end. Raven stands there, blinking casually at him, keeping a neutral expression, "I never said you couldn't visit me." She replied. "You try talking about this stuff sober and not having a goddamn episode and feel like you're right back in those places." Foulke murmurs, taking a smaller swig. Miranda grits her teeth, still standing behind Raven, practically hiding behind the back of her at this point.

"You act like if you're the only one with issues. I've gone through my fair shares of the crapper myself, but, speaking how you feel, what you see, can help. Or maybe see things from a new light? Why did you choose to serve your house?" Asked Raven. "Because I believed in Liberty growing up. It was one of the only things I cared about. I saw my cousin Ryan actually going places in life with his Navy training and career, being a Commander and the like. And when I killed that other girl, I felt scared that something would happen. Instinct drove me to think it'd be best for me to follow in Ryan's footsteps like a good little boy. So no one would question any of what happened to Cheryl." Said Foulke. A long pause followed before Raven replied. "Do you regret it?" She asked. "I regret everything from the moment I didn't keep running away from home that rainy night. I could have had a better life, never knowing my aunt or anyone." Foulke said, visibly crying. Processing the scenario through her sociopathic mind, Raven tries to sympathize with him but fails. "Well, are you saying you don't wish to be here right now?" She steps back, looking towards Miranda, then back at him. "What would have made it better?" She asked. "Well maybe being able to end things properly. But I'm a coward. And I can't bear to leave others behind. Faces of the dead every time I close my eyes..." he says, drinking more. "I'm sorry, Cathy..." Muttered Foulke. Coming to an understanding, Raven recalls her time in the Core, realizing what he's trying to go through, "And was it in vain?" She asked. Miranda looks down, facing away from the situation. Tears visibly going down her face after all the years she's had this emotion pent up. She was only glad Raven was in front of her, shielding the conversation. "I don't know. Maybe I saved some lives. Took countless more. Maybe I'm messed up in the head or something. I'm good at the job. Wish I wasn't." Replied Foulke. "But the job happened for a reason, no?" Asked Raven. "Because of orders. And a good soldier follows orders." Foulke said, almost robotically.

"Yes, and even the orders have reasoning behind them. Sacrifices are sometimes made. People go down, it's... expected. Conflict is bloody, and - eh. I suppose I can sympathize with you on that regard, losing friends because of wars. Do you think you did the right thing? Following the orders?" Asked Raven. "I didn't think about whether it as the right thing or the wrong thing. I just did them because I felt I had no other choice." Replied Foulke. "Why did you feel such?" Raven curiously digs further into his past. "Because they whip you into an obedient dog. They say jump, and you are expected to leap. And I had no qualms doing what was necessary to accomplish my objectives. And I was already broken before. They found it easy to do it again." Responded Foulke. "Did you not want to serve your house? To be better than best?" Asked Raven. "I wanted to elevate myself from a Rogue enforcer who killed his aunt who used him for almost a decade for her own amusement. Maybe be a person, for once" said Foulke, wiping tears. "Do you feel like a person now?" Raven smiles warmly at him. "I don't know. I feel like I'm being betrayed again, even if it's not your fault. That's how messed up I am." Replied Foulke. "Well, want to talk about it?" Asked Raven. "What's there to talk about? I leave you end up having a goddamn baby with some asshole you met less than half a year ago, suddenly he's the big man, and now the only other person I really know on this ship besides Cathy decides to go on retreat in a palace on Honshu." Stated Foulke in a rather hostile tone. "Why do you feel like you're being betrayed?" she gives a dull long blink, "And hey, he's not an asshole, you know this. And no, I still yield the true title, he's only covering for me. I can't go out in meetings because of my condition." Replied Raven. She blinks, "I'm sure there's still remaining crew from the old 'Aux, but I have doubts you'd know them." She said. Miranda suddenly raises an eyebrow, stepping out from behind Raven looking between the two of them. Suddenly injecting herself out from her hiding spot "Pardon?" She asked. Foulke yelled incoherently, throwing the bottle at the wall after realizing Miranda was still there. He attempts to stand up, but staggers and falls. The liquid in the bottle appeared to have been a light green. Miranda looks to Foulke, worry in her eyes growing "What the hell was that last bit?" She asked. A strike of sorrow hits them when Raven analyzes his sentence of 'having a goddamn baby with some asshole you met less than half a year ago' - looking down briefly. Their inner consciousness fights again, the constructs returning to argue about logical decisions and being a mistake. She looks down to the floor, resuming the eternal arguments with their own consciousness.

Foulke pounds the floor repeatedly with his right hand. He cannot bring himself to move. He stops. "I'm a screw-up. I really am." He said, speaking to himself. Raven shakes her head. "You want to know the true definition of screw-up? I got my own child killed. You want to know what a screw-up is? Me. I've killed and destroyed families, villages, people - for one simple thing. To improve Humanity, to cleanse weakness - all out of lust or hatred. And well, apparently I've also made mistakes." She looks up from the floor, to glare at him "You're anything but a screw-up." Miranda gets down on the floor next to Foulke, crouching next to him, bewildered and confused and sad. "I just don't want him to fall Raven... I want him to put this stuff behind him... now he's... spouting things." Said Nagase. "Then stop looking at the past, look at the present, look towards the future. There's so many things you can do to help it. Help yourself, by helping others." Retorted Raven. Foulke seems to reach out at the photo from before. He drags it on the floor near him, and looks at it. "I'm just a goddamn Guardian. A foot soldier. I can't do much good anyways." Said Foulke. "Yes you can. Being small is actually the damn best thing. I sometimes wish I was in a minor position. Less power, people don't see you as some kind of golden figure, assassination is such a lower risk. You can make a change. Foulke, I believe in you. I /know/ you. Who cares what your rank is?" Said Raven. Miranda sits with Foulke, an arm over his back, her face near his "Listen to Raven about this Norman... please, for me, for everyone here, for yourself." Said Nagase. "Even that freak Four outranks me, and he couldn't even hold a goddamn conversation without looking like the BDM secret police. I'm obsolete." said Foulke, trying to push himself off the ground a little. She walks over in front of him, lending a hand out to him, offering to help him up, "So? You're not obsolete. Everyone is important, Foulke." Miranda continues to console him, looking him in the eye as he stares sullenly at the floor "Nobody obsolete... is worth holding onto for two and a half years so far, come on Foulke, I'm here for you, Raven is here for you. To help you..." Said Nagase in a calm tone. "Christ, how do you think I feel being unable to even sprint or climb? I feel so useless not being able to be out there on the No fighting. Seeing people need help." Said Raven. Foulke grabs the hand lightly, looking at Miranda. "Am I really worth holding on to? Even in this state." Asked Foulke. Miranda nods frantically "Yes, why am I here right now? In Auxesia? Because I wanted to follow you Norman. And even though it left me for a while... it never changed how much I wanted to find you, and stay with you." She smiled.

"Come on, remember how you got that Destroyer? Great stuff. Come on Foulke. You don't have to listen to dorks in Davara. But you can be better than best. "You've had a lot to drink, maybe you should get some rest?" Raven looks at her wrist device, noting the time. "It's also getting late." She said. "I don't have much else going on for me, do I?" Foulke murmurs, looking down for a moment. "Screw it. But I hope there's a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, Raven." He crawls over to the bed, resting his head. "I need time alone..." Miranda sighs, putting the bag on her shoulder down on the floor, stepping out of the room and behind Raven again. "Being alone won't help in the end, trust me, I've tried." Said Raven. "But in any case... well... you're welcome to visit the safehouse on Honshu. " she turns around, walking out slowly. "Just take care, and remember, your friends are always here for you." She walks out of the room, going back to her quarters, falling asleep in her bed with Hunt, grasping him, hugging him intimately, though she fell asleep with her clothes on. Miranda sighs, feeling a temperature on her head, dragging herself back to her room. She changes and lies in bed, wondering just what she's been doing wrong, before fading off to sleep at the crack of dawn. Some people were sleeping in on the Eidolon today.

Within the earliest hours of the morning, Raven and Hunt awoke slowly and began their preparations to leave. They stripped down and bathed, got dressed and made breakfast in their quarters. Hunt had gone and woken Aria up, who - while the food was being prepared - bathed herself and changed into some casual clothing for the day. The three sat down and enjoyed same waffles, bacon and eggs, chatting amongst themselves about their impending departure. Finished with their meals, they cleaned up and collected anything they might've forgotten. As they approached the door, the two women tackled Hunt with another hug, as they've done many times before. They chuckled and left their quarters.They walked through the corridors, side by side, as Hunt and Raven had locked their arms with each other, slowly heading to the hangar. Their fighters were already loaded up with their bags, the drones, and the relay. As they walked, chuckling amongst themselves, a sense of sadness emitted ever so faintly between the two partners, knowing how difficult and lonely the distance will be, as they had become unaccustomed to being apart. They knew, however, that it was for the best. To protect that which they chose to create from the dangers they face on a daily basis. Arriving finally in the hangar, the two shared a kiss, and the three shared a hug, and headed to their respected spacecraft. They prepared to launch, locking their communications to a three-way channel between themselves to avoid any distractions. They had a long flight ahead of them.

[Image: kuTehm9.jpg]
Nearing the end of their journey, the trio passed through the Sigmas from Rheinland. Oddly, the trip felt longer than it was, as it was only just before noon. It felt as though they had been flying all day. They spoke to one another over the channel as they headed in to the Crow Nebula to deploy the relay. It detached from the hull of the aged Prosecutor and began to transmit, as the familiar sense of their connection strengthened in the region of space they would be occupying. They expressed their feelings through the connection, relishing in the warmth the presence of each others minds created. They arrived, and passed through the gate in to Honshu, and began the rapid lane transit to the planet. They entered the atmosphere per the regular docking procedure, and avoided the public landing zone. Instead, they headed Northwest, over the city and islands to the farthest point of the colonized world. As they approached, a single tower was visible on the horizon, sat at the precipice over the great blue expanse of an ocean that covered the planet's surface. A wall surrounded the base of the tower, as well as a private landing pad. An automated A.M.U 'Spider' Mech walked the courtyard, with armed guards in variations of the C-1 combat armor. Anti-Air towers dotted the corner of the wall, with laser trip-wires lining the top. Several vehicles - armored or otherwise - awaited in a parking spot near the front of the massive building. A guarded gate with a bio-metric scanner stood at the end of the road, blocking entry to any who would approach. Cameras and sensors lined the walls and exterior of the great tower. The three set down and exited their craft, stretching after being sat for so long. They collected their things and gathered together on the platform. Locking arms once more, the trio descended the stairs from the landing pad and entered the front of the tower to the lobby, which had in its self, several more armored guards.

The two women looked around cautiously and nervously, uncertain of their new home. The trio entered an elevator at the end of the lobby, and began the ascension to the top floor - the residential section of the Iwamoto Tower. The ride was several minutes long. As they reached the top, two more guards greeted them and waited on either side of a door, which its self was secured with a bio-metric scanner. Raven approached and pressed her hand to it. A small, affirming 'beep' was heard as the door lock mechanism deactivated. The three hurried in to the massive home, and descended from the balcony entrance. The newly renovated apartment had changed from the familiar crimson and red wall color to beige and charcoal, with tints of blue in other rooms. The Balcony was sealed with a folding canopy, and the kitchen was restocked for the duration of the next few months. The master bedroom was re-done, beyond the hidden workshop beneath the dragon emblem on the wall. A guest room further down the hall - being the next door over - had been redone with the custom crib created by Hunt and Glass. A child's room. Now connection to the master bedroom was an office, where a terminal awaited to be modified for connection to the uplink. The drones begun to examine and explore their new surroundings, establishing themselves in a recently built medical room - excluding one unit, which accompanied Raven to the new office. Raven begun to set up the terminal for work, and placed her diary down as she did. Aria, on the other hand, returned to the room she had stayed in before to unpack her equipment and clothing. She took off her jacket and decided to loiter on the balcony, staring out over the ocean. Hunt begun to unpack Raven's bag and place her clothing in the closet. He took her medicine bag and placed it by the dresser, unsure where Raven would prefer to keep it.

After establishing themselves, Hunt and Raven explored the three-story apartment together, talking about future plans and teasing each other as they often do. They seemed almost unwilling to want to part from each other's company, but knew that this was one of the few times they will see each other over the next year. Thus, they spent the day together, cuddling on the couch or elsewhere. At one point, the duo of Aria and Raven took up to torturing Hunt with games again, laughing at the results. As dinner was prepped and eaten, Aria returned to the living room to read her datapad, as Hunt and Raven retired to the master bedroom hand-in-hand, for a session of intimacy. They emerged over an hour later in bathrobes, happy and arms locked. The two went to the balcony, and spent the remainder of the evening watching the sunset, embraced in the warmth of each others company as they stared out at the vast expanse of the blue ocean of Honshu.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 08-16-2016

Phantom Feelings

Miranda shuffles quietly through the halls of the Wraith, the lights of the ship dimmed for the evening. She makes her way towards the medbay, rapping softly on the door of Michael Glass.
"Jeez I hope he isn't sleeping right now or something..."
The brief sounds of a struggle could be heard from the other end of the door, followed by low-key wincing and something falling over, which was complimented by an audible sigh. The door swung open slowly and Michael poked his head out carefully, leaning on one of his crutches. "Do you require something?"
Miranda's eyes widen, staring awkwardly towards the man in charge of the med bay. "I urr, wanted to see William..." Michael chuckled slightly at the formality. "The Med-bay is open access. You can visit him as much as you like. He was moved to isolation room three. The door is open." Michael pointed further down the hall towards the med-bay.

William was still resting there, his body peacefully lying dormant and seemingly oblivious to the world around him. His hair had grown a bit, and a beard was forming once more around his chiseled chin. A certain warmth seemed to emanate from him.

Is that who I think it is...?

She nods quickly, putting a hand on her shoulder "Thank you, sorry for waking you up." She smiles and quietly moved towards the room
Miranda moves towards the room Glass pointed out, turning and putting a hand on the border of the door once she reached it. She takes a deep breath, pushing the door in and peering into the room, gasping to herself at the sight of Foulke comatose body. She steps in, closing the door behind her, and moves closer to Foulke. She observes every feature of what she could clearly see, notably his face. She leans in closer, inspecting his face and stroking a hand down Foulke cheek, shuddering to herself at the rough texture of the forming facial hair.

[Image: e773477385.png]

It is her. Miranda's here. Thank god. I can feel her somehow.

His skin still felt incredibly warm, Miranda sighs to herself, oncing over Foulkes features once more before taking a few steps back, easing her sore back and bottom into the chair. She simply sits there, staring at Foulkes closed eyes, but the steady rise and fall of his chest still reassured her.

I wish I could see her with my eyes. But they won't open... Nothing is listening to me. Dammit.

He tried in vain to move his limbs, firing off the neural pathways that would instinctually lead to movement. But as usual, nothing happened.
Miranda continues staring curiously at Foulke as she looks over to her bag, digging out a small breakfast snack...

I wish I could hear her. Feel her. Just... Be able to perceive her being here in front of me.

The melody played in his head, distantly. He mentally dismissed it, instead trying to focus on what he thought was Miranda.
Miranda pulls a pancake out of a zip bag, quietly chewing it. She digs inside of her bag again, digging out a small bowl of fruit. With the bowl in hand, pancake in the other, She walks over to Foulkes bed. She looks down at him, still silent, laying the fruit basket by his side, next to his ribs.
He tried to picture what she might be doing. Knowing her, she was probably being as quiet as usual, looking at him. It gave him some comfort to know someone was caring for him. Miranda and that other person.
Miranda smiles, moving her hand around into Foulkes, entwining them together. Miranda moves and sits back down, moving her seat closer so she can sit by Foulke and hold his hand.
The room felt warmer as she grabbed his hand. Unnaturally, yet comfortingly. It was as if everything was glowing.
Miranda smiles, sitting with Foulke, it felt she could just be here with him, for days... It wasn't often they got time to themselves, and even though this wasn't the best time... Miranda makes the most of it. Holding Foulkes hand in one hand, and in the other eating a pancake.

She feels closer for some reason. Like I can reach out and touch her.

William pictured his arm slowly rising and moving his hand to caress Mira's face gently. The image gave him a degree of comfort.
Miranda finishes her breakfast shortly after, scarfing down the small meal. She bites her lip and squeezes Foulkes hand, still tender in her trip though. She felt tired, but couldn't fall asleep, this was the first time she had seen Foulke so far... And she wanted a night to watch him. She had to make up for not being there when all this happened.

RE: Auxesia - Stories on the Eidolon Wraith - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 08-18-2016

Demon On The Horizon

Hunt woke up to find Raven had gone out for a flight. The two spoke briefly over the link as he proceeded to change his bandages and shower. He dressed himself up in a red button-up shirt and black cargo pants, as is his usual casual wear. He walked out to the living room and brought up his PD.

[TEXT: Hunt > Tantalus: "I'm around if you're still wanting to talk. We can meet at the Keeper's chamber."]

After sending the message, Hunt left their quarters and worked his way through the halls of the Wraith to the Keepers chamber. He stepped in and closed the door of the empty meeting room. Tantalus, walking through the hallways of the Wraith, digs out his datapad.

[Text-> Hunt: "I'm just walking around the Wraith, i'll meet up with you ASAP"]

He sighs in relief, putting his datapad away and picking up his pace down the hallway.

[TEXT: Hunt > Tantalus: "Sounds good. Just uh, knock when you get here. The drones know you're coming, so they won't bug you."]

Tantalus continues walking down the hallway, eventually coming up in front of the Keepers Quarters. He digs out his datapad again, reading the message, relieved he read that before barging in. He puts away the datapad, rapping on the door. Hunt walks over to the door and pulls it open. "Come on in." The interior was a rather dark, calming room. A long conference table occupied the center, with a rather extravagant chair at the furthest end, obviously for the Keeper. Tantalus nods, following Hunt in, looking around the room and letting out a long whistle."This would make Golanski jealous." He said with an impressed expression on his face. "Raven's personal hiding spot. One of many. Also where we have meetings." Hunt walked over to the extravagant chair and sat down next to it. "Take a seat. Let's talk this Osiris business." Tantalus walked over to the chair closest to the end, pulling it out and taking a breath as he sits. He sets his arms up on the table, cradling his head in thought. "There's a lot to think about... It's not everyday you steal one of the Order's battleships." Tantalus notes. "It isn't every day you steal a Liberty Navy Dreadnought, either." Hunt smirked and crossed his arms. Tantalus smirks back, confident in the Auxesian's past. "Well said, but with me here and a few others who have fought for and against the Order before, I feel like there's enough brainpower here to put something together." He looks down at the table. "The first thing we would have to do is set up the location."

"Already have something in mind. Raven and I spoke briefly about it last night. Problem is - The Fedayeen just arrived in Coronado. That leaves the Order with five capital ships present in the Borderworlds. Six, including the Razgriz." Hunt said. "The Fedayeen? The damn mobile flagship is here now... That makes the Razgriz, Oathkeeper, Amenhotep, Tombstone, and The Fedayeen... who's the sixth then?" Asked Tantalus. "Atum. The Crayterians have declared that neither the Order or Auxesia are permitted to fire on one-another within Crayter space." Hunt replied. "So Coronado is out of the question." Said Tantalus. Hunt adjusted his seating position, wincing slightly as he leaned forward. "Most likely, unless you feel like ruining the Order's reputation and risking Auxesias. However, we've been learning who will be where during their planned assault. If we manage to find out where the Atum, or a majority of its personnel will be, that gives us Inverness to act on. Which works as a plausible cover story." Hunt rolls his shoulders slightly. "The people we have on Sabah working on the refit report it lacks additional drydock space. The Invergordon space port remains open and available for refit and repairs. You could potentially request temporary access to remove the trackers on the Razgriz." He said. "The Order wouldn't be too happy about Auxesians in Inverness, the Atum's defense wings would move immediately to intercept." Tantalus commented. Tantalus rubs his temples, thinking of a plan. "Invergordon would work, however there's the problem of getting off the Atum's grid first, and for that they'd need to believe the Razgriz got completely destroyed." Tantalus adds. "The Eidolon is already in Inverness. We're conducting a project with Invergordon and the IRG. The Arktos can easily slip in through Newcastle and possibly confront the Razgriz in open space." Hunt paused, rethinking his words. "Or... The Razgriz confronts the Arktos. That'd fool the crew in to thinking it's a real combat situation."

"It would have a pretty good effect in front of the Other Order capitals, its not hard to convince them to have the Razgriz move temporarily into Inverness either." Tantalus adds. Hunt rubs his temples briefly. "Damaged reactor, maybe? Infestees - and now Nomad Purifier-classes are being confronted all over." He said. "Exactly, even if they think I'm lying about the Reactor, they still have to take me to the more equipped Atum to see."

Sapphire Raven was leaning in the doorway, sneaking up behind Tantalus. "Too bad they'll try to drag it back huh? Or - you know - we could get them while distracted." Hunt looked from Tantalus to Raven mid-sentence. "The Razg- Oh, hello Keeper." He said as a slight smile dawned his face at the sight of his partner. Tantalus puts a finger up, pointing it in the vague direction of Raven behind him, hardly surprised. "Depending on how the confrontation goes with Arktos, it may be necessary to actually damage the Razgriz to pull this off, or plan one hell of a big explosion." Raven takes a seat, slumbering herself down, putting her feet up on the desk with slight groans. "They're preeeetty distracted by the whole Tau-117. I'm not sure if the Atum will actually be deployed.I tried sniffing for info, hired a broker to go find out." Tantalus leans back slightly, thinking. "The Atum is still in Inverness, and has been there long enough that its equipped for ship repairs. They would need to take the Razgriz to the Atum to prove any sort of damage, and by then the plan would be in effect." Raven leans back in the chair, attempting to relax. "Hrrrmmmm. What if... we tip off the Core? Golanski is in the Independent Worlds. Mostly separated from Mu. He has nowhere to hide. Thus - distractions can be created." Hunt stroked his chin briefly, thinking on Raven's suggestion. "Can we trust the Core to not reveal the source?" Raven looked at him and raised a brow slightly. "Reveal what. Oh, us tipping them off?" She asked. Hunt nodded in response. "The source of the information, yes." He said. "Maybe I can tell them." Raven added. Hunt shook his head. "If the Crayterians catch wind of us assisting the Core against the Order even temporarily, that's the end of any relationship we might've had." He retorted. Tantalus' face contorts in a strange way. "Working with the Core? Seems like simpler times." He sighs, looking down at his weathered hands. Raven sighed slightly and tapped her finger on her chair. "Could tell the Bretonians. They hate the Order too. Eh - although..." Hunt interjected. "Bretonia wouldn't really care. They're more focused on the Gallic war. No. Our best option is to stage the Razgriz being confronted by the Arktos or vice versa." He said. Raven continued her sentence. "They may know and... yeah."

"That still means removing the transponder and tracking devices. But - wait. The Tombstone captain mentioned that the ship was 'lost'? Or missing, rather." Hunt said, leaning back in to his chair slowly. "Or - something." Raven commented. "Could be lying." She said. "Possibly, but remember - The Order cut Tantalus off, and some smaller patrols, as well as the Amenhotep, weren't in contact and experiencing a similar blackout. It may be that there's a reason behind it. Or - They might just be that incompetent these days to not even communicate with their people." Hunt added. Tantalus raised a finger. "The Transponders could be removed in space after the confrontation... could fake the Razgriz's death well enough the Order moves off to ignore it since they're heavily focused right now on Tau-117. The Order knows why they cut me off. I'm sitting in front of the reason why. I'm sitting on the reason why." Hunt shook his head and turned to Tantalus. "So they've caught wind." He said. Raven looked at a map on her Personal Device. "Why Inverness? Why not Puerto Rico?" She asked. "Inverness has the Atum's defense grid, you're more likely to provoke the Order there, they'll also likely engage since its out of Crayterian space." Answered Tantalus. Hunt looked between the two briefly. "That's what we want, right? It needs to appear real, and since a majority of the Order's forces will be focused on Tau-117, they won't see it coming when one of their warships opens fire on the Arktos. You're acting on the kill order issued by the Grand Admiral, outside of Crayter space. The Razgriz loses and its destruction is faked." Hunt said. "Yes but they'll track on to him, especially if he's been cut off, eh. I don't know." Answered Raven unsure. "Its risky, but better than engaging in Coronado." Mentioned Tantalus.

Hunt nodded. "We hit them while distracted. They won't divert forces or delay their operation for one Osiris that's moving to a secondary position, now would they? If it appears as though the Razgriz opened fire, any Order vessels present will recognize it as enacting the kill order. Worst case - We can record the scenario and publish a news update on the Order acting aggressively in the Borderworlds despite being offered assistance. It ruins their image even further, and puts up a public video display of the fight." He said, crossing his arms. Tantalus nodded slightly. "What of the Aftermath? The Crayterians will likely see this, It would appear Auxesia would be acting in self defense, so I doubt that would damage their reputation too badly. But what happens when Auxesia is flying around with a ship named the Razgriz?" He asked. Hunt chuffed. "Why would it matter? The Order already shoot us on sight. At least now they'll have a real reason to. It can remain hidden for a while, if we leave enough evidence at the scene." Hunt retorted. "Maybe we could scrounge up some scrap whilst we move the ship to be repaired. We do have the Junkers after all." Added Tantalus.

Hunt shook his head. "Scrap might not be enough. What about the wreckage of the Vengeance in Cortez? It's the most recently destroyed ship in the region. It's Liberty tech, and essentially unrecognizable in its current state." Hunt typed in to his PD briefly, bringing up a holo-display.
[Image: SbeAWT7.png]
"Scorch it slightly with some plasma, melt off the paint and drag it to the site." Hunt said, examining the wreckage. Tantalus looks over the image, looking heavily at the scrap. "It's Libertonian tech correct? Scorch it like you said and its indistinguishable from an Osiris." He said in agreement. Hunt nodded. "Exactly. Same silhouette, same origins. They'll see scorched metal and assume the worse." Raven shook her head slowly. "Designs are always different..." She added. "Material... Eh... I guess it works." She said. The situation was stressful and worrisome. "They won't put that much time in to investigating it if the crew is recovered. They'd have a testimony of the combat situation." Hunt retorted. "Both of the models were designed in Liberty, the schematics have hardly changed since then. The most important thing is playing off this confrontation, needs to be big enough to get all the crew off, might actually need to lob something heavy at the Razgriz." Tantalus added, examining the wreckage briefly. "How about... I sent out a communication that can be intercepted by them. Me arranging a date to give you 'info'." Raven added with some finger quotes. "For what reason?" Hunt raised a brow at her. "So it isn't coincidental that we meet up." She replied. "Would have to be burst transmission, low encryption. You never know who could show up." Tantalus added. "He said they knew Tant' was on the Wraith. So... Make it seem like he got back-stabbed." Raven said. Hunt nodded slightly. "Or alternatively, he makes it to the rendezvous and decides to enact the kill order." He added. Tantalus rubs his neck slightly. "So, comm would be sent, Order ships would trail. And Auxesia would 'backstab' me at the meeting?" Raven shrugs. "Okay - but think about it, why would it go there? They'll start questioning it." She said. "Call it tricking the enemy. He's been trying to get close to us so he could have a shot at killing us." Hunt notes. "If he really was... He'd be in contact. So no."

Hunt chuckled silently to himself at the thought of his own words before he spoke. "Unless he doesn't want them to be aware of his plan due to fear of it being spoiled. You know how certain Overwatch members are loose about intelligence." Tantalus chuckles "You've no idea... But its still a complicated event... I say our best route is still the supply route ambush." He said. Raven sighed and looked down at her round abdomen. "Yeah... right... I'm just..." She stands up, stretching, being annoyed by her son again, "You can keep discussing. I have some 'things' to take care of." She turns around, leaving the room. "So what if Tantalus organizes the meeting with - Oh..." Hunt frowns slightly. The two began to communicate with each other through their link. Tantalus grimaces, waving Raven off. "So... Hunt." Tantalus crosses his arms. "What are your thoughts on it, we basically have three options to choose from here." Hunt looks to Tantalus. "Have they made contact with you at all recently?" Hunt asked. "Yesterday, but we had to scram due to some Infested." Replied Tantalus. "Anything confrontational?" Hunt asked. "Partially... Hunter had deduced that I was with Auxesia, completely and wholly." Replied Tantalus with a slightly sour tone. "Have you told him anything or argued the point?" Asked Hunt. "I did argue the point with him, his argument was to brush it off and attack Auxesia for their 'Childishness and irrelevance'." Replied Tantalus. Hunt chuckled at the comment. "And what was your response?" He asked. "Its hard to to rebut when you're running away from Aliens, but the best I could do was explain Auxesia's lack for a want of aggression if the Order hadn't initiated it in the first place." Replied Tantalus. Hunt sighed and shook his head slowly, rubbing his chin in thought.

"Hrm. That rules out playing the loyalist card that I had in mind. I think we'll just have to go with the interception run. The Order knows we operate in the Borderworlds. The Fedayeen was intercepted by the entirety of the Basilisk wing and as expected - The Order threatened violence. They know we're here. The Crayterians know we're here. The Navy and Armed Forces know we're here. It's a tense situation." Hunt rubbed the bridge of his nose briefly. "We aren't left with a lot of choices, especially with the Gallics in Magellan. Inverness is our best option. The Razgriz doesn't make the supply run as it openly engages the Arktos in open space. Perhaps set up an emergency warning to evacuate, and we have the Basilisks detonate torpedoes in the nebula to simulate the explosion of the ship in Avlemore, and the remains of the Vengeance are put in place around the escape pods, or at least near enough to be discovered for them to assume what had happened. That leaves us with where the ship will be taken after the fight." Hunt finished.

"Invergordon? Either that or we'd have to tow it out to the IMG." Added Tantalus. "Possibly, but that means backtrackin- Oh no it doesn't. Newcastle. We'd need to be in contact with the Guild. We could even use the Meridian Circle and get in touch with the Junkers in Puerto Rico." Hunt said. "As long as its protected on its journey, we could track around the Order, things would be relatively painless as long as its repaired and back in action quickly." Tantalus mentioned. "Worst case we can fix it up with the repair ships well enough that it's able to move on its own. Internal damage and serious combat damage would need to be done at a shipyard. We can circle the ship from Inverness to Newcastle, through to the Taus. That means bypassing the Gallics, which can easily be done during one of their fights with Liberty or Bretonia. Their focus will be elsewhere." Hunt stated, rubbing his face. "Well we don't need to /destroy/ the damn thing, but likely disable it to convince the Order and the Razgriz's crew the ships a goner." Added Tantalus. "Exactly why the repair ships will be necessary." Said Hunt. "Aye. Disable the ship, Auxesia will chase the Order off after the Razgriz's crew evacuates, and then we bring in the wreckage of the Vengeance to mask the ship once we leave. Maybe set off a few more Nova torpedoes with the Basilisks to make it look like the ship was shredded to pieces." Said Tantalus. "Exactly. The Crew testifies that the Razgriz initiated the combat out of fear when it encountered Auxesia and to enact the kill order, and that takes suspicion off of you. You died obeying orders and attempting to complete your duty, and any political fallout falls on the Order for initiating combat once again. The ship ends up repaired and possibly refit, and returns to active duty. Commanded by the same person who died on it." Said Hunt with a small smirk.

Tantalus smirks, running his hands through his hair and leaning back. "Seems quite a title... Dead commander piloting a dead ship." He said. "You're sitting across from someone who was once considered dead twice by the same House." Hunt shrugs. "Either way, we'll need to finalize a plan of action, and get in touch with either the Junkers or the Independent Miners Guild." Hunt said, adjusting his seating position again. "And after everything's finalized, I'll need to rattle off comm's to Admiral Hunter and he will get the ball rolling." Finished Tantalus. Tantalus shuffles in his chair, standing up. "So, that'll be all then Hunt?" He asked. "For now." Hunt nods. "Keep in touch." Tantalus nods back, giving a short salute "I will Hunt, for now I have to head back to the Razgriz, get everything together. Let me know once things on your end are in place." He leaves the room, immediately heading for the Hangar and strapping into a Nephthys fighter. The Nepththys speeds out of the Hangar, quickly heading back to Coronado and docking aboard its mother ships bays. The ship remains, staring into the blazing horizon of Coronado. Hunt sighs and carefully stands up, being wary to not damage his surgical wound. He left the Keeper's chambers and wandered the halls back to his and Raven's quarters, where he would proceed to join her in an attempted rest, solely for the purpose of comforting her while she attempted to sleep.