Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet (/showthread.php?tid=140886)

To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet - Maltese Armed Forces - 07-06-2016

[Transmission Initiated]

[Comm ID]
Commander Randall Marcato Santiago
Maltese 72nd Fleet

[Receiver ID]
The Gallic Council of National
Freedom and Unity

[Subject]
Cooperative Efforts/Negotiating Cease-Fire

[Encryption]
Alpha - High
[Priority]
Alpha - High

[Transmission Begins]

Hola.. or, Bonjour as you would say.

I am Fleet Commander Randall Santiago, speaking on behalf of the entirety of the Republic of Malta, as well as her armed forces. I have decided to send this transmission today in the hopes that the Council will see beyond the regrettable decision that was made not long ago, and will instead attempt at the hopes for a new era of peaceful nature and cooperation.

I am aware of what occurred as the Council forces broke through the barricade in the system of Omicron Tau. While I cannot return and spare the lives lost, I can assure you that the Republic, as well as her armed forces, does not condone the acts that happened that day. Needless violence ensued, and the Council paid in blood what the Maltesian people have lacked in sympathy and diplomacy for many years.

However, it is my belief that the Republic is honor-bound to help the Council in their fight against the forces of the Royalists, in any way, shape and form. This is where the primary focus of this transmission lies. I am requesting that Council consider a form of cease-fire between their forces and those of the Republic of Malta. The pointless fighting only aids the Royalists, and lives are needlessly lost on a petty feud that shouldn't be in effect. To dare brush at an old phrase from back when, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

While indeed the Council may not see the Republic as a 'friend', I dare to say that we are indeed mutual defendants against the Royal Navy, and conflict between our two people only hampers progress.

I will leave this channel open and monitor it for your response. I look forward to putting this terrible sabre-rattling to end, and focusing on the true and imminent threat.

Vale, et felicitate.

Regards,
Fleet Commander Randall Marcato Santiago, Task Force Imperium, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

[Transmission Terminated]

RE: To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet - Thyrzul - 07-06-2016

Initialisation...

Intensité du signal: __ 080%
Encodage: __________ PLUS FORT

Source: ________ Marne, Champagne
Expéditeur: ____ Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil _________ [C]
Destinataire(s): Fleet Commander Randall Marcato Santiago ___ 72nd|

Sujet: _________ Re: Cooperative Efforts/Negotiating Cease-Fire

Transmission entrée...

Bonsoir Fleet Commander Santiago,

Je suis Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil, et I have to say your message surprises me. Not the kind I would expect from a Maltese after years of hostilities between us. Not too convincing either, not just because of past experiences my kind had of yours, but while you claim to communicate et represent the will of entirety of the Maltese, last time I remember the Crimson Cross being the most influential among you. Until I receive confirmation of your words from other sources I have to consider these words as your own only, nothing more.

While your alleged intentions are noble, scepticism et distrust towards your kin runs deep among my men. I can of course order them to refrain from outright hostilities et approach with caution at most when encountering the 72nd Fleet, as well as prioritise GRN targets over yours. These orders can be extended if it turns out the rest of the Maltese thinks likewise.

In return I would like to ask a few things. I don't know what you know about us, mais Le Conseil Gaulois is not simply against the Gallic Royal Navy, it is for the Gallic people first et foremost. Past killing royal pigs our goals also extend to trying to preserve Gallia as great as possible, I'd prefer taking a whole house back from the tyranny than a ruin of what it used to be.

That means foreign warships within Gallic space without prior notice et permission, like your MNS Aurora a few weeks ago in Languedoc, can easily be interpreted as an act of aggression, I'd advise against it if you really want a ceasefire. Unlawful acts against Gallic civilians, like piracy, will not be tolerated either. I'd also advise against Cardamine transport et distribution within Gallia or the Tau region. The Council have fought your kind to prevent them defiling our own with that thing, et will fight your fleet as well should you intend to continue the example your predecessors set.

Lastly, if you really want to get rid of the Royal Navy, I would recommend approaching the Crayter Republic with a similar ceasefire proposal. They have so far been a quite useful ally against the GRN, as well as other Maltese, so if not even against a common foe, but at least for your own sake I'd say it's better not to take up the fight with them.

I have to say your approach was indeed a pleasant surprise, a refreshing change. I am awaiting your response.

Sincèrement,
Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil
Général en Chef Du Conseil

[Image: aYg3Fq0.png]

RE: To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet - Maltese Armed Forces - 07-09-2016

[Transmission Initiated]

[Comm ID]
Commander Randall Marcato Santiago
Maltese 72nd Fleet

[Receiver ID]
The Gallic Council of National
Freedom and Unity

[Subject]
Cooperative Efforts/Negotiating Cease-Fire

[Encryption]
Alpha - High
[Priority]
Alpha - High

[Transmission Begins]

Hola, General LaFlamme.

I am pleased to hear your response, and I can understand your skepticism. The people of the Maltese Nation have not been kind of those of the Council, and while at most what I can do is not condone their actions, in time I will be seeing them repaid for their actions. However, for the sake of consistency and understanding, I feel that I must clarify a few things, so that you may better understand the situation the Republic faces.

The Republic, by which I refer to the Democratic People's Republic of Malta, is what you would call a separatist state
opposing the Maltese Nation headed by the fanatical group known as the Crimson Cross. While I do say I represent the entirety of the Republic, I mean only the Republic. I cannot, unfortunately, represent the minds and thoughts of every Maltesian, as that is simply not possible. I can, however, represent the nation that follows me and the leadership above me.

However, back to the matter at hand...

I understand your goals, and I admire them in all honesty. The mantra of the Fleet itself, 'Do not combat noncombatants', is stylized off of the revolutionary factions around us, notably the Kusari Imperials, the Commonwealth of Liberty, and even the Council itself. While the Fleet's, and by extension the Republic's, dilemma is solely with the Royalist Navy, the civilian populace of Gallia has made it increasingly difficult to operate against the Crown without acting against them as well.

However, for the sake of a ceasefire, I will see to it that Operation Cortar, our op that has our forces 'pirating' civilian traffic, is put on hold until a more proper way to deal with the situation is thought of. It was created out of lack of knowledge and was to only be a temporary affair, anyways. I will also see that our focus is shifted towards the Taus and Northern Bretonia, namely Leeds and Edinburgh, so as to keep out of Gallic space. I cannot promise that the fleet will stay out of Gallia, as pursuits of Royalist ships may force it, but we will respect the Council's wishes.

On the level of Cardimine transport, however, our pledge will be heard loud and clear. The Fleet, the Republic and myself included, abhors the dealing of Cardimine towards the other houses. Of course, for those already affected within the fleet, measures must be taken, and units of the substance transported within the fleet and to fleet outposts and personnel across Sirius. The Fleet will not, however, follow the course of our misguided brethren. On the level of Cardimine, we are both in agreement.

I will open a relay channel towards the Crayterians once I am able, as their help will no doubt be crucial in turning the tide of this war. As for personal reasons, I also have many to consider them an.. 'ally' in this fight as well. Our hope is that they are willing to let differences fade and accept that we are simply another nation fighting in this war for our people.

Until we speak next.

Vale, et felicitate.

Regards,
Fleet Commander Randall Marcato Santiago, Task Force Imperium, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

[Transmission Terminated]

RE: To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet - Maltese Armed Forces - 07-19-2016

---- ---- --{Retransmitting Signal}-- ---- ----

RE: To: The Gallic Council ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet - Thyrzul - 08-06-2016

Initialisation...

Intensité du signal: __ 080%
Encodage: __________ PLUS FORT

Source: ________ Marne, Champagne
Expéditeur: ____ Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil _________ [C]
Destinataire(s): Fleet Commander Randall Marcato Santiago ___ 72nd|

Sujet: _________ Re: Cooperative Efforts/Negotiating Cease-Fire

Transmission entrée...

Bonsoir Fleet Commander Santiago,

Excuse-moi for my late response, I've notified my own not to attack pilots of the 72nd Maltese Fleet. On the other hand I also instructed them to report any hostilities your Maltese may initiate against us, of course stressing out that self-defense is permitted as always. I really hope such won't be necessary at all, et if our people can indeed work together, I can see our relations getting even better.

Sincèrement,
Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil
Général en Chef Du Conseil

[Image: aYg3Fq0.png]