Discovery Gaming Community
Language use on the Forums: - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Language use on the Forums: (/showthread.php?tid=14094)

Language use on the Forums: - Marburg - 11-28-2008

For a while now, there has been a pattern of forum members slacking off on self-censorship when choosing the wording of their posts, & it's time to get back on the ball with it.

This is the rule:

Quote:1. Not allowed on Discovery forums:

- Posting abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, racist materials;
- Advertising, especially commercial advertising, except (1) advertising your own gaming websites or forums or (2) your own game servers;
- Adult content or links to adult content;
- Posting libel, defamatory, threatening materials and any law-violating materials;
- Posting copyrighted material that does not belong to you and redistribution of which was not allowed by the owner.

Violating this will in most cases lead to a ban.

2. Using bad language on forums is not allowed without any exceptions. We've got bad word filters, but this does NOT give you right to use harsh language.

What I reccomend is to follow George Carlin's -->Seven Dirty words you can't say on TV<--

Remember that there are all different types of people on the server of all ages, & we all have to exercise a little restraint now & then, & if you think you are about to add a post that contains any words that might be "iffy", then exercise your ability to exorcise it...after all, better safe than sorry.

I trust that this is as clear as a bell to all.

Language use on the Forums: - mwerte - 07-08-2009

[color=#FFCC33]BUMP!!

Language use on the Forums: - Zelot - 12-31-2010

Bump

Hey don't depend on the forum filters to allow you to curse on the forums. We still know what you are saying, and there will still be consequences.

Heed my words lest I be forced to drop my spork upon thee.

Language use on the Forums: - Zelot - 04-20-2011

' Wrote:Bump

Hey don't depend on the forum filters to allow you to curse on the forums. We still know what you are saying, and there will still be consequences.

Heed my words lest I be forced to drop my spork upon thee.

I guess this needs another bump. I am going to try something different this time. I am going to show you all what I send to people when they get banned for violating the forum language rules. If you don't want the ban in the first place, it may be better to learn from the preview.

Quote:
The use of curse words on the forums is against the rules of the forums and the server, and in violation of the terms you agreed to when making an account on the forums. We have wonderful filters to obscure curse words that are posted on the forums, but this does not remove your responsibility to follow not only the letter of the rules, but the spirit of them as well. Whether the filters catch the word or not, and whether you typed the word or asterisks in place of the word, the intent is the same. Your language in the thread listed below was found to be inappropriate by at least two members of the forum staff and as a result your forum posting privileges have been suspended for 24 hours. Repeating this behavior will lead to more severe consequences.

If you have any question regarding this, please feel free to send me a pm.

Cursing, don't do it on the forums, if you do, expect consequences.

Language use on the Forums: - Zelot - 05-15-2011

' Wrote:
I guess this needs another bump. I am going to try something different this time. I am going to show you all what I send to people when they get banned for violating the forum language rules. If you don't want the ban in the first place, it may be better to learn from the preview.

Cursing, don't do it on the forums, if you do, expect consequences.

BUMP!

Language use on the Forums: - Zelot - 08-24-2011

Bump.

Stop the cursing folks, it isnt acceptable in posts, and it isnt acceptable in sigs, even if it's asterisked out. Be creative, cursing is not needed, wanted, nor will it be accepted here.

Language use on the Forums: - Zelot - 03-07-2012

Bump.

Stop it.