Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 02-03-2009

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 02-05-2009

"Don't join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed." - Dwight David Eisenhower.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 02-07-2009

"One sees great things from the valley, only small things from the peak." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton.

"Often attitudes are kindled in the flame of others' convictions." -Louis E. Le Bar.

Thoughts That Win - Blackstarr - 02-07-2009

One of my favorite quotes is from a star wars movie, and used to be in my signature. (temp removed for the story advertisement)

"Try not! Do... Or do not... There is no try." -Yoda

Meaning do not simply try to do something. DO that something with all your might. There is only complete dedication and failure. There is nothing in between.

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 02-08-2009

"How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton.

Thoughts That Win - whitegh0st - 02-10-2009

"The possibility of total mental and physical collapse... is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil... Buy the ticket, take the ride" - Raoul Duke

It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to lie mangled by the bronze spear. In his death all things appear fair. But when dogs shame the gray head and gray chin and nakedness of an old man killed, it is the most piteous thing that happens among wretched mortals." - Homer (no not that one...)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." - Lao Tzu

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." - Confucius

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts." - William Shakespeare

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

"Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." - Steve Wozniak

DQ

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 02-14-2009

"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions." - Confucius.

Thoughts That Win - X-Lancer - 02-14-2009

Ignorent is the best weapon while someone is yelling at you like an idiot in RL...

Thoughts That Win - Grumblesaur - 02-14-2009

"I plead the fifth."

Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 02-14-2009

"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.