Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rheinland 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=14114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Rheinland 2.0 - looqas - 11-29-2008

When I started out in April after I had joined Hessians I was very comfortable flying around in Odin. People I met where flying around in VHFs too. RM caps where a very rare sight, so were the BH caps to that matter.

For the past couple of weeks it's been a real madhouse out there. I'm afraid to go out in Odin anymore. It's practically pretty useless except when I see couple of [RM] guys online. Suddenly (I think after RM lifted the ban on BH caps and got more lenient it seems towards the indie RH caps) there has been an explosion of caps on Rheinland. Rheinland military indies in Cruisers and caps. BCs everywhere, GSs with full missile loadouts. It really seems that nobody is flying anything smaller anymore expect RM and new RWK guys.

Just today I and another bomber engaged (or were engaged) inside a very short time, by RH Cruiser, RH BS, BH BC, 3 x BH GS. Just to get 2 bombers (a fighter joined our side later, but got blown away) And yesterday was not so different.

And there was a gentlemen's rule about Vogtland being off-limits for RM and BH. Not to mention our guard system O-54. We got followed by 3 GSs there today. And there has been multiple incidents fights taking place around Vogtland with caps involved on our adversaries part.

I really don't mind about when coming at me in caps, but it's just that the ganging up mentality has been on the rise. It's feeling like the gloves have come off.

The saddest part is that there has been a minimal RP behind all the battles. Or RPing the insults, taking your time knowing that gentlemen's rules would guarantee a fair fight. These rules longer exist. Hessians are not blameless for RP faults, but it's pretty hard to concentrate to your RP with the military, when you are just waiting for those BH guys to show any minute. It's like bees to the honey. There simply have not been time to let the tension build with some good RP. It has become really hectic.

I know the BH have a valid reason to engage now that there's a bounty on our collective heads, but I haven't read a single line informing that "You are going be my lunch-money Hessian!" Nor have I read any contract between the Military and BH to keep the Berlin safe. But come on guys. There really is no need to come after us in Gunships with missileturrets and BCs. This way you kind of force us to fly our bombers all the time. And we are not about to convert to Cruisers, since that would shatter the RP and feel about guerrilla warfare.

What's going on? This has been a bad downward spiral and I'd like to bring it out in the open so we could all discuss it here and go enjoy the game.

Rheinland 2.0 - BaconSoda - 11-29-2008

Looqas, I have to say I feel your pain. I have to say that the only fight I have had in Rheinland that did not involved a Bounty Hunter cap of some sort was two days ago, and that was simply because the Aachen choose not to engage. Other than that, I can't remember a time when a Bounty Hunter cap hasn't been present in a fight, even when the RM has asked them not to engage.

About half a month ago, as well, another LWB and I flying a pair of Thors were swarmed by what had to be a dozen caps, with absolutely no RP leading to the fight besides "CHARGE!" from one of the Battleships.

I have to say, that I do agree with you on this. It isn't much fun when these things happen, but it seems to be a recurring event. What we can do ourselves, however, is just keep trudging along and being good examples of RP.

Also, I do say Bounty Hunter cap because those are the only caps I have seen in Rheinland aside from the Aachen. Honestly, that is what I have seen, I'm not saying it because it's a stereotype. There is a difference between being prejudice and stating what you have seen...

Rheinland 2.0 - alpha3 - 11-29-2008

I think this is because their home system and omega15 in connection with Rheinland. Of course I think the Diamond route has big influence too, Hunters came here to hunt down some pirates.

Rheinland 2.0 - The.Messenger - 11-29-2008

Basicly you see this all over the place, not just in Rheinland.
I personally think that people cannot stand the fact that when they put up a fair fight, they might die.
Also some have traded so long to get this massife firepower, that it's a waste not to use.

I myself stay with the first statement (altough the other happens) as some people their ego gets to big when they got a fat jacket on.

Their scared, they dont want to loose and do anything do make sure they wont (gank), they just dont have a clue how to RP.

I have a Gunboat myself, but never actually use it unless another capship has been spotted.

My two cents.

' Wrote:I think this is because their home system and omega15 in connection with Rheinland. Of course I think the Diamond route has big influence too, Hunters came here to hunt down some pirates.

I've got nothing against them coming after me. It's just that they do not come after us, alpha, in fighters or bombers anymore like they used to. It's the caps and Gunships that are after us now.

Rheinland 2.0 - Athenian - 11-29-2008

' Wrote:I know the BH have a valid reason to engage now that there's a bounty on our collective heads, but I haven't read a single line informing that "You are going be my lunch-money Hessian!"

The RM bounty specifically excludes BHG ships larger than a bomber from claiming. And, unless I am mistaken, the ban on BHG caps is still in place.

But I feel your pain, as a player, Hessian and Hunter.

' Wrote:The RM bounty specifically excludes BHG ships larger than a bomber from claiming. And, unless I am mistaken, the ban on BHG caps is still in place.

Ah. That might explain some of it. Although I have a feeling that I'm not missing much RP here even if they were collectible by all ship classes.

Well, It might be that cap ban is not enforced anymore. Or more likely there are just too many of them.

But where have all the non RM caps come from? It's a mystery. But at least those guys do have some RP.

Rheinland 2.0 - Ash - 11-29-2008

Naturally every action that is made has a reaction. This time the action was the RM reducing their strict guidlines on Caps in Rheinland. And the reaction was Capitol ships moving into Rheinland.

However this reaction was delayed so the link was hard to identify.

The only possible way things can return to the "old ways" is if Rheinland reinstates their old policies on Capitol ships in Rheinland space. And the Rheinlanders aren't exactly known to go back on their actions so don't get your hopes up on that one.

That's not to say a little Hessian leverage might not suffice;)

The Rheinlanders have send embossed invitations with red bows to BH independant capitols and they've come tumbling in like a pack of cards. We can't get rid of Cap whores, but we can bomber spam.

Like i said, every action has a reaction.

Rheinland 2.0 - kingvaillant - 11-29-2008

I feel your pain...

One of the problem is that there is never enough RM online to deal with a cruiser or a BS making problems (most of the time it must end in a fight so)

Yesterday, I went against 3 RM, was fun:)especially the teamkill:lol:

Rheinland 2.0 - Xing - 11-29-2008

I'll be honest, my greatest pain was that back when I submitted a story for a Rheinland battleship, it got refused due to fairness for the others who couldnt fly it and to keep the reputation of the RM intact.

But now...