Discovery Gaming Community
Forum Registration timing out - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Forum Registration timing out (/showthread.php?tid=141316)

Pages: 1 2

Forum Registration timing out - Psyentific - 07-21-2016

None of my friends can register an account on the forums, and I'm running into the same error when I try it on my end. You hit Register, fill out the information, then submit and it times out into an error 504.

Is there an ETA on a fix? Workaround?

RE: Forum Registration timing out - sindroms - 07-21-2016

At least 5 other people are asking me about this on youtube as well.
Can something be done about this?

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Psyentific - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 12:51 PM)sindroms Wrote: At least 5 other people are asking me about this on youtube as well.
This is apparently a consistent issue that has been going on for weeks now.

What the in actual cashewnuts is going on here? Forum registration is down for weeks without so much as a post, workaround, or ETA on a fix? So new members cannot register an account and interact with the greater community? Who is responsible for this clown show?

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Jansen - 07-21-2016

We are aware of this and its being worked on. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

RE: Forum Registration timing out - sindroms - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 01:03 PM)Psyentific Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 12:51 PM)sindroms Wrote: At least 5 other people are asking me about this on youtube as well.
This is apparently a consistent issue that has been going on for weeks now.

What the in actual fuck is going on here? Forum registration is down for weeks without so much as a post, workaround, or ETA on a fix? So new members cannot register an account and interact with the greater community? Who is responsible for this clown show?

Apparently the way that the server hosting service handled the anti-DDOS features.

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Psyentific - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 01:07 PM)Jansen Wrote: We are aware of this and its being worked on. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Well, I guess that's better than nothing. Thanks for the quick reply. I've got about three guys lined up to register, plus whoever Sindroms has got, plus whomever else can't file a ticket about this because they can't create an account. Is there a workaround or something?

Edit:
(07-21-2016, 01:09 PM)sindroms Wrote: Apparently the way that the server hosting service handled the anti-DDOS features.
That's strange. Cloudflare's a pretty major hosting provider and I've not heard of issues like this on other sites they host.

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Alley - 07-21-2016

It doesn't have anything to do with CF. The problem is OVH.

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Psyentific - 07-22-2016

Please resolve ASAP. My entire faction is locked out of creating forum accounts, and there's a laundry list of things we'd like to do once we have them.

"By being blocked out of accounts, we can not join the community or roleplay as intended"

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Psyentific - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 01:20 AM)Psyentific Wrote: Please resolve ASAP. My entire faction is locked out of creating forum accounts, and there's a laundry list of things we'd like to do once we have them.

"By being blocked out of accounts, we can not join the community or roleplay as intended"

RE: Forum Registration timing out - Alley - 07-22-2016

It's not going to make things happen faster. You'll have to wait until I get home from work before I can have a look at this.