Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - ~Chio - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 09:53 PM)Silverlight Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 09:38 PM)~Chio Wrote: The fight that happened in delta few moments ago was one of the worst fights I've ever had in my experience in the discovery of freelancer. This is not the first, second nor third time for this to happen especially when it comes to Core. In the last time, when my faction, Ethereal Order Guard forms a distant fleet with about 3-4 people, Core always has ships more than we do. Now, when Core has ships which is lovely for the community to have people playing this, there's a thing that people call gank. Even with bombers, battlecruiser, battleships, cruisers. You will type we had 3 osirises and a bomber. That's totally true. Those are relatively new people to the PvP. The bomber had no clue what he was doing, shooting asteroids and CDing his own mates, he got kicked out because of that. This ruined the experince in our faction and lost already a bunch of members in it. You clearly ganked us, no excuses for that. Even focused ships of yours were cruising away to shielrun showing no respect even in a gank. Perditrix got attacked by accident, I PM'd him however my members didn't do how I said. I told them in a rude way don't do that again so I lost them as well.

Core is not giving any chances to new factions, ganking them. Insulting those behind their backs on the discord server when they lose in a gank. If this is what we get, then I don't deserve to organise fights versus Core anymore. Put yourselves in our POV and think about that. EOG| will officialy be eliminated by me. I want no more future fights with the Core, because the experience is terrible. I only got once a fair fight, versus Thunderer. This is a total shame for a official faction, to give no chance no matter what and to show no respect ingame.

*There is no respect
The ammount of times the Order indie fleets have ganked Core
This is how I see the order playerbase today
Gank or log off* - From a guy from Core.

Cheers.

[Image: 20a9yiu.png]

Edit: For Perdritix. You will say now that we engaged you, yes that true from my members who didn't read the chat. You could cruise as well just like rest of your friends there who were shieldrunning.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback, unfortunately only a fool would deny the ganking culture that has befallen the omicrons over the past few months that has happened on all sides and at this point in time is a claim everyone makes whenever they lose a fight. This actual combat event went on for quite some time before EOG showed up and the numbers were a mess then as well as we were all spread out in multiple fights, with either side winning their respective side Snubs - Caps. I think its also very important to note that this happened in a home raid, you were in Rho and should have expected the defense to be fierce just as we would if we were in Mu.

I'm sorry that you lost members but ultimately things will always happen and we have no control over how faction leaders choose to deal with them internally. The only real way to guarantee ganking doesn't happen is to have an actual planned event where sides can be pre-balanced let me know if this is something you would like to arrange.

As for the chat logs "from a Core guy" those messages where from me via discord and I'm sorry if they offended you but its important that the seeing as you brought that up they were in response to you (you specifically) swearing at me over the same chat so I feel that if my emotions got the better of me then, they were a justified reaction to the abuse being thrown at me.

I hope this clears everything up and I would like to say that I have nothing against new factions and in fact often go out of my way to support them even if that be credit funds or RP opportunities I have evidence to support this if required.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your encouter with the Core| today, I look forward to our next encounter where I hope we can do better.

Thanks again

Silverlight
Core| GM

I know exactly what happened before that fight. There was a fight in Rho, in which a Commune capital ship got ganked. That also did not happen in Omicron Rho, the fight between the EOG and the Core. Fight happened in Delta moments ago.

I'm sorry that you lost members but ultimately things will always happen and we have no control over how faction leaders choose to deal with them internally. The only real way to guarantee ganking doesn't happen is to have an actual planned event where sides can be pre-balanced let me know if this is something you would like to arrange. - We're not talking here about ordinary ganking, we're talking about a real gankfest. The bombers, cruisers... everything on the Core side but on EOG| side unexperienced players who should have a good experince in the game and to appreciate every fight that happens. That's not the case with Core|.

As for the chat logs "from a Core guy" those messages where from me via discord and I'm sorry if they offended you but its important that the seeing as you brought that up they were in response to you (you specifically) swearing at me over the same chat so I feel that if my emotions got the better of me then, they were a justified reaction to the abuse being thrown at me. - I did apologise, after my sorry you even started offending me again. Okay, those things have nothing to do with the discovery but they have to do with your respect which I won't comment about.

I want things to change from now on. It would be nice from Core| to show respect ingame because EOG| is not planning on ganking anything. We want to show some good experience to our fellow members but this really disappointed us. My "want" is not valuable, but it's valuable your act against this bad experience. This is common.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 01-03-2019

I was there commanding the fight.

I saw that we had the numbers advantage. I don't know who had the skill, but I'll say that it's only very recently that we've been offering our indies tips to improve their flying. Unity kept cruising off exactly because he wasn't confident in his Bullhead. Also I don't think the critque of Unity cruising away (fairly sure it was the only ship of ours that kept cruising) is fair since I bet if not for us having a snub, you'd be cruising up to our caps with your Ossies. As much as I wish it were still the case, the days of "Core has some of the best snub and cap pvpers on the server and is constantly curbstomping everyone into the ground" are long gone - we've only got a small handful of strong pvpers and an even smaller sample of that log frequently.

Otherwise, yeah I felt like we didn't need to use all of our ships on you, and so I eased off the pressure. I (Arbitrator) sat out and so did Perditrix. I asked the others if they were happy with this compromise and they were fine with it.

However you guys then pulled the dirty move of shooting Perditrix when he was staying out of the fight. That's not cool at all. I think you guys definitely had a chance of winning, and the fight was fairly balanced, before you made that mistake. If the other side pulls a move like that, I'm not going to tell the player to still keep out. And even when you did that, I still stayed out of the fight.

And even though you didn't get a blue message you basically killed Unity. I can't say why he opted to run off and leave the fight instead of giving a justified blue message, but oh well. Your screenshot perfectly shows that he isn't present during that point of the fight and backs up my account of things.

On that note, it's pretty shameful that you've taken a deliberate crop only showing the ships in range of you, when not even all of them were shooting you, in a bid to paint us in the worst light as possible.

Order (the entire faction) has a big reputation for ganking and even worse stretching all the way back to the Dabadoru event and other instances. And there's many across Core (official and indie) that don't want to offer you fairplay because of that bias. Personally, I would like to change that trend. As you are a new, upstart faction with hopefully a bright future on the server, as far as PvP is concerned (and when I am present in fights and able to balance them) I would like to try to ensure things are kept fair and fun for all participants because that will create longevity.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Banned player t202085 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 10:02 PM)~Chio Wrote: I want things to change from now on.
(01-03-2019, 09:53 PM)Silverlight Wrote: The only real way to guarantee ganking doesn't happen is to have an actual planned event where sides can be pre-balanced let me know if this is something you would like to arrange.

This doesn't mean we will gank in every other situation. In fact that last fight you were in orders were given to the Core side to have ships stand down:

[03.01.2019 20:19:19] Core|WV-Perditrix: Will hold for the time being.
[03.01.2019 20:19:42] Core|WV-Arbitrator.MK2: Archos: I think we can ease up some of our numbers here.
[03.01.2019 20:19:58] Core|WV-Perditrix: Solid copy, will hold fire.
[03.01.2019 20:20:37] Core|WV-Arbitrator.MK2: Archos: Likewise.

So we do at least try to cool things off when they are getting out of hand.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - ~Chio - 01-04-2019

(01-03-2019, 10:05 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I was there commanding the fight.

I saw that we had the numbers advantage. I don't know who had the skill, but I'll say that it's only very recently that we've been offering our indies tips to improve their flying. Unity kept cruising off exactly because he wasn't confident in his Bullhead. Also I don't think the critque of Unity cruising away (fairly sure it was the only ship of ours that kept cruising) is fair since I bet if not for us having a snub, you'd be cruising up to our caps with your Ossies. As much as I wish it were still the case, the days of "Core has some of the best snub and cap pvpers on the server and is constantly curbstomping everyone into the ground" are long gone - we've only got a small handful of strong pvpers and an even smaller sample of that log frequently.

Otherwise, yeah I felt like we didn't need to use all of our ships on you, and so I eased off the pressure. I (Arbitrator) sat out and so did Perditrix. I asked the others if they were happy with this compromise and they were fine with it.

However you guys then pulled the dirty move of shooting Perditrix when he was staying out of the fight. That's not cool at all. I think you guys definitely had a chance of winning, and the fight was fairly balanced, before you made that mistake. If the other side pulls a move like that, I'm not going to tell the player to still keep out. And even when you did that, I still stayed out of the fight.

And even though you didn't get a blue message you basically killed Unity. I can't say why he opted to run off and leave the fight instead of giving a justified blue message, but oh well. Your screenshot perfectly shows that he isn't present during that point of the fight and backs up my account of things.

On that note, it's pretty shameful that you've taken a deliberate crop only showing the ships in range of you, when not even all of them were shooting you, in a bid to paint us in the worst light as possible.

Order (the entire faction) has a big reputation for ganking and even worse stretching all the way back to the Dabadoru event and other instances. And there's many across Core (official and indie) that don't want to offer you fairplay because of that bias. Personally, I would like to change that trend. As you are a new, upstart faction with hopefully a bright future on the server, as far as PvP is concerned (and when I am present in fights and able to balance them) I would like to try to ensure things are kept fair and fun for all participants because that will create longevity.

I saw that we had the numbers advantage. I don't know who had the skill, but I'll say that it's only very recently that we've been offering our indies tips to improve their flying. Unity kept cruising off exactly because he wasn't confident in his Bullhead. Also I don't think the critque of Unity cruising away (fairly sure it was the only ship of ours that kept cruising) is fair since I bet if not for us having a snub, you'd be cruising up to our caps with your Ossies. As much as I wish it were still the case, the days of "Core has some of the best snub and cap pvpers on the server and is constantly curbstomping everyone into the ground" are long gone - we've only got a small handful of strong pvpers and an even smaller sample of that log frequently. - It's not about only the skill, it's about the cruising away. Members of your official faction when they were fighting us first at dabadoru, numbers were pretty equal but still EOG was outnumbered enough and EOG was still winning there. Thus leading Core members to cruise away I don't know where but we were after them, we decided to move back to dabadoru to dock because it made no sense to have such a bad experience, then one ship was still on the scanner not allowing us to dock. However that was my mistake because we should docked before this even started as explained above.

- You felt like it but what you're telling me is not truth at all, only truth is that my members attacked Perdritrix, who I disrupted because he was cloaked. However I PM'd him to say sorry because it was an accident for my members to shoot him. However he could literally cruise away or stay out of the range and not be in the fight, while we weren't having any people who can CD him.

However you guys then pulled the dirty move of shooting Perditrix when he was staying out of the fight. That's not cool at all. I think you guys definitely had a chance of winning, and the fight was fairly balanced, before you made that mistake. If the other side pulls a move like that, I'm not going to tell the player to still keep out. And even when you did that, I still stayed out of the fight. "he was staying out of the fight" - That's a lie, because he was shooting us as well together with you. First you said to cease the fire down a little bit inRP, then moment after you continued shooting us together with Perditrix. This is not first, second, third neither last time ganks that will happen in the Omicrons especially when it comes to Core and I suggest you to at least show some respect and just leave the fight if you have enough ships. "fairly balanced" - No. Wasn't balanced at all. There's a difference in saying things and doing things, you said you're going to back off but in fact you did not.

- Unity was not the only ship there who was fighting us, it's not your thing that ship doesn't have enough confidence to fly a capital ship, but when you think about it he was not the only one like that in the battle after all, he was not the only one dirty-playing and cruising away. Indies here are more less the same as LN indies, however it's a shame for an official faction to act like this thus making me to bump this feedback.

Order (the entire faction) has a big reputation for ganking and even worse stretching all the way back to the Dabadoru event and other instances. And there's many across Core (official and indie) that don't want to offer you fairplay because of that bias. Personally, I would like to change that trend. As you are a new, upstart faction with hopefully a bright future on the server, as far as PvP is concerned (and when I am present in fights and able to balance them) I would like to try to ensure things are kept fair and fun for all participants because that will create longevity. - Gank or not, you've shown no respect to us because you should act better than people who gank other.

I decided not to bump your feedback anymore. I think I showed here my point and it's your thing will you do so or not. Common mistakes here can't be fixed that easy so I don't expect this to get fixed soon. Cheers.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Banned player t202085 - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 09:19 AM)~Chio Wrote: I decided not to bump your feedback anymore. I think I showed here my point and it's your thing will you do so or not. Common mistakes here can't be fixed that easy so I don't expect this to get fixed soon. Cheers.

Thanks, at this point it was going round in circles anyway.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 09:19 AM)~Chio Wrote: It's not about only the skill, it's about the cruising away. Members of your official faction when they were fighting us first at dabadoru, numbers were pretty equal but still EOG was outnumbered enough and EOG was still winning there. Thus leading Core members to cruise away I don't know where but we were after them, we decided to move back to dabadoru to dock because it made no sense to have such a bad experience, then one ship was still on the scanner not allowing us to dock. However that was my mistake because we should docked before this even started as explained above.

If a player tries to cruise away I'm not going to belittle them for it. If you don't want someone to cruise, CD them. At Dabadoru however the players were trying to bait you out, and draw the fight away from the field. We were impulsing/thrusting away from you, not cruising (why would we charge Ossies in lighter ships?)

(01-04-2019, 09:19 AM)~Chio Wrote: You felt like it but what you're telling me is not truth at all, only truth is that my members attacked Perdritrix, who I disrupted because he was cloaked. However I PM'd him to say sorry because it was an accident for my members to shoot him. However he could literally cruise away or stay out of the range and not be in the fight, while we weren't having any people who can CD him.

You can see the logs where Implosion and I stand down. People can vouch that from the point onwards after that I didn't shoot a single shot. Peredtrix was 3/4k at least away from the fight, and he says he took shield damage.

(01-04-2019, 09:19 AM)~Chio Wrote: That's a lie, because he was shooting us as well together with you. First you said to cease the fire down a little bit inRP, then moment after you continued shooting us together with Perditrix. This is not first, second, third neither last time ganks that will happen in the Omicrons especially when it comes to Core and I suggest you to at least show some respect and just leave the fight if you have enough ships. "fairly balanced" - No. Wasn't balanced at all. There's a difference in saying things and doing things, you said you're going to back off but in fact you did not.

Why would I be lying. I had actually stopped shooting roughly by the time Perditrix came in because the balance began to feel off. The only obligation under which I should leave a foght I'm not part of is if I am made pvp dead. Otherwise, I like to enjoy watching fights, and also offer counsel to the players that aren't very confident in their Core caps and share advice. I assure you Order had committed far worse ganks before you had even started playing here, and I am sure you have been part of quite a few yourself. We can't achieve perfect balance, but we can try, and evidently I did try to do that, and at one poinr the rate of damage between the two sides roughly equalised and things reached a good point - until you shot Perditrix.

You want respect? Earn it. Moaning isn't a good start.

(01-04-2019, 09:19 AM)~Chio Wrote: Unity was not the only ship there who was fighting us, it's not your thing that ship doesn't have enough confidence to fly a capital ship, but when you think about it he was not the only one like that in the battle after all, he was not the only one dirty-playing and cruising away. Indies here are more less the same as LN indies, however it's a shame for an official faction to act like this thus making me to bump this feedback.

So hang on, your guys lacking skill is something we're supposed to take seriously, but if it's one of ours it doesn't matter? Do you not see the hypocrisy there?

Cruising is something everyone does during fights if given the chance however they run the risk of being CD'd. If you cannot handle an open mechanic that's part of the game, and decry it as dirty play, stick to conn and restrict it. Otherwise, you will find everyone doing it, even Order!

Neither me, Implo or Nervo (who was a snub, would you really going to complain about a crusing snub anyway?) were crusing off during the fight. In fact I was impressed Implo didn't cruise off when he was being shot at by 3 Ossies on a Mako.

(01-04-2019, 09:19 AM)~Chio Wrote: Gank or not, you've shown no respect to us because you should act better than people who gank other.

I decided not to bump your feedback anymore. I think I showed here my point and it's your thing will you do so or not. Common mistakes here can't be fixed that easy so I don't expect this to get fixed soon. Cheers.

Honestly if you're just going to come into the feedback and lie about what happened so that you can sleep more easily, or for whatever other reason, this dialogue is hopeless. This doesn't feel constructive at all. If you're mad at the indies, dig up their Discords and contact them there, instead of lambasting the official faction. I'm just going to try and keep things fair and fun where possible anyway. In the end, I can at least say I tried.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Nick Harrison - 03-16-2019

Hello there,

I have noticed that The Core deployed a significant number of assets into Omega-3, after creating another enemy. Obviously this large redeployment would leave other areas less defended as well as be a huge drain in your resources.

Yet, when I tried to find what The Core is going to gain from all this -- which I doubt you are doing it for free -- was this comm in which Implosion says is doing it "to teach the miners a lesson" while Kaze in return recommends them to "not talk to the blue bloods" but to fighters at the front. Obviously the fighters at the front are not going to open up their purses to pay for all this, they are simply going to coordinate with The Core fleets.

So, to summarize, I am wondering what The Core has been promised to get in exchange for this huge relief force because it seems to me with the rush to get your hands involved in the O-3 conflict you forgot to conduct a very important part of Roleplay. Unless you are just there to teach people lessons.

Thank you.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 03-16-2019

Hello,

(03-16-2019, 09:22 AM)Nick Harrison Wrote: I have noticed that The Core deployed a significant number of assets into Omega-3, after creating another enemy. Obviously this large redeployment would leave other areas less defended as well as be a huge drain in your resources.

The only real tipping point in this conflict would be the Hessians (and Coalition and Corsairs, if they were to get involved) whom Core has been at war with for a very long time already, and has had assets deployed in that region before this to combat them (The Core has been operating in the Omegas and cooperating with Bretonia and Rheinland for a good 10-odd years). In Omega-3, there is an Interspace Commerce POB and we've had to defend it once or twice in the past. To answer your question: this conflict would not really have an impact on the resources Core expends across the Edge Worlds, nor weaken their presence elsewhere, as they're pretty much still enacting their normal MO + they've got neutrals to kill (again).

(03-16-2019, 09:22 AM)Nick Harrison Wrote: Yet, when I tried to find what The Core is going to gain from all this -- which I doubt you are doing it for free -- was this comm in which Implosion says is doing it "to teach the miners a lesson" while Kaze in return recommends them to "not talk to the blue bloods" but to fighters at the front. Obviously the fighters at the front are not going to open up their purses to pay for all this, they are simply going to coordinate with The Core fleets.

So, to summarize, I am wondering what The Core has been promised to get in exchange for this huge relief force because it seems to me with the rush to get your hands involved in the O-3 conflict you forgot to conduct a very important part of Roleplay. Unless you are just there to teach people lessons.

Thank you.

This thread is where negotiations have and will continue to take place (once I have the time to sit down and make my response to it). Core certainly does have something to gain from this conflict and is not doing it for free, and it's loosely more or less what Archos put forward on the table with a few retractions (we discussed it further with BAF/SIS HC so that we could reach an agreement that's realistic and something the dev team could agree on).

Either way, IMG has been known to support our enemies and mooch off our mining fields and we have shot them in the past (hence why they put forward a peace treaty which cooled relations until this point). So when it comes picking between our ally and a bunch of untrustworthy neutral miners, our support would go to Bretonia automatically.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Cælumaresh - 03-19-2019

I have been quite happy with how I saw the Core act ingame and on the forums for quite some time now, though failed to state it anywhere in some official thread other than several kudos posts so far. Keep up the good work gents! Special shoutouts to Tricia Reyes and Nevrozac for the latest encounters. Tricia for the conversations near Freeport 11, and Nevro for the... ehh.. Good portrayal of stereotypical Core behavior Wink

~ Cael, your local Order| pilot in the Omicrons

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - nevrozac - 03-19-2019

kudos right back at ya, shadow