Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - xenomorph - 03-22-2020

So by this, with Core|'s response, I can expect poor interactions with minimalistic RolePlay to happen continually? They won't fix anything? That's embarrassing for an Official Faction.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Shaggy - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 08:12 PM)xenomorph Wrote: So by this, with Core|'s response, I can expect poor interactions with minimalistic RolePlay to happen continually? They won't fix anything? That's embarrassing for an Official Faction.

As you saw in that video. Only one official Core| member was that (Me), and all I done was fire a few CD's, keep your shield down, fired 2/3 SNAC's and then gave guidance to the two Mako pilots who were clearly new as they could not hit your Marduk. You were quiet easily dodging their mortar's but not only that damaging them, what do you want. One vs one fights? An easy way out of a lost fight due to the enemy not having a cd'er? If you want fair fights, head to conn, if you want event based fights then make events or join them. Omicrons are a very danagerous place, Core always get ganked. Order always get ganked. Vagrants/Nomads/K'Hara always get ganked. It's apart of the game.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Yazov - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 08:12 PM)xenomorph Wrote: So by this, with Core|'s response, I can expect poor interactions with minimalistic RolePlay to happen continually? They won't fix anything? That's embarrassing for an Official Faction.

Well, allow me to break this down do you: you are flying a Nomad and Core is one of the major forces in the Omicrons eradicating Nomads on sight. You log a Nomad ship, come to the space they claim as their own - and what kind of interaction did you expect? Fifteen minutes of idle chatter before they shoot you?

It appears that you got frustrated over people coordinating to destroy your ship and you came to vent your frustrations here, in the feedback thread. Assuming that this is correct - you chose wrong place to do so. Take a deep breath, have a sandwich and calm down, for it is absolutely legit for the Core to shoot a Marduk down with minimal roleplay necessary.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - xenomorph - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 08:24 PM)Celeste Wrote:

Well, allow me to break this down do you: you are flying a Nomad and Core is one of the major forces in the Omicrons eradicating Nomads on sight. You log a Nomad ship, come to the space they claim as their own - and what kind of interaction did you expect? Fifteen minutes of idle chatter before they shoot you?

It appears that you got frustrated over people coordinating to destroy your ship and you came to vent your frustrations here, in the feedback thread. Assuming that this is correct - you chose wrong place to do so. Take a deep breath, have a sandwich and calm down, for it is absolutely legit for the Core to shoot a Marduk down with minimal roleplay necessary.

Hey friend. It's fine, I am not bothered by getting killed.
I will also no longer be bothered to attempt and improve interactions with the Core|. I have better factions to interact and have fun with. Thanks.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Groshyr - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 08:24 PM)Celeste Wrote: Take a deep breath, have a sandwich and calm down

:thonking: and leave discord server

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lucas - 03-22-2020

While fairplay isn't a must have, from the video shaggy posted u guys didnt exactly care about the fun of the other side

(03-22-2020, 08:38 PM)Lucas Wrote: While fairplay isn't a must have, from the video shaggy posted u guys didnt exactly care about the fun of the other side

If you are not aware, I usually start recording from the moment I arrive to a fight, so I was not there a long period of time, you can clearly see in that video the Marduk was going to cruise away but it entered cruise and I disruptor it with my CD as you do. You can hear the audio. So imagine if I wasn't there, the Marduk would have either killed both Mako's or ran away anyway.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lucas - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 08:45 PM)Shaggy Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 08:38 PM)Lucas Wrote: While fairplay isn't a must have, from the video shaggy posted u guys didnt exactly care about the fun of the other side

If you are not aware, I usually start recording from the moment I arrive to a fight, so I was not there a long period of time, you can clearly see in that video the Marduk was going to cruise away but it entered cruise and I disruptor it with my CD as you do. You can hear the audio. So imagine if I wasn't there, the Marduk would have either killed both Mako's or ran away anyway.

All I'm saying is that you could have stayed out entirely and the indies could have given the Marduk 2 1v1's, given that it would win the first.

Cruise Disrupting is one thing, giving instructions a second, engaging into combat when there is already 2 Battleships on one is a third

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - NonSequitor - 03-22-2020

Ok.

If you want "balanced" sides in combat situations, don't play in the Omicrons. Fine.
If you want honorable duels, go to Conn.
I'm all for minimal rp if we're going to take the cutthroat gankity gank route.
So, to all parties involved... no complaining if your fighter is spanked by a cruiser - or larger.
No grumbling if your character is outgunned, outclassed and/or outnumbered.
The ends justify the means.
If the Core wants this, I say lean into it. But remember, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

And I would suggest a half-hour pvp penalty in Omicron Delta in lieu of an hour.

(03-22-2020, 08:48 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 08:45 PM)Shaggy Wrote:

All I'm saying is that you could have stayed out entirely and the indies could have given the Marduk 2 1v1's, given that it would win the first.

Cruise Disrupting is one thing, giving instructions a second, engaging into combat when there is already 2 Battleships on one is a third

I guarantee you would not have done what you have just suggested I do. You would have provided CD cover and gave instructions 100%. Any player that has expierence in pvp would have. The only thing I done extra was deshielded the marduk.