Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Darkstar_Spectre - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 10:00 PM)Spectre Wrote: I'd like to go ahead and point out here that, as of late, fighting Core| ships has been probably the most frustrating time in my history of playing on this server.
Please remember that there are people on the other end of those red blips you're shooting, and not pixels to dispense blue messages.

Thanks.

tbh that goes for both sides of this siege lately

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Groshyr - 03-29-2020

Siege is the most dirt activity at Disco. Both sides use any way to achieve their goals: to destroy or to protect

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 03-29-2020

Idk why either side is bothering with sieges. I logged a fighter to shoot things and Order just hugged the POB platforms and made it not fun. It's not like the Orbital Defence sieges where no one had anything to lose.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - thisDerius - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 10:00 PM)Spectre Wrote: I'd like to go ahead and point out here that, as of late, fighting Core| ships has been probably the most frustrating time in my history of playing on this server.
Please remember that there are people on the other end of those red blips you're shooting, and not pixels to dispense blue messages.

Thanks.

We siege and we expect you to come and defend your base so if you siege expect us to remove you on the spot.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Maltz - 03-29-2020

Siege is boring.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Karlotta - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 10:24 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Idk why either side is bothering with sieges. I logged a fighter to shoot things and Order just hugged the POB platforms and made it not fun. It's not like the Orbital Defence sieges where no one had anything to lose.

Why they bother with sieges you'll have to ask the Core leadership. The answer I got was "because IRP I want to own delta and RP is the most important thing to me."

So now you went from having pobs without defense platforms that had literally 0 impact on your gameplay to 6 defense platforms and Order pilots who will not accept to lose under any circumstances because losing means they cant defend their base against potential attackers.

Bravo.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Spectre - 03-29-2020

I expect sieges to be pure crap, yes. I don't expect them to remove the fact that everyone playing here is a human being.
Ensure your members know that before jumping into a fight. Play-to-win factions kill the game more than the dev's crappy updates do.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Binski - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 11:06 PM)Spectre Wrote: I expect sieges to be pure crap, yes. I don't expect them to remove the fact that everyone playing here is a human being.
Ensure your members know that before jumping into a fight. Play-to-win factions kill the game more than the dev's crappy updates do.

Serious question though, I'm trying to understand prevailing attitudes among players here. What do you expect? Do you expect every battle to be meaningless or..? Do you expect the other side to let themselves lose, or not fight as hard (within the rules) and let you win?

I also don't understand why people even play when you can't handle the reality of any given situation. Gameplay can be like work and still be fun and rewarding.

I really don't get it. I'd never expect the other side in a fight to do anything less than whats best for them and whats logical for their goal. Every time I see someone complain about Core not caring about the other's fun, I cringe. It seems like the typical posturing I've always seen here, which comes after someone loses in-game, their minds still need to fight, so they switch to the forum. Any rules broken?

And why do people act like its bad or wrong to use weapons platforms or armed bases to their advantage? Thats the entire point, or no stations should have any turrets, and WP's wouldn't exist. I think players that dont want to do anything and frown on players that actually try are what continues to poison the place. Fun comes from immerson here, and I'd never not try so someone else could beat me easier under the claim they can't even bother otherwise.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Dhomie42 - 03-30-2020

These PoB sieges would provide a perfect opportunity to a major boom of activity, even for Nomads, and Nomad activity would mean others would log etc, basically a chain reaction, however this whole drama needs to be solved, both between the Order and Core playerbase, come on guys, just talk things out and arrange more or less fun and fair skirmishes, there is no need for all this hate.

I honestly can't believe that you people just can't arrange stuff to work out properly, and not talk out issues. I mean really, at this point this whole thing looks like a mere d*ck measuring contest, rather than something fun to be had. Both factions should talk things out, and drop the "the other one is at fault" attidute.
That's just my opinion, but if this drama isn't solved, no one will have fun, and this whole thing will be just another wasted opportunity.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - NonSequitor - 03-30-2020

PoBs - in their current iteration - are labor-intensive and high maintenance. Thus, players will get cranky when all that time effort gets erased. I don't think it's a Core-Order problem exclusively.
I honestly don't know why people bother building these things. Is it worth the frustration?
If they were easier to construct and maintain, and thus a bit easier to destroy, there might be less ill-will where sieges are concerned.
Incidentally, the Order destroyed a Core base a few weeks ago near Yaren, so I guess karma is catching up to the Order.