Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Spectre - 03-30-2020

What's the point in having fun if it doesn't extend to everyone involved? I know you can't please everyone, but being all in it for your own gain isn't how a community works. This game is turning more and more into the environment I'd expect from an MMORPG, which is not what Discovery Freelancer is. There's a reason this place is called 'Discovery Gaming Community', and that reason hasn't been relevant for over two years.

Once again, I urge Core| to rethink their attitude towards this siege. I myself am beyond caring at this point, and frankly the show I've seen only makes me not want to even put forth the effort. Why log when I know I'm not going to have fun.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 03-30-2020

Give Dabadoru back to Core and move the Order POB(s) to Mu/Epsilon for the sake of preserving gameplay and server health? Big Grin

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Karlotta - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:44 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Give Dabadoru back to Core and move the Order POB(s) to Mu/Epsilon for the sake of preserving gameplay and server health? Big Grin

Ah yeah big surprise, you just forgot the question you asked, ignored the answer, and proceeded to meme.

And you know you're not the only one who is like this, its a widespread problem.

What do you guys gain from eliminating all your enemies from a system? Next LPI will take Buffalo, LN takes Rochester, and LSF takes Ouray?

It's bad for your own faction activity to have nothing to do, its bad for others too.

Why do faction leaders prefer to "rule" empty systems instead of making gameplay in them fun for as many people as possible?

It's not only you guys, it's the main malfunction of many disco faction leaders. And the reason is a total lack of guidance from "glorious goldenstaff" for faction leaders on what to expect and work towards, and counterproductive ideas being circulated without letting any challenge phase them.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Toga - 03-30-2020

Nomad activity has been pretty high guess the system wouldn't be empty and they are a little more interesting to RP with

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Binski - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:40 AM)Spectre Wrote: What's the point in having fun if it doesn't extend to everyone involved? I know you can't please everyone, but being all in it for your own gain isn't how a community works. This game is turning more and more into the environment I'd expect from an MMORPG, which is not what Discovery Freelancer is. There's a reason this place is called 'Discovery Gaming Community', and that reason hasn't been relevant for over two years.

Once again, I urge Core| to rethink their attitude towards this siege. I myself am beyond caring at this point, and frankly the show I've seen only makes me not want to even put forth the effort. Why log when I know I'm not going to have fun.

None of that makes any sense to me but sure. But see MMORPG's dont have other problems like lack of players and opportunities. We shouldnt want this place to stay tiny and only have players that will only fight in the open where its easy. Discovery Freelancer should be more like an rpgmmo. I guess this sheds some light on why this place remains choked off.

That last thing you said proves it. That is truely sad. Play for the cause, play for the reason. Although it is problems with poor options for players that make it so players have limited options in these situations, when we get involved we most certainly should 'follow through' and play even if we may lose. Thats what people do in real life, they don't stay in the bunker because the battle won't be fun or fair. I played all through the 'Glassing of Leeds' despite its forced hopelessness. At least in a base siege case, you can defend or destroy it fairly, it all depends on who has numbers. I wish there were more reasons to join real siege battles around the server. People like having real things to fight over, thats fun in itself, even if you lose.

But yes POB's should start out stronger so they arent so bad to lose when they are new. At the same time, this is how it works. We can't actually have things of real value without the risk of real loss.

This is also why GM's/Dev's should be hosting battles with destroyable npc objects. People like the fights, but its better when no one built the base. Fight over an npc station. If its lost, that faction loses a base for a while, replaced after a month or more with a new base (even the same model with a new name would work). That would make things interesting and probably take heat off POB's, except the odd one if there's a more serious reason.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:55 AM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:44 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Give Dabadoru back to Core and move the Order POB(s) to Mu/Epsilon for the sake of preserving gameplay and server health? Big Grin

Ah yeah big surprise, you just forgot the question you asked, ignored the answer, and proceeded to meme.

And you know you're not the only one who is like this, its a widespread problem.

What do you guys gain from eliminating all your enemies from a system? Next LPI will take Buffalo, LN takes Rochester, and LSF takes Ouray?

It's bad for your own faction activity to have nothing to do, its bad for others too.

Why do faction leaders prefer to "rule" empty systems instead of making gameplay in them fun for as many people as possible?

It's not only you guys, it's the main malfunction of many disco faction leaders. And the reason is a total lack of guidance from "glorious goldenstaff" for faction leaders on what to expect and work towards, and counterproductive ideas being circulated without letting any challenge phase them.

As far as I know, these sieges are happening because new Core| HC are bored that there's been no progression with Core storyline, and sieging these bases adds legitimacy to pushing things forward. Core was actually supposed to get Dabadoru back like a year ago or something - so it's not too out of the ordinary. Is it going to happen? Dunno. But I unironically think what I proposed would be a good way to improve the health of gameplay.

Besides, honestly, imo too much activity is concentrated in Delta and if less hostile bases spread activity out elsewhere it's an improvement.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - thisDerius - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:40 AM)Spectre Wrote: What's the point in having fun if it doesn't extend to everyone involved? I know you can't please everyone, but being all in it for your own gain isn't how a community works. This game is turning more and more into the environment I'd expect from an MMORPG, which is not what Discovery Freelancer is. There's a reason this place is called 'Discovery Gaming Community', and that reason hasn't been relevant for over two years.

I don't know why the hell do you expect us to:
1. Not siege the base
2. Siege the base in minimal numbers
3. Expect us to either: log off when you log, or just die to you when you attack us.

Core is there to be dominant. It is simple as that. And it is as Lyth said. We have no other way to make RP progression in Delta rather than focusing our efforts on Dabadoru and its PoBs.

I also don't know why you even lost your nerve when you died to us (After you tried to ram the planet) when you were attacking Invicta. If you don't anyone to bother you while you are on the siege, find someone who does not care about their base, because I care about mine.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Dark.Star - 03-30-2020

for the love of god, those of you who consider the PoBs wont affect future rp, heres why

As you may know, when a party wants to take control over a area, base, station or anything of the sort, iRP events are held, or are just made slowly during the lore progression, such as gallic war. But in this situation it will have to probably be a player event, and in the event of a Core victory, if Dabadoru actually canonically becomes Core IFF'ed once again, its fine. O.K., we secured the base, but, then what would two Order PoBs just happen to be doing right in the butt of the station? Think about that, and say afterwards if it affects or not, because it does

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lucas - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 01:38 AM)Tiger Wrote: for the love of god, those of you who consider the PoBs wont affect future rp, heres why

As you may know, when a party wants to take control over a area, base, station or anything of the sort, iRP events are held, or are just made slowly during the lore progression, such as gallic war. But in this situation it will have to probably be a player event, and in the event of a Core victory, if Dabadoru actually canonically becomes Core IFF'ed once again, its fine. O.K., we secured the base, but, then what would two Order PoBs just happen to be doing right in the butt of the station? Think about that, and say afterwards if it affects or not, because it does

The Base would be moved Just Like Falster was

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Shaggy - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:22 AM)NonSequitor Wrote: PoBs - in their current iteration - are labor-intensive and high maintenance. Thus, players will get cranky when all that time effort gets erased. I don't think it's a Core-Order problem exclusively.
I honestly don't know why people bother building these things. Is it worth the frustration?
If they were easier to construct and maintain, and thus a bit easier to destroy, there might be less ill-will where sieges are concerned.
Incidentally, the Order destroyed a Core base a few weeks ago near Yaren, so I guess karma is catching up to the Order.

I like this guy, Did any Core moan, b**ch, complain when the PoB outside Yaren was destroyed by MASS Order and Coalition? No, that includes undocking and getting /l1 /l2 to death. It's not fun, and yes it could be karma, but it is not. Infact Core leadership want to progress with their RP by reclaiming Dabadoru, and inRP it wouldn't make sense to leave TWO PoB's there just underneath Dabadoru. But it is funny how Order randomly know where Invicta is in Omicron Rho the next day after the attack declaration was made. Hmmm interesting aye.

But I find it even more funny how the Order player base is currently moaning that Core are abusing the WP Bug/Exploit/Glitch by shooting it so it don't shoot back, when no infact we use a different tactic that works. That includes a repair ship.

But how can *WE* Core players have fun when our enemy uses Freeport 11 to restock, repair or go hug their pob's and WP's. We would give a fair fight if a fair fight was given to us, we are trying to continue our RP. I understand Order will defend there bases. But doing it in a bad way is unsportman like. There is no friendly behaviour here. What so ever, even have seen Order and Nomads/K'hara/Vagrant ships working together to stop Core sieging these bases. Is this within the rules. No probably not. But we are not moaning about it. We are just coming back 1 hour later to continue where we left off.