Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Shaggy - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 12:44 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Give Dabadoru back to Core and move the Order POB(s) to Mu/Epsilon for the sake of preserving gameplay and server health? Big Grin

This is literally all Core want. To Reclaim Dabadoru, but with two Order Pob's underneath, they need to be gone. That is why there is a siege in place.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Dhomie42 - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 01:38 AM)Tiger Wrote: for the love of god, those of you who consider the PoBs wont affect future rp, heres why

As you may know, when a party wants to take control over a area, base, station or anything of the sort, iRP events are held, or are just made slowly during the lore progression, such as gallic war. But in this situation it will have to probably be a player event, and in the event of a Core victory, if Dabadoru actually canonically becomes Core IFF'ed once again, its fine. O.K., we secured the base, but, then what would two Order PoBs just happen to be doing right in the butt of the station? Think about that, and say afterwards if it affects or not, because it does

Eh, you are too optimistic about the devs changing anything lore-wise because of this PoB siege LOL. Considering that NEMP requests are being delayed, I'd say that this idea is pretty much way too far-fetched, not to mention that stuff just get retconned instead over actual events, but I'd rather not get into ranting about all that because this thread has nothing to do with that. So yes, I don't think that sieging PoBs here in the hopes of their destruction triggering any kind of event whatsoever is a good idea.
If lore-wise that station does get an IFF change, well, I think you guys are preparing for that possibility a little bit "too" early.

(03-30-2020, 12:55 AM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:44 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Give Dabadoru back to Core and move the Order POB(s) to Mu/Epsilon for the sake of preserving gameplay and server health? Big Grin

Ah yeah big surprise, you just forgot the question you asked, ignored the answer, and proceeded to meme.

And you know you're not the only one who is like this, its a widespread problem.

What do you guys gain from eliminating all your enemies from a system? Next LPI will take Buffalo, LN takes Rochester, and LSF takes Ouray?

It's bad for your own faction activity to have nothing to do, its bad for others too.

Why do faction leaders prefer to "rule" empty systems instead of making gameplay in them fun for as many people as possible?

It's not only you guys, it's the main malfunction of many disco faction leaders. And the reason is a total lack of guidance from "glorious goldenstaff" for faction leaders on what to expect and work towards, and counterproductive ideas being circulated without letting any challenge phase them.

That's interesting actually, because I have not seen any Order ships undock from Dabadoru for many months. Infact they live in Freeport 11 mostly just because it's closer, easier to use. Anyone or anything can dock that minus a few ID's. Dabadoru is out the way in the system so what has Order got to lose. Why not try and take Capetown in Minor or something?

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Wesker - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 01:38 AM)Tiger Wrote: for the love of god, those of you who consider the PoBs wont affect future rp, heres why

As you may know, when a party wants to take control over a area, base, station or anything of the sort, iRP events are held, or are just made slowly during the lore progression, such as gallic war. But in this situation it will have to probably be a player event, and in the event of a Core victory, if Dabadoru actually canonically becomes Core IFF'ed once again, its fine. O.K., we secured the base, but, then what would two Order PoBs just happen to be doing right in the butt of the station? Think about that, and say afterwards if it affects or not, because it does

If you actually think that sieging pobs would affect a factions ability to gain lore power and territory than why the fuck doesn't Rheinland and the Omegas wear a giant Hessian IFF.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Jeuge - 03-30-2020

offfff

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Omicron - 03-30-2020

So... what I am hearing Core wants to trade Capetown for Dabadoru?

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Felsvar - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 01:48 AM)Shaggy Wrote: [quote="NonSequitor" pid='2146390' dateline='1585524179']
What so ever, even have seen Order and Nomads/K'hara/Vagrant ships working together to stop Core sieging these bases.

I was fine reading these back and forth comments but when I read ^this^ I got completely confused. When did the Nomads join forces with the Order and come together against the Core? Last time I logged in, we went to Dabadoru for activity and not to assist the Order. That being said, Nomads are quite satisfied with what you are doing. It brings us joy because Core is doing the Lights mission. However, expect interruptions from Nomads of all sorts. They also want to eliminate the Core or weaken it AT THE LEAST!

(03-30-2020, 02:11 AM)Felsvar Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 01:48 AM)Shaggy Wrote: [quote="NonSequitor" pid='2146390' dateline='1585524179']
What so ever, even have seen Order and Nomads/K'hara/Vagrant ships working together to stop Core sieging these bases.

I was fine reading these back and forth comments but when I read ^this^ I got completely confused. When did the Nomads join forces with the Order and come together against the Core? Last time I logged in, we went to Dabadoru for activity and not to assist the Order. That being said, Nomads are quite satisfied with what you are doing. It brings us joy because Core is doing the Lights mission. However, expect interruptions from Nomads of all sorts. They also want to eliminate the Core or weaken it AT THE LEAST!

I completely understand that, but the last i saw Nomads and Order assisted with killing core and went there seperate ways, if my recording program was working i would have recorded it.

But i know what it is like to have a pob be sieged, minerva Research Center. Why was it sieged? Just because the aoi, and oc didn't like it being there. Core have reason and goals to achieve and these two pobs are in the way of those goals being achieved

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Toga - 03-30-2020

I believe it’s more of when we attack nomads we typically won’t kill order till after the fight but when nomads attack core the order doesn’t return the same gratitude and attempts to kill core first. Making it look as if they are working together sadly.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - DarkTails - 03-30-2020

All these people arguing thinking PoB sieges affect lore. I concur with Wesker. If PoB sieges affected lore, Hessians would own all of Rheinland. Especially things as trivial as storage units.