Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lucas - 03-30-2020

Fair Fights aside please dont use Roleplay as an excuse for These Sieges. POBs have been moved before, and if what you say regarding Dababababa Station is true then the POBs could be moved Like Falster after Aland takeover.

Stand by the fact that you Just want the Things gone, 3/4 of the Playerbase is with you on this

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 02:24 AM)DarkTails Wrote: All these people arguing thinking PoB sieges affect lore. I concur with Wesker. If PoB sieges affected lore, Hessians would own all of Rheinland. Especially things as trivial as storage units.

I don't think anyone is arguing that these sieges should affect lore. My take at least is that the siege is more about sending a message to break story stagnation. Not that I enjoy nor want base sieges.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Omicron - 03-30-2020

Personally I dont see why should I ever agree to Dabadoru ever having Core IFF again when Core absolutely denies in any circumstance in which Capetown would display Order flag (mind you, its in Omicron Minor, Order territory) after I talked briefly with Derius.

Dabadoru was never meant to return to Core's hands, Lyth is just delusional and wants to delete non-Core pixels under a guise of "improving mod's and community's health and wellbeing".

(03-30-2020, 02:39 AM)Omicron Wrote: Personally I dont see why should I ever agree to Dabadoru ever having Core IFF again when Core absolutely denies in any circumstance in which Capetown would display Order flag (mind you, its in Omicron Minor, Order territory) after I talked briefly with Derius.

Dabadoru was never meant to return to Core's hands, Lyth is just delusional and wants to delete non-Core pixels under a guise of "improving mod's and community's health and wellbeing".

If not for me retiring Skype two computers ago I could grab logs from Rohj and the story team discussing the transferral of Dabadoru to Core. Similiar was also discussed during the height of the FP11 stuff, with a proposal of FP11 going to Core, but I said that looking at things long term it'd be better for at least a quasi-lawful base to remain in the system.

I mean logically speaking Order controlling Dabadoru doesn't even make sense.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Omicron - 03-30-2020

Rohj also believed that Nomads could infect ships (entire crew included) with a magical torpedo and this is why you have so many Wilde dockable capital ships around. Him replaced from position of power was actually a good thing.

And yet, as you yourself said, this evidence does not even exist.

Everything that isn't in Core's plan is "illogical" to you, Lyth. Get over it.

(03-30-2020, 02:46 AM)Omicron Wrote: Everything that isn' that isn't in Core's plan is "illogical" to you, Lyth. Get over it.

Core capturing Yaren from Corsairs: lengthy year-long process extensively roleplaying the resupply and reconstruction of the fleet to recuperate their losses from Minor in preparation to shove the Corsairs out of Delta.
Order capturing Dabadoru from Core: (literally on the day of the event) hurr durr we have a secret fleet in our oorp guard system this entire that no one knew about.

Core in Delta: has asserted dominance over Iridium as a resource, colonized Nauru, pushed Zoners into closer co-operation with Core (and Shiki almost made them hostile to Order, if not for admin intervention), successfully invited Corporations into Delta to establish a presence, and is largely considered the authority in Delta.
Order in Delta: Deploys it's ships away from it's own territory to capture a station in the heart of Core territory, supply lines completely cut off by Core and Nomads, both in Delta and Minor, Rho and Kappa (there's even infocards suggesting this), effectively caught in a spider's web in the Kiribati field with enemies all around.

You can't argue that Order taking and thereafter maintaining control of Dabadoru makes roleplay sense. From what I recall was a last-minute (and tbh, unnecessary) roleplay development addition to the Yaren event, purely for the sake of repeating the old Disco cliche of factions equalizing and not permanently gaining/losing things for the sake of keeping things static. Yeah sure, you can try and phrase that it makes sense from a gameplay perspective - if Order et all actually used it actively over Freeport 11. To be fair I think I've seen Coalition and Bundschuh use Dabadoru more to dock at than Order.

Either way, personally I think it's very silly that Core within Delta has made all these great strides and the Dabadoru problem has still been unanswered for years with no logical answer as to why other than a lack of developer involvement in progressing the regional story.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Binski - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 02:00 AM)Wesker Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 01:38 AM)Tiger Wrote: for the love of god, those of you who consider the PoBs wont affect future rp, heres why

As you may know, when a party wants to take control over a area, base, station or anything of the sort, iRP events are held, or are just made slowly during the lore progression, such as gallic war. But in this situation it will have to probably be a player event, and in the event of a Core victory, if Dabadoru actually canonically becomes Core IFF'ed once again, its fine. O.K., we secured the base, but, then what would two Order PoBs just happen to be doing right in the butt of the station? Think about that, and say afterwards if it affects or not, because it does

If you actually think that sieging pobs would affect a factions ability to gain lore power and territory than why the fuck doesn't Rheinland and the Omegas wear a giant Hessian IFF.

That's right. It would be like a naturally existing civil war, which would be cool. At the same time, how many of those POB's are actual RM or RFP? Sieging corporate bases keeps them suppressed, even inrp. But with no military POB's there's not much chance for real inrp victory. There should be though. I always wondered, if some freedoms were allowed what things would look like if the Hessians could try to sieze more territory, albeit slowly, and require sieges. Off topic I know but they are both situations where it would be nice if there was a BATTLE SYSTEM so factions could try to go for more. I'm not pro Hessian but more should be allowed with making small gains or strides against each other. You guys could then build POB's to hold the gains in some cases. This is how it should always be! I'd love to see how it would affect activity if tried.

Someone should request at least an ability for factions to challenge over these disputed stations so there can be some fair challenges. This situation is similar to the battle system I suggested. A faction builds POB's for extra security of a base, so it stands that if taken out it weakens their defense. So once they are gone, especially since its not hidden, there should be an organized way to have a war over it, and fight wars like that. The next step would be if factions could simply request one or more NPC ship bases to move to a sieged base for defense. That would definitely be the best way to use gameplay + corresponding rp to let these factions progress. Even when you lose battles, a fair chance means there's still some point for both sides to try.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Burning - 03-30-2020

This is why nobody should be in control of an NPC base, not to mention multiple ones. Now we have these two children screaming at each other about which toy belongs to whom. It also explains why faction progression is stagnant (as you say): It's because none of you is willing to give up an asset because it would be a "victory" for the other. Roleplay is all about giving and taking, you two only want to take and obviously that leads to stagnation and dispute.

(03-30-2020, 03:24 AM)Burning Wrote: This is why nobody should be in control of an NPC base, not to mention multiple ones. Now we have these two children screaming at each other about which toy belongs to whom. It also explains why faction progression is stagnant (as you say): It's because none of you is willing to give up an asset because it would be a "victory" for the other. Roleplay is all about giving and taking, you two only want to take and obviously that leads to stagnation and dispute.

For all intents and purposes it likely looks like the devs contemplated to make Dabadoru change hands but then Golanski complained.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - jesus - 03-30-2020

PoB Golden rules

- Don't build a PoB if you ain't ready to eventually defend it
- Don't bitch about PoB attack because it might/will happens

The current PoB should make both side happy since it's give opportunity to both side to log and farm time. Stop bitching about everything and enjoy the moment while it last