Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Spectre - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 03:24 AM)Burning Wrote: This is why nobody should be in control of an NPC base, not to mention multiple ones. Now we have these two children screaming at each other about which toy belongs to whom. It also explains why faction progression is stagnant (as you say): It's because none of you is willing to give up an asset because it would be a "victory" for the other. Roleplay is all about giving and taking, you two only want to take and obviously that leads to stagnation and dispute.
I will note here that I personally wouldn't mind Order losing Dabadoru if it means that there's both a) an event to coincide with it (easy to do) and b) an event where the Order tries for Capetown as recompense.
If those can be done, then I'm all for losing Dabadoru.

Also gonna point out here that for the entirety of |O|'s officialdom, we've docked primarily on Dabadoru to respect the Zoners' no-fire-zones. Just food for thought.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Binski - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 03:53 AM)Spectre Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 03:24 AM)Burning Wrote: This is why nobody should be in control of an NPC base, not to mention multiple ones. Now we have these two children screaming at each other about which toy belongs to whom. It also explains why faction progression is stagnant (as you say): It's because none of you is willing to give up an asset because it would be a "victory" for the other. Roleplay is all about giving and taking, you two only want to take and obviously that leads to stagnation and dispute.
I will note here that I personally wouldn't mind Order losing Dabadoru if it means that there's both a) an event to coincide with it (easy to do) and b) an event where the Order tries for Capetown as recompense.

Yeah that's how I am as well. Now thats what I'm talking about!

It seems that a lot of the arguing around here over who has right to what would be better sorted out in game. Let it generate activity. Something seriously needs to be applied so that its set up. A lot of bases should be made siegeable, and when they die, a number of things could occur. They could sit as unusable wrecks temporarily, or go neutral so that whoever lands a minimum of marines first can claim the station. If that were set up, whenever factions could muster numbers, they could make a serious challenge over some stations fairly. In between big battles, there would be a bunch of ways factions could make small attacks that would have some real significance. To me, those moves are exactly what it would be fun to rp around. The lack of these options is exactly what keeps me from already having put serious time into a faction.

But real fights mean folks might fight hard, use every advantage they can give themselves. I would log to defend a station though, regardless of odds, if losing it meant the area fell to an enemy faction, and be ok if we lost since it can work the other way somewhere else. nothing would be permanent, some places would often change hands while others would stabalize.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Vitoniz30 - 03-30-2020

There are several statements I'd like to pay some attention to. This is not only about sieges, but Order/Core game experience in general noticed in recent times.

1. Fair fights and duels.
We both know this is not possible, despite my multiple attempts in the past and present times to decrease the boiling degree between two factions ooRPly. I tried to make clear fights between us, but when I persistently ask Order indie to do less ganks and play fairly and they refuse, I understand why it happens. I am sure, some people still remember order 66 meme, where Core turned their weapons on Order ships while they were fighting Nomad caps or chasing a single fighter by 4, including gunboat.
Fellows, this goes to nowhere, if we will keep complaining about unfair fights.

2. FP11 and Dabadoru docking.

I can't really say about indies, but personally can assure you, my characters are on Dabadoru and did restock once...on Dabadoru.
Howerer, I am not sure @thisDerius's decision to lock FP11 by using administrator rights just to improve Core ability to kill was a really right decision.

3. Behavior.
Interesting fact. I can't remember cases when we insult or troll Core members in group or private chats/channels. But instead, due to Shaggy's videos, I notice their real ooRP attitude towards us from time to time.

Conclusion: This is going ahead from old time and finally we should do something to make our interactions less dramatic.

P.S.
(03-30-2020, 01:51 AM)Shaggy Wrote: Why not try and take Capetown in Minor or something?
It's been 4 weeks since I sent request to initiate NEMP event on Capetown. Still waiting for reply.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - SnakThree - 03-30-2020

Easy solution. Nomads destroy Dabadoru. Neither Core, nor Order comes on top. Thank you.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - thisDerius - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 03:53 AM)Spectre Wrote:

Also gonna point out here that for the entirety of |O|'s officialdom, we've docked primarily on Dabadoru to respect the Zoners' no-fire-zones. Just food for thought.

I finally agree with Spectre on something. It probably is my fault for not wording it properly, but regardles. Core wants to fight for Dabadoru and expect Order to defend it. We also expect the Order to engage on Capetown the same way.

(03-30-2020, 07:08 AM)Vitoniz30 Wrote: 2. FP11 and Dabadoru docking.
I can't really say about indies, but personally can assure you, my characters are on Dabadoru and did restock once...on Dabadoru.
Howerer, I am not sure @thisDerius's decision to lock FP11 by using administrator rights just to improve Core ability to kill was a really right decision.

I really would not have problem with this if certain people weren't using FP11 for restocking purposes constantly. And I would treat both Order and Core equally on this as well.

I really want to make those fights worth at least something and I think you all know that defending a battleship against bombers is no easy task, but if you go and constantly restock your ships without giving us space to breathe, you gotta expect us to do something about it.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - TheShooter36 - 03-30-2020

Order should go out of Delta, Dabadoru is unsustainable long term while you have Core as a very established power. Abandon it, sabotage it, make it a headache for Core to sustain it as well. Order should try to go for capetown instead, where they can actually have a foothold once again.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Piombo65 - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 11:07 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: Order should go out of Delta, Dabadoru is unsustainable long term while you have Core as a very established power. Abandon it, sabotage it, make it a headache for Core to sustain it as well. Order should try to go for capetown instead, where they can actually have a foothold once again.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - DarkTails - 03-30-2020

I find it ironic people saying the Order holding Dabadoru is unfeasible when Order fields double the Cores fleet strength around the sector. If necessary the task fleets could just be recalled and wipe Core out of Delta.
/shrug

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Piombo65 - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 01:18 PM)DarkTails Wrote: I find it ironic people saying the Order holding Dabadoru is unfeasible when Order fields double the Cores fleet strength around the sector. If necessary the task fleets could just be recalled and wipe Core out of Delta.
/shrug

And who said it precisely? I can't find it.

RE: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Lythrilux - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 01:18 PM)DarkTails Wrote: I find it ironic people saying the Order holding Dabadoru is unfeasible when Order fields double the Cores fleet strength around the sector. If necessary the task fleets could just be recalled and wipe Core out of Delta.
/shrug

Under what basis? When you look at the facts, there's no way Order are stronger than Core. I'd be interested to hear your take.