Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Foxglove - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 09:44 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Nomads and Wilde... I have yet to see them fighting Core.

Boop
Beep
Weeb
Deep
Leap
Sheep
Something witty

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Jeremy Hunter - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 08:47 PM)Implosion Wrote: 1st, there was an Ossie, a Recon cruiser, 3 NPC Battleships shooting at us, snubs and what not.
2nd, let's call it extreme prejudice, as you guys would. Right heeeere.

You were in Mu.

I would have expected the exact same in Rho. If I led ships to Rho, your HOME SYSTEM, I expect extreme prejudice. I expect to be attacked with everything including the kitchen sink.

This happened in Delta.

That would have been a much different encounter and mindset, whereas I would have held back ships or not engage with the rest of my allies.

In short Mu =/= Delta. Rho =/= Delta.

I expect home systems to be living hell to invade at any time and all times.

As such, I needed a message dump since I barely do it and that one (admitted barely) qualified.

Have a good one.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Implosion - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 10:55 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 08:47 PM)Implosion Wrote: 1st, there was an Ossie, a Recon cruiser, 3 NPC Battleships shooting at us, snubs and what not.

You were in Mu.

I would have expected the exact same in Rho. If I led ships to Rho, your HOME SYSTEM, I expect extreme prejudice. I expect to be attacked with everything including the kitchen sink.

This happened in Delta.

That would have been a much different encounter and mindset, whereas I would have held back ships or not engage with the rest of my allies.

I expect home systems to be living he'll to invade at any time and all times.

As such, I needed a message dump since I barely did it and that one qualified.

Have a good one.
That's exactly the kind of attitude that provoked my actions.
I'm sorry, bro, but this is how it is.
You ask for it, you shall receive it.
When I can keep fights fair, I do it. I treat people how they treat me.

(02-05-2017, 10:59 PM)Implosion Wrote:

You were in Mu.

This happened in Delta.

Have a good one.
When I can keep fight fairs, I do it. I treat people how they treat me.

I try and keep fair fights, Implo.

But the upset caused when people go out of their way to GLOAT when they defeat forces in a home system and win is meh. You do a fair fight in Delta or Minor cool, it's a cool fight and we good.

But the mentality of "YEAH WE CONQUERED THE HOME SYSTEM" that inevitably comes by? I expect it way too much. As such Mu isn't supposed to be a tea party.

But if it's that unagreeable I will strive to return fair play once more. Alright?

(02-05-2017, 11:05 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote:

You were in Mu.

This happened in Delta.

Have a good one.

But the upset caused when people go out of their way to GLOAT when they defeat forces in a home system and win is meh. You do a fair fight in Delta or Minor cool, it's a cool fight and we good.

But the mentality of "YEAH WE CONQUERED THE HOME SYSTEM" that inevitably comes by? I expect it way too much. As such Mu isn't supposed to be a tea party.

But if it's that unagreeable I will strive to return fair play once more. Alright?

No, no.
I've already been told to go , ahem, let's not quote your leader.
Either way, I'm not against fairplay, I'm against the logic behind "it's my system , I'll gank you with fleets."
If we look from a RP perspective, sure. Everything is justified from RP perspective.
But if we look at it from another angle, ganking my members and then telling me to quote/unquote Golly ( again, I won't drop the F-bomb here,) after I return the favor?
That's no fair play, that's hypocrisy.
Every single fight I tried to balance, I lost. Why? People gathered more than they need to take us out while we were waiting for them.
Most of my members got utterly and horribly ganked at different occasions in the past months, 0 of them complained. We lost, we swallowed it and we carried on.
To sum it up, you reap what you sow. You want fairplay, you'll get it, but only if it comes form both sides.

(02-05-2017, 11:21 PM)Implosion Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 11:05 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote:

You were in Mu.

This happened in Delta.

Have a good one.

No, no.
I've already been told to go , ahem, let's not quote your leader.
Either way, I'm not against fairplay, I'm against the logic behind "it's my system , I'll gank you with fleets."
If we look from a RP perspective, sure. Everything is justified from RP perspective.
But if we look at it from another angle, ganking my members and then telling me to quote/unquote Golly ( again, I won't drop the F-bomb here,) after I return the favor?
That's no fair play, that's hypocrisy.
Every single fight I tried to balance, I lost. Why? People gathered more than they need to take us out while we were waiting for them.
Most of my members got utterly and horribly ganked at different occasions in the past months, 0 of them complained. We lost, we swallowed it and we carried on.
To sum it up, you reap what you sow. You want fairplay, you'll get it, but only if it comes form both sides.

Alright.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Jack_Henderson - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 11:21 PM)Implosion Wrote: You want fairplay, you'll get it, but only if it comes form both sides.

Yes, we want fair play.

But unfair play like this is what turns players off and makes them angry. => http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=147716

DCing "accidentally" to deny the only possible blue in the fight, at 1 % health, after running into a JH, disappearing immediately, and then posting in "DCed"...

Unfair moves like this and the suspicion it breeds (that one side wants to make it bad for your side) ruins interaction even before it takes place.

There is nothing more toxic than the expectation that it will be bad from the start.

As I told you on skype, I dont approve of such behavior and I will do my absolute very best to prevent it from happening.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Foxglove - 02-05-2017

Yes, it was unfair of me. I am not going to try and justify it. If you want me to make it up in some way, talk to me on Skype but inferring from me on the Core is sort of unfair.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - TickTack - 04-23-2017

Hai there, Just wondering what kind of RP you guys churn out before engaging.

Quote:[22.04.2017 13:12:09] David.Lancer: if it isn't the core
[22.04.2017 13:12:22] Core|XXXXXXXXXXX: *Its lights suddenly go live.*
[22.04.2017 13:12:41] Core|XXXXXXXXXXX: *Uttering no word at all, the ship engages silently.*
[22.04.2017 13:13:06] ORG|Iona's.Revenge: <:: Weapons locked on the target. Awaiting orders ::>
[22.04.2017 13:13:28] ORG|Iona's.Revenge: Iona: All batteries. Fire at will. Scrap that core vessel!

I mean there were two other zoners in the are during this interaction and the core doesn't even try to investigate what is going on eventhough we're at the azurite reactor, he just comes up with a 2 liner pew pew line, I mean he might as well have cruised up to us and typed /1 /2... the lines don't even have words in them... just a few descriptions as to what the ship is doing. It should also be noted that the same ship resided in the system after he was killed after his period of grace to leave the system was up, infact i believe he logged then logged back on, but I didn't bother making aa report because.. meh couldn't be bothered.