Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Shiki - 04-23-2017

(04-23-2017, 03:58 AM)TickTack Wrote: wondering what kind of RP you guys churn out before engaging.

To be honest, engagment RP of that kind looks the most realistic.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - TickTack - 04-23-2017

(04-23-2017, 06:51 AM)Sici Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 03:58 AM)TickTack Wrote: wondering what kind of RP you guys churn out before engaging.

To be honest, engagment RP of that kind looks the most realistic.

It's not a question of if it looks realistic or not, it's a question of sheer lack of RP I mean even a tiny bit of effort could have been put in, for example he could have asked the zoners why they were in the area. Come on people, you're an official faction you're supposed to be the ones setting an example.

I am not the official faction, but i think that Lyth will appreciate my work here. It's not like I'm even playing the game. But amount of RP by itself seems to be sufficient,

Quote:could have asked the zoners why they were in the area
as in?:
"oh, my fellow Y enemy, what are you doing here, along with my X enemy? it's a beautiful day, would you like to visit a theater with me?"

(04-23-2017, 09:24 AM)Sici Wrote: But amount of RP by itself seems to be sufficient,

It's not about what's sufficient or what's allowed according to the rules. The question I'm asking is am I to expect nothing more than a two liner trigger RP interaction from the core when I meet them? Is that how you want the |Core represented, bare minimum standard RP? because if thats what I can expect I can certainly see why people would quick dock when you arrive. Don't wanna RP? k then bai, have a nice time in the system alone.

Quote:as in?:
"oh, my fellow Y enemy, what are you doing here, along with my X enemy? it's a beautiful day, would you like to visit a theater with me?"

Well seeing as you obviously need some inspiration here's an example.
Core|: Hostile vessels located on scanner, moving to investigate
Order: Well Well, if it isn't the core.
Core|: Oh what a surprize, I hope I'm not intruding on your little negotiation with the zoners
Order: Not at all, I always enjoy a bit of target practice
Core|: *To the ships crew* Man your stations arm weapons approach the targets and eliminate them
Order: And here I was thinking you'd run for the hills... Very well I'll enjoy trashing your ship

Or are you simply saying that that much RP which i made up in the space of about 2 minutes is too much effort?

Your argument.... leaves much to be desired I'm afraid

Well, the amount of Zoners who were willing RP with the Core was huge: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=139383
As for your example, I see nothing that would go out of the line in relationships between the hostile factions in the edge worlds. Core is threating faction that are hostile inRP as hostile. Core is having big roleplays with pretty much all corporations (aside of maybe IMG, ALG and GMG), intel and military factions that are present in game. In other words I'd suggest to log a faction that can even talk to the Core in accordiance with the common sense.

Once again I'm talking here as former HC member and rather expressing my personal opinion. I don't know if Lyth will send someone to talk to you from the present HC. There's no much sense to do so really, since your point is no making a lot of practical sense. I know it's #fun to post in Core| feedback in particular, but it should've been constructive just for a tiny bit.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Thunderer - 04-23-2017

Core|WV-Numidia = me

The captain has a severe case of autism. Here is his biography. If you hear him speak, you are very lucky. Concerning the probability itself of course, but having the overall situation of him being close enough to you to hear him, you are not that lucky after all. Unless you gank him with 3 caps Big Grin

Concerning the ooRP background, I am in the Core| only because Lyth asked me to join and I get more PvP in return. I don't intend to do any deep RP because the faction's lore is "lolwut!?" from the core. See what I did there, eh? Big Grin

@ Sici So what... this is an issue with in-game RP not an issue with forum RP, you're not helping the issue so do the core a favor and stop posting eh?

(04-23-2017, 10:45 AM)Thunderer Wrote: Core|WV-Numidia = me
Concerning the ooRP background, I am in the Core| only because Lyth asked me to join and I get more PvP in return. I don't intend to do any deep RP because the faction's lore is "lolwut!?" from the core. See what I did there, eh? Big Grin

Rly thunderer? I mean really XD so Lyth is recruiting members because they value pew pew over RP? Seems like the wrong approach for an official faction leader even though he's attracted my attention in wanting to join the core as of late with the RP he's doing for core. He should make sure that core members maintain a good standard of in-game RP.

C'mon man I'm not asking for anything more than like 5 lines of actual words... it's not a lot to ask...
Also your captain is autistic... but that doesn't mean you have a reason not to speak in RP, there are plenty of RP reasons around this. I assume that the rest of his crew are not autistic, it would make sense for him to assign his second in command to parley duties.

Anyways ima stop posting cus this is gonna turn into a long 8 hour discussion in which all parties will agree the RP was... well pretty poor irregardless of weather you're RPing an autistic BS captain or not.

I have the same right of posting here as you do. As I already explained, there is no issues with the core ingame rp either. Only thing that core is trying to behave meaningful, not 5 lines that would not make any sense as you say.

Thunderer is holding his chars in perfect rp manner BTW, was a pleasure playing with him.

(04-23-2017, 11:04 AM)TickTack Wrote: I assume that the rest of his crew are not autistic, it would make sense for him to assign his second in command to parley duties.

It would make sense for him to do many things which he doesn't, and not do many things which he does. But, he's autistic Smile

I made this character for parodying the en masse silent engagement of Order indies, but as their RP skills seem to have advanced somewhat, the parody is losing its point. The Core| may, if they see it fit, ask me to replace this captain with a more normal person, and I will do it.

From @Chuba of the Core HC, who asked me to post on his behalf as he is currently on probation:

"Alright. I am representing Core's HC, and well I think we ruled out this situation rather well. We won't ask Thunderer to change his character unless he feels like it himself but it's obvious that what happened was just a small inconvenience which we will try to minimize in the near future. Once again, as discussed in skype I apologize for what happened."