Discovery Gaming Community
Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Core| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=678)
+----- Thread: Core| - The Core Feedback and Announcement Thread (/showthread.php?tid=141405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Sombs - 11-02-2017

The Core is a 'nation' that consists out of people from all over the Colonies, Shelco.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Shelco - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 05:16 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: The Core is a 'nation' that consists out of people from all over the Colonies, Shelco.

I'm aware, that wasn't the reason I wrote the question. It was more that the sudden appearance of known entities the Core would normally shoot on sight in in their ranks seems iffy to me.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Shiki - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 05:14 PM)Shelco Wrote: So, because the Core is aiming to Anschluss Outcasts and Corsairs somewhere in the future it accepts figures of factions it is at war with as one of their own and even leaders?

That's a native population of the Omicrons that is suppose to be integrated yes.

(11-02-2017, 05:14 PM)Shelco Wrote: Would a nation at war with 2 other nations aiming to conquer both accept people of those nations as one of their own or even leader just because their goal is to conquer their lands?

Core did not form a nation yet, it's an opportunist private military company that is setting competent commanders on the high possitions as it suppose to be. There are also political pros and cons.

And working with the enemy side is not something special or impossible, quite regular thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborationism
Especially if we count on internal feudal Outcast relationships.

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Backo - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 05:06 PM)Shelco Wrote: Now the Core has a known Outcast/Infectee as its leading figure and another known Outcast, Eliza, as a soldier? I mean, I don't quite get the sense behind it but I'm not trying to be super-complaining about it either so I'm just asking what the RP motivation behind it is.

My humble opinion of a Core Sabre Pilot is that @Loyola is bringing people loyal to her into the Core to ensure that she won't get coup'ed as easy out of her newfound power as Guildmistress. Obviously the people she'd trust the most are old comrades, which happen to be the ex-Legion Maltesa pilots. Obviously this has caused some problems already with some existing Core pilots and not so much with others.

(11-02-2017, 05:18 PM)Shelco Wrote: I'm aware, that wasn't the reason I wrote the question. It was more that the sudden appearance of known entities the Core would normally shoot on sight in in their ranks seems iffy to me.

I could probably link you some old Freeport-drama time agreements between Legion Maltesa pilots and Core. Here you go. The pilots that currently have defected to the Core have been the Maltese pilots to get as close to actual cease-fire with the Core in the past during the Delta drama mk 9000.

Also I can assure you I've been working on getting Valdez as unaffiliated with the Outcasts in the past few weeks. There are some big plans™ in store and such. There's also some other figures you probably haven't noticed yet who'll also come to play. Stay tuned and such!

Thanks, @Backo, your answer made somewhat sense to me. What about Loyola's infectee status, though? I mean, isn't it like pretty much publically known that she is infected? Especially in the Omicrons?

The open question I still have is how Loyola can assume leadership in the first place, though. Non-aggression or not, would the Core really just put an Outcast as their leader just because they are not at direct war but at a NAP status?

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Shinju - 11-02-2017

Loyola used to be in The Core back then... Like one or two years ago.

(11-02-2017, 05:25 PM)Shelco Wrote: The open question I still have is how Loyola can assume leadership in the first place, though. Non-aggression or not, would the Core really just put an Outcast as their leader just because they are not at direct war but at a NAP status?

(11-02-2017, 05:21 PM)Sici Wrote: Core did not form a nation yet, it's an opportunist private military company that is setting competent commanders on the high possitions as it suppose to be.

Enma was not in any Outcast structure since May. There was suppose to be more smooth RP, but @Neon said that he cannot be bothered. Doing that RP on my own felt lame, so I did not do that. Plus as @Shinju said she used to be in Core| in 2015.

NAP part of the answer was about Eliza btw, please don't mix our characters.

You still fly her around with an Outcast ID doing Outcast stuff, how she got into Core's leadership with the infectee status is still an open question.

(11-02-2017, 05:38 PM)Shelco Wrote: You still fly her around with an Outcast ID doing Outcast stuff, how she got into Core's leadership with the infectee status is still an open question.

I'm using SRP Wild ship with an Outcast IFF when not doing Core| related things.

She have got support of 2 guildkeepers and Arcani, comms are there. There was suppose to be the coup after it with a visit to remaining guildkeepers.

What infectee status, excuse me?

RE: Core| Feedback thread - Sombs - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 05:43 PM)Sici Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 05:38 PM)Shelco Wrote: You still fly her around with an Outcast ID doing Outcast stuff, how she got into Core's leadership with the infectee status is still an open question.

I'm using SRP Wild ship with an Outcast IFF when not doing Core| related things.

She have got support of 2 guildkeepers and Arcani, comms are there. There was suppose to be the coup after it with a visit to remaining guildkeepers.

What infectee status, excuse me?

Apart from that, Outcast ID is not a job but a nationality. You can't just stop being Maltese by ID. ;3