Discovery Gaming Community
It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? (/showthread.php?tid=141583)

Pages: 1 2 3

It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - HoakinBlackforge - 07-28-2016

I just want to make a starting character for future plans for a unnoficial faction that i want to create once i have enough experience. So, there isnt any way to create a Wild character directly, but, i can make a nomad then get a Wild ID? Or i need special roleplay or something?

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Skorak - 07-28-2016

You cannot acquire it. There once has been a few special deals and there is always the option to SRP.

But it isn't usually given out to people not in the faction.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Sombs - 07-28-2016

However, you can roleplay your character as infected and just give an eff about the Wild ID, because it has a very terrible trait. People will just metagame to know about your infectee. It's a pain in the butt to the Wild-players. Being red to everything is horrible.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Kalhmera - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 08:26 AM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: I just want to make a starting character for future plans for a unnoficial faction that i want to create once i have enough experience. So, there isnt any way to create a Wild character directly, but, i can make a nomad then get a Wild ID? Or i need special roleplay or something?

a little off topic but is your avatar Mcree? lol

and Skorak hit the nail on the head there..

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - sindroms - 07-28-2016

Since in terms of ingame usage the ID is no different than a Pirate ID, I would say it is possible to get one or get the lines form one via SRP and a Specops ID. Also, that particular kind of RP is kinda crudely done at the best of times and is currently viewed as something silly as the players involved seem to want to do nomad-esque attacks and still be treated as lawfuls even though they have been involved in fights against other lawful players. It is not really worth the effort, tbh.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Stefz - 07-28-2016

Speaking from experience, you're much better off using a Freelancer ID for your infectee instead of a Wild one. It allows so much more options on what you can actually do in game. And of course, there's the metagaming part.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Ramke - 07-28-2016

I wouldn't recommend trying to join a faction just for the ID. It's a terrorist ID, but everyone and their mother will shoot you outright and refuse to roleplay with you, barring a select few.

It's an ID that allows many opportunities, but adds impassable roadblocks to those opportunities.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - HoakinBlackforge - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 08:43 AM)Stefz Wrote: Speaking from experience, you're much better off using a Freelancer ID for your infectee instead of a Wild one. It allows so much more options on what you can actually do in game. And of course, there's the metagaming part.

So, i should make a nomad character then pick a freelancer ID? (For not using a nomad ship) Or just make a freelancer character directly?

The faction would be basically, escaped experiments from the Wild, which are totally aggresive to anything that can be a challenge or threat. Like an animal trying to stay above their own species. At least thats my idea.

Oh, that would include being hostile to their own faction too. Its a pretty insane idea if you think about it, but it would be interesting.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Wild Eagle - 07-28-2016

Going from what your saying if the faction will be hostile to all including itself then maybe pirate would be the best ID.

RE: It is possible to obtain a Wild ID wihout joining any of the 3 official groups? - Skorak - 07-28-2016

He cannot really attack anyone and in house space it is even worse.

But I also don't see what Wild experiments you'd mean that run around just like that shooting stuff. Is there anything I could read up already?