Discovery Gaming Community
To Order| from CR| re: Technical advisory needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Order| from CR| re: Technical advisory needed (/showthread.php?tid=141829)

To Order| from CR| re: Technical advisory needed - Panzer - 08-05-2016

[Image: iwrXhMW.png]

I have been tasked by my government to approached you with a query on how to best deal with what appears to be a typical, alien jumpgate.

As you well know, one such installation exists in Coronado and is a source of concern for all inhabitants of the system. It is the firm belief of my government, that humans and aliens and their thralls cannot coexist and therefore the latter must be vanquished. For the moment however, a decisive campaign aimed at extinguishing all enemy presence in Drake would be ill-advised due to insufficient intel and very limited means, with which such an operation could be conducted.

Therefore, the current thinking is to somehow deactivate the alien gate and thus perhaps not remove the threat entirely - but most certainly neutralize it as far as the immediate surroundings are concerned. The problem however is, that we possess no knowledge as to dealing with aliens and their technology aside from recognition and violent disposal. While perhaps demolitions would disable the gate reliably, if records are to be believed - physically destroying an active gate of any sort can lead to a system-wide disaster, as evidenced by what happened in Texas.

We would welcome any advice on how to make the alien gate go silent and at the appointed hour, any "physical" support you would deem appropriate.

RE: To Order| from CR| re: Technical advisory needed - Omicron - 08-09-2016

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]
Comm ID: The Order Overwatch

For all who concerns in Colonial government. I am glad to hear from our allies in Coronado again.

As no doubt your Military officers would had shared with you, The Colonial Military has support of entire 3rd Order Battlegroup, commandeered by Admiral J. Hunter. Disabling of alien-made FTL portals is something we have been tirelessly working on for more than a decade. It is one project among wider umbrella of Contingency Nemesis however all of its details are classified to all but the highest echelons of The Order. We were however conducting various... experiments in application of said Contingency and have already selected Coronado Knossos-class portal as one of the candidates. Exact details concerning how to end this menace will be shared on need to know basis with your military commanders.

Furthermore, some of the theory concerning what we name "Knossos" - an alien jumpgate. It is correct in assumption that physical attempt to decay the gate by means of sheer firepower are generally destined to fail. We do not intend to expend our fleet assets at most brute and most costly solution to the issue at hand. Those constructs have endured centuries, millenias... and far longer periods of time, surviving cataclysms of interstellar scale and remaining in various state of functioning. Destruction of the gate by any way known to us is however perfectly safe for Coronado and well-being of Colonial Authority in the system. To support my claim, I have read the Texas gate reports issued to the government officials centuries ago concerning why the experiment has failed. Ultimately what doomed the system was in fact misaligning hyperspace transit through dark matter clouds clustered around House of Liberty, not gate itself.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
Black Fleet, 1st Battlegroup "Wargods"
O.C.V. Fedayeen

For Toledo
Desperta Ferro