Discovery Gaming Community
To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola (/showthread.php?tid=142038)

Pages: 1 2

To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 08-12-2016

[Image: Obc4SBb.jpg]

COMM-ID: Enma Loyola
TARGET-ID: Maren v. Westefeld

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Good evening, Maren.

Me and my people are starting to face some logistic problems, especially when it comes to shipments into deep Omicron space. In the best case we have to supply our wing in Delta and sometimes we have to move even farther. Apart from that Altair and Lichtenfelde could use more supplies as well. I am currently working on improvement of our logistic networks.

I'm currently thinking if we can get ZBT-1002 Zoner Deep Space Transport, usually known as "Whale". This ship is capable to transport a decent amount of cargo, usually "Whales" are not looking too questionably. It's also capable to fly a vast distances within the Omicrons. Of coruse, for me, as for Maltese it will not be easy to get one. That's why I'm going to ask for your help, knowing your influence on the "T-Bird" and in potential on the other Zoners. We can find a lot of use for this transport, Maren.

What will you say?

Emmeleia.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 08-12-2016

[Image: 04_by_rhulaner-da2sxcj.gif]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED TEXT FEED]:::
:::[TEXT FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Maren v. Westefeld
Subject: (none)
ENCRYPTION: [Image: encryp_by_rhulaner-da2t4d9.gif]

Hello, Enma. Didn't really expect to hear you.

It's flattering that you contact me with this, I guess. Sure, I'll talk to T-Bird and see what I can do. Wouldn't it simply be easier to just contact Lividia or whoever manufactures these things and just commission one of them, though? I know that my fiance procured one of these things for a friend recently, and I'm positive that I could work out something that way as well. It all depends on how tracable the thing is going to be. Can't really have something that brings supplies to Lichtenfelde be connected to me. That would be really awkward to explain, you know.

In any case: I need the money. If possible, some plausible story on how I obtained it as well, with a way to prove it, if necessary. Nothing illegal or morally reprehensible, please. That would be really awkward to explain as well. Let me give you an example:

"Yeah, I made that money by selling people to Maltese land owners."

"..."

I think you understand what I mean here. Not that I care too much about slavery — It's necessary for Malta, after all — but I do have appearances to uphold. How did everything go after we parted ways in Cortez, by the way? One thing I wondered: Is Zoe aware of you? That really put me off, as I didn't really know how to act when she was listening. Hope you can shed a bit of light on that.

I'll see what I can do regarding this, though be patient. I can't tell when I can talk to people again.

Maren von Westefeld

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 08-12-2016

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

So you say they are producing on Livadia, that's interesting. Of crouse I could've learn it myself and contact them, but my chances would be lower. If you were a Zoner you would rather trust T-Bird than me, aren't you? I can imagine than Zoners are trusting each other more than to Maltese.

And money, of course, how much do you need? I can provide this operation with money of crouse, but I need to know the exact amount. As for backstory, you need it for T-Bird or for Zoners? In any case I see no reason to tell from where money are coming from. It is kinda obvious that most of the Maltese money are coming from cardamine or workers that were moved there. And I don't want my name flashing around a lot, I don't know if it's possible though.

As for Zoe, she is a pretty and useful girl and knows nothing. Good for her. Please, try not to cause unnecessary suspicion when it comes to Zoe. She is a bog moralist and I don't even know how it will turn then.

Emmeleia.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 08-13-2016

Weeell, actually, I just assumed that these ships were made on Lividia because it's the only Zoner shipyard that I know. I could very well be wrong there, which is why I said "or whoever manufactures these things". I do get what you mean with the trust issue, though. I mean, the Maltese kinda sorta rob the Zoners when it's convenient, so I can imagine that could be a real bummer.

Eh, I guess it's best if I just shove a bunch of money into T-Birds hands and tell her to buy it for me, and then proceed to conveniently lose the new ship, which would make me real sad, you see, since it was new and all? Sound like a good idea? No, it really doesn't. Give me time and I'll come up with something better. T-Bird is actually really busy at the moment, partially with something I entrusted her with, so that will cause some delays. I actually have no idea how much these things cost as well, so I'd wait before I'd start demanding any sum.

Also: I didn't know your barn door swung that way. I never really looked at women that way, but the adjective you gave her seems about fitting. I wish you the best of luck with her, I guess. Maybe as thanks for this, you could send me a cute picture of you two? You know, get a big ol' smile on those rosey cheeks of yours?

Maren von Westefeld

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 08-13-2016

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Give you time and money? I can do that, since we speak of long term project anyway. But still, I would not like this thing taking a lot of time. This is not an easy operation, but I can't call it too complicated either. And yes, Zoners are ususally more narrow minded that you think, it's actually funny, because they think that they are most free-thinking people of Sirius.

And what's wrong with the T-bird, doesn't she dedicating as much time for you as you asking for? I thought that I can expect help from this person, but whatever, I hope that you will manage to propose something interesting instead. Because for now it is not clear how to act in this and you must know Zoners and their way of thinking better than me.

As for Zoe, there is nothing special, she is just my bodyguard, that's it.

Emmeleia.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 08-15-2016

Welp, I took some time to think and I believe I got a good idea on how I could do it. I won't bore you with details but suffice it to say that it could involve Junkers. Resourceful folk, those Junkers — just trust me here. As for money, I guess it would suffice if you could wire 200.000.000 credits to Sweetheart and the rest I don't need I can give back, I guess.

Don't think too much of T-Bird. She's a grown girl and is very much able to handle that which has been delegated to her. She's been really docile indeed and I see no reason to drag her away from what she's currently doing if there are other just as desirable or easy options. We could, of course, wait until she can be tasked with this, which may take a week, give or take.

On an unrelated note: How sad. I was pretty sure Zoe was giving you eyes right there in Omega-49. No cute pictures then.

Maren von Westefeld

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 08-17-2016

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

I am not so rich, but I guess I can pay this. I will send them in a few. As for Junkers, I know quite a few of them personally, but those are more marauders than junkers. I hope it will go quick, since I don't like to wait, especially when I'm paying so much.

I have no desire for it to be done by T-Bird. It was just eh... first thing that came to mind. If you will find your own way to do it and it will actually work, then I don't mind at all. Once again, you know those Zoner people better than me, so I trust you as myself at this point.

As for Zoe, I honestly don't know, I can't see any sempathy from this person. And I'm not sure if it's even matter to be honest. She is just doing her job and that's all about it.

Emmeleia.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 08-26-2016

Sup En,

So here's the deal: We got the ship, or rather, someone who'd sell it to us. However, my fiance's got a bit of a problem going on, since he hardly knows you and fears that this will end up being a slaver vessel. I know, he's got a bit of out-group homogeneity bias when it comes to the Maltese, but please don't hold it against him, as he's a simple man, with simple desires. We all want to be happy, don't we?

He proposed this: You'll visit us and we'll have a bit of a friendly chat over dinner, we three. All he wants is your word that there isn't going to be any slavery happening on that vessel and you should be good to go, provided you fork over the cash. I mean really, that isn't too much to ask, right?

And he also told me to attach this. If you want to keep your sanity, you shouldn't listen to it.

Maren von Westefeld

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 08-27-2016

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Eh, you see, I'm usually busy and especially busy, I can find some time to have a dinner, but nothing more. Also you both should've pick a place that is close enough to Malta, I have a lot of things to do on the ground those days. If I can get into a space, it's only bordering systems and only for a short time.

You can also come to Malta, that works too, if you want to. Maybe you even would like to talk with so-called 'slaves', but that's really up to you. If you don't want me to transport a workers in this transport, this is possible, I can promisse it. There is no problem to repeat the same face to face, of crouse. Quite honestly I don't understand what's wrong with transporting those workers, but if that's something special for you... Well, that's odd.

Emmeleia.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Maren v. Westefeld // From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 08-28-2016

That you're busy is perfectly understandable. Do note that this is just a formality. My fiance wants to get to know you at least on a professional level. I know, that is sort of weird given the last message, but that's how it is. So, given your stipulations, we propose the following: We shall move to Freeport 11 in Omicron Delta or Freeport 10 in Tau-37 with the Corvo, to be as forthcoming as possible. Having made your choice, we will decide on a time on a short notice, though we would propose it within the next two days.

Maren von Westefeld