Discovery Gaming Community
Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Reporting a character's name from the Player List (/showthread.php?tid=142365)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reporting a character's name from the Player List - sindroms - 08-21-2016

Good day.
As you might have noticed, due to some advertising, we have a huge influx of new players, especially from Russia.

This comas, as you might guess, with certain issues - especially when it comes to names not being up to our community's preferred levels.

Meme references, country of origin, all of those things I think I would not be overblowing it if I said that we see them every day. And yet - at the same time this rulebreak is so minor, nobody wants to waste their time to submit a sanction report. Most of the time it is not even worth a sanction in the first place.

As such I would like to propose if it is possible to be able to click on a character's name from the Player List and get something like this:

[Image: 5cgdJjs.png]
Let us say we wanted to report the meme name. You click on it and a window pops up, similar to the Report Post feature:

[Image: NKYWcQX.png]

And boom. The staff will get a report through the ModCP/staff CP alert system the same way as posts are reported.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Angels should also get that alert, if possible. Not sure if it is.

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - evanz - 08-21-2016

one thing that pops into my head,

we have advertised in the past without brilliant success

where is this advertising?

that was quick and "a lot from Russia". anywhere else?

admins are going to be a lot more busy from now on

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Zyliath - 08-21-2016

Not much I do say on this, except:
Nice job, Mr Spazzy.
----------
That said, on a more serious note, I find it a good idea.
Could help to better handle the meme name reports overall.

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Inferno - 08-21-2016

Hi I am no one important but I approve of this idea.

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Yber - 08-22-2016

Personally I don't think "John Cena" is a name that should be reported. He's not a polemical person of any sorts and he's not really "trollface" or "megusta".

I'd suggest soft measures for these new players, being slapped straight away may make them turn away as fast as they came.

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Hannibal - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 12:02 AM)Yber Wrote: Personally I don't think "John Cena" is a name that should be reported. He's not a polemical person of any sorts and he's not really "trollface" or "megusta".

I'd suggest soft measures for these new players, being slapped straight away may make them turn away as fast as they came.

after 2 admins talking to that person and 1 or 2 angels plus another forum moderator ,i've just rename him to "renameme"

is that a soft measure? i'd like to think so.. Angel

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Inferno - 08-22-2016

I found a player named 'Jesus' on the player list today. I'm pretty sure he couldn't fly a spaceship.

This report feature would be nice, so that I dont have religious deities flying around pirating me for 2 million or shooting some bounty hunter

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Magnifique - 08-22-2016

A useful tool for reporting obvious troll names and people who know they're trolling, but wouldn't it be less work for the admins if people talked to the people about their names ingame first, and only report them if they refuse to rename to something reasonable?

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - JorgeRyan - 08-22-2016

In my short time on the server, I've seen worse names than "John Cena", namely "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" and "Cummies" to name a few. So yeah naming your character after a person/meme is a bit weird but its still a proper name not some spammed symbol(s) or worse. And while I can't find it now, I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the name you chose should be a reasonable name for the ship or character you are playing as.

RE: Reporting a character's name from the Player List - Magnifique - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 12:35 AM)Inferno Wrote: I found a player named 'Jesus' on the player list today. I'm pretty sure he couldn't fly a spaceship.

This report feature would be nice, so that I dont have religious deities flying around pirating me for 2 million or shooting some bounty hunter

Jesus is a moderately common name in south America.