Discovery Gaming Community
To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' (/showthread.php?tid=142872)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-05-2016

- - - - SECURE TRANSMISSION INITIATED - - - -

COMM ID: Avery Reeves / Paragon Reaper
TARGET ID: Goro Yoshida
SUBJECT: Information depository
ENCRYPTION: Apollo
PRIORITY: HIGH

initializing image feed...
no image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: mgasxy7.png]

Here is where I'll deposit any and all evidence worth reporting back to you to ensure the safety our people. Some time ago, Mister Weisen asked that I share with him files regarding the event of the rogue naval bomber. That seems to have become a common piece of knowledge to those with good ears however, so I'll step up from that favor and provide you with the following files.
ATTACHMENT DETECTED
Files one and two will be sufficiently 'prepared' for you to open, but file three remains code locked and securely encrypted for what I must urge you to believe is good reason, a lot of good people would be at risk if that information were by some accident let slip, I'm not suspicious of you in any sense, and you have my full trust, but once again I must be cautious of how I handle affairs which will greatly affect the people around me.
Files one and two are audio logs that you can play back on any of the standard terminals your installations possess. They represent two exemplary cases in the field of nomadic infection in subjects, wherein in the former it was proved that such infection could be detected through the use of a brain scan, and in the latter the subject was rid of their incubi without being killed.
In case you wish to build this device yourself, you'll need a medical grade scanner, capable of accurate monitoring of the subject in question's brain activity. Along with a dampener to suck in the substance we believe responsible, namely azurite. Although ironic, you will need some amount of azurite in order to actively disrupt its conductive nature, since azurite only appears to be "compatible" with either nomadic structures or other pockets of the gas itself. Procuring this substance will be a tremendous pain, but I'm sure if you intend to replicate this equipment and test those you have suspicions on, you'll find the means to manage.
That's all for now, I'll contact you here if I find anything important.

Reeves, over and out.

- - - - SECURE TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - -

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Yoshida - 09-05-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Informant Reeves,

Thank you for sharing this intel with me. While I am not pleased to hear you do not wish to share with me File Number 3, I will respect your decision. However I can assure you that in my line of work, no mistakes are allowed to happen.

It is interesting that azurite is a catalyst in a number of nomad organic combinations, unfortunately this element is extremely limited and rare. Tell me please, is the Liberty Navy possessing it in significant quantities?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-05-2016

The Liberty Navy's stores are in fact mere dregs that I assume were procured by the Core, as such I'm not aware of any incoming transactions that'll be bringing us shipments of azurite anytime soon. For my own testing purposes, I'd managed to strike a deal under diplomatic talks of the independent nature with members of Battlegroup Auxesia, since they had been able to obtain some for themselves.
The current stores held by the Navy are low, largely because they don't seem interested in procuring any right now. I'm sure with enough requesting, a shipment could easily be acquired through the means of the Core.
And you're correct by assuming azurite to being the key to many nomadic activities, consider it a cement of sorts, without it the construction of nomad structures or technology is only half as fruitful as it should be. The reverse engineered clones of nomad weaponry used by the LSF are horribly ineffective since they were manufactured without the use of the gas. Likewise the lulling of an incubi into a state of falsified safety is made easier by the presence of trace azurite, which can then be sucked away immediately by said dampener to send it into a panic, usually ejecting itself.
If you're interested in obtaining a quantity of azurite, please inform me as to how much and I will see if procuring some is feasible or not.

Reeves, over and out.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-13-2016

I've never questioned my duty to the job more than I am right now. The sheer... reckless negligence of it all... in the face of one of our pilots dying and the other being declared M.I.A. Whom I feel we're never going to get back due to how effective things seem to have been as of late.
I've remained in service this long purely out of a sense of obligation to the people, but I feel the people they trust their lives to aren't taking things seriously. The Navy and the L.S.F are too busy fighting each other to see the real problems standing right in front of us.
I can't be a martyr to a shameless oath anymore, one that doesn't take the sacrifice of its takers seriously. One that takes all they have and blatantly dishonors them by staying the same course.
I can't don this uniform, I'm a prisoner to a cause that was lost a long time ago. I want to be free of it... independent from all the lies and the red-tape so that I can see a situation for what it truly is.
It's time I did take Mister Weisen up on his offer... Tell me what to do.

Reeves, over and out.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-14-2016

For the time being, I'll wear this uniform of over-inflated backroom politics, purely because a friend told me that I was still capable of making this change from the inside.
Regardless, I'm going to trust the handling of the corrupt to the capable hands of you and your people. And whenever the opportunity graciously presents itself, I'll hand over these aforementioned corrupt individuals.
There are a few things I need to know in order to enable an understanding of context when collecting and relaying future information. Such as what the Lane Hacker's stance is on all this infighting between the L.S.F and the Navy.
Moreover, give me a list of things you need to know and I will dig for them, provided they can be dug for.
I'm being put under a lot of stress as of late, but it's only reminding me why I bear this burden. It's not for me, it's not for the navy, it's not for anyone else. It's for those people who are too scared to raise their own voices.
I'm going to give them one, by being the change I want to see, and by doing so from the inside. All I ask is that you help me.

Reeves, over and out.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Yoshida - 09-16-2016

...uploading.data...

Good day Mr Reeves.

It is a bit disappointing to realize that this partnership lasted only so little.

But I understand your inner struggles -- I had them too when I was working for Ageira Technologies. Anyway a promise was made to you Mr Reeves and our word is always kept. And you decided to capitalize this promise now. So the question that remains is, where do you want to end up Mr Reeves?

Before you embark for your new life however, it's vital to extract important information. Number one, I would like to have any files of contact between The Order and the Liberty Navy, if there are any. Number two, I would like to finally receive this File Number 3. I am going to trust you and assist your escape, so I expect the same level of trust. And finally, number three, any illegal nomad research or contact conducted by the Liberty Navy.

As for your question, we support the rogue LSF side because we have evidence of a number of suspicious activities, not including the disappearance of high-level government officials.

I will be eagerely waiting for your response. Time is not in our side Mr Reeves.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-16-2016

COMM ID: Avery Reeves / Paragon

As per your kind request for files, I'll dump them below.
1: Initial correspondence
2: Worth noting
3: File Number - 3

For the time being, merely make preparations in the event that this escape must be performed. The least implicating methods of doing so, would be to make it seem like I'd gone missing in action, pursuing some criminal element in the Badlands. My transmission before the last reached you immediately after a disagreement with an operative of the ESRD. I had claimed that our forces were made up of nothing but corrupt politicians, too busy gazing upon exotic dancers and breaking their own laws. Upon scanning said operative, I found exotic dancers in their cargo-hold. And you could say I... "flipped out". Nevertheless as an apology for my indecisiveness, I've still gathered all your requested files, along with the degrading of the code protecting file number 3, to be sufficiently 'accessible' for you.
There will come a time when you and I will fly under the same wings, but not today. This partnership will continue, I will remain a Naval Pilot as well as your informant, and together the corrupt will be given what they deserve.

Reeves, over and out.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Yoshida - 09-20-2016

...uploading.data...

Mr Reeves,

That was the second time I had sent coded instructions to those who were chosen to indirectly assist your escape. And twice their orders were recalled. I really hope the third time, whenever it arrives, will be successful. Because I can assure you, there won't be a fourth time.

The files you have shared with me are quite interesting, in fact more valuable than even the previous ones you provided. Apparently, you were pivotal in creating the Marshal Program. Do you know how dangerous it is? If command falls into the wrong hands, these operatives can technically coup the entire government. I would like to know more about their commanders, training and powers of this unit.

It is also interesting that the upermost echelons of The Order are in contact with the Liberty Navy. It seems they have omitted this rather important detail, an alarming fact if you ask me.

Good work Mr Reeves, I am impressed.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-20-2016

COMM ID: Avery Reeves / Paragon

Your slight frustrations regarding my flipping back and forth regarding my transfer to your cause is justified and I myself understand it. It makes you seem indecisive and purely because I can't properly make up my mind yet.
Rest assured, I will not belittle that promise any further and the day I do call upon it will be the day this partnership ends and our days as wingmen begins.

The Marshals were designed with preventing the incidents surrounding the Alaskan Betrayal in mind. Their specialties are numerous when deployed but focused towards keeping nomadic actors out of the Republic's hair, so to speak.
The only danger they could ever pose to the Republic would be if they were manipulated into arresting key officials, something they haven't done thus far and most likely won't do. Given how rigidly the Navy's begun to check itself after that whole civil-war incident and the loss of key individuals.
The unit is granted the unique power to investigate anyone of being in dealings or subverted by the nomads, regardless of the suspect's position in the Republic. As for their training, I basically when the full length to which my paranoia could go, sharing with them every tid-bit of knowledge about the nomads, infection, anything I knew or that the Navy had managed to document over the years.
I initially offered up the concept as a variant to our traditional marines, but ultimately decided to teach this unit to be self sufficient in investigating incursions and learning from them. Given the fact that the LSF no longer coordinates with the Navy, this decision proved fruitful.

They aren't commanded by a single individual, that would be too risky, even I with all my moral codes and restraints could not trust myself with the position of holding command over them on my own. Instead, they report to the Admiralty, key ESRD officials and perhaps in situations dire enough, directly to the President. They were born and then bred to be loyal to the House and its people, and as such none of them will ever turn, unless forced into subversion. I personally evaluated each one and found most to be more stable and mentally sound than myself or anyone close to me were.

The training involved for each operative is highly intensive, in order to initially flesh out the unit, we started with a gradual but nonetheless rigorous training regiment, standard marine training, following immediately by special knowledge only the instructors of the ESRD could provide. Any further additions to the unit in the future, will undergo a specialized training course, handled purely by the ESRD. The finalized course for future operatives is a year long and is built with the growing nomad threat fresh in the minds of myself and those that signed off on this.
At present, there are 100 operatives. Each identified by a number and not a name, they work in teams of four with one appointed leader for field operations. Some are kept in reserves for National security, while others are actively deployed.

No equipment is cited as "too experimental" to them, the fruits of research into azurite based production had yielded very few working models of hybridized assault weaponry for troop based combat, this equipment is held in a very tight fist, but the Marshals have access to it.
The Marshals alone are not enough to coup the entire Government, there are too few, such will always be the case. But their utility is without a doubt, tremendous in combating the newer threats we've been facing as a species.

Do not let their small numbers lead you into the assumption that this unit cannot handle the threat of the nomads. The Marshals have and will contain or even re-contain situations that appear utterly dire to you and I. Most of them don't even think the way you and I do, all they have is the job, no external influence. All they see is the path ahead and people they owe it to, to keep safe from what it is they hunt. The Marshals trust their fellow citizens and superiors in the Government, but will regularly verify to ensure this trust isn't wastefully placed.

I had originally hoped that they would help root out the malefactor that was manipulating the Navy and LSF against each other. But time proved too short and the enemy too quick. At least for me. For the Marshals however... the event will never leave them. It'll be all they ever think about. Every single action any of these operatives ever make in the future cannot be predicted, purely because every encounter changes them, the intense training provides them a base to work off of, but time and experience teaches them the best means to handle the enemy. They have a saying among themselves, I believe they've justifiably come up with it. "Defeats may be crushing. But our response even more so."
Pit them against the devil, and I'm fairly certain they'll learn how to crucify him.

Stay safe, friend.

RE: To : Goro Yoshida | From : 'The Vigilante' - Reeves - 09-24-2016

COMM ID: Agent Avery Reeves

Greetings again, I thought it best to give you the heads-up before you hear this from some other vague source. I've resigned my post within the Navy and taken up a position as an Agent within the Agency known as 404. The terms of this partnership may be subject to some change due to the increased freedom to negotiate for the betterment of the House.
I do also want to report one event that was slightly inconvenient. I ran into a Lane Hacker while on my debut patrol for the Agency, well him and an Outcast, they were fairly hostile from the get-go.
I informed the Hacker that I would grant him a trip to Curacao under a solid alias, merely to get the fellow out of my hair and to not sour relations. I even mentioned my ties to a certain 'Provacateur' within the Lane Hacker ranks.
Regardless of which, it came down to a fight and I was forced to terminate said vessel. Enclosed are the full logs below, I apologize for having to take them down, but they literally provided no other choice.
Visual evidence of their identification and squawk

Stay safe, friend.