Discovery Gaming Community
[Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 [COMPLETE] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 [COMPLETE] (/showthread.php?tid=142873)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 [COMPLETE] - sindroms - 09-05-2016

||TRANSMITTING DISTRESS SIGNAL||
Signal duration - 1:00:00

=======================================

" [...] no use. Mission control, this is Theta 18. The transport is damaged, pilots have already ejected and it is not responding to automation requests. The cargo seems to be intact, but the ship is slowly drifting off the transit area and towards the field. We are going to try and mop up all of the hostiles in the area so we can get a hauler here to transfer the goods. We have the pilots safe with us and it seems as though they have a trace program active on it. It should automatically send out a distress signal in a few hours, it should give us enough time to secure the area."

"Roger that, Theta 18. Do not worry about the transport for now, focus on the Rogue contacts. We need you to clear the area before we can send a salvage party. Wait for the auto-trace and have the place green by the time it hits. Our transport will be waiting by then.

Mission control - out."

. . .

"[...]got all of that? Good. Mission successful."
...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

Treasure Hunt Event: Liberty Police Patrol #58

Synopsis: The Liberty Rogues have done well - tipped off by the Lane Hackers on Mactan, they have intercepted and successfully disabled a Liberty Police Armored Transport transporting a hefty amount of Credits in the form of untraced credit cards. However, that is as far as they got - the convoy being a bit more heavily guarded than anticipated, not allowing the Rogues get away with the loot and, both sides being caught up in the firefight, the transport is left to drift off into the endless depths of the Cortez System.

All is not lost as the transport and the goods inside do have a trace. An automated distress beacon will activate at a certain point in time, allowing the ship and its contents to be found. By either party - thanks to the Lane Hackers.

Event Setup:
The ship named Convoy.58 is an armored transport, which has a large amount of 1,000,000$ credit cards on board, at a value of around 80,000,000 credits.
This ship is currently F1ned somewhere off the plane within the Cortez system.
At 20:00 UTC today on the 2016.09.05, the ship will be logged in and a single screenshot showing the ships location in relation of nearby solars will be posted in this thread. It is up to you to find the ship and claim the prize. The credit cards can be sold on any station.

However - keep in mind, creditcards take up cargospace, if you are in a fighter, you will not be able to haul them all! So better team up with a buddy or get something that can defend itself AND is big enough to hold it all.

Event Rules:

-Any and all IDs are allowed to participate in this event.

-There are also no limitations on ship type.

-The ship Convoy.58 can be treated as a combat target by any ID/Ship combo - it must be destroyed to get the cargo.

-Players must abide their chosen ID during this event - engaging whoever has the credit cards is only allowed within the rules of your chosen ID.

-Unsportsmanlike conduct such as using an [Angel] ship to .chase the event transport in order to locate it will be met by harsh repercussions.

Proof of goods: http://i.imgur.com/UgQqxwl.png
Any questions regarding the event itself can be given here and will be answered.

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 - SnakeLancerHaven - 09-05-2016

Nayz, I'll try to be there good idea there Spaz!

EDIT: DAMN IT, I'm on duty tonight Q.Q FFFUUU well have fun everyone.

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 - Operator - 09-05-2016

Ohhhhhh, free money!

Gonna make some plans

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 - sasapinjic - 09-05-2016

Credit cards ?

EDIT :

Great idea for event , thank you .

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 (Today: 20:00 UTC) - sindroms - 09-05-2016

Also, guys! This started off as something I wanted to do independently, but the Greens were kind enough to provide the money and the creditcards themselves for the event so I wouldn't burn a hole in my bank.

So give them some love, kay?

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 (Today: 20:00 UTC) - Freeport7 - 09-05-2016

is the transport ship vacant? isn't there any civilians on board? - if there are, then i'd prefer to go there just to save them instead of destroying the transport for credits

EDIT: OK, i just read that the pilots have been ejected.

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 (Today: 20:00 UTC) - sindroms - 09-05-2016

Event starts in 30min.

10 minutes until SOS.

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 (IN PROGRESS!) - sindroms - 09-05-2016

||TRANSMITTING DISTRESS SIGNAL||
Signal duration - 1:00:00

RE: [Treasure Hunt Event] - Liberty Police Convoy #58 (IN PROGRESS!) - Inferno - 09-05-2016

That is some distance. I wonder if anyone will actually find it.

I feel that someone, somewhere, will bring in a battleship and kill everyone else, then run away with the credits.