Discovery Gaming Community
Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) (/showthread.php?tid=143146)

Pages: 1 2

Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - HuggieSunrise - 09-11-2016

[Image: ishmael.png]

The pyramid had been rearranged for the event, yoshida the guest of honor had been for lack of a better word smuggled in through many proxies and intermediaries since arriving on Malta.

Thomas was there.. enshrouded next to Satrina the matron mother in humanoid form. her face was visible and recognisable the othow them and so they would recognise his face.

being brought to the place under such secrecy was more for Goro's protection than theirs. Since a majority of the hybrids and non maltese were at the asteroid base Santa Verna now. This was a gathering of Seraphim, Maltese, and Inner circle family. Which Yoshida was being adopted into.

"Haog" Approached Yoshida and introduced himself.

[Image: th_starman.jpg]

"We all sort of sit together and share where we are all currently In our work so that you know where we all are... This is what you'd call the reception. When that's completed it will be you and Satrina for the inception ceremony, as she's the conduit to the light what you talk about with them is for you and you alone.

The only odd part is you're the first one to introduce yourself... Oh in a few moments. You don't have to talk much just introduce yourself express what you hope to accomplish blah blah."

Haog hoped Yoshida would relax and figure out this was a gathering of family. Maybe even like this formal stuff.

Thought it wasn't obvious Haog spoke and related to yoshida like someone he had met before. But the contrasting green and blue eyes of the xarch was quite unique you'd think remembering when would have been easier.

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracle Exarchs only) - Yoshida - 01-25-2017

The Pyramid, also known as the Great Temple was a place shrouded in rumors and hearsay among the Maltese for centuries. After gazing around for some long moments, Yoshida understood why it had earned this mythical reputation.

Yoshida felt the energy of the place surrounding his weak body. After three days of fasting by consuming no food or water, only cardamine, he was physically exhausted especially after what he did in order to reach the Temple in secrecy. His appearance was also quite unusual; instead of an expensive male suit, he was wearing a simple veil to signify his humility with only the Exarch insignia adorned on it.

"Thank you Haog."

The Professor Provocateur quietly said to the High Exarch and smiled weakly, his usually intimidating expressions were all but nonexistant.

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracle Exarchs only) - HuggieSunrise - 01-26-2017

"You can call me Jim here. We've met."

It looked one another woman was being brought into the fold.. She introduced herself and spoke about being the black channel operator for many years till Orin took over the Cults A.I.

"That's Ninea.. I'm not sure where she's from but I think she graduated from Cambridge."

Her introduction was short and sweet most everyone there knew her already it seemed. A hologram appeared of a orb.

"Orins late."

Everyone else seemed somewhat settled in their seats.. it was apparent the order was different today.. Thomas stood up and removed his hood revealing a vary stable human form.. looking a lot like his father Volion.

he spoke loudly and broadly as strong as anyone had ever heard.

"Each Exarch is deemed ready for their path to perfection... Though as many have taken the road to the light two.. have taken the other roads.. and have completed them. Its showing more that as the Seraphim grow in number that mankind has the capacity to ascend its ancient nature and be a peaceful force in the universe. Many of us are no longer what you'd call.. Human. indeed Malta has a reputation for cold and careless sentiment to the rest of humanity.. but this is not just because of the Orange dream and its mutations.. The border worlds have always been a savage and desperate void where survival is still a major concern.

The deceit and betrayal of malta is that every despot and ruler has not only sacrificed slave and ship for their ambitions but their own people... it is up to us to repair the brotherhood between maltese.. but without it.. she will fail.

We may not be able to succeed.. But in these times even the light struggles within its growing pains to adapt to the current paradigm. We will assist. we will heal. and above all the four tenants will guide you.. on your path to ascension.

My time is passed... i would like to introduce to you .. a dear friend and loyal follower. Goro Yoshida."

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracle Exarchs only) - Yoshida - 01-28-2017

Once the sound of his name was heard into the halls of the Great Temple, Yoshida moved to the center of the temple. He opened his arms and bowed deeply, for a few moments. Then he rose again.

"Goro Yoshida.... This is just one of the names this person used in his life. He used to be called Steven Allen, before he was named Goro Yoshida, and then James Robinson for a few years. These are all empty vessels, carrying no meaning or weight. They were simply the means to an end.

If he is to be called with a name, the most fitting one woud be 'Servant of the Light' for he lives solely to serve the Light while desires no further distinction from any other Servant."

The Professor Provocateur said about himself, always in the third person, with confidence and an unflinching gaze.

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - HuggieSunrise - 01-31-2017

Satrina and Thomas looked at each other.. they've heard the servant pitch a million times. but in an effort to keep the tradition rolling.. They silently agreed to tiebreak with rocks paper scissors.

Satrina Won with paper. Good old Paper.

Thomas Stood and made the introduction a discussion. This was.. not uncharacteristic for these proceedings. most everyone present were to know everyones goals. There was nothing clandestine about becoming a better person.

"Service is important, but the road of the self is filled with many challenges. We are seemingly vexed by these.. obstacles.. but only you can master them. What.. as an Exarch are you looking for? How does that make you... who you are?" Thomas asked hoping Goro would lend his insight about himself more comfortably.

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - Zyliath - 02-17-2017

[Image: YNqXicG.png]
|------|
The Pyramid. Sajuuk has ever heard only rumors about this place on Malta, and he now understands why this mythical place was kept secret. Now, he had been called to it, and as he approached, gazing around, he felt the strong energy surrounding the place. Wearing his robes with the Windcaller insignia, he slowly and quietly made his way inside. As he entered, he noticed one of the Exarches standing in the middle, with Threewinds and another one that he didn't know, with the latter speaking to the one in the middle. He remained at a distance from the other Exarches, listening to the speech.

|------|

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - Yoshida - 03-20-2017

More and more cultists approached the Great Hall, standing witness in the ceremony. Yoshida remained resolute while addressing the questions.

"His enduring and persevering faith makes this servant who he is."

The Professor Provocateur answered and paused for a moment to let his words sink in. His eyes drifted momentarily further back to Sajuuk before they were focused back to Thomas.

"He has successfully deceived the greatest of minds in Sirius while quietly working for the Light. The challenges he faces are plenty, but he possesses both the ability and the convinction to overcome any obstacles lying on his path. Now we have set in motion an even greater challenge, and that is none other than procuring the Proteus Tome, this holy relic which was stolen by our enemies almost 24 years ago.

By unlocking its ancient secrets we will come closer to the Light than ever before!

Yoshida said triumphantly. Under his watchful eye, the Oracles created numerous new cells in Liberty and developed new methods of infiltration, manipulation and assimilation. Truly, they are on the rise.

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - Fryare - 03-25-2017

Gemini entered the Great Hall. The conversation about the Proteus Tome fascinated him, and he thanked Yoshida about the Oracles's work. About the Pyramid of Malta he knew nothing before he approached it. Many secrets must be discovered to seeking the light's path. He's a Cultist, and as it, he wish to listen the conversation, learn and understand.

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - HuggieSunrise - 03-31-2017

An odd stone like grinding got louder as the roof of the antechamber began to open. Everyone looked up revealing an odd purple and blue whirlpool that seemed to.. exsten through the ceiling into some other.. "place" all together.. it wasn't the sky of malta..

[Image: giphy.gif]

From the outside the pyramid was emitting a purple light into the heavens.. It was not quite visible from space but it was definitely seen from the ground as it bathed the surroundings in an odd teal tint.

The chamber itself.. was a different experience individually the one known as Sajuuk was greeted by his entire line by blood of all those before him. The greeted him individually.. some he knew some even looked like him and some oddly.. more colonial from different houses.. they all said to him.. "We are you and you are us.. everything we knew in life is yours."

Yoshida witnesses his own lineage far more diverse then ever suspected some celebrity and even noted minds were amongst them.. But even more surprising.. the lines of his lineage actually stretched to the farthest points of sirius.. he even had common in blood to people in this room.. Was it possible? could he be genetically related to this family? was this his family?

The vision was more representative than descriptive.. this would take research..

Knowing smiles and nods came from these genetic ghosts.. "All that we knew in life is yours.. it is your entitlement.. our legacy is your legacy.."

It was.. seemingly an eternal thing.. until it stopped.

Satrina stood and brought her hands out in a grand gesture..

"The legacy of exarchs is received, you are all named. Erat Erun Erundi... Estius Our family grows. and we will always be with you."

RE: Receptions and inceptions. (Open to Oracles) - Zyliath - 04-04-2017

[Image: YNqXicG.png]
|------|
Sajuuk, after what he witnessed in the whirpool, remain amazed to see his lineage in front of him...he seemed like in a moment of trance, when everything stopped, and he returned to its senses. He then turned to Satrina, which brought her hand out in a grand gesture, and heard her words:
"The legacy of exarchs is received, you are all named. Erat Erun Erundi... Estius Our family grows. and we will always be with you."
In an unnatural, otherworldly-like silence, the newborn Exarch Sajuuk, kneeled in front of Satrina, and said:
"In front of the High Mother, Master Teacher and the other Exarches present, I accept to bear the title of Exarch upon my shoulders. The road I have trodden already on will become even more difficult than it had been before, but I know that I can count on all of you, brothers and sisters. I will not fail my duty, for the Light is my beacon, our beacon. Today, I feel the Light itself shining upon me, and I shall bath in its shine."
After saying these words, he raised up, and turned to the other Oracles. He saw many that he knew - Haog, Orin, Yoshida, Gemini, Israfel, Jullia to name some. After looking at each of them, he spoke a sentence common to everyone:
"In service of the Light!"
He bowed to Satrina, and moved at the side of the other Exarches.

|------|