Discovery Gaming Community
To: Independent Miners Guild - From: Commander Randall Santiago - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Independent Miners Guild - From: Commander Randall Santiago (/showthread.php?tid=143162)

To: Independent Miners Guild - From: Commander Randall Santiago - Maltese Armed Forces - 09-12-2016

- -- -{ Transmission Initiated }- -- -

[Image: 2vaz6us.jpg]

[Comm-ID]: Randall Marcato Santiago - Maltese 72nd Fleet
[Receiver-ID]: Independent Miners Guild

[Subject]: Ceasefire

[Priority]: High
[Encryption]: Strong

Hola.

I'm certain this wasn't what you were expecting in your inbox today, but seeing as how the situation in the Taus and Omicrons is becoming rather tense for my people, I've decided today was the day I'd send my word.

I am Fleet Commander Randall Santiago, current lead figure of the Maltesian 72nd Fleet. I'm aware of Malta's stance towards the IMG, and the mirrored dislike reflected back towards my kin, but the Republic I represent has never held any ill will towards your band of miners. This Republic I represent is also separate from Malta in almost complete entirety, if only by heritage and bloodline, so the praise of the Nationals and the rest of the denizens of the homeworld hold little influence over our people.

But these are merely words, and words are nothing without justification. I'm aware of the distrust, and I'd be cross if you weren't skeptical as to why I'm contacting you. I believe that there is no true reason behind our brand of hatred. While past actions by the Nacion may say otherwise, I speak simply of the Fleet, as well as the Republic we serve. Therefore, I'm offering this; As with the Crayterians, I'm offering a ceasefire. A promise of no bloodshed between our two groups. It's a small step, but one I believe will be in the right direction, and one that could prove to be a sigh of relief for both sides.

Think on it. I'll be watching this channel for your response. Godspeed, and farewell.

Go with honor.

Regards,
Commander Randall Santiago, Task Force Imperium, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

- -- -{ Transmission Terminated }- -- -

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - From: Commander Randall Santiago - Jack_Henderson - 09-25-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Randall Marcato Santiago

¤ SUBJECT: Maltese 72nd Fleet

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Honourable Mr. Randall Marcato Santiago,

I have to admit that this message surprised me greatly because - as you already mentioned - our interactions often tend to look differently and end in violence.

However, you made if quite clear that you do not see this path for the 72nd Fleet, and this makes me interested in what you have in mind. You stress that you strive to follow a different course than other families on Malta, which I find an interesting choice. The Guild and the Outcast have not had diplomatic meetings with a real chance of discussion in what feels like centuries.

The offer of a ceasefire is most welcome in the eyes of the Guild. As you likely realized, the Guild is a lot less aggressive these days and Outcast raids have slowed down, so that it does not happen often that Guild vessels go on the offensive against Outcast vessels.

However, there is one aspect in which I have to contradict you, Mr. Santiago: the Guild cannot ignore slavery. We have been in a struggle for our right of existence and sheer survival against the Outcast for a long time and we have defended one thing with our lives: freedom. The system of Malta's economy based on slave labour is something that the Guild has vowed to combat, as we extend teh struggle for our freedom and our way of life to those that the Outcast want to see perishing slowly while producing Cardamine, which enslaves the mind and takes away the freedom in a different way.

Reading over this, it sounds harsh - which it is not meant to be. It is meant to portray the reality which is: we will always intercept Cardamine smugglers and we will actively and mercilessly hunt slavers.

I think the Guildmasters would not have a problem with a ceasfire between 72nd and Guild ships, and we would take a neutral-defensive stance only, however we would not be able to allow a slave transport with thousands of poor souls passage because the ship belongs to your group.

I would like to thank you for getting into contact with the Guild, and if this last aspect does not kill off any room for negotiations, I am looking forward to your answer.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
Operations Coordinations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - From: Commander Randall Santiago - Maltese Armed Forces - 09-26-2016

- -- -{ Transmission Initiated }- -- -

[Image: 2vaz6us.jpg]

[Comm-ID]: Randall Marcato Santiago - Maltese 72nd Fleet
[Receiver-ID]: Jack Henderson - Independent Miners Guild

[Subject]: Ceasefire

[Priority]: High
[Encryption]: Strong

Hola, Senor Henderson.

I am pleased to see that the Guild is accepting of this ceasefire. I had hopes dashed with fears, but I am more than happy to see my fears were misplaced. I do hope this ceasefire leads to more productive grounds, as it could spur for more prosperous acts in the future.

Your concern with slavery is indeed justified. I'll say it here, as I do actually enjoy this fact, that the Fleet opposes slavery in virtually every form. The use of slaves on Malta has been a growing issue in both my eye, and the Fleet's, and I assure you that we seek to combat it where we can. Each man and woman has a right to freedom. The Fleet itself is built off this principle, and that goes duly for any individual outside the Fleet.

Should you find any Fleet vessel hauling captive slaves to the homeworld, do refrain from destroying it. I'd prefer to deal with my own captains myself, as the Senate has made it clear to all personnel that we don't tolerate such acts of human detriment. Especially from our own people.

Once again, I thank you, Senor Henderson, for hearing me out. Malta has made itself quite the rough image, and it will only take more effort to clean it up so as to repair Malta and prepare it for the future. The Guild has my personal support, and I wish you and your fellow coworkers the best in your endeavors.

Go with honor.

Regards,
Commander Randall Santiago, Task Force Imperium, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

- -- -{ Transmission Terminated }- -- -

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild - From: Commander Randall Santiago - Jack_Henderson - 09-29-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Randall Marcato Santiago

¤ SUBJECT: Maltese 72nd Fleet

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Honourable Mr. Randall Marcato Santiago,

Under the terms you laid out, the Guild accepts the cease fire proposal put forward by the 72nd Fleet. I am having the message sent out to the Guild on how to treat 72nd vessels in the future.

Moreover, I would like to thank you and your fleet for the rescue of crew members of allies and the Guild itself in the recent Nomad assault in Tau 23. The exchange of casualties between the IMG Cruiser Pathfinder and your Cruiser went as soothly as I would not have allowed myself to dream about. I am hereby extending to your fleet - and especially the crews that put their own lives at risk in the engagement - the gratitude of the survivors' families who got their loved ones back.

Furthermore, Commandin Officer Elizabeth Hunt of the Cruiser Pioneer wishes me to convey her respect for the commander and crew of the Santa Maria.

Quote:The transfer of rescued crew was as professional as it can get, despite tensions in the whole theatre of operation running high. It took courage to comply with my demand to lower the shields first, and I am glad that the actions against the alien threat and the diplomatic efforts created enough of an environment that allowed us to exchange the crew. Thank you, Commander.

[Image: Aw8Ja1s.jpg]

[Image: wTte6Yi.jpg]

I have one more thing to add: Experience has shown that mistakes happen. If they happen, let's talk before anybody makes a move in reaction to some incident between the Guild and 72nd assets.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
Operations Coordinations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤