Discovery Gaming Community
Major Engineering log. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Major Engineering log. (/showthread.php?tid=143392)

Major Engineering log. - Wesker - 09-20-2016

Date: 19 September 823 A.S.

[Image: ckz4XCU.png]

Entry # 367 Chief Engineer Albert Schultz

After RHC-Yggdrasil docked one week ago and with ownership of the engine blueprints, the final engine modifications will be finished within a few days.

We extracted some of the engine components and replaced them those of our Jormungand class Rheinland MOX engines. Making the engine systems more easily repairable should they sustain any damage in combat. The Rheinland MOX engines also are more durable in the Radiated zones of the Omegas which the RHC-Yggdrasil will likely visit. The rest of the components seem to be similar if not identical to the components used by the Armee for their warships. Meaning the engine systems were the only systems in need of major modifications.

The Reactor as well as the engine systems seem to be compatible with the Rheinland MOX engines installed on the ship. The Cerberus batteries and long range cannons have been successfully installed onto the ship as well as the secondary turrets. All that remains now are the flak cannons which will require about another day or so due to their non-Rheinland origin.

The specifics behind the crew are to some extent classified. I've seen several SOA agents board the vessel since we finished arming it. Seems Fraulein Heinrich wants the best of the best commanding this thing. Not that I blame her, such beauty cannot be handled too carefully. Fraulein Heinrich has asked me to appoint some of the best engineers we have aboard the vessel. This will likely mean more work for me in due time with less assets to rely on back home. Other than that the ship should be ready to fly within two days time. The exact timing of its departure and destination are classified.

I should also probably note now that this vessel will require more frequent "check ups" due to the nature of the technology aboard the vessel. Once every 3 months the ship should be inspected for 2 days time.

RE: Finishing touches - Wesker - 04-17-2017

Date: 7 März, 824 A.S

[Image: asgh5rD.png?1]

Entry # 579 Engineer Dimitry Kuznetsov heading the "Lich" Project

Despite the challenge put before us working with what might as well have been - alien technology, we've successfully modified the ships structure to resemble that of the Lich with a few extra upgrades. Advanced targeting systems will make it easier for the pilot to decide when to maneuver and how to line up a shot. The targeting systems are also unique to the weaponry mounted on the ship, should the user decide she prefers something with more stopping power or more efficiency. The weaponry mounted was provided by the Red Hessians from shot down RoS vessels, a full barrage of "Scythe" mk2's mixed with anti shield weaponry will certainly provide a substantial amount of stopping power. The weapon systems seem to be perfectly compatible with with the design. The ships stealth systems and maneuverability were perks of the original design, but with some improvements to the wing plating the ship should be able to maintain its low profile even within planetary atmosphere -not visually of course-.

Weaponry originating from the Reapers of Sirius was provided by the Army, the Generalmajor had a specific setup she wanted on the vessel. This must be important to her, the amount of funding dumped into this project to keep moving in such a hastily manner is incredible. The Two extra engines installed onto the ship should increase the ship's impulse speed slightly, however, the design for the engines themselves are out of reach. Meaning the ship will still accelerate in cruise and impulse at the same speed as that of an ordinary Sabre. The Red Hessian engineers seem confident they can overcome this with a new engine design they came up with themselves.

Other than that, the systems seem to be running just fine, I almost pitty whoever is stupid enough to confront that ship, nevermind the pilot. Generalmajor Heinrich has quite a reputation among the People's Republic and the Army as a vicious fighter pilot. I don't think anyone in Red Squadron would be able to match her capabilities.

That's all for now, signing off.

Major Engineering log. - Wesker - 05-16-2017

Date: 16 März, 824 A.S

[Image: slloEMZ.png?2]

Entry # 469 Chief Engineer Albert Schultz

The IRG have made some amazing adjustments to the engines, the impulse and thrust speeds may be the same. But with the additional exhausts of the Lich design combined with the IRG's edits the cruise speed has been enhanced dramatically. Giving the ship the cruising agility of a scouting vessel with the Armor and firepower of a heavier vessel. Certainly a vessel worth giving to the Generalmajor. After two days the final components have been added, the weaponry tested, and the advanced scanner modified to fit the fighter class vessel. With all preparations finished the Generalmajor herself will test the vessel shortly.

RE: Major Engineering log. - Wesker - 10-15-2017

Date: 12 Oktober, 824 A.S

[Image: dYoAet4.png?2]

Entry # 643 Chief Engineer Albert Schultz

I must admit, the Coalition's resources are quite astonishing, even to my standards. The weapons and fighter-craft produced from this research center is amazing, the Generalmajor's craft is quite an achievement after taking a closer look.

With that said, the coalition have given us "non-fail-safe" weaponry, the refurbished weapons do not suffer the drawbacks that cause limitations in powercore and overall weapon efficiency. For maximum efficiency the Generalmajor has request a combination of weapons. While the reaper weaponry is efficient in a manner of speaking, the Coalition weaponry provides more precision and speed. Reaper weaponry is being kept in stockpile for future tests, with the resources as our disposal from both Wolfsberg and Mykoliav, I'm confident the Roter Blitz/Scythe hybrids will preform decently.

Field tests of course, are conducted and judged by the Generalmajor herself, who, even with the Reaper weaponry, has made superb use of the vessel's abilities.

The specific weapon layout has been listed below.

2x Dragunov SVD-1
2x Kalashnikov AK-1
2x Kalashnikov AK-2
1x Kalashnikov AK-2 Turret

A similar loadout has been installed onto the Generalmajor's personal Odin class fighter as well, the Generalmajor has denied permissions to conduct retrofits to the Odin's engine as she intends to use a replicated model of the one employed on her lich.