Discovery Gaming Community
To: The National Council - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The National Council (/showthread.php?tid=143479)

To: The National Council - Arioch - 09-22-2016

[Image: HHLpytK.png]

COMM-ID: FINN MCCOOL
TARGET-ID: NATIONAL COUNCIL

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Good day Council men and women -

I'm in fact onboard Valletta, having just finished a meeting with Marietta Mercante, the Administrator of the Corsica Intelligence Division. Using one of Valletta's terminals actually as I send this, hence the Council transmission formatting.

I'm sending this comm under the advisement of the Administrator in order t' request permits for the Ingenuus Research Group, specifically for authorization t' use our Corvo-class research vessels as well as our flagship, the mobile research facility and headquarters of the IRG.

As you are I'm sure aware, we have a team already on Ibiza, with a Corvo already moored there long term. Don't worry, bringing in the team and mooring on Ibiza was under the authorization from the prior ruling body, the Crimson Cross. I'm hoping though t' continue such allowance, as well as be granted use within the Omicron Tau, Omicron Alpha, and Omicron Beta systems. While the IRG had received access t' these systems from the Crimson Cross, specifically High Inquisitor Espinosa, I realize that not all permits or agreements have transferred over, or are still valid. I would be shocked though if the NC has no records of our authorization or our presence aboard Ibiza.

In case you need t' inquire about our use of the Corvo-class vessels, the IRG utilizes such vessels as mobile laboratories and research vessels. Outfitted only with gunboat defensive weapons, these vessels do not pose a threat nor have they, are they, or will be used in anything other than their intended purpose within the IRG - Research and exploration. The Ingenuus in turn only operates with CT-402 "Charon" Transport Turrets for defensive capabilities.

If you need anything further, please request such and I will respond over IRG comms.

Until then, safe skies.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The National Council - Skorak - 09-24-2016

[Image: cristinanctb.png]

COMM-ID: CRISTINA MARTELLI
TARGET-ID: FINN MCCOOL

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

I bid you good day,

I am well aware of your group working within Maltese space although I have yet to be explained what exactly it is that you work on. There is just too little time to read up on everything the Cross did. But at least we are finally talking now. So maybe you can lay me out your project plan and current status.

As for the rooms on Ibiza and the moored ship, they can stay of course although depending on the project we might have installations better suited for your kind of work but let us see about that then.

Until our own set of regional laws is in place, you have permission to enter our territory within Omicron Tau, Beta and Alpha. You can bring your flagship and Corvo class vessels into it. You will have to stay away from the unstable jumphole and the one leading to Omicron-85. I believe we both agree that we do not want to repeat the situation leading to all this.

We know that your ships have the ability to cloak. We do not want you to use these. What we also know is how curious scientists are about nomad appearances. You should know by now that these are not that uncommon here. Do not disturb them if you can avoid it.

Until then.

Cristina Martelli
President of the National Council of Malta

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The National Council - Ingenuus Research Group - 09-25-2016

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Good day Madam President -

I'm honored that you yourself have taken the time t' respond t' my comm. I'll cut straight t' the contents of the message, so as not t' waste your time.

The project, code named "Lightspear", is a joint effort with members of the now absorbed Crimson Cross and ourselves t' work on the Storta-class' unique quantum singularity reactor, which I have been informed are only created near the Razgriz abyss, hence the misunderstanding on why I was near the Abyss itself. The project is an attempt t' strengthen said Quantum drive so as t' not destroy itself upon shut down, as well as use the singularity t' create a gamma-ray burst cannon for an experimental vessel. Quite exciting work, if I do say so myself. I would though be interested t' hear about what other installations you may have that would make relocating such a project worth while.

Anyway, on t' other matters. I, as well as members of the IRG, thank you for allowing our research vessel t' enter Maltese space. Per your demand, we will of course stay away from the aforementioned locations. With regards the Ingenuus Cloak, while I would be more relieved had you said only under extreme circumstances can the cloak be used, I will of course respect your wishes and not activate our cloaking field in Maltese space.

Though that does lead me t' your final point, about Nomads being somewhat common in Maltese space. I understand there is a... how should I say, agreement? Where upon Nomads do not engage you, nor you them. Such agreement though does not provide benefit for us, and as such I do wonder as well as am cautious about possible attacks on IRG vessels from Nomads in your space. Should such an incident occur, I would humbly request that we be allowed t' use our cloaking device in order t' safely navigate away from attacks that threaten our safety. Of course, if such an attack and subsequent use of of our cloaking devices occur, a formal report will be submitted t' Council Intelligence, should such an agreement be made.

Thank you for your time again madam President, and I look forward t' speaking with you soon.

Safe skies.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group

RE: To: The National Council - Foxglove - 09-26-2016

[Image: TaIhoh5.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante
TARGET-ID: Finn McCool

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

I apologize on behalf of the Council. You will understand that the President is a busy woman and therefore prone to have a tight schedule, and thus matters that do not directly pertain to the higher ranks are, of course, delegated to those with sufficient time on their hands. To clarify, the prohibition of cloaking devices as described in the newly imposed laws of the National Council of Malta is in place to prevent entities from clandestinely entering restricted areas. While I personally agree that it is problematic to enforce, I would nevertheless urge you to heed the advice given by the President and refrain from using any cloaking technology. While we deem it unlikely for the Nomads to actively show hostilities towards you unless you have wronged them in some way, which is why the aforementioned devices really work to your detriment, we agree that, in case of such an event, you are permitted to use the device. Note that the National Council of Malta does not take responsibility for any damage your vessel might sustain while the device charges. Alternatively, you could just use Maltese technology and identifications over your stay, which would make things infinitely easier.

Now, in regards to accomodations for the project: We could offer your people to work on Galicia Research Station. Not only would this installation house proper equipment for scientific work, it would also be less cramped, which would at least be something that I would appreciate. It's location is also rather advantageous, as its location is rather quiet. If you agree to the transfer, please notify us over this channel and the necessary preparations can be started.

Also, how was that drink you took with you from Valetta? Never really been one for anything but water myself, really.

Marietta Mercante
Corsica Intelligence Division

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The National Council - Ingenuus Research Group - 09-26-2016

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Greetings again Mrs. Mercante -

I expected some delay from the President, given her status, so not t' worry.

As t' the matter of our cloaking devices, I appreciate the willingness of the Council t' allow such use of our cloaks, in the extreme case that something like that should occur. Obviously I hope that such an incident never comes t' pass, but it is better t' be prepared for such a case, rather than not have discussed it prior and a bigger mess is created because of such.

With regards the project on Ibiza, I'm very pleased and grateful for your offer t' utilize the Galicia Research facilities. Given the quite limited and cramped space on Ibiza, I'm sure the team there will be very pleased upon hearing they'll be moving t' dedicated laboratories and bigger space with which t' work. On our end, we would be very pleased t' accept and relocate, though I can't speak for those we're working with, notably Mr. Callahan, formerly of the Cross. Him and Inquisitor Espinosa were the ones who brought the IRG into the project, so ultimately they would have final say.

I'll reach out t' them if you would like, and will see if such a relocation endeavor is feasible.

until then, Safe skies.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group