Discovery Gaming Community
Connecticut: Suggestion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Connecticut: Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=14368)

Pages: 1 2 3

Connecticut: Suggestion - Grumblesaur - 12-09-2008

Okay, a lot of people have been wanting a 'Connecticut' that is connected to the capital systems, so in that I have designed a map [MS Paint FTW!] That will help deter powertraders and create a more complex PvP system.

Click for the diagram.
  • JH = Jump hole
  • O-Gamma = Omicron Gamma
  • O-Alpha = Omicron Alpha
  • NY = New York
  • NB = New Berlin
  • NT = New Tokyo
  • NL = New London
  • M = Minefield Battlefield
  • E = Minefield Entrance
  • R = Radiation Battlefield
  • A = Asteroid Battlefield
  • N = Nebula Battlefield
Scanners should [if possible] show all contacts.
Jump holes are spaced to deter powertrading. [Note, system width and length is 175km.]
Minefield has four entrances.
Nebula contains no explosive pockets.
Asteroids are not minable.
Weapon platforms near the jump holes and in-between neighboring ones have weapon platforms hostile to all players and fire Cruise Disruptors.

Good idea, bad idea, or groundbreaking idea?:P

Connecticut: Suggestion - Zeltak - 12-09-2008

175km isn't really that far if you compare the length you have to fly for e.g. Gamma to New York.

And to be honest, as long as these suggested jumpholes aren't one-way, I don't really care if you change it to 300km or 500km, people will abuse it.

Sorry for being so negative, but I really can't see this working.

Connecticut: Suggestion - Grumblesaur - 12-09-2008

' Wrote:175km isn't really that far if you compare the length you have to fly for e.g. Gamma to New York.

And to be honest, as long as these suggested jumpholes aren't one-way, I don't really care if you change it to 300km or 500km, people will abuse it.

Sorry for being so negative, but I really can't see this working.

Ever cruised 100k? It'll take you about 5 or more minutes. I can go through two or three systems in a Trade lane in that time, depending on their size. 175k is probably half the width/length of Newcastle.

Connecticut: Suggestion - Linkus - 12-10-2008

One way jumpholes, no place to dock. Simple solution that works.

Connecticut: Suggestion - tansytansey - 12-10-2008

It's no so much the time it takes to travel as the "Hit F2, walk away from the computer for 10 minutes, come back and you're there."
It's been suggested many times before, I think this is the third thread I've seen about this.

Besides, on an RP server, do we really need a way to make it easier to PVP?

Connecticut: Suggestion - AdamantineFist - 12-10-2008

It would be simpler to just make Conn copies for each house.

Connecticut: Suggestion - Barracuda-007 - 12-10-2008

' Wrote:It would be simpler to just make Conn copies for each house.
Exactly, This way it isnt abused. Like said before People will abuse it. It will take effect for Pirating, Smuggling, Trading, 99.9% Of things being done in Discovery. You may not think of it but it will happen.

My Thought, No it shouldnt be done. :rtfm:

Connecticut: Suggestion - GhostFace - 12-10-2008

Though it would be nice to have faster entrances to the Connecticut system, I will guarantee it will get exploited for power trading, attacks etc.

And even with the weapon platforms, if its designed to kill anyone, it would be a pain in the tush to get into the system. Like I said I would like to see something worked out.

" make Connecticut systems for each house" Adamantine Fist, which I actually think is a good idea but you loose numbers of players in the system if there are more than one. But could work out.

Connecticut: Suggestion - Coin - 12-10-2008

is there a way to limit what can enter a jump hole? for example the docking rings on the planets baulk at cap ships trying to dock with them.

could it be that ships with less than say, 400 cargo space CAN use these pvp holes, but more than that, 'docking not allowed'

possible?

On another note, suggest Connecticut as a prison for Pvp abusers, where they can't leave until they get the chuck norris award... could make em so bored of fighting... especially if no-one goes in there. could have all the pvp abusers locked inside, and unable to buy bats/bots heheheh

Connecticut: Suggestion - Lux - 12-10-2008

Yeah, except they took off the pwnage messages, so no more Chuck awards.

Anyways, I'm going to have to say no to this idea. Still, I would like the jump hole to Connecticut to be moved somewhere more neutral... Right now, it's quite hard for anyone other than Liberty lawfuls to enter the system, seeing as it's surrounded by lawful bases o.O