Discovery Gaming Community
To: Gustav Graves | The Lane Hackers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Gustav Graves | The Lane Hackers (/showthread.php?tid=144081)

To: Gustav Graves | The Lane Hackers - Vendetta - 10-10-2016

[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Low
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: 1.1/s
TOPIC: A Proposition

____

Mister Graves,

I spent a bit of time tracking down the relevant information about that runaway Osiris. In fact, two of our undercover operatives managed to track him down and discern his current position with the Republic. He's a Lieutenant Commander in the Fifth Fleet now.

Attached to this you'll find all the relevant data you need.

Visual Attachments >>>: Amenhotep assisting 5th I | Amenhotep assisting 5th II | BDR-804 Scan

I look forward to the reaction they give.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Gustav Graves | The Lane Hackers - G. Graves - 10-10-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Interruptor.Gustav.Graves.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: yFWONUL.png]

Good evening, Mr. Hunt,

Do excuse my mirth, but you have to admit that this is really funny. Not even a week within the Fifth Fleet and already a Lieutenant Commander? Hilarious! It really does make me wonder just how desperate those people are if they allow a defector, a runaway, a fugitive to assume a position in their ranks' mid command. Things like this make me wonder what the thought process behind such action is, if any. Security risks, potential doubleplay. Well, that's not my beer.

Returning to the matter at hand lest I get lost on a tangent or die of a sudden aneurysm caused by the sheer ludicrousness of the entire situation, let me express my surprise about actually hearing back from you about this. I am not a man of petty insults, or at least I would fancy myself as such, and thus I would urge you not to take offence at that comment, but I didn't reckon you would keep your word. That you did goes to show that I may have laboured under preconceived notions associated to your group.

As promised, hereby the information that we are physically able to part with in return for what you shared with me. Judging by the times associated with your recordings, mine are a bit farther into the past — by two days, to be exact. It would almost seem as if I have captured perhaps a smidge of the last hours the captain in question was in the service of the Order, or at least flying their banner. If you are wondering about circumstances under which this was recorded, it was during a Unioner raid on Texas, during which the Amenhotep assailed the unwitting Rheinland invaders, uttering the recorded with a straight face.

Thank you again, Mr. Hunt. I shall be sure to make good use of what you have imparted on us and vice versa.

Forwarded Data:

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Gustav Graves | The Lane Hackers - Vendetta - 10-11-2016

[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Low
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: 1.1/s
TOPIC: RE: Data.

____

Believe me, Mr. Graves.

A week in a fleet at such a rank is no more than a status card. It's my understanding that it's kept such a way due to the nature of the warship he brought with him. Were I in their position I'd of confiscated the warship until he had proven himself.

But I'm not.

Frankly, I'm glad to see the ship out of the Order's hands. I'm not happy about where it ended up, but there may be hope for him yet. Maybe somewhere along the lines he'll see that his urge to help everyone is stemmed by the Republic's selfish nature. Only then will he have to seek outside help to run from a second force. Only time will tell.

As for your statement - I am a man who has done business with your organization in the past, and I have been punctual on all but one occasion, which I intend to rectify very shortly. Having negotiated terms with the Professorship for a mutual understanding, I hope now you and your associates can see the benefit of working with us, albeit at a distance and with an obvious modicum of discomfort due to past incidents, but I digress.

I once more thank you for the recorded data and I hope you put what I've given to as good of use as you can. I'd hate to see such wonderful logs go to waste, and - well, I'm sure I needn't repeat myself about their integrity. Two Osiris-Class ships lost to the Independent Worlds on a rescue operation that could've been dealt with had they kept to their ever-so-often preached 'hard decisions'.

For all we know, they've let loose an infectee back in to the ranks of the Republic in a significant position of power. Willingly? Speculated. Perhaps their Modus Operendi consists of allowing insurgencies to occur so they might appear as heroes, saving the day at a later date to keep up their image as the self-proclaimed Vanguards of Humanity, but was it not the Lane Hackers who had helped them in the past? Two decades ago the Order were declared terrorists. Now, we sit as the same. There's a pattern here, and it's one I intend to not let ourselves end up as the former, because in order to survive we can't rely on edgy rhetoric's and past glories. We can't cling to the hope that one individual can be captured by the Infectees and miraculously make it out unscathed and unaffected by a species known for its subversion, control and indoctrinating abilities.

We can't rely on the integrity of a group once dedicated to eradicating this threat that now declares laws and attempts to control the Edge Worlds like a pseudo-House.

Though, I'm ranting, and I have a deal with the professorship to complete.

Good day.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED