Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes (/showthread.php?tid=144552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - SMI-Great.Fox - 11-06-2016

(11-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: I mean this change doesn't really balance things. If you want to decrease the consumption of Gunboats it's another thing. But increasing the energy usage of Basic Gunboat turrets doesn't really balance things if you want a balance at all. The rest changes are ships. Some ships got buffed and some got nerfed, that's fine.

Quote:Civilian gunboats for generic IDs. If you want to use something else at full power then you'd have to use the appropriate ID for it or file an SRP request.

Still better to fly whatever I'm flying right now instead of those ships.
But what's the solution for my kind of players who're not good enough to SRP a ship? Who gets refused and most probably will never have a chance to have a SRP ship?

Quote: Pirates and Freelancers aren't supposed to be able to use any tech they want at full core, there's meant to be a downside to having an ID with a limitless ZOI

Do you think I couldn't come up with an idea to get a faction ID, have 100% power plant and use their tech?
That's the problem. Is there really a big difference for you whether I'll fly an Outcast ID'd Gunboat with 100% power plant or a Pirate ID'd Rogue Gunboat (or something else) with 75%?

@Tutashkhia I have the perfect solution for you in which you wont have to make a single bit towards an SRP, get full 100% core on your Asco, and pirate your filthy guts out.

Get a Gallic Brigand ID.

(11-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote:
Quote:Just join a faction?

How about we just delete the Pirate ID from this game then?

Truthfully at this point, the ID is getting moot. Good work Antonio, don't change a thing.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - sindroms - 11-06-2016

The mentioned powercore changes have been implemented.
All existing characters with these ships have been updated [One by one, manually Sad ] to fit the changes.

Go test them out.

Colonial Cruiser
-Powercore: medium -> heavy

Core Destroyer
-Powercore: light -> medium

Liberty Rogue / Molly Destroyer
-Powercore: heavy -> medium

Coalition Destroyer
-Powercore: heavy -> light

Bretonia Destroyer
-Powercore: heavy -> light

Liberty Gunboat
-Powercore: medium -> light

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Antonio - 11-06-2016

Oh right, thank our wonderful admin @sindroms for finding the time and patience to manually edit powercores of hundreds of existing ships in the game all by himself. Definitely not a task anyone'd want to do, but he did it right away and he did it pretty quickly. (sun)

(11-06-2016, 06:59 AM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: Truthfully at this point, the ID is getting moot. Good work Antonio, don't change a thing.

Oh my bad, it's totally a dev, especially a balance dev's job to change IDs. Admins have nothing to do with them. /s

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Harley.Quinn - 11-06-2016

Quote:That was before the core changes, and frankly I liked that system more (where you had to ask for permission from any faction if you wanted to use their tech, with no core nerf), but we roll with what we have. If you're using a 75% ship there should be a disadvantage, there was barely any before the basics nerf.

That's what I meant. I prefer the old system, when you had to ask for permission for using their tech with no core nerf, and that was better.

Quote:Yes.
Somehow not a logical explanation. Because why should I have so many disadvantages if I choose to to fly a Pirate ID'd character? Give us normal civilian Gunboats instead of those total useless ships.
Somebody mentioned a "absolute scourge on the server". If we compare things, almost any other faction Gunboat is absolute scourge for an Ahoudari or other civilian Gunboats too. There will always be better and worse Gunboats.
There's a thing: we're not talking about duels here. We're talking about group fights, in which all Civilian Gunboats are total useless, especially when you're on an unlawful side, which is mostly outnumbered and overpowered.

Quote:The difference is that in 2010-2011 people used the Ahoudori, a civilian gunboat. One that is large, slow, and heavy. One still accessible to generic IDs today. And you may not remember this, but cap8 Zoner turret Ahoudoris were an absolute scourge on the server. Nobody liked fighting them because of how absolutely OP they were.

I do remember that, but it was still killable. Maybe in a Gunboat duels it was a big advantage, but such things happen to happen nowadays too.

P.S Duel isn't a thing here. Because it almost never happens in RP. Unlawfuls have to be outnumbered and overpowered(and it's logical and normal) which is already a big disbalance. And when we add so many restrictions, such a nerf system and much more energy usage for using Basic Turrets, it makes everything more disbalanced too.

P.S.S If you want to balance things for Connecticut, where we go and duel, then it's a good thing. But things are quite different outside of Connecticut. I know quite well which faction to join, which ID to get and which ship to take with 100% core which will be a "absolute scourge" for the whole server to be honest.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Shaggy - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 09:35 AM)Antonio Wrote: Oh right, thank our wonderful admin @sindroms for finding the time and patience to manually edit powercores of hundreds of existing ships in the game all by himself. Definitely not a task anyone'd want to do, but he did it right away and he did it pretty quickly. (sun)

(11-06-2016, 06:59 AM)SMI-Great.Fox Wrote: Truthfully at this point, the ID is getting moot. Good work Antonio, don't change a thing.

Oh my bad, it's totally a dev, especially a balance dev's job to change IDs. Admins have nothing to do with them. /s

Just want to agree with antonio with sindroms. He has worked hard over the last few days and he deserves a rest. Great big kudos and thank you to you .

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Antonio - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 12:43 PM)Harley.Quinn Wrote: Somehow not a logical explanation. Because why should I have so many disadvantages if I choose to to fly a Pirate ID'd character? Give us normal civilian Gunboats instead of those total useless ships.
Somebody mentioned a "absolute scourge on the server". If we compare things, almost any other faction Gunboat is absolute scourge for an Ahoudari or other civilian Gunboats too. There will always be better and worse Gunboats.
There's a thing: we're not talking about duels here. We're talking about group fights, in which all Civilian Gunboats are total useless, especially when you're on an unlawful side, which is mostly outnumbered and overpowered.

The "total useless ships" just got buffed, and I bet you haven't flown either of them or fought against them yet. Instead of being ungrateful that your favorite toy got justifiably nerfed, because there -should- be a disadvantage if you use 75% tech, how about you actually go and test these gunboats and see how they perform, especially the Ahoudori.

I know why it bothers you so much. It's because you were spoiled to the previous status of gunboat prims and having infinite core even on 75%. So now that you actually do start losing core, it's a harsh change all of a sudden. If you didn't know, you can continuously fire for 20 seconds on a light core gunboat with 75%, which actually isn't bad at all and is a good foundation to balance other prims around. The gunboat class as a whole needs revision on that particular topic because they still don't drain your core on 90% and 100% gunboats, but that's not the topic here.

(11-06-2016, 12:43 PM)Harley.Quinn Wrote: P.S Duel isn't a thing here. Because it almost never happens in RP. Unlawfuls have to be outnumbered and overpowered(and it's logical and normal) which is already a big disbalance. And when we add so many restrictions, such a nerf system and much more energy usage for using Basic Turrets, it makes everything more disbalanced too.

Not true. Pirate ID barely participates in any groupfights, unless you willingly get yourself pinned down like a sitting duck because you want to PvP people and end up being swarmed by the lawfuls instead of actually doing Pirate ID roleplay.

(11-06-2016, 12:43 PM)Harley.Quinn Wrote: P.S.S If you want to balance things for Connecticut, where we go and duel, then it's a good thing. But things are quite different outside of Connecticut. I know quite well which faction to join, which ID to get and which ship to take with 100% core which will be a "absolute scourge" for the whole server to be honest.

How does that affect Connecticut/non Connecticut combat in any way, shape or form? Basics never were the best dueling gun in the first place, because you had faction guns with more dps (since you were almost always at full core). If anything, it balances outside of Connecticut because now if you wish to use tech you're not supposed to, you will feel your dps dropping down. There was no drawback before, and you know it.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Yaoquizque - 11-06-2016

Thanks for your work on all this.

I have a stupid question though : Why is the hatchet top turret mount no longer firing forward? That was the ideal spot for a light mortar and it turns out you can no longer face your enemy with this configuration.
My apologies if it was already answered, that said.

Gotta also note the Ku gunboat only fires 3 turrets on its sides, which is a tad limited.

Apart that, that's some solid work on caps, I think.

It's fixed and will be in the game as soon as the next hotfix hits. -Antonio

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Ramke - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 02:33 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: I have a stupid question though : Why is the hatchet top turret mount no longer firing forward? That was the ideal spot for a light mortar and it turns out you can no longer face your enemy with this configuration.
My apologies if it was already answered, that said.

I've been nagging at Antonio to fix that for a while, it's already done and will be in the next hotfix I think.

The turret is actually standing sideways, that's why you can't shoot forward...

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - SMI-Great.Fox - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 09:35 AM)Antonio Wrote: Oh right, thank our wonderful admin @sindroms for finding the time and patience to manually edit powercores of hundreds of existing ships in the game all by himself. Definitely not a task anyone'd want to do, but he did it right away and he did it pretty quickly. (sun)

The first part was directed @Tutashkhia. The second part I was being honest. Thank you in truth for the hard work you all have been doing to keep things going. Sorry if it didn't look that way on my part. Just clearing that up.

Oh alright, I misinterpreted it. No problem.