Discovery Gaming Community
[SAAS] Scientific Advancement Association of Sirius - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [SAAS] Scientific Advancement Association of Sirius (/showthread.php?tid=144644)

[SAAS] Scientific Advancement Association of Sirius - Arctic - 10-25-2016

Hello there, my name is Michael O'Reily. I am a dedicated astrophysicist with a background in making Kinetic weaponry, molecular shields, and various other projects and experiments.
Today I am sending out this message to bring together an association of people from all over Sirius to advance our ranges of technology. Now some will say 'Why do we need to advance in anything I am content right here'
Well my answer to you is why not advance to make relations better weather it be by war or by trading. With making strides in technology there soon might be way to use that technology to improve relations from all the empires of Sirius.
So, that brings me here today, I request for anyone interested in joining this association, please send me open a comms link with me and ask.

Now to what i will start this association off with is making our ties politically by saying, we are fully neutral, we will abide by the laws of the empire we will be in. Naturally there may be some bias opinions on the matter with in this association but, as it stands now, neutral no matter what happens politically around. The only way to get on our enemy list is by becoming a constant aggressor to our:
Pilots
Researchers
Developers
Testers
and any of the head administrative for politics.

The first project to try to bring some people to SAAS is developing a kinetic cannon. Refurbishing and reworking of old technology may prove impressive. Along with the kinetic R and D, there will be research into shields and armor types for the various types of ammunition for this.

As my final statement in this matter,
I hope for this to become a great ordeal that brings Sirius together but, by no means do i impose a military supremacy.

RE: [SAAS] Scientific Advancement Association of Sirius - Arctic - 10-29-2016

So to report some of my progress,
I've come to find that a small nuclear charge is the easiest way, and the cheapest, to propel a shell.
Also i have found that using Iron for this may not be to viable. Here soon I will be running test with a Tungsten cored shell as well as Platinum.
Report finished,

Michael O'Reily

RE: [SAAS] Scientific Advancement Association of Sirius - Arctic - 10-30-2016

Ah another report,
It has shown that Tungsten cored shells are an excellent round for a nuclear propellant,
Tungsten even showed abilities, when electrified, could pierce shields! Although the shell is shredded to bits that do not have the power to have any penetration.
When tested on the various Armors i had on hand, Armor VI, Heavy Armor II, and Capital Armor I, showed superb ability to penetrate heavy armor and crush capital armor to the point it is useless.
Now Platinum on the other hand, shreds as soon as it hits a shield. Platinum also show sign of being able to penetrate Armor II seeming as it heavily dented Armor VI. I will look into this and see if there is any other elements to use for cores to provide penetration abilities to armor and shields

Report End

Michael O'Reily

RE: [SAAS] Scientific Advancement Association of Sirius - Arctic - 11-01-2016

Report #3
After proceeding with armor penetration tests platinum was able to penetrate Armor III.
I also tested gold, yes unlikely to be a hull buster but, when gold is charged it is able to cause shield damage as if it was a plasma ball.
As for the final point of this report I have started to attempt to create a small antimatter sub-core to add some kind of explosive power to these shells.
Though this may not be entirely possible to make a small enough containment field.

Report end,

Michael O'Reily