Discovery Gaming Community
To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta (/showthread.php?tid=144730)

To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta - Foxglove - 10-28-2016

[Image: TaIhoh5.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante
TARGET-ID: Glendalough Orbital

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

To whom it may concern,

Your installation has been found within the territories governed by the Maltese Code of Interstellar Laws. Not only did you fail to properly address the National Council of Malta with your intentions in building this installation, but you also chose to remain silent after the Code has been broadcast publically. This leads us to assume that you are, in fact, planning or complicit in unwanted activity against the people of Malta and you are hereby offered a chance to explain yourself and your actions to us, as well as provide the details requested in the Maltese CoID.

Do note that there will be no exceptions for the taxation clauses in aforementioned laws and you are expected to abide by these, should it, in fact, be true that you were merely misguided or ill-informed up until now. You have fourty eight hours to reply.

Marietta Mercante
Administrator
Corsica Intelligence Division

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta - Daedalus Command - Production - 10-29-2016

--- Channel Connected ---

[Image: 4YrSRyN.png]
[Image: vQNTuep.jpg]

To: Marietta Mercante
Subject: Maltese Law
Encryption: 85-48-52-extreme

--- Incoming Transmission ---

Miss Mercante.

my name is Patrick West, and I am currently the manager of Glendalough Orbital. I must admit, I'm genuinely surprised. While I do understand the need for your organization to regulate private instalations, I always thought that Coronado is, in fact, a home system of the so called Crayter Republic.

To my best knowledge, there is no instalation in Coronado that would belong to National Council or any other Maltese organisation or individual, which would explain your need to oversee this system. Therefore, could you be so kind and inform me by what legal right you claim Coronado system as your space?

I do not intend to evade any possible obligations or requirements included in you Code, but I would very much like to know why am I supposed to follow it, given how far from your core systems our instalation is and given the fact that Coronado is claimed by other entity, which actually has instalations, in space and planetside, within the system.

I'm avaiting your reply.

With Regards
Patrick C. West

--- Transmission Terminated ---

RE: To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta - Foxglove - 10-29-2016

TARGET-ID: Patrick C. West

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Signor West,

You seem to labour under the delusion that we are trying to put you in a disadvantageous position, which we do not intend to. If you had actually read the preamble of the Maltese CoID, you would quickly have noticed that these laws are just as well enforced in the system of Coronado, and as such, you would have been able to answer your question for legal justification yourself. We do not claim Coronado as our space, but we will enforce our jurisdiction there. Furthermore, we are at war with the Colonial Remnants and do not acknowledge their claim on the system of Coronado, ergo their presence is to be neglected.

Now, with this excourse into Maltese law, it is time for you to start explaining yourself and your installation. I will quote for you the corresponding paragraph in an attachment. We hope to hear from you in a timely manner.

Marietta Mercante
Administrator

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta - Daedalus Command - Production - 10-29-2016

--- Channel Connected ---

[Image: 4YrSRyN.png]
[Image: vQNTuep.jpg]

To: Marietta Mercante
Subject: Maltese Law
Encryption: 85-48-52-extreme

--- Incoming Transmission ---

Miss Mercante,

while you claim you do not intend to put me in disadvantageous position, you in fact are very much doing so. But let's take it from the beginning.

Your claims seem to be based on nothing more than your words. However, I am well aware of the fact your organisation can back them up with firepower and so I am not going to challange your right to enforce the Code.

Glendalough Orbital is a private instalation, solely owned by Mr. O'Brian. The station is using freelancer IFF and its main purpose is manufacturing of various ship equipement. Future plans include expanding the base to broaden the variety of equipement manufactured and to create room for other eventual ship-related business. I think it's safe to assume you know where the base is located, but for the sake of clarity, it's in the sector F5 of the Coronado system.

Now, let's go through the list of your other demands. Paying the fees mentioned in §4.2; and §4.3; is not problematic and I will wire them as soon as you provide me with the account. §4.5; is not a problem too, as the base is located much further from any object mentioned.

However, §4.4; is the reason you are putting me in tough spot Miss Mercante. While it is easy for you to disregard the Crayter Republic, I, on the other hand, do not have the luxury of doing so. Their presence in Coronado is undeniable and their ability to enforce their rules is not something I can ignore. Giving all your ships acces to the instalation would basically mean signing a death warrant for the station. On the other hand, I have no doubts you will enforce your demands with a considerable force, should I openly refuse to co-operate with you.

I hope you can understand Miss Mercante. Your demands, if fully met, will cause the destruction of Glendalough Orbital, sooner or later. Therefore, I'd like to ask you to be reasonable, and allow an exception from your Code. I do understand you will want to check the base from time to time, and I'm willing to clear a few of your ships for docking, but please, do not ask me to allow everyone of your ships to be able to dock on my base.

I really hope we can find an agreeable solution.

With Regards
Patrick C. West

--- Transmission Terminated ---

RE: To: Glendalough Orbital | From: The National Council of Malta - Foxglove - 10-29-2016

TARGET-ID: Patrick C. West

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Your concerns have been noted and are currently in queue to be discussed by the members of the Council. For now, you may hold your payment until the exact conditions have been agreed upon. A word of warning, though: Should your installation be conclusively proven to be used as staging point for assaults on Maltese assets of any kind, you will have worn out our patience completely and any leniency will find its end in exactly that moment.

Marietta Mercante
Administrator

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED