Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad notice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Nomad notice (/showthread.php?tid=144813)

Pages: 1 2

Nomad notice - Slomon K'Hara - 10-31-2016

I huggie the first lord of narcoleptic smuggling and flyer of circles proclaim on this day that nonspeech is dead.

long live nomspeech.

Oh crap wrong account.

RE: Nomad notice - DragonLancer - 10-31-2016

Drink some rum and embrace the light!

RE: Nomad notice - HuggieSunrise - 10-31-2016

Why did I do this.

Overwhelming feedback.

What's replacing nonspeech?

Nothing... persay? Its a simple phenomena that many of you have encountered when faced with a large object rolling in your direction, nearly got hit by the buss, or there's a poodle chasing you down the street.

This is the feeling of danger the idea of being threatened is literally the telepathy the nomads use. its all about intentions and feelings and it isnt in some weird alien cypher.

Essentially when a nomad comes near you and interacts with you It will propmpt a message in vary simple terms that youll understand..

Example:

*It is curious about what your doing.*

human: what on earth is that.

*it is observing your activities*

Human: Uhh.. ok..

*its bored... it wants to leave* (flies away cloaks etc)

or more often

*It is angry and is directing it at you, it wants to kill you*

The big changes? they don't lie and you literally know what their thinking.

Cool huh? well i hope yall think so cause re formatting nomspeech making another language ..was... just.. time consuming and stupid.. more of the same.. at least now.. Khara will act like sharks. ... and sharks won't lie to you about being hungry.

RE: Nomad notice - sindroms - 10-31-2016

We, the admins, have a .playsound function (which many people that have attended my little nomad NPC events have no doubt had the chance to hear) that I would very much love to see as a /police alternative to the Nomad and K'Hara IDs. The sound clips could be made up of pre-exsting and most commonly used nomad ''phrases'', done in the same sort of recording as the Rachni from ME series, where the aliens replace terms that they do not have a ''word'' for, in terms that humans can understand.

These sound files could include the usual stuff such as asking to keep distance, the expression of joy, anger, the intent to kill and the intent to spare. Something like that. Oh and of course the screaming.

RE: Nomad notice - Sombs - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 08:16 AM)sindroms Wrote: We, the admins, have a .playsound function (which many people that have attended my little nomad NPC events have no doubt had the chance to hear) that I would very much love to see as a /police alternative to the Nomad and K'Hara IDs. The sound clips could be made up of pre-exsting and most commonly used nomad ''phrases'', done in the same sort of recording as the Rachni from ME series, where the aliens replace terms that they do not have a ''word'' for, in terms that humans can understand.

These sound files could include the usual stuff such as asking to keep distance, the expression of joy, anger, the intent to kill and the intent to spare. Something like that. Oh and of course the screaming.

Stop coming up with cool ideas!

RE: Nomad notice - HuggieSunrise - 10-31-2016

go figure. i think i asked about something like that a vary long time ago. ... glad to see its possible now. well for admins.

RE: Nomad notice - Chrono - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 08:07 AM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: Cool huh? well i hope yall think so cause re formatting nomspeech making another language ..was... just.. time consuming and stupid.. more of the same.. at least now.. Khara will act like sharks. ... and sharks won't lie to you about being hungry.

So by your own rule as faction lead of the K'hara. No nomad player will ever lie about their intentions while flying their nomad, thus making easy engagements that much easier? Also, what happens the first time a nomad player does lie? Would that constitute an OORP line and or power / metagaming? Simply removing the already confusing yet highly alien speech patterns of the K'hara, which is what makes them so unique in the first place to make playing them easier is not a good step towards a better K'hara faction Huggie.

Change the way they speak? Yes, do that, but take the time to properly find an alternative OTHER than, "They will tell the blatant truth all the time." No human is a Vulcan, Truth's change all the time, and this idea reeks of bad choices.

My two cents.

P.S. The Nomads in Vanilla were all about misdirection and subterfuge. Something to think about.

RE: Nomad notice - Jack_Henderson - 10-31-2016

These sounds... are... wtf-scary!!!
Yesterday... after they grew louder, it was just "RUN! RUN!!!" Big Grin

Continue that road, please!!! It's awesome for immersion... and 100000000000 times cooler than "*darkness appears and from it blue light*"

RE: Nomad notice - DragonLancer - 10-31-2016

Sorry to break your immersion, kids.
I think it REALLY depends on ALL players involved.

RE: Nomad notice - Piombo65 - 10-31-2016

***.(Disappointed)...but 'I' ~liked~ 'it' (!).***