Discovery Gaming Community
Hearts of Iron 2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Hearts of Iron 2 (/showthread.php?tid=14483)

Hearts of Iron 2 - Banza - 12-14-2008

Anyone here playing that game?
If anyone,interested in little multiplayer skrimish?

Hearts of Iron 2 - Encheta - 12-15-2008

I play HOI2 Doomsday from time to time, but I don't really want to play it online for the fact that it take waaay too long to play a single game...

Hearts of Iron 2 - Panzer - 12-16-2008

My record so far is playing till 1997. Actually quite "rewarding" cuz after 1963 the AI quits producing stuff (but keeps trading) and for a change starts acting predictably.

On a side not... Without modding/extra icons/tweaks/scenario editing, the game's 10% of the fun it could be.

Hearts of Iron 2 - Sarawr!? - 12-16-2008

rofl...Nothing like turning Israel into a Jewish superstate and then conquering most of the Middle East and European lands on the Med,With Nuclear powered ships and subs, Elite Modern Infantry, Aircavalry, and jets, in 1940....HOI2 was a great damn game...in fact I might go re-install it right now. XD.

Hearts of Iron 2 - Banza - 12-17-2008

1.3 Version at 1946. whole world is under German boot.Tryed that with Soviets...If I had only 6 mounths more,you would be speaking Russian,instead English.
Playing with USA is one frustrating expierence.Not sure,but until USA joined WW2 I finish watching 6th movie on DVD player.Really boring,even for big fun of that game.
Never played Doomsday,becouse when I download and instaled Dooms,I couldnot open HoI2 anymore.
And best part was..when Czecho-Slovakia conquered Germany at 1938.What can I say...

Hearts of Iron 2 - Fletcher - 12-17-2008

More HoI 2 players? Excellent. I've got HoI Armageddon 1.2 with the GIP CDCP mods. GET THE CDCP if you got Arma 1.2. Makes the game actually not crash.

I do enjoy steamrolling Britain, build of the IC in Wales (Cardiff province), and liberating it, then controlling it.

Nazi's felt the wrath of the Welsh mountaineers:P

Hearts of Iron 2 - NerdRage - 12-18-2008

i dont play HOI,but my bother is the biggest fan of strategy games i have ever seen, he's played so much of them i'll try to list them

hearts of iron
hearts of iron2
the operational art of war
a bridge too far
medieval total war 1,2 and rome
all the close combat games

and a few more i probably never heard of

in HOI, my bro told me that , playing as nationalist china conquered india, most of communist china and of other chinese factions and part of mongolia

Hearts of Iron 2 - Jihadjoe - 12-27-2008

Have any of you got the doomsday version? 'Cos we could set up a game over hamachi...

Hearts of Iron 2 - Xing - 12-27-2008

it's got a nice music theme.
But I never played the game.

Hearts of Iron 2 - Banza - 12-27-2008

If anyone want play versions 1.3a,1.3,or 1, give me a call.