Discovery Gaming Community
A question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A question (/showthread.php?tid=14485)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A question - swift - 12-14-2008

I wanted to ask if it was allowed to, in RP, hijack a weapons shipment from a weapons dealer.
It would be RP-ed heavily, but the thing is, I am asking if it is allowed if the weapons dealer does not know about it.
He would be given fair RP warning of course, but only in game. And the goal would be to chase him down, disable his ship, and steal his weapons and get away.
I will not post any further details regarding this, for obvious reasons.

I am just asking if it is prohibited by some rule, and what is the community's opinion regarding this?

A question - stewcool - 12-14-2008

I'm thinking this would go good as a Forum story. not so much in game though.

EDIT: Because then it would lead to people trying to "hijack" ships they shouldn't have.

Well the reason I'm asking is that it would be profitable, and extremely so. And it would be some hard work, but worth it.
For example, if a weapons dealer hired pirates to steal the weapons of another dealer at a certain price..

EDIT: I didn't mean hijacking ships, I know that excuse for OORP ships is way too old to work;). I meant hijacking unmounted equipment.

A question - stewcool - 12-14-2008

I know what you ment haha

Though I just dont see the RP working in game. It seems like a whine fest waiting to happen and me preparing the cheese!

Well yes the possible whining and hard feelings is my main concern.
But the RP would be easily feasible.
Just don't know if the robbed weapons dealer would come knocking on my door in RL:)..
But yes, he would surely put an enormous bounty on my head, but who cares, I always need action..
Plus it would be loads of fun

And yes I am aware of the possible abuse, so only codes would be stolen, to prevent titans with krakens and stuff like that

A question - MB52 - 12-14-2008

My past experiences say dont try to RP with weapons dealers, they are generally the most OORP group on the server.

I once tried to get 50 credits "protection" money from a weapons dealer, and he started threatening me with sanctions cause LPI can't do "unlawful" stuff like extortion.

A question - Jinx - 12-14-2008

you can do it when you do it in cooperation with the weaponsdealer - that means, when you are basicly only playing events that you have agreed on before.

when this RP, no matter how elaborated it may be on your side, is only one-sided, it all comes down to shooting a valuable target down for the loot. - cause one sided RP is like RPing in groupchat while you re attacking a target that is not in your group and unaware of it.

for the other one... its not RP, its just an ambush. RP goes both ways. - that doesn t mean its profitable for both sides - but it means it ought to be equally enjoyable for both sides.

when in doubt... ask yourself. - you have collected codename weapons and other stuff worth hundreds of millions. - then someone comes out of nowhere and starts attacking you ( or ... make a pirating attempt ).

when you take it literally - you have to ask for an amount of money before you can kill that person - AND you must give the person time to decide. ( so you cannot damage the ship to 1% and zero bats/bots ) and quickwrite "give me 10.000.000 credits or die" and then kill him after you wrote that - but you must leave the trader ( he is a trader for that matter ) time to consider the options )

your demand must also be "reasonable" - so no asking for "drop all your cargo", cause that would be "unreasonable" when its about a weaponsdealer - ( and has led to sanctions before ).

so - do NOT do it against the will of the weaponsdealer. - you may be able to get away within the rules, but the fun would be very one sided.

A question - pchwang - 12-14-2008

I think that it is perfectly feasible.

Just because you are a weapons dealer does not give you any special privileges over other characters on the server. For instance, because you have 10 codes in your hold does not mean that you will be exempt from being pirated or attacked.

Frankly, it should make you are larger target.

This is why you should take the utmost caution when you are dealing weapons. Patriot's arms dealer, for instance, flies a Zoner Juggernaut. A lone bomber/destroyer is not going to be willing to just take that on.

Yes well my point exactly, it should be known that it takes with it a risk.
No great profit is risk-free.