Discovery Gaming Community
kusari heavy cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: kusari heavy cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=14499)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

kusari heavy cruiser - Jinx - 12-15-2008

since kusari is not really blessed with new ships in 4.85 ( that means the KNF ) - here is a concept that might work for them.

the model is NOT finished yet ( i plan to add solar panels / wings to it )

(( image deleted ))

now, the point is that kusari got a very very small and agile destroyer - and a very massive battleship - but nothing in between. - so this might be either a heavy cruiser ( like rheinland ) or a light battlecruiser.

the idea was to make something more massive than the destroyer - but similar to its shape.

things still missing:
- windowpanels ( some of them )
- wings
- small details

the question is - does kusari need a ship between the destroyer and the battleship? or would that put them into an advantage vs. bretonia, who have a heavy GB, and a heavy destroyer but a light BB ( basicly the opposite of kusari )

kusari heavy cruiser - Nightwind - 12-15-2008

I like it,
and it really looks like a heavier cruiser. Maybe too similar... don't know.
As it is now i think of it as a modified version, but not an own class.

Maybe you could move those "weapon-platform-thingies" to the rear part? Don't know how it'd look then...

But all in all, quite a good piece of work Jinx.

yea - the idea for something like that came to me while i was .. errr. .attending a class in university ( you know - mind wandering around ) - those weaponplatforms form the kusari insignia ( from the side ) - so.... its hard to move them to the rear... ( three sunbeams support the bow, - then there is the single subeam going to the rear [ which is actually an engine intake from above ] )

edit: maybe i should give it a twin reactor barrel. - the single one looks very ... thin and quite alone. - then it would have 4 engines ( like the battleship )

oh... Whoa ...
I didn't notice that. I really like it but it kinda looks like an normal destroyer with some additional platforms and extensions built around it.

Maybe with the wings you planned the whole thing gets a more individual shape...

well, currently i am quite happy with the side view - but i am utterly unhappy with the top view. - the front looks boring and the back looks weak.

but yes - if you compare it to the current kusari destroyer, its very simlar - like someone slapped armour plates ( or a chassis in general ) around the destroyer. - which would basicly be the case - but it looks "too easy".

i m back to the concept board - just wanted to present the concept for now. - a KNF ship might be an incentive for players to joing the KNF more ( the battleship i made for kusari won t make it into the mod ( not as a public ship at least ) - cause ..... well, they have a battleship already, no point having another )

kusari heavy cruiser - Kambei - 12-15-2008

since KNF use our single battleship (yea we have only one) wery rarely compared to BAFs which use their BS Rodney allways when he is online... I think it is good idea to have something like rheinland cruiser.

question is... KNF high command want this ship? (because I havent rank high enough to fly anything bigger than gunboat I cant say more than my own opinion)

It seems you can read my mind:)
I agree with you in nearly all of your points...
It definitely has got some potential, but reworking it seems to be a good idea.

Ah ... I saw you're battleship replacement and although I was quite fond of it I'm quite happy it's not in the mod because I really like the vanilla one :rolleyes:

kusari heavy cruiser - bluntpencil2001 - 12-15-2008

' Wrote:since KNF use our single battleship (yea we have only one) wery rarely compared to BAFs which use their BS Rodney allways when he is online... I think it is good idea to have something like rheinland cruiser.

question is... KNF high command want this ship? (because I havent rank high enough to fly anything bigger than gunboat I cant say more than my own opinion)

Rodney is independent, much like the [7th] Ameterasu.

Aside from that, this should be about the ship, not about who gets to fly it, right?

I certainly won't fly it, but it's very nice looking so far, and looks, most importantly, very Kusari.

kusari heavy cruiser - Ophiuchi - 12-15-2008

Office of Imperial Contracts is certainly interested.

Proceed with your presentation, Madam. We are all ears.

kusari heavy cruiser - Banza - 12-15-2008

At last something that BAF cant miss with SN.
Looks fine to me.