Discovery Gaming Community
ship requirements - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: ship requirements (/showthread.php?tid=14538)

ship requirements - blademount - 12-17-2008

I have a question about ships. I bought a Libety Cruiser and someone told me i needed permission to fly that ship. i looked at the rules before I bought it but it does not say anything about needing permission, the only thing i found was

5. General PvP Rules

5.4 Intentional ramming of capital ships (gunboat-class or larger) by fighters and other capital ships is not allowed in PvP combat, as well as in any other situations.

6. ID and role-playing engagement rules
6.10 Neutral ID indicates peaceful characters that are not allowed to attack others (except when defending themselves), cannot use transports and capital ships, join or ally with any factions. Neutral ID owners must not be attacked by anyone, including the terrorists.

i also put the question to other liberty navy members and they say i do not need permission

so my question is do i need permission to fly my ship?

if so where do i get permission. I worked very hard to get that ship and would like not to sell it.

ship requirements - Rudo - 12-17-2008

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26721

That should answer your questions. It's not an in-game rule, but it is a rule set aside for the Liberty Navy players.

Feel free to strike it up with the admirality.

ship requirements - Colonel.Tigh - 12-17-2008

If you fly your Liberty Cruiser with Liberty Ploice or Navy Tag and ID, doing Liberty Navy/Police stuff, everthing is fine.

ship requirements - Turkish - 12-17-2008

Stay away from an LPI tag and ID combination on Capital Ships, its simply a nightmare waiting to happen.

ship requirements - Kambei - 12-17-2008

It is pure RP demand and it is logical... nobody want destructive power represented by cruiser or battleship in hands of idiot, disobeying orders of higher ranked officers (and by the way every signle officer of oficial faction have higher post than indie BC captain)

ship requirements - GhostFace - 12-17-2008

Yes as Rudo stated, that should help explain everything. Also the main reason for that law that the players placed their selves is because before their were WAY TOO many Liberty Caps aimlessly wondering around Liberty for something to kill, in order to reduce the amount of caps they placed that law and it has worked to some extent.

ship requirements - Jinx - 12-17-2008

if someone tells you ooc that you need a "permission" to fly a certain ship - this person is not only wrong but also violating the rules himself by quoting non existant rules.

players must make a clear distinction between RP laws - and server rules. by RP law, a faction CAN restrict a ship all they want...

but what they must not do is:

harrass players that do not play by their rules in any way, cause harrassment is illegal
act ooRP themselves, as long as the player in question RPs by the basic guidelines of the ID he is carrying

that should answer the question.

in this particular case:

if you carry and equip a liberty navy / liberty police ID ( which both allow liberty warships ) - and as long as you RP within what the ID is about ( navy or police ) - anyone that is not your enemy acts ooRP by attacking you verbally, physicly or in any other ooc way.

even a faction must play by the basic guidelines of a faction. - and the navy cannot label you to be a "rogue" if there is not hard evidence that you are really violating the NPC laws of the navy. they may not like it, but it is not anyones business what you do and what you fly as long as you RP what you fly / and mount ( ID ).

ship requirements - Kambei - 12-17-2008

I dont want to see what happen to Rheinland when war oficialy begin.... all those "LEGAL" caps jesus + all those indie "ilegals".

RM have 2 battleships, 4 cruisers I think... we (RHA) can offer 1 cruiser, LWB have 1 cruiser too. Since we dont play in same GMT zones, there can be maximaly 2 caps on our side in same time.... not very nice for us.

Maybe Joe can manage amount of caps operating in war behind Liberty borders to make it little bit fair (for example max. 3 BS, 6 cruisers spreaded between different GMT zones - and designate certain players which have "official" cap under command allowed to operate behind borders).

ship requirements - Colonel.Tigh - 12-17-2008

Rheinland has painfully learned the Lesson, how many many Capital ships can be defeated by small fighters.
Maybe the designers should consider putting a Liberty Fleet graveyard into Bering in mod version .86 ^^

ship requirements - n00bl3t - 12-17-2008

' Wrote:If you fly your Liberty Cruiser with Liberty Ploice or Navy Tag and ID, doing Liberty Navy/Police stuff, everthing is fine.

If you stay away from the LPI ID/IFF the above recommendation works.