Discovery Gaming Community
to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling (/showthread.php?tid=145503)

to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling - Jack_Henderson - 11-19-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Liberty Authorities

¤ SUBJECT: Message to LPI

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is Jack Henderson of the Independent Miners Guild speaking on an issue of great urgency. Our Tau-based patrols have registered a surge of Cardamine shipments penetrating our patrol net. We estimate that the amount of Cardamine that is shipped from Outcast territory has more than doubled, if not trippled.

The Guild does not know about the reasons of this, but it's clear that there must be something to justify this increase.

Interrogations of caught smugglers over the last years has proven that most of the Cardamine goes straight to Liberty, mainly via the Baffin-Corondao-Cortez smuggler highway, so I expect nothing else but the same problems in your frontyard coming towards you at this very moment.

Let's work together and stem this flood. The Guild is ready to put substantial monetary funds into battling this, as well as manpower to intercept the lethal drugs in the Taus already. However, I want to be realistic: Our capacities are limited. If you have any idea of how to fight back, let me know.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
Operations Coordinations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

RE: to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling - Skorak - 11-19-2016

[Image: lltY5uc.png]

ID: Liberty Police Inc.
Encryption: Standard
Date: 11/19/823 A.S.

Mister Henderson,

I'm not surprised that you're calling- comming- whatever, only surprised it's you who's calling.

The whole office is going crazy with reports and the LSF keeps sending in more information about smugglers pouring into Liberty. We have no idea what's going on but it's not only cardamine that's flowing into Liberty. Artifact smuggle is on an all time high and I am running out of place to safe keep them even. We had to rent extra warehouses and guard them to handle this.

We are doing what we can but we too have limited man power. But our organisation is rather well funded, I can authorise some money to combat this maybe closer to the source so we have to deal with less smugglers inside Liberty itself. The BHG is crawling around in New York. But we are already well set up there and if you say that the IMG is handling the Taus we are definitely lacking the people to catch them in between.

Now I cannot send a message to the Bounty Offices and fix that problem, that would take too long but we are authorised to issue our own. If the IMG is on board with that we can see if that reduces the smuggler contacts a little.

Patricia Lyons, Chief of Police

Attachments: None

[Image: W1aBuuo.png]

RE: to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling - Jack_Henderson - 11-19-2016

Dear Ms. Patricia Lyons,

It is more than worrying that it is not only Cardamine, but even more illegal goods that are coming your way. While the Guild can't do much in terms of interdicting Artifacts, Cardamine travels through territory that we can patrol.

The Guild is willing to provide 500.000.000 credits to combat this imminent threat. I suggest we use monetary funds to increase not only our own presence, but also work with allies (e.g. on the main smuggling routes), and also to hire Bounty Hunters and law-abiding freelancers and mercenaries where we cannot reach directly. Experience has shown that this can be quite effective.

If we managed cooperatively to pool up 1.000.000.000 credits for this hunt, we could likely put a real dent into the worst surge in smuggling, thus weaken our opponents and save thousands of innocents.

I am already drawing up a draft of such a bounty. Let me know whether the LPI is on board with such an unorthodox measure. However, I am convinced that extraordinary challenges request unconventional and decisive answers. The Guild is prepared to deliver this answer.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
Operations Coordinations

RE: to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling - Skorak - 11-19-2016

[Image: lltY5uc.png]

ID: Liberty Police Inc.
Encryption: Standard
Date: 11/19/823 A.S.

Mister Henderson,

I wouldn't usually resort to measures so far out of Liberty but this seems like the only way to reduce the problem. We are willing to add 500.000.000 credits of our own to fight this. Once I've seen the draft we can spread it on the station networks and send it to our Bounty Hunter contractors.

Patricia Lyons, Chief of Police

Attachments: None

[Image: W1aBuuo.png]

RE: to: LPI Leadership -|- from: IMG| -|- Top: Sudden Surge in Cardamine Smuggling - Jack_Henderson - 11-20-2016

Dear Ms. Patricia Lyons,

Our staff has quickly and successfully drawn and set up the board, and I would like to thank you (and your staff) for the efficient way of taking steps to fight back in this situation.

I hope that our decision helps in bringing order to chaos.
Thank you again.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
Operations Coordinations