Discovery Gaming Community
PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media (/showthread.php?tid=145674)

Pages: 1 2

PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Sombs - 11-25-2016

Didn't record the latter battle, because snub fights look horribly lame.

Includes an extra amount of mexican memers.

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Corile - 11-25-2016

The 2v2 fight has been in a stalemate for the past 25 minutes.

Someone needs to fix snub pvp like seriously.

Edit: 27 minutes of 2v2 pvp fight while one of the snubs was on 0 reloads and 9% hull.

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - sindroms - 11-25-2016

I went to check up on the event only to find two groups of players trying to shoot two shieldrunning snubs for 16 minutes, neither of which were losing any health so I ended up shrugging and leaving.

This is a gameplay problem. Players should use a tactic that gives them the best chance of winning, but if the tactic that gives you the best chance of winning is shieldrunning then something needs to be done about it. Both sides of the fight admitted that.

Snub guns should either have more damage or have more projectile speed. Freelancer PVP is about being fast and intense, when fights take up 90 minutes this is sort of lost.

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Mr.Badger - 11-25-2016

If people would actually fight instead shieldrunning 24/7, we wouldn't have this problem.

Quote:If people would actually fight instead shieldrunning 24/7,

Quote:This is a gameplay problem. Players should use a tactic that gives them the best chance of winning, but if the tactic that gives you the best chance of winning is shieldrunning then something needs to be done about it.

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Jack_Henderson - 11-26-2016

If skillful total dodge and shieldrunning means that an average player cannot down a shield any more, pvp can also be just replaced by anything that is not a total waste of everybody's time.

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Kopesh - 11-26-2016

Quote:This is a gameplay problem. Players should use a tactic that gives them the best chance of winning, but if the tactic that gives you the best chance of winning is shieldrunning then something needs to be done about it. Both sides of the fight admitted that.

Snub guns should either have more damage or have more projectile speed. Freelancer PVP is about being fast and intense, when fights take up 90 minutes this is sort of lost.
I couldnt have said better myself.

I will NEVER join another disco pvp event.I KNEW it was gonna turn into this.I KNEW 5 people will pile on somebody and everyone will shieldrun.And noone will fight eachother.

I got so bored I stopped shooting altogether and went around to find a 1v1.I got one at the end of the match.Kudos to that guy Smile

Like seriously,this event was very cancerous.Like ALL 5v5 pvp events.People dont want to die,so they shieldrun.I want events where people have 1v1s and fight eachother.Not where you run like gay people to avoid taking damage.

Fix the pvp balance.Remove bots from fighters.Increase the guns damage.Increase the bullet speed.Fix the darn lag.Remove the death rule where you cannot enter the system for 2 hours.This has been the origin of all the problems.Remove this rule,at least for events,and you will have the best events ever.I will make one like this myself.

You will never see me in another event like this.If I decide to join one,I will be on the side,not piling on somebody 5v1.I will be waiting for a fair fight where I can have a healthy 1v1 and lose with dignity.Not where people pile on me to kill me.

The old HHC server would have laughed their asses off if they saw the "standards" of pvp on discovery.

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Officially_that_Guy - 11-26-2016

Flak cannons for fighters! PvP in FL seems kinda broken to begin with due to the lack of physics... (its SPACE! You do NOT make a turn at an 90* angle on a dime!)

RE: PvP Event in Omega-5, Media - Jack_Henderson - 11-26-2016

Dodging is just too powerful.
I mean... this was an extreme "try hard to not lose" fight, and even though it was tense, it was also the most frustrating experience in literally years because literally... NOTHING HAPPENED for the most time.

How is this a "fight"?
Fights should be tense. Fast-paced. Not consisting of "ok... I can't down the shield of a fighter in an asteroid field if we do not at least have 2 people who can shoot his shield".

Sorry.
It's wrong.
Do something about it.
2h of shooting... what a terrible waste of my time.