Discovery Gaming Community
[Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (Concluded) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (Concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=146062)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (Concluded) - sindroms - 12-06-2016

Administration Notice: For the duration of this event, the commodity used uses certain lines that override ID rules regarding engagement. Read them carefully before participating.

Monstrosities Of War
Omicrons - House Space
Trade Event

[Image: oCDrVRH.png]

DESCRIPTION

Damaged escape pods, tattered and shredded uniforms and the unrecognizable, frozen remains of human flesh. Even during times of conflict there are third parties that are inclined to make a profit off less than honorable activities. Many of the retrieval and sanitation groups hired to work in warzones are sometimes suspected to be nothing more but legalized looters, often dumping anything that is not sellable out in the outskirts of the currently charted Sirius sector.

One such mass grave was found recently in the Omicron Kappa system by scouting parties during the Jumphole Generator activation in the New London system prior that week. While the connection was eventually cut off, plans to recover and identify the remains of the bodies were set in place and Freeport 11 was chosen to temporary act as a hub for this operation.

The house authorities are inclined to pay a hefty sum for the recovery and delivery of these remains, though their inclination to do so can possibly be attested to the need of cross reference possible acts of mutiny and desertion (Along with any technology or intel tied to those individuals) during times of war by sorting through their respective lists of MIA operatives, rather than to provide closure to their relatives.

Likewise, less than honorable individuals may be interested in intercepting these shipments in order to, if possible, identify the remains and ransom them to their families.

DETAILS

For the next week, players can buy Recovered Mass Grave Remains from Freeport 11 in the Omicron Delta system and deliver them to the following destinations:

Planet New Berlin - 4970$
Planet New Tokyo - 6300$
Planet Manhattan - 7850$
Planet New London - 8300$
Planet New Paris, Saint-Denis Ring - 10500$

Unlawful Sellpoints: Newport Station, Barrier Gate, Freeport 10.

Note: The cargo commodity has special rules of engagement, read them ingame.

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - Kopesh - 12-06-2016

any bonus credits per unit?cause the prices seem a bit low

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - sindroms - 12-06-2016

They are currently between ore and smuggling commodity prices in terms of profit per second.

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - Implosion - 12-06-2016

Would've been nice if the Core's APM could take part in that, but seeing how FP10 is off limits, well, gg.

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - nOmnomnOm - 12-06-2016

Would this be linked to disco's story line? It would be cool to have events that would not be always just random things but things that can affect or dramatize the progression of the main story.

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - Sombs - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 05:14 PM)Implosion Wrote: Would've been nice if the Core's APM could take part in that, but seeing how FP10 is off limits, well, gg.

Why then not bring the stuff to Newport or Barrier Gate? Intercept transports, bring in APM Bisons and bring the stuff to Coronado or Sigma-13, or am I missing something?

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - nOmnomnOm - 12-06-2016

Maybe there is a faction that wants to cover up the truth of what happened so they will then steal the evidence?

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - Implosion - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 05:58 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 05:14 PM)Implosion Wrote: Would've been nice if the Core's APM could take part in that, but seeing how FP10 is off limits, well, gg.

Why then not bring the stuff to Newport or Barrier Gate? Intercept transports, bring in APM Bisons and bring the stuff to Coronado or Sigma-13, or am I missing something?

Literally everyone else can buy the stuff from the Freeport.
If the goods aren't sold on Yaren, I've no choice but to bust anyone hauling them.
If however, they are sold on Yaren, I can't bust people because that would mean I have to bust my own APM for hauling them. We are not pirates, after all.
See what I mean? It's like someone else is making a decision for me.
In conclusion, the Core could use either a station that buys the commodity, that is not lawful nor unlawful (meaning one of our bases, maybe in Omega-55, for distance balance issues and such) or alternatively a place that sells the stuff so we can take part in the event.

(12-06-2016, 06:00 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Maybe there is a faction that wants to cover up the truth of what happened so they will then steal the evidence?

Maybe there is one.

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - Ihtyander - 12-06-2016

Beautifull event for humanitarians, mad scientists and organ smugleers.

RE: [Trade Event] - Monstrosities Of War (2016.12.07-2016.12.14) - sindroms - 12-06-2016

Annnyhow. @Thyrzul ended up making me check my FLComp settings only to find out that my cruise speed was defaulted to 280ms (Out of 350) and so the math is a bit off. So ye. Stay tuned for updates.