Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Lane Hackers | From: The National Council of Malta - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Lane Hackers | From: The National Council of Malta (/showthread.php?tid=146069)

To: The Lane Hackers | From: The National Council of Malta - Foxglove - 12-06-2016

[Image: HHLpytK.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante, Corsica Intelligence Division
TARGET-ID: The Lane Hackers

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Good evening, esteemed allies.

In regards to a communiqué recently received by the National Council, we are entreating the Lane Hackers to share information about an organisation calling themselves the Independent Neuralnet Division. A few days ago, they approached the authorities on Malta and entreated to be considered for a business partnership, which was refused due to lacking formalities when it came to the security of the comm node. If anything, the contact seemed seedy at best, suspicious at worst, as they proved to be unwilling to impart information about themselves besides a vague allusion to prior dealings with the now insignificant 101st. The Council hopes for our more tech-savvy allies in Liberty to be able to shed some light on this matter.

ppa. Marietta Mercante

Attachments: Communication copy

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

To: Marietta Mercante, National Council - Nicole Hunter - 12-07-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Buenos dias señora Mercante,

Nicole Hunter's voice becomes overly dramatic and emotional.

The Lane Hackers have a very long and emotional relation with the Independent Neuralnet Division. We hunt these rapscallions mercilessly wherever they show their hypocrite faces with conviction second only to the one we reserve for Ageira ruffians and we will not stop until Sirius is cured from their existence.

The Professor exhaled and switched instantly to her emotionless hypnotizing tone.

With the official part behind us I think it is time to drop the righteous anger act. I must say you have certainly come to the right place for information. Independent Neuralnet Division started as a small subsidiary of Interspace Commerce but very quickly became a proverbial tail that wags the dog. In a very short time through use of bribery, blackmail, stock short selling and hostile takeovers the IND took over a substantial portion of Interspace own assets and amassed enough funds to become a fully independent entity. With its financial position secured IND started a full blown lobbying campaign in all major houses, successfully infiltrating most governments and even becoming major stockholder of local police - to name at least the Liberty Police Incorporated. The grip on the houses legislative was so strong that the IND was the only company exempted from trade embargoes in all major conflicts during the wars between Liberty and Rheinland as well as Bretonia and Kusari. Furthermore, IND was the first Sirius company that received trade concessions from the Kingdom of Gallia. However, having all the political figureheads in their pocket was not enough for the IND. Over the years they have built an extensive network of contacts with various outlawed groups, including the former administration of 101st Ghosts of Razgriz. We know for sure that at the same time they had dealings with Corsairs and Red Hessian Army and we suspect they had contact with the Golden Chrysanthemums and several other groups in both Bretonia and Rheinland.

Becoming the very epitome of evil corporation - as silly as it sounds - it is no surprise that for both propaganda and financial reasons the IND became our primary target. For years we have been closely tracking their movements and working to undermine their position in the region - I have even personally ventured to Gallia to raise some opposition there. Besides hitting their operations directly we also used every opportunity to tarnish their reputation. Their frequent Artifact and Cardamine smuggling operations gave us opportunity to bring several scandals to the public eye, although most of them were swept under the carpet by IND-owned officials. Only our last provocation being a result of a highly coordinated mission managed to bring the IND on its knees. Due to severity of imposed fines and irreparable blow to their public image the IND dissolved several month later.

The IND you speak of according to our knowledge is only a faint shadow of the former company with limited resources, funds and backing. The fact that they contacted you means that they are desperately trying to rebuild their network and assets. While it may be tempting to use them for your needs, I strongly suggest you consider that if given time and space the IND will become a vile snake again biting the hand that feeds.

La despedida,
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | From: The National Council of Malta - Foxglove - 12-07-2016

[Image: HHLpytK.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante, Corsica Intelligence Division
TARGET-ID: The Lane Hackers

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Miss Hunter, you honour me. Ere I return to the topic at hand, let me express my admiration for your legacy. There is hardly a woman that appears to make Libertonians froth at the mouth quite as much as you do, and I can respect that.

I need to thank you for sharing what you know with us. While I admit that your view on things may or may not be biased, I think you provided more than enough evidence to substantiate your claims. Indeed, the temptation has been there to have them work for us, though even after I offered them to contact us separately, there was no answer. In fact, there are two things that concern me about the information you revealed. First would be that they apparently dealt with the Cretins and the other that the 101st Ghosts of Razgriz were apparently involved with them. For a while now they have been quite obnoxious and I believe it is time their little leisure club is shown its limits once and for all. I will make a case in front of the President to revoke docking access for vessels of the IND. We do not need Corsair collaborators.

ppa. Marietta Mercante

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED