Discovery Gaming Community
GMG| Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: GMG| Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

GMG| Feedback - SevereTrinity - 12-22-2008

Any problems, or any feedback in anyway remotely linked to the GMG|?

GMG| Feedback - Friday - 01-10-2009

Not really a problem - in fact it is a testament to the lack of response in this thread that we must be doing okay.

It is more a question of Kusari origins in general. It all seems based solely on Japanese culture.

Would the Guild Masters mind if I threw a little Korean into the mix? Even perhaps some Siberian aspect? (Especially as the Koreans have Siberian roots - not so much Chinese).

I just want to mix up the 'Konnichiwa' with 'Annyeong' once in a while.

(Lets face it - Koreans are MAD gamers).

GMG| Feedback - BaconSoda - 01-10-2009

Erm, can I ask you guys to leave the vicinity around Naha and scan the people that go 1 Trade Lane away that are carrying Cardimine? I've evaded you some 10 times that was, and I was really hoping to get some RP going...

GMG| Feedback - Orin - 01-11-2009

Sigma-13 is usually ridiculous, hence we've had measures in place to only deal with wrongdoers within 5k of Naha, Ogashawa, etc. So it's actually within orders to sit around Naha.

That said, we don't follow the measure that strictly. If a well known pirate is in system, or if it's apparent that a pirate is holding up trader after trader, we might seek him out. Same goes for well known smugglers. Just the other day Taro and I intercepted a convoy of BLS. We weren't within Naha orbit to do that.

It depends how things go, we might bring up more patrols. We'll see.

GMG| Feedback - Daniel_Feenix - 01-28-2009

I understand that the Gas Miners Guild has an agreement with the Blood Dragons however, does this agreement usually extend to ignoring Blood Dragon piracy occurring right next to GMG bases such as Gas Miner Naha? If so, this practice seems a bit iffy to me, particularly when the target is a Samura vessel as they are a corporation holding great influence within Kusari politics.

GMG| Feedback - Markus_Janus - 01-28-2009

Speaking as a member of Kishiro I have always found the GMG to be prompt and efficient with regards to protecting our ships from pirates.
Maybe the pilot in question was busy doing other things.;)

GMG| Feedback - ProwlerPC - 01-28-2009

Well as for the 5K from Naha we've already started pulling away from that.
We kept, originally, to Naha because our membership was low and we had to RP that the NPC's were taking care of what we couldn't. I mean we were really ournumbered there so we huddled. Our number had grown and when there was at least 3 of us on together we would go out further and fulfill our role more with bigger patrols. Recently we but up a bounty board for "hired help" this has worked woderfully and have recently agreed that we now have the number and help to start widening our patrols officially. GMG will be patrolling all it's owned tradelanes and JGs also the undockable miners will no longer be "guarded" by NPCs we will include them on our patrols. Smugglers/Pirates who got used to us staying only at Naha will now have to circumvent us even more or as Baconsoda come near the areas I've stated for RP interaction.
As for Blood Dragons pirating right out of Naha, that is considered bad form by the Blood Dragons and I hope that if our Security Officers are online they are sending them back to guard their JH to Chugoku. (more pickings for them at their JH anyways.) As far as I know the official Blood Dragons known as NovaPG have not caused any strain in GMG/BD relations but of course Sigma-13 does get it's Indies heheh. So I guess in a full statement I would say: Blood Dragons are hired by GMG to slow Samura's Fuel Operations, they will also guard their JH to Chugoku, which is not far away for us to help them or for them to help us, but pirating GMG, Kishiro or even commiting piracy at our bases will result in a warning and depending on responce, forceful removal.
Friday the accent chosen by GMG player isn't always Kusarian in nature. It all depends on the background of the char you used to apply for a position. Raikoke has both Kusarian and Rheinland blood in her (see sig), Orin's GM is Griff Vahl.....not Kusarian at all, Rheinland in fact (he has the story.). For those of us who already have been playing our chars for awhile, I imagine they intend to keep their backgrounds, If someone else wishes to come in with different accent they are welcome to make an application and if the background checks fine they are in. Voila another non-Kusari char in GMG, we aren't an xenophobic company ;).

GMG| Feedback - Orin - 01-28-2009

We've had a lot of problems with BD tagged players pirating by the Naha, and even after we've explained to them the situation, they just seem to do it the next day or so. It's hard to deal with ones who don't follow the set RP. I've been saying we need to put up a notice that warns such ones that they will be removed, and reported to Blood Dragon command if they don't follow out agreements and orders.

As for accents, yeah, what Prowler said. You might notice that one day Orin will say "Aye" or "Oi", then "Konnichiwa" and "Sayonara". Grew up half in Bretonia, half in Kusari.;)

GMG| Feedback - Tenacity - 01-28-2009

Well, I was around when the 'old' gmg existed... and from what i've seen, you guys do a hundred times better. Those GMG were flying around in rheinland cruisers attacking kusari and anything else that got near them, buncha pvp whores...

I've actually been considering making a GMG character lately, I'll have to talk to orin about it I suppose =P

GMG| Feedback - Daniel_Feenix - 01-29-2009

ProwlerPC and Orin: Thank you for answering my question.:)