Discovery Gaming Community
Removal of the system off the player list? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Removal of the system off the player list? (/showthread.php?tid=146394)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Removal of the system off the player list? - Corile - 12-19-2016

What is the reasoning behind it, out of curiosity?

I understand there might be some issues when it comes to the infamous METAGAMING however I don't think removing systems from the playerlist solves the issue. While regions could perhaps be a good thing, the almost complete innacuracy of them (Connecticut being classed as Liberty, both Omicron Gamma and Alpha being in the same category, &c) makes it much less useful.

Also while some people might be able to quickly boot up into the game to just have a look at the player list with systems, for me the forum list was really useful because I didn't have to reboot into Windows or start up the VM to just have a glance at what's around, which as you might imagine is quite problematic.

Also, why was the cloudflare protection put on the player list? (sun)

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Backo - 12-19-2016

It's a genius plan to increase the player count - you're now forced to log in to check the players so you +1 the player count online. I see through your tricks, admins!

P.S. Yes, bring it back, pls.

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Shaggy - 12-19-2016

Good job to the forum admins, admins and staff in general this change is a good change and I am being called a problem and alot of other things for agreeing to this change. Alot of people who prefer roleplay over pvp prefer this change because it now requires people to go ingame and search for there interaction even though the systems list is still in the player list ingame, but it is still bringing more activity to the server instead of the also famous word of metagaming.

Good choice to the admins. Please keep it.

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Thunderer - 12-19-2016

I can't shadowlog people any more... Sad

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Laura C. - 12-19-2016

I hope this is just some temporary issue. Such change would very negatively affect less populared and large areas because the chances to get encounter there would be even lesser than before. I mean, Liberty will be fine, but if you see that someone is in "Edge Worlds" or "Nomad Worlds", there is very little chance to find him if you want to interact with him. And less encounters means less interest in playing in that area and in the end in the whole game.

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Backo - 12-19-2016

(12-19-2016, 11:16 PM)Thunderer Wrote: I can't shadowlog people any more... Sad

And this is why I like you, Thunderer.

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Thunderer - 12-19-2016

You won't when I shadowlog you. When they fix this thing, that is. Hopefully...

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - JorgeRyan - 12-19-2016

I do like this change, but a few comments: Sigma's, Tau's and Omega's all show up as Border Worlds, yet there are pretty far apart, so this doesn't really tell you where they are, like if someone is in liberty or any other house. Also, as mentioned by Corile, Conneticuit is counted in liberty, which could add to the confusion. I'd propose this: Make Connecticut and each set of tau/sig/omegas it's own category. And perhaps a split between Hispanic Omicrons (alpha, beta, tau, xi, gamma, omega, theta?) and nomad omicrons (kappa, delta chi, epsilon, where ever else order, core and khara do their thing etc) . But all in all, I do think this is a change for the better. (Edit: I may have missed this and it's already in, but going to leave it in for dicussion)

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Xenon - 12-20-2016

You removed the system name from the player list ? Seriously ? .... oh my god i was waiting for this to be implemented for years Smile Smile
Thank you for that - You should know that this move will prevent shadow logging, and other problems which will grow discovery GC healthier for sure.
I understand those voices that says, we will loose players and we will loose activity by that - I disagree, because the advantages are more
The idea of "PATROLS" now will be back to life, and you will need to patrol around to find interactions which is the most healthy way to do it

Thanks Admins

RE: Removal of the system off the player list? - Vendetta - 12-20-2016

It means you have to log in to check where they are. Oh no~! Actively logging in to the game?! Preposterous!

not like i play this game enough anyway