Discovery Gaming Community
To: Joshua Hunt || From: Gustav Graves - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Joshua Hunt || From: Gustav Graves (/showthread.php?tid=146482)

To: Joshua Hunt || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 12-23-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101b.png][Image: 3.png]

Good evening, Mr. Hunt. I remember our latest, albeit brief, conversation to be quite fruitful, and so I figured that we might be able to pick up where we left it. There is an issue that I believe you might be able to provide a service to me and by extension the Professorship.

A good while ago, certainly roundabout two months, the USI picked up an increased level of activity of both the Crayter floozies and Golanski's private army in the system of Cortez. The fact that they sought neither Manchester, Magellan and California led us to believe that the only way they could have taken was toward the Coronado system. That was around the time our dearest captain Kalh of the Amenhotep decided it prudent to betray what he stood for in order to seek new, maybe crueller masters in Liberty. Only after the fact did we become aware of the intent behind their presence, and I have to express my personal dissatisfaction about the fact that I now sadly won't be able to study the Nomad gate anymore, but that is beside the point. I was wondering about what you could tell me about the development of infected activity in the systems of Coronado, Cortez, California, Manchester and Magellan since the gate has been reduced to cinder. There have been no reported incidents of infected encounters since the gate's collapse, at least not from our side, and so I would like to cross reference this with you. Furthermore, do you have callsigns of individual ships from the time before the gate was destroyed?

I would be much obliged in case you can help me here, Mr. Hunt. Of course, should you need anything, I would respond in kind. A good day to you.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Joshua Hunt || From: Gustav Graves - Vendetta - 12-28-2016

[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Activity.

____

Mister Graves.

Delighted to hear from you, and apologies for the delay in response. Holidays combined with catching up on work has left my time rather occupied as of late... Not that I celebrate, really.

The past two months that you're referring to is more or less the end of the traffic spike those systems have seen. The Order had deployed a fleet to Coronado, which activity tracks back as far as August fourteenth. The final vessel to arrive was a Carrier to Crayter Space, the Fedayeen. Our patrols intercepted the vessel which had immediately began making threats towards our personnel. At the time, the Crayterians and ourselves had spent the prior two weeks fending off an extreme rise in Nomadic and infestee activity in and around Coronado. Naturally, with the arrival of the self-proclaimed saviors of humanity, and their unusually tight relationship with The Order - particularly through one Admiral Claire Chandler - we were pushed out and declared outlaws. Our forces were attacked and The Order had effectively seeded their control in that section of space.

Funny.

They deployed a large force to handle a task that could've been resolved much easier, and they'd still have two Osiris-Class warships in their arsenal. With The Amenhotep defecting and their 'loss' of the Razgriz, they lost more resources conducting a simple strike than they should have. However, I cannot deny that they were successful in eradicating that gate as you've mentioned. Since its destruction, infectee activity has been minimal, with the most recent encounter occurring in New London several weeks ago. All hostiles were eliminated. The mention of Universal isn't a surprise, as before we came to an agreement, I myself helped protect one vessel moving in to Crayter Space from an Independent Lane Hacker. It's likely they're working with the Crayterian Republic through some formal trade agreement, but that is irrelevant to us. I'm more concerned about what remains of The Order in the region, and a now rogue Bretonian Dunkirk-Class vessel.

The Argosax was last spotted in Cortez, and later pursued one of ours to Inverness. We since lost contact with it, and it's likely that it's within the operating zone you've mentioned. It was recently outlawed from Bretonian space after it disobeyed a direct order and fired on our vessels during a Nomad incursion. There's a small but likely possibility that the vessel is compromised, and its commander indoctrinated or worse. We've narrowed it down to Liberty or Crayter territory, but given our less than favorable history with both of those places, it'd be difficult to move freely and track them. If your organization happens to locate the vessel, I or the Sentinel in charge of the investigation will gladly compensate you for any information pertaining to its whereabouts.

Otherwise, you'll find that there has been minimal alien or alien-related activity in the systems you've named.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Joshua Hunt || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 12-30-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101d.png][Image: 3.png]

Holidays are a time to reconsile with your loved ones. I can't imagine why a man of your posture wouldn't uphold wholesome family values like that, though I digress.

I can't... really make heads and tails of the behaviour of the Crayterians. First they work alongside you and then they do a 180° when the Order is involved. I guess someone is slobbering on their balls. Still, given our own disposition towards them, we aren't touched too much by that revelation. Crayterians were always preferred targets by the Assassins, since they're money easily earned. I have poked a little around the Professorship, and between you and myself, we aren't quite content with the current course the Order is taking. Two Osirises, a disaster of a scale I can't even describe, for anyone involved, and still they hold their heads high? All I can say, though, is that we are looking into getting them to clean up their mess.

Of course, we will look out for the vessel you described. Should we have the means to cripple it severely, we will undergo steps to do so. Infested or not, it should've stayed within the confines of Bretonia. Should I have any news on this, I will contact you. I have to say that I am quite fond of your direct way of dealing with things, Mr. Hunt. Who knows, maybe I'll show you something nice about the Overwatch at some point.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...