Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Sahaquiel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Sahaquiel (/showthread.php?tid=146899)

To: The Sahaquiel - Karst - 01-09-2017

-incoming transmission-
-source: Omicron Lost-
-subject: An explanation-

My name is Katherine Pennybrooke, I was flying the Ahoudori-class of the same name in Delta not long ago. I am lying low in Lost for the time being, but I have fairly advanced transmission arrays on this ship so I do hope this message will be sent without issue.

I will attempt to give a brief summary of why I assisted without going through my entire life's story.

I am a private researcher and explorer from a wealthy family, largely unburdened by the typical restrictions the average human faces. I studied atmospheric physics at Cambridge, my home planet, and pursued a leisurely lifestyle of exploration with my brother Edwin after.
In this time, I accumulated an intimate knowledge of stellar geography, but more importantly the demeanor of its denizens. It was only later that I would realize how depressing our situation is.

Being the so-called intrepid explorers we were, we ran into what we call the Slomon K'Hara on more than one occasion during this time, without any trouble. Though communication with them is not what we humans are used to, it was never too difficult to reach some form of understanding.
But the crucial point of development for me came in the form of an encounter with the former Liberty Navy Ship Tundra, and her captain Robert Foster. The Tundra had been turned into more of an organism than a ship, but captain Foster spoke with a clarity about the situation that I have never encountered since.
I have always considered myself a pacifist, and a person who truly believes there is a better future to be found for my species, but he was able to define these feelings in a way I could not have myself.

I came to accept that humanity is an invasive species. We have come to the home of another species, claimed it as our own, and spread as quickly as we could, all the meanwhile fighting and killing each other as we always have done.
This is the nature of humanity, we are a conquest-driven predator, and our primary victims have always been ourselves. When a human tribe encounters another, they seek to dominate and conquer them, to subjugate them.
It is remarkable that my species acted surprised when the Slomon K'Hara, the natives of the Sirius sector, reacted with aggression when we were conquering their home, as if they somehow did not have a right to do so.
It was captain Foster who made me realize that we must do what the proper guest to a foreign place does: Adapt to their hosts.
Not only is this politeness, on a basic level of interaction between species, but it would mean the end of our species' bloodlust and rampaging.

We are a plague, insane animals driven by instinct to kill and enslave each other, and we have been throughout our history. Now we have come to the home of another species, and we intend to do the same. To spread our ideals of domination and slaughter. Humanity, as we have evolved, cannot avoid horrific mistreatment of their own.
The goal which become obvious to me then is our adaptation to the native ways. With universal empathy, we can finally become a species that is not self-destructive, that does not have this seemingly insatiable drive to ruin its kin.

This is my goal, for humanity to become one with our hosts. We are in your house, and we must do as you do. Any amount of casualties this takes will be more than made up for by a future of progress and peace which our species is simply not capable of on its own.

I gained two important allies after my meetings with Foster. Gabriella Casta of the Ghosts of Razgriz, and Angela Corino, who some call the "Emissary". I know Gabriella understands my goals, but she departed the sector some time ago and I have only had sporadic contact with her 101st allies since. As for Corino, I have done missions for her to gain intelligence and do whatever small part I can to achieve my goal, and I have done what I can to assist the native forces otherwise.
In my mind, my path is that of a diplomat and negotiator primarily, not a warrior. The very reason why I work for the triumph of the natives over the intruders is my aversion to violence, even though I know it will be necessary at times. Whatever I can do within my constraints though, I am willing to do.

I have been away from current events from some times, working as a meteorologist on a remote weather station on Kurile, a job which I have lost due to yet another episode of ridiculous human turf wars. I do not know if Corino is still around, but regardless, I intend to continue my role as an agent between us, to the benefit of the natives.

That was a brief summary of my background. I hope this explains why I was assisting you. I may need assistance of my own soon too, as I am drifting in no man's land here at the time being. My ship is equipped for very long-term travel, but it will not last forever.

-Katherine

-end transmission-

RE: To: The Sahaquiel - Aoi Iseijin - 01-13-2017

[Image: 264px-IseijinFactionLogo.png]

Pennybrooke-san,

Captain Namura here. That Delta fight after we disabled the Freeport was by far the most intense one I was in. Had you not been there, I dare say those capital ships would gain distance on us and that'd be our end. For that we are grateful.

Now to your story. I have to admit you're one of the strangest human beings I've met. Don't take this as an insult - I was merely referring to your different view on things than others. As captain Foster explained - we indeed did come first and your species are the invaders. To see a human embrace that is surprising, to say the least.

I am to an extent familiar with your history with us and dealings with captain Foster, Gabriella Casta and Angela Corino. What you did exactly is your business and your business only, but I can confirm we have relations with all of them. From your last paragraph I couldn't understand whether or not you were asking for us to grant you The Gift, but I'll assume it's related to it. For now no, it's not the time. You're more beneficial to us as a normal human, and it helps you in your endeavours. I do however have 2 tasks for you.

First, keep being the eyes and the ears for our group, like you were doing already. New information are always needed. Second one is of critical importance. You're very familiar with the Delta crisis already. However, there's currently a misconception that the Core was behind bombing the Freeport. It wasn't, we were. We used one of our Core undercovers to blend in and execute the attack. Where do you come in all this? We want you to, -after the crisis is over-, spread around rumours that it was us after all. It will be another blow to the humanity, currently busy with their own conflicts not knowing it was all because of the third side. Every ship, every life that dies in the Omicrons makes them weaker while we gather our strengths.

As for your distress call, I can only return the favor. Our ships will pick you up in Lost shortly and get you to safety near the Omicron Minor jumphole. I must warn you that if you try to double cross us, we will find you no matter where you are and drag you to the worst place your mind can't even imagine. Take care, and contact us again in a few months.

RE: To: The Sahaquiel - Karst - 01-17-2017

-incoming transmission-
-source: Heisenberg-
-subject: A report-

Again, I am grateful your ships got me out of the Omicrons with no issue. I have made my way to Heisenberg Research Station, in the remote Cologne system. I've worked from here before and it's a perfect base of operations.
Now as I promised, I have some information to share, conversations which I witnessed as a bystander at the Freeport, before we came into contact. How much of this is truly useful I cannot say, but as a general rule I don't believe there can be too much information available.

I will try to summarize some of the insights gleaned from this rather lengthy log.

- The independent battlegroup known as "Auxesia" is taking an active role in this conflict, in which they view themselves as "peacekeepers". Present on site were a former Core battlecruiser, an older model Liberty dreadnought, and several smaller vessels. Their relations with the Core seem to be somewhat ambiguous, and they hinted at conflict with the Order.
- Both them and at least some of the Zoners have suspicions that the Core is not in fact behind the NEMP bombing and suspect Nomad involvement.
- Outcast forces, including Casta's and possibly the Commune, have been attacking Zoner defenders and convoys.
- The Kusari Naval Forces have sent a battlecruiser of their 66th to investigate developments that have caught their attention.
- The Core have taken a less aggressive stance than during the last crisis. Unsurprising, considering they are surely aware the NEMP attack wasn't perpetrated by their own. However, their captain Jessebelle Fillian, notorious for her involvement in the previous crisis, freely admits an unprovoked attacked against a Zoner ship, so there is no doubt a solid basis for conflict even without the bombing.

I will commence my assignments at once, although I do have a question. When the time comes to release the rumor of the true attackers, is the objective simply to lower morale of Edge Worlds denizens, and to show their inability to protect themselves? Other than that, it would seem more beneficial to me to milk the intra-human conflict as much as possible.
Regardless, I will am preparing for both tasks. You should be able to contact me at any time.

For universal peace and united species, always

~ Katherine

-end transmission-